PDA

View Full Version : Week One - Feast for the Fickle Fan

X-Era
09-09-2012, 02:48 PM
If you're a fan who draws conclusions from one game, or from just the most recent games, here's your chance to sound off. We know your out there and you love to jump to conclusions, so have at it. Let's hear your fearless predictions, and musings.

Here's a few from me:

Spiller will be our starting RB by years end even after Jackson comes back. I felt Jackson looked slow in the preseason and he seems to get injured. Spiller is on the rise and plays with great intensity (yes I know he fumbled). Spiller will get plenty of carries and will continue to progress.

I would make a trade for a solid LB and sign a vet CB right away. Barnett is regressing and Shepp is not a starter in the NFL IMO. I have seen enough from Shepp both at LSU and for the Bills. He's late to the ball, washed out of too many plays, or over pursues. And he jumps on way more piles than he starts. Ohh he misses plenty tackles as well.

Bench McKelvin and start McGee or Rogers at his spot. He's just not a solid CB.

I'd begin plans for insurance for Fitz now. I'm not a huge fan of the QB prospects in next years draft but we have to start looking. I'd be looking hard for a viable future QB.

Extend Gailey long term. He's a very good coach (today withstanding) and today wasn't his fault. He will work this team hard in the wake of this game. Wanny may need to be canned though.

I'd bench Pears at RT and keep Hairston as your starter. Hairston has better upside and played well.

Novacane
09-09-2012, 02:53 PM
This is not a 1 game conclusion..........Fitz SUCKS!

Mahdi
09-09-2012, 03:14 PM
I think every Bills fan is fickle. Even with rose-colored glasses on...

coastal
09-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Fickle fan?

This has been going on for 13 years.

Historian
09-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Spiller will be our starting RB by years end even after Jackson comes back. I felt Jackson looked slow in the preseason and he seems to get injured. Spiller is on the rise and plays with great intensity (yes I know he fumbled). Spiller will get plenty of carries and will continue to progress.

Jackson's done. This is Spillers team now.

I would make a trade for a solid LB and sign a vet CB right away. Barnett is regressing and Shepp is not a starter in the NFL IMO. I have seen enough from Shepp both at LSU and for the Bills. He's late to the ball, washed out of too many plays, or over pursues. And he jumps on way more piles than he starts. Ohh he misses plenty tackles as well.

Maybe we can get London Fletcher back.

That's like asking who sucks more: Lawyers or Oil Executives?

I'd begin plans for insurance for Fitz now. I'm not a huge fan of the QB prospects in next years draft but we have to start looking. I'd be looking hard for a viable future QB.

Tavares will be starting after week 4.

Extend Gailey long term. He's a very good coach (today withstanding) and today wasn't his fault. He will work this team hard in the wake of this game. Wanny may need to be canned though.

Gailey sucks. Always has, always will, but offer his a lifetime contract now, because nobody else wants the job. Otherwise the players will have to self-coach.

I'd bench Pears at RT and keep Hairston as your starter. Hairston has better upside and played well.

Who cares?

kingJofNYC
09-09-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm normally optimistic, but how can I continue to stay that way when they've won 1 game in their last 14 games. Yeah, I'm including preseason, they have looked like a lost team for a good while now.

X-Era
09-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Fickle fan?

This has been going on for 13 years.To me , being fickle is all about drawing rash conclusions from one game or the most recent trend. Last year a fickle fan would have predicted playoffs after the 5 and 2 start. It goes both ways. Every year, all of us are guilty of drawing too many conclusions from too small a data set. I do it too. I found myself being fickle throughout this game. I came into the season with worries and I could see those worries becoming real in this game... fickle.

Fitz isn't good enough.
The LB'ers will cost us.
The young secondary will cost us.
The pass rush still won't be there.

I'm admitting to being fickle and then jumping to the preconceived conclusions as I watched the game play out. If you were looking for Shepp to fail, you found that.

Look, nobody's saying it's all totally true, but this is what we all seem to do. I'm starting a thread to feed that need.

X-Era
09-09-2012, 06:14 PM

Jackson's done. This is Spillers team now.

Maybe we can get London Fletcher back.

That's like asking who sucks more: Lawyers or Oil Executives?

Tavares will be starting after week 4.

Gailey sucks. Always has, always will, but offer his a lifetime contract now, because nobody else wants the job. Otherwise the players will have to self-coach.

Who cares?
Nice.

tomz
09-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Not sure I see the linebackers as the main problem. Run stopping was actually pretty good. I would say that the bigger problem was Wannstadt's complete lack of blitzing. They doubled both Mario and Dareus several times, from what I could see. A couple blitzes might have kept them more honest.

Fitz had no rhythm though and was behind or high quite a bit. They needed to run more. Spiller was good for 5 almost every time. The amazing thing was that even if you take away his 2 long runs, he still averaged about 5 per carry!

spacecowboy
09-09-2012, 06:38 PM
It pretty much seemed like a continuation of last year. The only bright spot for me was Spiller.

X-Era
09-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Gailey had the ultimate anti-fickle-fan comment: "Don’t kick dirt on us yet.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/09/09/chan-the-sky-is-not-falling/

- - - Updated - - -

It pretty much seemed like a continuation of last year. The only bright spot for me was Spiller.
Spiller looked really good. Whether Jackson is back or not I want to see him play more.

alohabillsfan
09-09-2012, 07:46 PM
I just saved 200.00 by canx my NFL ticket! The Bills suck again and I'm just tired of watching it. My God, there are better things to do in life than watch a pathetic organization completely embarrass themselves and their fans. Good Luck Losers!

X-Era
09-09-2012, 07:51 PM
I just saved 200.00 by canx my NFL ticket! The Bills suck again and I'm just tired of watching it. My God, there are better things to do in life than watch a pathetic organization completely embarrass themselves and their fans. Good Luck Losers!
Don't let the door hit you in the...