PDA

View Full Version : THe pregames nerves are kickin in!

BillsOwnAll
09-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Whts everyone's gameplay his not going to the game to do when you wake up at 6am tommorow lol! I hate waiting untill 1!

2slowtogofast
09-08-2012, 02:29 PM
I hate waiting till 1 as well. I hope I won't be let let down by 4 though.

Ed
09-08-2012, 02:29 PM
I live in Denver so I only have to wait until 11. Woo hoo!

Skooby
09-08-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm going to bed at 6:00 AM just so I can sleep until game time, lol.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Ill watch few movies to burn the time until game time.

Luisito23
09-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Wake up at around 10, and play some FIFA until kickoff...Playing online always makes the time fly by.

YardRat
09-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Make some coffee, get the papers, maybe have some breakfast. Scan the boards here, of course. If I have any time or desire, maybe get a small item crossed off the honey-do list.

hemi13
09-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Wake up around 8:30 with the wife to be. Have a nice breakfast, read the paper. Maybe take in Fox News Sunday. Then head to Buffalo Wild Wings in Flint MI to watch the game.

BLeonard
09-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Whts everyone's gameplay his not going to the game to do when you wake up at 6am tommorow lol! I hate waiting untill 1!

Heh, wake up...? Chances are good I won't sleep until after the game tomorrow... I never sleep well the night before Opening Day.

-Bill

Meathead
09-08-2012, 04:51 PM
I live in Denver so I only have to wait until 11. Woo hoo!

i live in thailand so the game starts in seven minutes

OpIv37
09-08-2012, 05:17 PM
You people need to stay up later and drink more on Saturdays. Then you'll sleep until game time no problem.

YardRat
09-08-2012, 05:22 PM
i live in thailand so the game starts in seven minutes

How did the first quarter go?

Buffalogic
09-08-2012, 05:27 PM
10am start is great lol! Can't wait

ublinkwescore
09-09-2012, 12:00 AM
I only have to wait until 10 because i live in CA. but game time still takes too long to get here when you are up by 6 every day.

- - - Updated - - -

I only have to wait until 10 because i live in CA. but game time still takes too long to get here when you are up by 6 every day.

JoeMama
09-09-2012, 12:10 AM
It's 1:12am and I'm still awake. And not due to the usual insomnia.

Gameday can't come soon enough.

Skooby
09-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Oh man, someone had to start a thread like this. It's like talking about the 600lbs gorilla in the room, you just shouldn't talk about it.

JoeMama
09-09-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm amazed I don't kill myself during the offseason.

Does anyone else struggle with the lack of Sunday football to look forward to during the week as the doldrums of the offseason languish on and on?

I have boxing, which is nice. And I like my U.S. soccer team when they play friendlies and qualifiers.

But the offseason is such a bore I often find myself not knowing what to do.

Skooby
09-09-2012, 12:33 AM
I'm amazed I don't kill myself during the offseason.

Does anyone else struggle with the lack of Sunday football to look forward to during the week as the doldrums of the offseason languish on and on?

I have boxing, which is nice. And I like my U.S. soccer team when they play friendlies and qualifiers.

But the offseason is such a bore I often find myself not knowing what to do.

Try living in a town that goes to sleep at 8:00 PM in the off-season, lol.

JoeMama
09-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Try living in a town that goes to sleep at 8:00 PM in the off-season, lol.

I'm in Florida too, but the median age in Jax is way lower than Naples.

I'm amazed you're still up, frankly.

Skooby
09-09-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm in Florida too, but the median age in Jax is way lower than Naples.

I'm amazed you're still up, frankly.

Everyone's grandparents from Jax live here, it's really unbelievable the geriatric time here. There's really no place like here during the wintertime. This past winter was the best in ~20 years, I swear it was like 80 / 60 everyday. How was it up there this winter ??

JoeMama
09-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Everyone's grandparents from Jax live here, it's really unbelievable the geriatric time here. There's really no place like here during the wintertime. This past winter was the best in ~20 years, I swear it was like 80 / 60 everyday. How was it up there this winter ??

The only time I talk to old people in Jacksonville, they regale me with interminable anecdotes about greasing "chinks" during the Korean Conflict.

I just sort of politely nod and wait for their 8am curfew to kick in so they'll slink away with a smug sense of "I showed that youngster what was up!" then I hit the webs and make fun of my elderly neighbors without them ever knowing about it.

I like hearing people out. But I like making fun of them even more.

Skooby
09-09-2012, 12:58 AM
The only time I talk to old people in Jacksonville, they regale me with interminable anecdotes about greasing "chinks" during the Korean Conflict.

I just sort of politely nod and wait for their 8am curfew to kick in so they'll slink away with a smug sense of "I showed that youngster what was up!" then I hit the webs and make fun of my elderly neighbors without them ever knowing about it.

Lol, I'm pissing myself laughing right now.

ZAZusmc03
09-09-2012, 01:44 AM

I lived in Kingsland, GA, which is right across the border off 95. I really disliked Jax. Only good thing about it was getting $10 tickets to their football games from the USO. I was there for the Bills games in 2008 when it was the hottest game in Jag history, and it was the great win when Trentative started the season looking good. So much fun since there were more Bills fans than Jags.

JoeMama
09-09-2012, 01:47 AM
I lived in Kingsland, GA, which is right across the border off 95. I really disliked Jax. Only good thing about it was getting $10 tickets to their football games from the USO. I was there for the Bills games in 2008 when it was the hottest game in Jag history, and it was the great win when Trentative started the season looking good. So much fun since there were more Bills fans than Jags.

Yeah, our family rocks the "USO, that's how we support the troops" bumper stickers.

It's nice to know there's a tangible benefit in the football realm.

ZAZusmc03
09-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Yeah, our family rocks the "USO, that's how we support the troops" bumper stickers.

It's nice to know there's a tangible benefit in the football realm.

Yeah the USO on base would buy a decent size section of seats and we'd get the $10 tix, it was awesome. I went to several games, and usually bought a T-shirt of the team the Jags were playing.

kishoph
09-09-2012, 01:53 AM
I've had insomnia for about a month now, I don't sleep past 2-2:30am, tonight I feel like I could go lay back down and fall asleep, but I want to surf the internet for things leading up to the games instead of sleeping. I'll start feeling anxious in about 5 hours, I may just go into work so I don't drive myself crazy waiting for the game to begin. GO BILLS.

BillsOwnAll
09-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Whew got called in for some ot.. They ask how long I can work to.. This will make 1230 come soon!

Skooby
09-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Whew got called in for some ot.. They ask how long I can work to.. This will make 1230 come soon!

Lol, you'll be earning your nerves away.