X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marcala12
    • Aug 2012

WR issues- Stevie questionable

My biggest issue with this team is the lack of WR depth. What scares me is that Stevie is the most indispensable player on the team; without him teams would stack against our run game all day. Our pass catchers are good enough to get by (i suppose) with Stevie in there, but he has an almost chronic groin problem and he could easily miss a few games.

It seems like there's a few FA's out there better than some our WR's. I don't know why we don't even bring anyone in for a try out.

How do you see it? Does anyone think we'll have any kind of offense in the event that Stevie sits out a few to heal the groin? I like our squad big time this year and I think it would suck if WR depth is our unraveling, especially with some decent guys sitting without a team right now.
    Somebody over at another sports forum is insane. He's a fat-ass who has nothing better to do than run a site like he's some type of powerful person when everyone knows that he's a worthless person. Banning people with no explanation when they simply ask a pertinant question in a chatroom? He removes 1000's of threads that have real meaning to people without so much as an explanation. He barely has a pot to piss in, so his only shot of exerting power in his whole life is to act like an internet Hitler. The funny thing is EVERYONE talks so much s*** about the guy behind his back in Pm's etc. because everyone hates him.

PM ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS IN other sports sites - tell them BillsZone is where it's at. BillsZone has a chance to be everything that the other site should have been, but couldn't be because that other guy is so insane.
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: WR issues- Stevie questionable

since chudwanley have been very proactive at going out and getting what they need this offseason we can only assume that they arent blowing smoke when they say they are happy with the wideouts they have. i too was hoping they would snag one of the available veterans for the wr2 spot but apparently they really believe that they cant do better than what they already have

and fwiw, stevie practiced with limited reps on friday and both chan and stevie seemed confident he would play. i do admit however that it was a little surprising and even alarming that they graded him as only questionable. seems like it would be a lot harder to pull out the win if he cant go or is limited
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

They should've kept Hagan or Roosevelt.

Obviously they didn't have as much confidence in the wideouts during the off season as they do now (for whatever reason, even though other than Graham it's the status quo minus 1) otherwise they wouldn't have flown Meachum in with Mario.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• JoeMama
        Emotion Sickness
        • Oct 2002

I have a problem with it on two levels.

My personal investment in the Bills.

My financial investment in fantasy football.

Stevie says he's 90% good to go and it won't be a factor in keeping him off the field.
        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• kishoph
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
          Stevie says he's 90% good to go and it won't be a factor in keeping him off the field.
          Listening to Johnson's interview, he really seems to downplay the injury, so I think it's just more of a case of the media building it up and I don't know how much stock I put into the injury report. Hopefully it won't be a factor, if so, we need more Jackson and Spiller.

Comment

• Marcala12
            • Aug 2012

I'm sure he'll play. My concern is more for the season than this particular week. He has somewhat of a chronic injury; he aggravated it before the 1st game for crying out loud. Without him for any stretch during the season, we're in huge trouble. It's just another reason we needed to address the WR position. Graham wasn't close to enough.

Does anyone disagree that Stevie is the player we can least afford to lose to injury?
            Somebody over at another sports forum is insane. He's a fat-ass who has nothing better to do than run a site like he's some type of powerful person when everyone knows that he's a worthless person. Banning people with no explanation when they simply ask a pertinant question in a chatroom? He removes 1000's of threads that have real meaning to people without so much as an explanation. He barely has a pot to piss in, so his only shot of exerting power in his whole life is to act like an internet Hitler. The funny thing is EVERYONE talks so much s*** about the guy behind his back in Pm's etc. because everyone hates him.

PM ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS IN other sports sites - tell them BillsZone is where it's at. BillsZone has a chance to be everything that the other site should have been, but couldn't be because that other guy is so insane.

Comment

• kishoph
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Marcala12 View Post
              I'm sure he'll play. My concern is more for the season than this particular week. He has somewhat of a chronic injury; he aggravated it before the 1st game for crying out loud. Without him for any stretch during the season, we're in huge trouble. It's just another reason we needed to address the WR position. Graham wasn't close to enough.

Does anyone disagree that Stevie is the player we can least afford to lose to injury?
              Stevie said that this is not the same injury as the one he had the surgery for. I don't know how groin injuries go, but he said this is not related.

Comment

Working...
              X