PDA

View Full Version : TJ Graham inactive?

YardRat
09-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Was that just on the radio??

lightningbolt444
09-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Darn was really looking forward to seeing what he could do in a real game.

GingerP
09-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Yeah. Really worry about the ability of this team to make plays downfield in the passing game. The Jets are going to sit on the short stuff and blitz Fitz.

YardRat
09-09-2012, 10:38 AM
http://www.nfl.com/inactives

Brown, Howell, Jackson, Morrison, Young, and Graham.

YardRat
09-09-2012, 10:42 AM
1- T-Jax
2. Colin Brown
3. Sam Young - I think we dress 7 total o-line this week
4. Delano Howell
5. Dorin Dickerson
6. Brad Smith - I think his injury cuts us to 2 QB's
7. Terrence McGee - Don't need that many CB's against the Jets, give him another week to progress.

Well, I called four...kind of surprised at Morrison and obviously Graham, but...

DraftBoy
09-09-2012, 10:45 AM
How about the fact that with Graham inactive and Johnson only being able to do 10 mins of warmups we could realistically be down to only 3, that's THREE WR's for today's game. Say what you want about Spiller, Dickerson, and Chandler splitting up losing Graham's speed and Johnson's dominating ability are impossible to replace with those three.

This is why you keep six WR's as a spread team.

ServoBillieves
09-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Glad Dorin's active, but also surprised with Graham. Morrison not so much.

DraftBoy
09-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Oh and here's your answer on Graham being inactive from Sal Maiorana;
http://twitter.com/salmaiorana/status/244824819571503105

Good morning from the Met. Everyone is so surprised that Graham is inactive and asking why. Simple - Gailey doesn't think he's ready to play

What the **** kind of bull**** reasoning is that? If thats true that's a major fail on Gailey's part. Its his ****ing job to get rookies ready for Week 1.

MikeInRoch
09-09-2012, 10:49 AM
If he is a healthy scratch then they must not be too worried about how many receivers are active. Or maybe he broke curfew.

DraftBoy
09-09-2012, 10:51 AM
If he is a healthy scratch then they must not be too worried about how many receivers are active. Or maybe he broke curfew.

Nope per Sal, he's just not ready.

kingJofNYC
09-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Major fail was taking a guy projected to go in the late rounds in the 3rd. How do you get a guy ready when his ability to run a route and beat press were major question marks to begin with?

YardRat
09-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Oh and here's your answer on Graham being inactive from Sal Maiorana;
http://twitter.com/salmaiorana/status/244824819571503105

What the **** kind of bull**** reasoning is that? If thats true that's a major fail on Gailey's part. Its his ****ing job to get rookies ready for Week 1.

Jesus H Christ. We better hope both Jackson and Spiller crack 150yds each on the ground.

MikeInRoch
09-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Ah yes. Judging a pick before he plays a game. Very smart.

kingJofNYC
09-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Ah yes. Judging a pick before he plays a game. Very smart.

I'm stating facts, haven't labeled him a bust or anything. It's going to take some time with him. Not sure why some expected him to contribute so early when he's a raw player with incredible speed.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Gailey is a bad coach. I don't why you guys are surprised.

lightningbolt444
09-09-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm stating facts, haven't labeled him a bust or anything. It's going to take some time with him. Not sure why some expected him to contribute so early when he's a raw player with incredible speed.

I would be ok with him running one route to stretch the D a bit. He has to have more value than the other WR's past Johnson and Nelson. The others have proved nothing during real games. Should at least give TJ a chance to show what he is like come gametime.

I mean Martin drops more than he catches yet he is ready to play :roflmao:

kingJofNYC
09-09-2012, 11:13 AM
I would be ok with him running one route to stretch the D a bit. He has to have more value than the other WR's past Johnson and Nelson. The others have proved nothing during real games. Should at least give TJ a chance to show what he is like come gametime.

I think they're going to use a lot of two TE sets, Smith to block and Chandler flexed. It worked for them in the last game, but you bring up a fair point. Graham got next to no playing time with the first unit in preseason, I expected this. We're in 4-5 wide constantly and he couldn't get burn with the ones in preseason, I adjusted my expectations at that point.

MikeInRoch
09-09-2012, 11:19 AM

Well, no, what you said was

Major fail was taking a guy projected to go in the late rounds in the 3rd.

That's opinion (the "major fail" part), not fact. And it is a judgement on the player - you are judging that (based on projections of people who don't work for NFL teams) he was not worth of a 3rd round pick. You never said anything about expectations of early contributions in your original post.

It is impossible to tell at this time if he was worth a third round pick.

JoeMama
09-09-2012, 11:23 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/no3-1.gif

T.J. Graham looked so good as a #3!

Buddo
09-09-2012, 11:46 AM
I think it might be a very shrewd move on Gailey's behalf to sit Graham.
Jets corners aren't exactly bad, and it's also quite possible that he genuinely isn't quite ready. Might be a good idea to keep him on the back burner for a few more games tbh.
Not only that, but also consider that we have some seriously dodgy officiating to look forward to today, as well.
There's always a much bigger picture to look at with these sorts of decisions, and it may well be the case that Gailey sees it a lot differently than the reactionary element we have on the board.

WTF is this 'Gailey's job is to get the 3rd round WR ready for game 1 attitude?'. Beats me. We expect instant contributions from every pick these days? History tells us that an awful lot of rookies contribute next to nothing in their first year, yet we must actually go against all of that? Talk about going off at the deep end.

Does the opening of a new season simply boot all reasoning out of the window, or what?

OpIv37
09-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Only 4 active WR's and Brad Smith with Stevie nursing an injury? Wow......

Generalissimus Gibby
The Jets will lose, its predestined. Bills 16-10 in an ugly game dominated by our D. Plus Rex chokes on a sausage sometime today.

YardRat
I remember Billy Joe Hobert being 'not ready' for a game once upon a time, and it got his ass shipped out within a couple of days.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-09-2012, 11:50 AM
I remember Billy Joe Hobert being 'not ready' for a game once upon a time, and it got his ass shipped out within a couple of days.

wasn't it more that he was discovered to not be ready for a game after he already played in it.

YardRat
09-09-2012, 11:52 AM
wasn't it more that he was discovered to not be ready for a game after he already played in it.

Yes.

Pouha and Keller inactive for the Jests.

Oaf
09-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Jets draft a second-day WR, scores TD and key first down.

Bills draft a second-day WR, scratch on gameday.

billsburgh
09-09-2012, 03:35 PM
is it really too much to ask that a 3rd round draft pick at least be good enough to be active on game day?

kingJofNYC
09-09-2012, 03:44 PM
is it really too much to ask that a 3rd round draft pick at least be good enough to be active on game day?

When the first rounders look barely capable....nuff said.

****ing disaster.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2012, 03:53 PM
**** rolls down hill. Should have used Mario's money to overpay for a good coach.

starrymessenger
09-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Sounds a lot like Stephen Hill. Hmmmm...

coastal
09-09-2012, 04:00 PM
whats it matter... Fitz couldnt have hit him unless TJ was ensured of getting drilled immediately upon receiving the ball.

Mr. Pink
09-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Randy Moss a year away from football who doesn't always care what he's doing on the field can be active and catch TDs.

Meanwhile we draft guys in the third round who don't even dress.

Sad, sad, sad.

YardRat
09-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Jets draft a second-day WR, scores TD and key first down.

Bills draft a second-day WR, scratch on gameday.

Would you rather have Hill over Glenn?

I'm as pissed as anybody that Graham didn't dress, not that it would have made much difference anyway, but it's not like we passed Hill up in favor of TJ.