PDA

View Full Version : we're in trouble : Tim Tebow, New York Jets will explode on offense this season

justasportsfan
09-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Tim Tebow, New York Jets will explode on offense this season

The Jets aren't letting anyone see how they're going to use Tim Tebow this season. No one. Not at open practice, and especially not in games that don't count. What did we see in the preseason? Tebow coming in, playing some mop-up QB, struggling to throw the football and taking abuse. That is 100 percent what is NOT going to happen during the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000059417/article/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-will-explode-on-offense-this-season?module=HP11_content_stream

nyballa561
09-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Im a Jet fan and there is no way the Jets offense is "exploding". I think Sanchez will improve but he just doesn't have the weapons. Period. Im hoping we can have a decent offense so that our defense has a chance to carry us

The King
09-07-2012, 02:07 PM
We manhandled Tebow last year I don't care if he pulls a helicopter out of his ass, nothing he bring to this game on Sunday scares me. You win the game by executing your plays and not making mistakes, not by trickery and gimmicks.

justasportsfan
09-07-2012, 02:09 PM
I think the jets will al run into each other on the field out of confusion.

OpIv37
09-07-2012, 02:10 PM
I agree with Bedard.

I WANT Tebow to play. The Bills made him look foolish last year, and that was with Kyle Williams injured and before we had Mario Williams.

Scumbag College
09-07-2012, 02:12 PM
I think teams have figured out how to defend the wildcat for the most part. How many 10+ yard plays can you remember off the top of your head from the Wildcat in the past year or two?

The King
09-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Even if he pulls off a miraculous 80 yard play. That's not the type of game I anticipate. It's not going to be a one-play game.

And this top secret crap, basically all that means is it's untested. They haven't used it in a real game, with real pads and real-time speed.

Run the oop-de-oop, I dare you.

MidnightVoice
09-07-2012, 02:18 PM
And if Potter plays, they need to move 80 yards to score - plenty of time to nail Tebow :)

stuckincincy
09-07-2012, 02:25 PM
We manhandled Tebow last year I don't care if he pulls a helicopter out of his ass, nothing he bring to this game on Sunday scares me. You win the game by executing your plays and not making mistakes, not by trickery and gimmicks.

Don't forget - Tebow was a rookie last season. BUF is depending a lot on the front 4 rush. I wouldn't dismiss Tebow's ability to spot a seam and bolt for yards. Nobody has much of a good opinion of the BUF LB corps.

The King
09-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Don't forget - Tebow was a rookie last season. BUF is depending a lot on the front 4 rush. I wouldn't dismiss Tebow's ability to spot a seam and bolt for yards. Nobody has much of a good opinion of the BUF LB corps.
except he wasnt

justasportsfan
09-07-2012, 02:34 PM

I agree, the vikings qb's found space to scramble when they were trying to throw. Tebow won't be looking to throw when he's on the field.

Night Train
09-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Heath obviously didn't see Tebow & Denver get blown out by the Bills last December, when we were on a 6 game losing streak and half the team we are now.

Jeff1220
09-07-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm hopeful, but not so confident...not so much because of Tebow or Sanchez, but because of this:

There's so much excitement about the prospects of the Bills breaking their NFL-long 12 season playoff drought that it's easy to forget that the Bills have a 2-10 record within their division during coach Chan Gailey's two-year tenure.

That, of course, includes an 0-4 record against the Jets and a 1-3 record against Dolphins, whose former head coach, Tony Sparano, has presto bango into the Jets offensive coordinator.

The Bills' recent history in their own division reads a little like a horror movie script. Those eight games against Ryan's Jets and Sparano's Dolphins include lopsided losses like 35-8, 38-7, 38-14 and a number of epic rushing performances allowed. It would seem that between Sparano and Ryan, they have the Bills pretty much figured out.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1325554-bills-vs-jets-5-keys-to-the-game-for-buffalo

Night Train
09-07-2012, 03:35 PM
That was Then

This is a much different team...I think..

stuckincincy
09-07-2012, 03:42 PM
I agree, the vikings qb's found space to scramble when they were trying to throw. Tebow won't be looking to throw when he's on the field.

I've only seen a few highlight flicks last season, but did watch him in the ps opener against CIN. Duck passes, but he has quite a vision of what is going on as the OL/DL battled, saw gaps and scooted. He's no passer, as everybody knows, but by gosh he has great game situation presence.

If he had an authentic NFL arm, he would have been a #1 and would possibly rack up the SB rings.

SquishDaFish
09-07-2012, 03:44 PM
I think the Jets will be better than alot of people are saying but I dont see them winning more that 8 games

justasportsfan
09-07-2012, 03:57 PM
I think the Jets will be better than alot of people are saying but I dont see them winning more that 8 games

and this is the best time to play them. While we may not have any tape on them, they are most likely going to be finding their chemistry as well.

nyballa561
09-07-2012, 03:58 PM

And how many do you see the Bills winning? I'm guessing 10+ and in the playoffs? Right?

Beauty is all in the eye of the beholder my friend

stuckincincy
09-07-2012, 04:06 PM
and this is the best time to play them. While we may not have any tape on them, they are most likely going to be finding their chemistry as well.

Good observation. Adding in their starter's injuries, one guesses that they will be at sea.

The King
09-07-2012, 04:12 PM
See my post above....

And this top secret crap, basically all that means is it's untested. They haven't used it in a real game, with real pads and real-time speed.

Run the oop-de-oop, I dare you.

Mike
09-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Explode can be taken in a negative context as well. In a negative way, I think the Jets offense is allready exploding. Holmes is calling out he QBs, the OLine is having issues, and they lack weapons. The only think that can help them now, is playing a poor defense

Buffalogic
09-07-2012, 05:34 PM
That sissy boy is the biggest jets homer ever and he doesnt hide the fact that the jets are his favorite team. Why NFL.com would let him write such a biased and whimsical garbage article is beyond me. He also gives terrible fantasy advice. I hate this person. Yes, hate.

Oaf
09-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Win or lose, I think we see Kelsay at least once or twice with his hands on Tebow only to let him go.

- - - Updated - - -

Win or lose, I think we see Kelsay at least once or twice with his hands on Tebow only to let him go.

YardRat
09-07-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't see the Jets offense exploding, but it certainly won't be as bad as it appeared during the preseason. Unlike some others, I absolutely hate playing the Jets and Tebow the first week of the season, most likely because I don't have much confidence in the abilities of our coordinators to counter and adjust what New York will throw at us from both sides of the ball.

ParanoidAndroid
09-07-2012, 11:10 PM
It's time to start believing the Jets (http://www.billszone.com/teams/newyorkjets/profile?team=NYJ)' plan for Tebow has nothing to do with what we've seen so far. Put Tebow in the backfield at the same time as Mark Sanchez (http://www.billszone.com/player/marksanchez/79858/profile)? I wouldn't put it past Wildcat inventor Tony Sparano.

Tony Sparano did not invent the Wildcat.... David Lee did. As in David Lee the current QB coach for the Buffalo Bills. But hey! Who can expect a writer for NFL.com to know anything about football?

Mike13
09-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Got to love it, the Jet loving media is just as delusional as the mouth breathing dip**** jet fanbase.

kishoph
09-08-2012, 01:11 AM
Implode-yes, explode-don't think so. I'm more worried about the Bills playing bad, than I am about the Jets playing good. I would really like to see Gailey put the game more in the hands of Freddie and Spiller and be less dependent on how Fitz does. I know this is becoming a passing league, but that's because there are more "elite" QB's playing now than ever before. Take the pressure off Fitz and we're likely to see less mistakes (ints).

YardRat
09-08-2012, 06:17 AM
Implode-yes, explode-don't think so. I'm more worried about the Bills playing bad, than I am about the Jets playing good. I would really like to see Gailey put the game more in the hands of Freddie and Spiller and be less dependent on how Fitz does. I know this is becoming a passing league, but that's because there are more "elite" QB's playing now than ever before. Take the pressure off Fitz and we're likely to see less mistakes (ints).

Ehhh, I don't know about that. The rules changes have created stat lines that inflate the perception of the abilities of QB's and WR's in general. Just about any and every schmoe are putting up 'elite' numbers, but talent-wise they shouldn't even be holding the jocks of their predecessors.

superbills
09-08-2012, 08:52 AM

So that's where my helicopter went...I was looking for that.

User Manuel
09-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Did Pat Moran write this?

Meathead
09-08-2012, 12:06 PM
i sure hope the bills arent writing off tebow and the jets as easily as many of the fans are

i dont think tebow is a very good qb but lets not forget it was the middle of the fourth quarter against the broncs last season before the bills pulled away, so the game seemed more of a mismatch than it was. denvers defense was statistically good but they also benefitted from an easy schedule and unlikely are nearly as good as the jets defense

sparano may not have invented the wc but he was the most successful at running it to a division title. it may be a bit passe in its original form, but i wouldnt put it past him to finagle an improved version that uses tebows better than a rb throwing ability to surprise the bills with some big plays that could easily make the difference

in the early season nfl when you see one team that appears to be heading upwards and another heading downwards thats usually a time when things get turned upside down. the jets (incl tebow) are going to be a difficult out and i hope the players have totally bought into that before the game because if they havent they surely will after the game

Meathead
09-09-2012, 02:16 PM
wish i had been wrong on this one. it was even way worse than i thought possible

justasportsfan
09-09-2012, 04:51 PM
:hang:

Mike
09-09-2012, 05:13 PM
more than anything, the Bills D imploded. No punts until the 4th quarter. It looked like a high school D

OpIv37
09-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Well this thread was half right..... The Jets' O exploded but not because of Tebow.