• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

GDT - Bills @ Jets regular season game 1

I'm sitting here unable to sleep so I thought I'd put my time to use, cheers to our new chance at success !!

Go Bills!!
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Re: GDT - Bills @ Jets regular season game 1

11-5 and playoffs.

Bank on it.

I haven't predicted playoffs in over 12 years.

I feel like it's high time I took a leap of faith and proclaimed that we're ready.

The talent is there. Chan Gailey seems competent (even though I hated hiring him).

The players seem to buy into the philosophy.

We're due.

It's like that old photo of the rusty old van that is spotted around Buffalo occasionally that has the phrase "The Bills Will Rise Again" brushed along the side.

I think whoever the old nut who owns that van is due to be correct for once.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
        11-5 and playoffs.

Bank on it.

I haven't predicted playoffs in over 12 years.

I feel like it's high time I took a leap of faith and proclaimed that we're ready.

The talent is there. Chan Gailey seems competent (even though I hated hiring him).

The players seem to buy into the philosophy.

We're due.

It's like that old photo of the rusty old van that is spotted around Buffalo occasionally that has the phrase "The Bills Will Rise Again" brushed along the side.

I think whoever the old nut who owns that van is due to be correct for once.
        I feel the same way. Today it begins.
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

Thanks Yardie...... listening to "Breathe" right now!

GO BILLS

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            • Apr 2004

Comment

• Blondie
              Smarter than most men here :-)
              • Aug 2012

Love the spirit in this thread!! I hope the Bills do well.... however

gotta go for the Jets today and hope and pray Tebow comes in!!!

Pray Sanchez sizzucks and can't pass for ****!

Then Tebow comes in and lights it up!!!

GO TEBOW!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by Blondie; 09-09-2012, 08:22 AM.
              I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                • Apr 2004

Thanks for ruining it.
                Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 09-09-2012, 08:28 AM. Reason: too much

Comment

• Blondie
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by andyxc71 View Post
                  Thanks for ruining it.
                  Oh come on.. that is not ruining anything.

I am just super excited for today's game.

I hope your Bills do well. **** if they win my hubby will be happy! It will be a good game either way for me.

I just LOVE Tebow. A lot! And I hope he gets in there!
                  Last edited by Blondie; 09-09-2012, 08:31 AM.
                  I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• THRILLHO
                    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Blondie View Post

I just LOVE Tebow. A lot! And I hope he gets in there!
                    That's what she said?

Also, I have a bad feeling about this game. The Jets have had our number. While I think they have a terrible team, I don't like our chances. But I will still be watching and hoping and wishing and cheering while at work. GO BILLS.
                    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Blondie
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by THRILLHO View Post
                      That's what she said?

Also, I have a bad feeling about this game. The Jets have had our number. While I think they have a terrible team, I don't like our chances. But I will still be watching and hoping and wishing and cheering while at work. GO BILLS.
                      Well if he is struggling she could always help ;-)

The Bills should have snatched him up!

Comment

• 2slowtogofast
                        • Sep 2007

Go Bills

Comment

• HendersonD06
                          • Oct 2005

Good luck to you Buffalo Bill fans here in 2012. This is by far, our strongest Jets defense to date under the Rex Ryan era. Heading into our 4th season with Ryan running show show with 3 consecutive seasons of top 5 defense. Drafted an absolute stud in Quinton Coples; kid led the entire NFL in both sacks (4.5) and Forced Fumbles (2) during the preseason. LaRon Landry is by far, the most talented Safety we've had in quite some time. Landing Bell, a solid Safety in which knows the AFC East opposite of Landry is scary. Our rookie last season in Wilkerson had a stand out rookie season as a 3-4 Defensive End. Has the potential to become the best overall Jets defensive player outside of Darrelle Revis. Speaking of Revis, this secondary is featuring 4 first round draft picks. All real talents in Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson and now LaRon Landry (who had a strong offseason followed by a great preseason). 4 defensive first round draft picks floating around our secondary; If Buffalo can not establish a forceful rushing attack, Fitzpatrick will without question; have his hands full with this Jets defense. This front 7 will become stout against the run here in 2012 as well. No question about it. The strongest front 7 we've ever seen under coach Ryan. Which is scary considering the fact we've ranked top 5 each and every season Ryan's been here. Wilkerson, Ellis, Coples, Pace, Harris, Scott and Maybin can become something special. Especially once Pouha emerges into the picture at 3-4 NT/4-3 DT. Bryan Thomas, a strong edge setter has returned from injury. Has always been stout against the run. We've drafted an extremely talented IMLB in Demario Davis. Even DeVito has developed into a very strong defensive role player; especially against the run.

This defense is loaded to say the least. Our defenses were very good during consecutive AFC Championship Game appearances; but the talent level, ability, potential and pure defensive fire power goes through the roof this season. It's a Rex Ryan led and/or re-vamped defense. If Tebow can add another element of offensive success as a mack-truck rusher? This offense features young talent. We'll now feature a Tony Sparano led Wildcat (Gator) formation with Tim Tebow as the center piece. A true dual threat, which is something we never really had with Brad Smith. Tebow rushing behind an All-World/All-Pro Center in Mangold could become a dream come true for Tebow who's enjoyed great success rushing the football over the past two seasons. Holmes, Keller, Greene, McKnight and Kerley... All of these kids can make plays. Stephen Hill too. Led the entire Nation in average yards per reception. Ranked as the Countries #2 WR prospect in regards to run blocking ability/production. A 6'4 freakish athlete in which runs a 4.3 flat. Jumping/Leaping ability is off the charts. Lets just say this, not even Plaxico Burress jumping ability coming out of college could compare/compete with the numbers set by Hill. Kid is going to become something special. Has dominated Revis at times during training camp, and Revis hates to lose; even during practice reps. Which is why he's the greatest (his overall focus is second to none).

Sanchez has offensive weapons. Young explosive one's too. Say what you say about our quarterback, but lets not forget, that Sanchez has improved upon completions, yardage, completion percentage, TD's, TD to INT ration and QB Rating each of his first 3 seasons since being drafted as a raw rookie QB out of USC.

RB: Shonn Greene.
                          RB: Joe McKnight.
                          WR: Santonio Holmes.
                          WR: Stephen Hill.
                          Slot: Jeremy Kerley.
                          TE: Dustin Keller.
                          Wildcat: Tim Tebow.

Weapons.

Chaz Schilens, Bilal Powell, Jeff Cumberland and Patrick Turner as offensive sleeprs as the season goes on. All 26 years of age and Powell really stood out during the offseason, Enough so, where, our coaching staff has officially listed him as being our #2 RB behind Greene (who rushed for over 1,000 yards last season behind a struggling/banged up offensive line). Because Powell has shown promise, Joe McKnight, who led the NFL in kick returns last season, can now be used all over the offensive side of the ball. Very explosive once breaking off into the open field. Shifty is the word.

With all that said. Enjoy the game fellow Buffalo fans. An AFC East rivalry is on the verge of taking place. A conference game. A division matchup at that. A season opener. It's only week one, but the winner leaves with lots of confidence and/or momentum heading into week two.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Keys to the game for Buffalo-

OT's - Glenn, Pears and Hairston are going to have to play way over their heads to give the offense any chance at moving the ball.

Stopping the run - all the hype over Buffalo's new D has been about the pass rush, but that becomes moot if you can't bottle up the backs. If the Jets crack 140 yards total, or 4 yards per carry, it's going to be tough to pull out a win. Line needs to play smart, LBers need to come hard.

Scott Chandler/David Nelson - Revis vs Johnson is going to be the hype, but Buffalo's success is going to hinge on both of these guys having a decent day.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by HendersonD06 View Post
                              Good luck to you Buffalo Bill fans here in 2012. This is by far, our strongest Jets defense to date under the Rex Ryan era. Heading into our 4th season with Ryan running show show with 3 consecutive seasons of top 5 defense. Drafted an absolute stud in Quinton Coples; kid led the entire NFL in both sacks (4.5) and Forced Fumbles (2) during the preseason. LaRon Landry is by far, the most talented Safety we've had in quite some time. Landing Bell, a solid Safety in which knows the AFC East opposite of Landry is scary. Our rookie last season in Wilkerson had a stand out rookie season as a 3-4 Defensive End. Has the potential to become the best overall Jets defensive player outside of Darrelle Revis. Speaking of Revis, this secondary is featuring 4 first round draft picks. All real talents in Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson and now LaRon Landry (who had a strong offseason followed by a great preseason). 4 defensive first round draft picks floating around our secondary; If Buffalo can not establish a forceful rushing attack, Fitzpatrick will without question; have his hands full with this Jets defense. This front 7 will become stout against the run here in 2012 as well. No question about it. The strongest front 7 we've ever seen under coach Ryan. Which is scary considering the fact we've ranked top 5 each and every season Ryan's been here. Wilkerson, Ellis, Coples, Pace, Harris, Scott and Maybin can become something special. Especially once Pouha emerges into the picture at 3-4 NT/4-3 DT. Bryan Thomas, a strong edge setter has returned from injury. Has always been stout against the run. We've drafted an extremely talented IMLB in Demario Davis. Even DeVito has developed into a very strong defensive role player; especially against the run.

This defense is loaded to say the least. Our defenses were very good during consecutive AFC Championship Game appearances; but the talent level, ability, potential and pure defensive fire power goes through the roof this season. It's a Rex Ryan led and/or re-vamped defense. If Tebow can add another element of offensive success as a mack-truck rusher? This offense features young talent. We'll now feature a Tony Sparano led Wildcat (Gator) formation with Tim Tebow as the center piece. A true dual threat, which is something we never really had with Brad Smith. Tebow rushing behind an All-World/All-Pro Center in Mangold could become a dream come true for Tebow who's enjoyed great success rushing the football over the past two seasons. Holmes, Keller, Greene, McKnight and Kerley... All of these kids can make plays. Stephen Hill too. Led the entire Nation in average yards per reception. Ranked as the Countries #2 WR prospect in regards to run blocking ability/production. A 6'4 freakish athlete in which runs a 4.3 flat. Jumping/Leaping ability is off the charts. Lets just say this, not even Plaxico Burress jumping ability coming out of college could compare/compete with the numbers set by Hill. Kid is going to become something special. Has dominated Revis at times during training camp, and Revis hates to lose; even during practice reps. Which is why he's the greatest (his overall focus is second to none).

Sanchez has offensive weapons. Young explosive one's too. Say what you say about our quarterback, but lets not forget, that Sanchez has improved upon completions, yardage, completion percentage, TD's, TD to INT ration and QB Rating each of his first 3 seasons since being drafted as a raw rookie QB out of USC.

RB: Shonn Greene.
                              RB: Joe McKnight.
                              WR: Santonio Holmes.
                              WR: Stephen Hill.
                              Slot: Jeremy Kerley.
                              TE: Dustin Keller.
                              Wildcat: Tim Tebow.

Weapons.

Chaz Schilens, Bilal Powell, Jeff Cumberland and Patrick Turner as offensive sleeprs as the season goes on. All 26 years of age and Powell really stood out during the offseason, Enough so, where, our coaching staff has officially listed him as being our #2 RB behind Greene (who rushed for over 1,000 yards last season behind a struggling/banged up offensive line). Because Powell has shown promise, Joe McKnight, who led the NFL in kick returns last season, can now be used all over the offensive side of the ball. Very explosive once breaking off into the open field. Shifty is the word.

With all that said. Enjoy the game fellow Buffalo fans. An AFC East rivalry is on the verge of taking place. A conference game. A division matchup at that. A season opener. It's only week one, but the winner leaves with lots of confidence and/or momentum heading into week two.
                              This is one of the most well written posts I've read in a while, you're a great writer. That being said it's gameday & your team needs time to put it all together & your offense has looked horrible at best. Goodluck to your team this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X