Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

we're in trouble : Tim Tebow, New York Jets will explode on offense this season

Tim Tebow, New York Jets will explode on offense this season

The Jets aren't letting anyone see how they're going to use Tim Tebow this season. No one. Not at open practice, and especially not in games that don't count. What did we see in the preseason? Tebow coming in, playing some mop-up QB, struggling to throw the football and taking abuse. That is 100 percent what is NOT going to happen during the season.

Despite public perception, the New York Jets are not a stumbling, bumbling outfit on offense. Tim Tebow and Co. know exactly what they're doing, Jason Smith argues, and will prove it in 2012.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • nyballa561
    • Oct 2011

Re: we're in trouble : Tim Tebow, New York Jets will explode on offense this season

Im a Jet fan and there is no way the Jets offense is "exploding". I think Sanchez will improve but he just doesn't have the weapons. Period. Im hoping we can have a decent offense so that our defense has a chance to carry us

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Re: we're in trouble : Tim Tebow, New York Jets will explode on offense this season

We manhandled Tebow last year I don't care if he pulls a helicopter out of his ass, nothing he bring to this game on Sunday scares me. You win the game by executing your plays and not making mistakes, not by trickery and gimmicks.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

I think the jets will al run into each other on the field out of confusion.
        sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I agree with Bedard.

I WANT Tebow to play. The Bills made him look foolish last year, and that was with Kyle Williams injured and before we had Mario Williams.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

I think teams have figured out how to defend the wildcat for the most part. How many 10+ yard plays can you remember off the top of your head from the Wildcat in the past year or two?
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Even if he pulls off a miraculous 80 yard play. That's not the type of game I anticipate. It's not going to be a one-play game.

And this top secret crap, basically all that means is it's untested. They haven't used it in a real game, with real pads and real-time speed.

Run the oop-de-oop, I dare you.
              Last edited by The King; 09-07-2012, 02:12 PM.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• MidnightVoice
                Retired (mostly)
                • Mar 2003

And if Potter plays, they need to move 80 yards to score - plenty of time to nail Tebow :)

But to play
                that’s the thing
                shut up and deal
                ~ Jesse May

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  We manhandled Tebow last year I don't care if he pulls a helicopter out of his ass, nothing he bring to this game on Sunday scares me. You win the game by executing your plays and not making mistakes, not by trickery and gimmicks.
                  Don't forget - Tebow was a rookie last season. BUF is depending a lot on the front 4 rush. I wouldn't dismiss Tebow's ability to spot a seam and bolt for yards. Nobody has much of a good opinion of the BUF LB corps.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                    Don't forget - Tebow was a rookie last season. BUF is depending a lot on the front 4 rush. I wouldn't dismiss Tebow's ability to spot a seam and bolt for yards. Nobody has much of a good opinion of the BUF LB corps.
                    except he wasnt
                    Last edited by The King; 09-07-2012, 02:48 PM.
                    It was all

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                      I agree, the vikings qb's found space to scramble when they were trying to throw. Tebow won't be looking to throw when he's on the field.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Heath obviously didn't see Tebow & Denver get blown out by the Bills last December, when we were on a 6 game losing streak and half the team we are now.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

I'm hopeful, but not so confident...not so much because of Tebow or Sanchez, but because of this:

There's so much excitement about the prospects of the Bills breaking their NFL-long 12 season playoff drought that it's easy to forget that the Bills have a 2-10 record within their division during coach Chan Gailey's two-year tenure.

That, of course, includes an 0-4 record against the Jets and a 1-3 record against Dolphins, whose former head coach, Tony Sparano, has presto bango into the Jets offensive coordinator.

The Bills' recent history in their own division reads a little like a horror movie script. Those eight games against Ryan's Jets and Sparano's Dolphins include lopsided losses like 35-8, 38-7, 38-14 and a number of epic rushing performances allowed. It would seem that between Sparano and Ryan, they have the Bills pretty much figured out.
                          This will be Tim Tebow 's first game as a New York Jet. There, that's out of the way. If you're looking for Tebow hype, this isn't the place...

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

That was Then

This is a much different team...I think..
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                              I agree, the vikings qb's found space to scramble when they were trying to throw. Tebow won't be looking to throw when he's on the field.
                              I've only seen a few highlight flicks last season, but did watch him in the ps opener against CIN. Duck passes, but he has quite a vision of what is going on as the OL/DL battled, saw gaps and scooted. He's no passer, as everybody knows, but by gosh he has great game situation presence.

If he had an authentic NFL arm, he would have been a #1 and would possibly rack up the SB rings.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X