• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Chasing the dream... The 2012 Buffalo Bills

For those that don't me, I live in Clearwater, Fl... far removed from the NE suburban paradise that is Orchard Park. I have such good memories of the time spent there. Much of that memory is filled with the roar of Rich Stadium, the warmth of friends, the comfort of food and the slow vibration that comes after drinking a bucket of good Canadian beer. That was the 90's and in the words of my mother, "savor it... it because it won't happen again."

Well... her and my dad boarded a plane for Super Bowl XXVIII, so I planned to do exactly that... Savor it.. With a handful of my closet friends and a quarter keg of Labatts that nature was chilling in our garage. A few years later, some TE from Nashville ended the dream abruptly. It seems like us Bills fans, hell the organization itself... has always felt like getting it back was just a Polianesque move away.

Derrick Dockery, Willis McGahee, JP Losman, T.O. and others are part of the troop of players that promised an entire region of hopeful, loyal fans that it wasn't just an unfulfilled dream. The belief that the dream was right there to be had seems to have been the beacon with which this organization has made decisions. Afterall, if you could just add that special player or two... or even three... snowy December and January days in a gray, icey concrete coffin could actually be electric again.

Enter Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, and handful of resigned key contributors. The decision facing Bills fans (most who already have made up their minds) is whether this is just the same old dream chasing decision making that has led to the opposite end of the dream spectrum we aspire or whether this is the beginning of an new awakening... an awakening where the chase stops and the cold, dark days of winter become fun again!

This isn't an article about X's and O's. This is something more concrete than that. This article... this question... this thread... is about what you think and Billieve!

Considering that last year Chris Kelsay out produced our new savior... I'm left to be thankful that come November... when talk of the draft begins to infect WNY... and my mother is proven right yet again... I still live close to my beloved coast.

filename-009.jpg
  • Blondie
    Smarter than most men here :-)
    • Aug 2012

Re: Chasing the dream... The 2012 Buffalo Bills

I believe I can fly... spread my wings and touch the sky...

Wait this is not that kind of thread...

Or wait is it??
    I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Nice.

Comment

• dco1990
        • Nov 2009

Woot i'm from Clearwater as well. First post. Go bills!!!!

Comment

• JoeMama
          Emotion Sickness
          • Oct 2002

Nix the Church of Scientology and Clearwater is a rockin' place to live.
          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Any takers?

The season is over by thanksgiving or you're a Billiever?

Comment

• Blondie
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
              Nix the Church of Scientology and Clearwater is a rockin' place to live.
              Of course Clearwater is a rockin' place to live!!!

However we are off to a BILLS bar today to watch some football!!!!

Woot-woot!!!!

I believe in the BILLS!! They can do it! I believe they will get my hubby so pissed this season he will again say why do I root for them every year!?!?!?!?!

And I get to sit back a chuckle! Woot-woot!!

GO BILLS!!
              Last edited by Blondie; 09-09-2012, 08:00 AM.
              I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• JoeMama
                Emotion Sickness
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                Of course Clearwater is a rockin' place to live!!!

However we are off to a BILLS bar today to watch some football!!!!

Woot-woot!!!!

I believe in the BILLS!! They can do it! I believe they will get my hubby so pissed this season he will again say why do I root for them every year!?!?!?!?!

And I get to sit back a chuckle! Woot-woot!!

GO BILLS!!
                Like I said, you have a sick, perverse reason to watch the Bills.

But I admit you've recognized the reality of being a Bills fan for those of us who are.

We shake our TVs or throw food at the big screen at the sports bar half the time we watch their lousy performances.

I say, NOT THIS YEAR, though.
                Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                  • Oct 2002

I've been to that bar before I think. There's another bar on the other side of the parking lot, correct?
                  Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Blondie
                    • Aug 2012

Good for you Joey!! Keep them spirits up!!

Its good to believe in something .. if not what is the purpose?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                    I've been to that bar before I think. There's another bar on the other side of the parking lot, correct?
                    This one is new... you may be thinking of Nickel City Cafe bar... I didn't like that bar too dirty and smoky.
                    Last edited by Blondie; 09-09-2012, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• JoeMama
                      Emotion Sickness
                      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                      Its good to believe in something .. if not what is the purpose?
                      Apparently my only purpose was to hear myself complain about the Bills the past 12 years when I didn't predict the playoffs.

But a 12-0 record isn't too shabby where predictions are concerned.

I feel 13-0 coming on.

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Reality blows huh boys?

Comment

• Blondie
                          • Aug 2012

Tell you what CJ Spiller... that nigroid is the ****!

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

No one want to give props?

U can all shampoo my crotch.

Comment

• Blondie
                              • Aug 2012

I am in for hardcore sex tonight!!!

I believe in the BILLS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X