PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Mahdi
10-15-2012, 09:12 AM
well he is up to 14 tackles! He is projected to have 37!

He is suppose to average 2.31 tackles per game to stay in par and he is at 2.8 tackles per game ... and he has 3.5 sacks ( 2 from yesterday ) would have LOVED if it would have been Brady but it appears he is earning his money..

I personally would like to see more .. maybe because coming off those 2 nasty losses where the defense allowed an insane amount of points ...

thought now on how Mario's is playing ..

:popcorn:

I think its too early to say Mario is earning his money. The Cards have probably the worst set of OTs in football and probably for the last 10 years.

Mario needs to show up against Tennessee's OTs who are pretty solid.

Skooby
10-15-2012, 09:14 AM
I think its too early to say Mario is earning his money. The Cards have probably the worst set of OTs in football and probably for the last 10 years.

Mario needs to show up against Tennessee's OTs who are pretty solid.

How do you earn $100 in a few years, unless you're re-writing record books?

Mahdi
10-15-2012, 09:16 AM

Its all relative. He got that money because he was FA, not because he is worth 100 mil. What we need from him is to produce at an all pro level and produce against the top offenses.

Blondie
10-15-2012, 09:19 AM
I thought he was robbed of a sack yesterday - when Kolb threw the ball out on his way down. I thought it should have been ruled a sack...

I saw that! LOL .. however I didn't think he got robbed! :D

Joe Fo Sho
10-15-2012, 09:20 AM
I thought he was robbed of a sack yesterday - when Kolb threw the ball out on his way down. I thought it should have been ruled a sack...

Yeah, plus that one where he had Kolb by the jersey and Kolb was able to run away from him toward the sideline. I wonder if his wrist injury played a role on that play. Either way, he had a good game.

mysticsoto
10-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Yeah, plus that one where he had Kolb by the jersey and Kolb was able to run away from him toward the sideline. I wonder if his wrist injury played a role on that play. Either way, he had a good game.

Well that one I think he let go on purpose b'cse had he pulled him down, it would have been ruled a horse collar and been a huge penalty.

DraftBoy
10-15-2012, 11:11 AM
I thought the 3rd down rush package of Mario and Kyle Moore was consistently effective.

coastal
10-15-2012, 11:40 AM
He played against a fourth round rookie OT who is statistically the worst starter in the league.

that being said... He did what he was supposed to do.

SquishDaFish
10-15-2012, 01:29 PM
He played against a fourth round rookie OT who is statistically the worst starter in the league.

that being said... He did what he was supposed to do.

Some people are never happy. Unreal

Joe Fo Sho
10-15-2012, 01:42 PM

He's happy as a Niners fan, even though they just got raped by the Giants. He also seems to be pretty happy coming to this board and trolling.

better days
10-15-2012, 06:15 PM

Become an actor & make a couple movies. STAR POWER.

coastal
10-15-2012, 06:20 PM
You're happy with Mario and the Bills?

coastal
10-15-2012, 06:23 PM
He's happy as a Niners fan, even though they just got raped by the Giants. He also seems to be pretty happy coming to this board and trolling.
Your moms so stupid she thinks a 'quarterback' is a Walmart refund.

SquishDaFish
10-15-2012, 06:37 PM
You're happy with Mario and the Bills?

Im not worried about Mario at all. Hes the last one Im worried about. Im very happy to be watching the team I root for so yes Im happy. Do I want to see this team get better yes of course.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is one of the dumbest ****ing things you have ever posted on here and thats not saying much

coastal
10-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Im not worried about Mario at all.
Liar.

SquishDaFish
10-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Why am I a liar? Im not worried about Mario go into the other thread I just left you my reasons. Some posters are just plain DUMB *******

coastal
10-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Why am I a liar? Im not worried about Mario go into the other thread I just left you my reasons. Some posters are just plain DUMB *******
You're really weird.

Joe Fo Sho
10-15-2012, 07:28 PM

You need a friend, guy.

SquishDaFish
10-15-2012, 07:39 PM
You're really weird.

LOL Im the weird one. Ok buddy whatever helps you sleep

jlgarsh
10-15-2012, 07:42 PM
The guy missed the last 11 games last year...I wouldn't be surprised to see him get better as the season progresses.

coastal
10-15-2012, 07:47 PM
You need a friend, guy.

LOL Im the weird one. Ok buddy whatever helps you sleep

SquishDaFish
10-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Now your creative. Maybe you should get a life?

Mike
10-16-2012, 01:25 AM
The only fool is Ralph Wilson for giving that dude 50M guaranteed.

Its really not even that bad. ITs more like 2 years 40mil...

Blondie
10-16-2012, 09:34 AM
The guy missed the last 11 games last year...I wouldn't be surprised to see him get better as the season progresses.

and he missed how many games the year before that??

Novacane
10-21-2012, 02:06 PM
He's playing awesome today

streetkings01
10-21-2012, 03:07 PM
He's playing awesome today
If awesome means crappy then he played super awesome today!

Mahdi
10-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Our best pass rusher is Moore. Mario was invisible, Williams flashed as a pass rusher but was abused in run game, Dareus was just abused, Kelsay was Kelsay.

coastal
10-21-2012, 06:39 PM
The butchers bill...

2 tackles, 0 sacks today.

14 tackles, 3.5 sacks on the season.

not leading one of the worst defenses in the history of the franchise.

SquishDaFish
10-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Give it up already ****

coastal
10-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Give it up already ****
Admit I'm da man!

SquishDaFish
10-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Your a puke. Stop the repeating bull****. We all know this team is putrid and pathetic we dont need the same ****ing thread bumped all the time so you can get your attention. Go **** your self you attention seeking whore.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 07:18 PM
The butchers bill...

2 tackles, 0 sacks today.

14 tackles, 3.5 sacks on the season.

not leading one of the worst defenses in the history of the franchise.

So that puts him on pace for 30 tackles and 8 sacks.

People expected around 40 tackles and 10 sacks, well that's what I was thinking at least.

Novacane
10-21-2012, 07:20 PM
You've gotta admit he's been a huge letdown squish

coastal
10-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Your a puke. Stop the repeating bull****. We all know this team is putrid and pathetic we dont need the same ****ing thread bumped all the time so you can get your attention. Go **** your self you attention seeking whore.
Sorry... Not going away. Always going to speak my mind.

not my fault you dont like what I say or how I go about it.

coastal
10-21-2012, 07:22 PM

People expected around 40 tackles and 10 sacks, well that's what I was thinking at least.
And u think that kind of production is worth being the highest paid DE in the league?

SquishDaFish
10-21-2012, 07:24 PM
You've gotta admit he's been a huge letdown squish

Yes hes not getting pressure like I thought he would but I know he will be fine longterm for us. Im more worried about other parts of this FN team right now. And this Fn clown doesnt need to keep bumping the same ****ing thread because all hes doing is looking for ****ing attention like a CLOWN

gebobs
10-21-2012, 07:24 PM

It puts him on pace to be the biggest free agent bust in franchise history.

Novacane
10-21-2012, 07:27 PM
And u think that kind of production is worth being the highest paid DE in the league?

If he was taking up 2 to 3 blockers and allowing others to make plays yes. If he was getting constant pressure to force bad throws and INTs yes. Since neither of those are happening the answer is a resounding no! We could get that kind of production out of a lot of players.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 07:28 PM

Production vs NFL Free Agency has zero correlation.

Look at some of the contracts many players have been given because of it vs what they produced after collecting that paycheck.

- - - Updated - - -

It puts him on pace to be the biggest free agent bust in franchise history.

Dockery and Langston Walker were both much worse.

Novacane
10-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Yes hes not getting pressure like I thought he would but I know he will be fine longterm for us. Im more worried about other parts of this FN team right now. And this Fn clown doesnt need to keep bumping the same ****ing thread because all hes doing is looking for ****ing attention like a CLOWN

I hope so but I'm not optimistic. I don't see how a player can suddenly turn it on and start playing like a star.

gebobs
10-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Dockery and Langston Walker were both much worse.
Fine. Go ahead and split hairs about what is the biggest dumpster fire decision the Bills have made.

Mario sucks. Through 11 games including preseason, he's been invisible for 10 of them. Now get out your slide rule and tell me how many games he's on pace to be an impact in this year.

Blondie
10-22-2012, 11:55 AM

If you think that is ALL he is doing then why do you post in the thread??

Blondie
10-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Yes hes not getting pressure like I thought he would

You should have ended your post right here. it was PERFECT :D

but I know he will be fine longterm for us.

But nothing.. you don't know longterm if he will be "fine" with the BILLS. All you can do is HOPE he will be fine longterm.

coastal
10-22-2012, 07:49 PM
u r a total butt munch and my man servant.

hotness.

coastal
10-23-2012, 06:49 AM
Earning it... WNY style...

coastal
11-11-2012, 03:36 PM
3 tackles.

Single teamed all day long.

non-factor in the game.

DraftBoy
11-11-2012, 03:37 PM
3 tackles.

non-factor in the game.

So you didn't watch the game then.

Novacane
11-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Terrible signing and I was excited about it when it happened. Be careful what you wish for.

SquishDaFish
11-11-2012, 03:40 PM
u r a total butt munch and my man servant.

hotness.

And your a complete ***

- - - Updated - - -

3 tackles.

non-factor in the game.

You obviously didnt watch the game like the *** you are. You homo

coastal
11-11-2012, 03:42 PM
So you didn't watch the game then.
I have NFL Season Ticket.

he played RE most of the day.

Solder handled him easily.

btw... Boomer Esiason called him out in the postgame for not making a play to change the course of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

And your a complete ***

- - - Updated - - -

You obviously didnt watch the game like the *** you are. You homo
Oh... My bad.. They were doubling and chipping him every play.

lolz.

Novacane
11-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Each time I watched him he was single blocked. He's nowhere near what we thought we were getting.

SquishDaFish
11-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Well he def didnt play 1 side of the dline you ass. He was bouncing between the 2 and he had a decent game. Had pressure and some nice tackles. Yea he didnt get a sack but he was there.

coastal
11-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Well he def didnt play 1 side of the dline you ass. He was bouncing between the 2 and he had a decent game. Had pressure and some nice tackles. Yea he didnt get a sack but he was there.
Does your hatred of me blind u that much?

SquishDaFish
11-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Does your stupidity blind you? Stop with YOUR hatred you tard

coastal
11-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Does your stupidity blind you? Stop with YOUR hatred you tard
My hatred serves a public need.

Your's serves no one but u and tweedle dum.

SquishDaFish
11-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Your a crackhead

DraftBoy
11-11-2012, 04:04 PM
I have NFL Season Ticket.

he played RE most of the day.

Solder handled him easily.

btw... Boomer Esiason called him out in the postgame for not making a play to change the course of the game.

He actually was bouncing back and forth quite a bit, and had a number of pressures and there isn't a person in the world who should care what Boomer Esiason says. This is like when Phil Sims said last year that Andrew Luck couldn't make a NFL throw.

coastal
11-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Your a crackhead
you're

- - - Updated - - -

He actually was bouncing back and forth quite a bit, and had a number of pressures and there isn't a person in the world who should care what Boomer Esiason says. This is like when Phil Sims said last year that Andrew Luck couldn't make a NFL throw.
A number of pressures?

really?

SquishDaFish
11-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Crackhead English teacher now huh?!?! ***

DraftBoy
11-11-2012, 04:29 PM
A number of pressures?

really?

No I like to make random **** up, like he's faking a wrist injury that ended up needing surgery. Again did you watch the game?

Mr. Pink
11-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Williams played alright today. Had some pressures. Nice open field tackle.

Nothing great, nothing game changing but nothing to completely bag on him about.

imbondz
11-11-2012, 04:45 PM
a couple of plays where he was manhandled made me cringe

ICRockets
11-11-2012, 05:21 PM
I'd be interested to see what Tom Brady's release time was like today. Often he seemed like he was getting it out of there before any kind of edge rush would have any shot at getting to him under standard circumstances.

coastal
11-11-2012, 06:09 PM
No I like to make random **** up, like he's faking a wrist injury that ended up needing surgery. Again did you watch the game?
Wrist surgery?

:rofl:

SquishDaFish
11-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Wrist surgery?

He did have wrist surgery dip****. Man would I like to see your dumbass play some football. Prob get crushed

DraftBoy
11-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Wrist surgery?

Are you now claiming all the reports of him having wrist surgery were made up?

What no willingness to disagree with the all the other zoner's who agreed he played an average game and not the crap show you claimed?

Your desire to be right and play the troll is blinding your usually very good eye for evaluation.

coastal
11-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Are you now claiming all the reports of him having wrist surgery were made up?

What no willingness to disagree with the all the other zoner's who agreed he played an average game and not the crap show you claimed?

Your desire to be right and play the troll is blinding your usually very good eye for evaluation.
Find me one report that explains what was done.

DraftBoy
11-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Find me one report that explains what was done.

Excuse me?

SquishDaFish
11-11-2012, 06:29 PM
DB dont bother. This troll clown hates him soo much he cant see **** str8 and had openly admitted to turning into a Niners fan but still sticks around here like a ****ing clown that he is

coastal
11-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Excuse me?
Broken scaphoid?

Ruptured extensor carpi ulnaris?

limp wrist?

DraftBoy
11-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Broken scaphoid?

limp wrist?

Ah now I see the angle your playing. You're playing off the reports of Mario saying he didnt know the lingo, etc. Sorry a lack of specific detail of what ligament was repaired does not mean it never occurred.

coastal
11-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Ah now I see the angle your playing. You're playing off the reports of Mario saying he didnt know the lingo, etc. Sorry a lack of specific detail of what ligament was repaired does not mean it never occurred.
Curious the Bills got fined $20,000 for not reporting an injury you have all the faith that he indeed has.

DraftBoy
11-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Curious the Bills got fined $20,000 for not reporting an injury you have all the faith that he indeed has.

I do.

Mr. Pink
11-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Broken scaphoid?

limp wrist?

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20869703/bills-mario-williams-had-slight-tear-in-left-wrist

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mario-williams-had-tear-wrist-183300026--nfl.html

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/07/mario-williams-said-he-had-a-slight-tear-in-his-wrist/

He had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his wrist. Jesus H. Christ.

coastal
11-11-2012, 06:41 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20869703/bills-mario-williams-had-slight-tear-in-left-wrist

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mario-williams-had-tear-wrist-183300026--nfl.html

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/07/mario-williams-said-he-had-a-slight-tear-in-his-wrist/

He had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his wrist. Jesus H. Christ.
Slight tear?

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Mr. Pink
11-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Slight tear?

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Tear a ligament anywhere in your body and see how effectively you can manage your days.

Have you never injured anything in your life?

coastal
11-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Tear a ligament anywhere in your body and see how effectively you can manage your days.

Have you never injured anything in your life?
I had a modified Bankart lesion repaired by Dr. Bernhard Rohrbacher when I was 19 after playing hockey for 2 years with recurrent subluxations and dislocations of my shoulder.

when my shoulder came out I'd go back to the bench and let my shoulder go back in.

then went out for my next shift.

it wasn't until I got to college that they made me get surgery to repair it before I could get back on the ice.

SquishDaFish
11-11-2012, 06:56 PM
This guy has never played sports in his life dont listen to him

coastal
11-11-2012, 07:00 PM
This guy has never played sports in his life dont listen to him
Ever hear of Bill Miller?

SquishDaFish
11-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Ever hear of Bill Miller?

Try playing football one time in your life with a wrist injury. See how well you do. I dont think so

coastal
11-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Try playing football one time in your life with a wrist injury. See how well you do. I dont think so
Is that a "no"?

ive played hockey with two Cup champions... won the NYS Championships one year and finished 3rd in the nation.

also was in the Empire state games for crew.

the only time an injury affected my performance during competition was a hip pointer.

SquishDaFish
11-11-2012, 07:16 PM
You havent done ****. Never heard of that bum thats for sure

coastal
11-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Never heard of that bum thats for sure
Bill Miller ran a summer power skating clinic in Orchard Park among other things.

Players like his son Aaron Miller and Todd Marchant learned the game from him.

i could only strive to be that kind of bum.

Bottomline... im not a liar and never have been.

still doesn't change the fact the Mario is on pace for 40 tackles and 8 sacks... As long as he gets to play against another ****ty OT or two.

Fool's Gold.

mysticsoto
11-16-2012, 07:17 AM
still doesn't change the fact the Mario is on pace for 40 tackles and 8 sacks... As long as he gets to play against another ****ty OT or two.

Fool's Gold.

Sticking with those numbers for Mario?

Mahdi
11-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Mario had a solid game. Not flashy but he had a big impact in the run game and pushed the pocket in the pass game. Moore is still our best pure pass rusher but Mario is starting to be a major factor for us.

coastal
11-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Mario wasn't the key last night.

Kyle Williams and Dareus put on a show.

Also, considering Mario went against another rookie OT whose biggest weakness is strength at the point, his performance was entirely unimpressive.

The bulk of Mario's production has been against two rookie OTs and a 2nd year 7th round pick.

I see a soft football player that can be so much more than what he is.

like I've been saying all along...

Fool's Gold

justasportsfan
11-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Up to this point, Mario still isn't any better than Shobel .

DraftBoy
11-16-2012, 09:46 AM

Also, considering Mario went against another rookie OT whose biggest weakness is strength at the point, his performance was entirely unimpressive.

The bulk of Mario's production has been against two rookie OTs and a 2nd year 7th round pick.

Fool's Gold

Oh for the love of Christ you're either being intentionally obtuse or just don't understand football in the least bit, which I know you do. This act is ridiculous.

delectrolux
11-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Okay, so last night, Mario Williams tied last season's total sack leader (Dareus with 5.5). With six games to go. With cap space and money to spend, why worry about the amount of money the Bills are paying him? He is currently leading the team, followed closely by Kyle Williams, who is .5 a sack away from his career high, with six game to go. You don't think Mario's presence has anything to do with Kyle's career year? What about Moore's sudden emergence as a pass rushing threat? He's got 2 sacks in 6 games – that's 2 more than he had in all 19 of his previous games combined.

In Mario's last full season, he got 8.5 sacks. You don't think Nix understood what he was getting? Fool's gold implies that the team thought they were getting something better than he is. I maintain they knew exactly what they were getting. They totally overpaid – but as has been stated repeatedly, Nix is working against the decade of losing, he's working against the negative perception of the Bills and Buffalo as a city, and he's working against a perception that Ralph is cheap. Overpaying is what you do to set a new standard.

Up to this point, Mario still isn't any better than Shobel.

Well duh, Schobel was really good for a long time. At this point in his career Schobel (2005-06, when he was 28-29, Mario is 27) had 12 and 14 sack seasons. If he was a free agent after his seventh year, Schobel would have gotten a huge payday too.

Mario is a good DE. He's having an average season, but he's still got more sacks than everyone else on the team. So who cares how much they paid him? I know, I know, they could have gotten a DE with 6 sacks and a better LB or CB with the same money – okay who?

33 year old Andre Carter with his 4 games played and 1 sack?
Rookie Jared Crick with 0 sacks
No free agent DE signed this past year has more sacks than Mario. Wimbley with the Titans is next closest with 3.5

So if they signed some scrub who would have maybe 2 sacks this year, you'd be complaining that it was a typical One Bills Drive move and they should have gone after somebody like Williams who would be leading the team in sacks right now.

cookie G
11-16-2012, 09:59 AM

Fool's Gold

He played well last night, and it showed what the defense can look like when he decides to play.

The problem is this business of showing up every 3rd or 4th game, with a litany of excuses.

I watched the NE game again when it was on replay and watched him.

I would have benched him at one point or another, he just looked disinterested, and they were doing everything they could have to get him involved. They had him on the left, they moved him to the right, they moved him inside, they stood him up...and he did nothing. Had he played like that last night, he would have been sitting for a few games.

I don't know what was done to get him to play for this game, but it needs to continue. I know, I know, he/they should be self motivating...but if they aren't, you have to go to plan B, whatever that is/was.

DraftBoy
11-16-2012, 10:38 AM
He played well last night, and it showed what the defense can look like when he decides to play.

The problem is this business of showing up every 3rd or 4th game, with a litany of excuses.

I watched the NE game again when it was on replay and watched him.

I would have benched him at one point or another, he just looked disinterested, and they were doing everything they could have to get him involved. They had him on the left, they moved him to the right, they moved him inside, they stood him up...and he did nothing. Had he played like that last night, he would have been sitting for a few games.

I don't know what was done to get him to play for this game, but it needs to continue. I know, I know, he/they should be self motivating...but if they aren't, you have to go to plan B, whatever that is/was.

These are not HS players, the idea that benching is going to work as a motivational tool is a bit ridiculous. Ive never been an advocate of trying to humiliate a player in order to get his attention. The Phins did that last week and got laughed at for it. These are adults with traditionally massive egos, if you think treating them like children is going to work you're going to see an adverse reaction both on and off the field.

coastal
11-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Oh for the love of Christ you're either being intentionally obtuse or just don't understand football in the least bit, which I know you do. This act is ridiculous.
He played against Johnathan Martin last night.

Mario should have ***** slapped him all over the field.

he played solid, but in reality he should have dominated.

mysticsoto
11-16-2012, 11:38 AM

I saw him hold his hand on one play. His wrist is clearly not healed yet. Despite that, you have to admit that he's better than what we had before...

DraftBoy
11-16-2012, 12:05 PM

Im well aware of who he went up against, you're now changing your eval. Gone from unimpressive to solid now.

You're setting a bar so high that he will never attain it no matter what he does.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw him hold his hand on one play. His wrist is clearly not healed yet. Despite that, you have to admit that he's better than what we had before...

This is the best part, Coastal doesn't believe he actually had surgery.

cookie G
11-16-2012, 12:10 PM
These are not HS players, the idea that benching is going to work as a motivational tool is a bit ridiculous. Ive never been an advocate of trying to humiliate a player in order to get his attention. The Phins did that last week and got laughed at for it. These are adults with traditionally massive egos, if you think treating them like children is going to work you're going to see an adverse reaction both on and off the field.

Bull.

-I would have benched him because he's an ineffective player on the worst defense in the league;
-If I'm worried about upsetting someone who is under performing on the worst defense in the league, I'll risk the insurrection;
-two of his teammates, Kelsay and Kyle Williams called out several members of the D for playing undisciplined and without effort. I can almost guarantee he was on the unnamed list;
-Ask Bill Parcells about whether he worries about hurting someone's feelings. You'll probably get a quote in return that'll make a Coors Light commercial in the future.

"The only players I hurt with my words are the ones who have an inflated opinion of their ability. I can't worry about that."

Bill Parcells

DraftBoy
11-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Bull.

-I would have benched him because he's an ineffective player on the worst defense in the league;
-If I'm worried about upsetting someone who is under performing on the worst defense in the league, I'll risk the insurrection;
-two of his teammates, Kelsay and Kyle Williams called out several members of the D for playing undisciplined and without effort. I can almost guarantee he was on the unnamed list;
-Ask Bill Parcells about whether he worries about hurting someone's feelings. You'll probably get a quote in return that'll make a Coors Light commercial in the future.

"The only players I hurt with my words are the ones who have an inflated opinion of their ability. I can't worry about that."

Bill Parcells

You going to be bench the rest of them too?

But they didn't name players, did they? There is a very large difference between what you suggest doing singling out a player and Williams and Kelsay calling out unnamed players. Whether that was intended for him or not, which I agree his name was probably on.

Ill be happy to, my first question will be what the hell happened with the Jets, Dolphins, and Cowboys. This isn't the mid 1990's anymore, his style is not the norm nor do players react well to it. So if he's the model you want to follow we can expect continued mediocrity because that's what he's been getting for the last 10+ years.

justasportsfan
11-16-2012, 12:43 PM
O

Well duh, Schobel was really good for a long time. At this point in his career Schobel (2005-06, when he was 28-29, Mario is 27) had 12 and 14 sack seasons. If he was a free agent after his seventh year, Schobel would have gotten a huge payday too.

Mario is a good DE. He's having an average season, but he's still got more sacks than everyone else on the team. So who cares how much they paid him? I know, I know, they could have gotten a DE with 6 sacks and a better LB or CB with the same money – okay who?

33 year old Andre Carter with his 4 games played and 1 sack?
Rookie Jared Crick with 0 sacks
No free agent DE signed this past year has more sacks than Mario. Wimbley with the Titans is next closest with 3.5

So if they signed some scrub who would have maybe 2 sacks this year, you'd be complaining that it was a typical One Bills Drive move and they should have gone after somebody like Williams who would be leading the team in sacks right now.

you're paying a guy $100M. He is expected to at least be better than Shobel. Excuse me if I'm expecting that. After all the FO and players themselves built all this hype about Mario. Just voicing out my disappointment so far.

Let me remind you I stated "up to this point" . That doesn't mean he won't get there.

cookie G
11-16-2012, 12:58 PM
You going to be bench the rest of them too?

There would have been a number of them. Aaron Williams would have been, before he got hurt. Dareus might have been another, but those are different circumstances. I thought he showed more effort against the Texans and Patriots anyways. There may have been others.

But they didn't name players, did they? There is a very large difference between what you suggest doing singling out a player and Williams and Kelsay calling out unnamed players. Whether that was intended for him or not, which I agree his name was probably on.

It isn't a matter of singling him out, as I said, there probably would have been others for different reasons. It is about making changes in an attempt to improve the worst defense in the league.

Ill be happy to, my first question will be what the hell happened with the Jets, Dolphins, and Cowboys. This isn't the mid 1990's anymore, his style is not the norm nor do players react well to it. So if he's the model you want to follow we can expect continued mediocrity because that's what he's been getting for the last 10+ years.

Of course it doesn't. Only coach in NFL history to take 4 different teams to teh playoffs.

Tom Coughlin should have been fired years ago.

If not for those 2 SB wins in the last 5 years, he probably would have been. Hell, there was talk about firing him last year. The old "he's out of touch with today's players" routine came up again as late as last November.

It isn't even necessarily about being a hard ass. Some try, and look stupid doing it. Gregg Williams when he started with the Bills, for instance. Todd Haley comes off as annoying. Everyone has their own way. I myself, responded better to letting me know what I was doing wrong, rather than screaming at me about it. But that was mostly because the screamers I had didn't know what they were doing.

Unless it was an effort thing, then the screaming was warranted. But that's just me.

But it is about getting your players to perform, your unit to perform, especially when they are performing well below their talent level. If that means changes must be made, so be it.

DraftBoy
11-16-2012, 02:12 PM
There would have been a number of them. Aaron Williams would have been, before he got hurt. Dareus might have been another, but those are different circumstances. I thought he showed more effort against the Texans and Patriots anyways. There may have been others.

Awesome so we get more Justin Rogers, and whatever other craptastic backup we have at DT in all because we have no patience and want to try and embarass a player.

It isn't a matter of singling him out, as I said, there probably would have been others for different reasons. It is about making changes in an attempt to improve the worst defense in the league.

Maybe you're intent isn't embarassment but you know how this plays.

Of course it doesn't. Only coach in NFL history to take 4 different teams to teh playoffs.

Tom Coughlin should have been fired years ago.

If not for those 2 SB wins in the last 5 years, he probably would have been. Hell, there was talk about firing him last year. The old "he's out of touch with today's players" routine came up again as late as last November.

Tell me the last star player Coughlin benched for poor play (Osi?). He may be an old grumpy man, but he's not one to just bench a struggling player.

It isn't even necessarily about being a hard ass. Some try, and look stupid doing it. Gregg Williams when he started with the Bills, for instance. Todd Haley comes off as annoying. Everyone has their own way. I myself, responded better to letting me know what I was doing wrong, rather than screaming at me about it. But that was mostly because the screamers I had didn't know what they were doing.

But it is about getting your players to perform, your unit to perform, especially when they are performing well below their talent level. If that means changes must be made, so be it.

Well we agree Haley is an asshate and Williams is an idiot, the rest we don't agree about. There is so much wrong with this team schematically that I'd rather us try and fix before we decide its all the players fault as is par for the course.

coastal
11-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Bull.-I would have benched him because he's an ineffective player on the worst defense in the league;-If I'm worried about upsetting someone who is under performing on the worst defense in the league, I'll risk the insurrection;-two of his teammates, Kelsay and Kyle Williams called out several members of the D for playing undisciplined and without effort. I can almost guarantee he was on the unnamed list;-Ask Bill Parcells about whether he worries about hurting someone's feelings. You'll probably get a quote in return that'll make a Coors Light commercial in the future."The only players I hurt with my words are the ones who have an inflated opinion of their ability. I can't worry about that."Bill Parcells

cookie G
11-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Awesome so we get more Justin Rogers, and whatever other craptastic backup we have at DT in all because we have no patience and want to try and embarass a player.

Because giving up 31 points a game is something to hold on to.

Maybe you're intent isn't embarassment but you know how this plays.

Whatever.

Tell me the last star player Coughlin benched for poor play (Osi?). He may be an old grumpy man, but he's not one to just bench a struggling player.

He benched his 1st round pick in Game 1 for fumbling on his 2nd career carry.

David Wilson should be getting out of Menningers any time now. All that emotional trauma, you know.

Well we agree Haley is an asshate and Williams is an idiot, the rest we don't agree about.

There is so much wrong with this team schematically that I'd rather us try and fix before we decide its all the players fault as is par for the course.

I hate to tell you this, but for a DE, it is about as easy as a scheme as you can get, especially one with the skill set he has.

-Line up on the outside
-get in backfield
-pressure QB
-watch contain, protect against cutback.
-beat guy in front of you, the guy you have the edge on.

That's it.

That is what he was brought in to do. That's why he is getting $100 million.

He isn't being lined up head on an OT, asked to take on multiple blockers, asked to hold ground, etc., etc.

But the "athletic freak" hasn't been getting around much slower RT's. At times, it could be the wrist thing...maybe, but I'm still waiting for him to beat a tackle cleanly once in a while, i.e., out quick him. But it is because he hasn't been doing his job that they've been moving him around lately. And even that didn't work.

But his wrist didn't miraculously heal between the Pats game and the Miami game.

He was playing better because he was actually getting off the ball, he was actually running, instead of jogging. In other words, he was actually hustling, instead of phoning it in.

But I'm sorry, all this talk is hurting his feelings.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-16-2012, 04:59 PM
While Mario had a solid game, for 100 mil he needs to do that against elite tackles in the game.

jlgarsh
11-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Let's give him a season before running him out of town...He seems to be getting healthier, and is definitely opening things up for Dareus and Williams in the middle.

delectrolux
12-02-2012, 10:59 PM
9.5 sacks... With 4 games to go.

jlgarsh
12-02-2012, 11:40 PM
He looks pretty good since the surgery, and it definitely getting more pressure. His forced fumble/recovery today really helped get the Bills some momentum.

Mike
12-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Ive said it all along... Mario is an above average DE slightly better than Schobel that plays on a PB level every other year or so. He is not nearly as bad as made out to be in begining of season or as good as made out to be when signed. In the end, most of you will like the move.

SquishDaFish
12-03-2012, 04:32 AM
Coastal will never admit he was jumping the gun and also that he was wrong

Night Train
12-03-2012, 04:33 AM
He wasn't doing much of anything early on but the last several weeks he's been playing very good football. A definite plus, going forward.

coastal
12-03-2012, 06:04 AM
He made one play... an awesome play to be sure...

but that was it. Invisible rest of game... Single teamed throughout.

alex Carrington was the player to watch today.

and mind u... This is Jville.... Not NE... Not against Tom Brady... Or Big Ben.

you idiots will never learn.

Night Train
12-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Oh, the irony.

coastal
12-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Oh, the irony.
Mario is the Vinny Lecavalier of the NFL.

Mahdi
12-03-2012, 07:00 AM

Mario made only one play that stood out yesterday but he collapsed the pocket several times and hurried Henne several times. He was very good.

coastal
12-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Puhlease.

DraftBoy
12-03-2012, 07:23 AM
This thread gets better and better.

streetkings01
12-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Puhlease.You do know this thread is turning into a joke right? It's getting comical

Buckets
12-03-2012, 07:53 AM
One a game 16 for the season, I'll take it!!

Joe Fo Sho
12-03-2012, 08:01 AM
You do know this thread is turning into a joke right? It's getting comical

You mean this thread wasn't a joke from the beginning? Could've fooled me.

SquishDaFish
12-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Dude your an idiot. Just admit you were wrong (yes we all know he was overpaid.. but that was only way we were getting him)... He wasnt great early but since the surgery hes been great. Its not all about sacks. hes been getting pressure... tackling the rb behind the line and so forth. your either blind or just dumb.

Raptor
12-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Puhlease.

Hows your boy Mincy doing for Jacksonville?

You know the guy you swore up and down would be better than Mario and is a stud player? Hows he working out for Jacksonville?

The Jokeman
12-03-2012, 02:33 PM
9.5 sacks... With 4 games to go.

Which is 4th in the NFL. Not too shabby if ask me.

Joe Fo Sho
12-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Which is 4th in the NFL. Not too shabby if ask me.

Tied for 8th, let's not get too carried away...but yes, I'm pleased with his performance since the surgery. I'm not ecstatic about it, but I'm happy with it.

He's 3rd in sacks among Defensive Ends, depending on your definition of DEs these days.

stuckincincy
12-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Tied for 8th, let's not get too carried away...but yes, I'm pleased with his performance since the surgery. I'm not ecstatic about it, but I'm happy with it.

He's 3rd in sacks among Defensive Ends, depending on your definition of DEs these days.

I wonder what's his dollar-per-sack figure?

And what players they might have acquired, if not being saddled with his huge slice of the salary pie. :headscrat:

Joe Fo Sho
12-03-2012, 03:23 PM

And what players they might have acquired, if not being saddled with his huge slice of the salary pie. :headscrat:

Gooooood question, Aguado.

Who knows who they could've signed, but the fact that there's going to be a salary cap floor soon (next year) that's way higher than it used to be probably meant that we had to spend the money on someone. Mario was probably the best option for selling tickets.

mysticsoto
12-03-2012, 09:18 PM

It's so short sighted for people to think that a good DE should be solely judged on his sack stats...

coastal
12-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Find me one Texans fan that laments the loss of Fool's Gold.

I win.

jimmifli
12-03-2012, 11:26 PM

He had a tipped pass on a third down. A tackle for a four yard loss. He was responsible for getting the Bills D off the field on 4 drives.

Not great competition, but he was an impact player.

imbondz
12-04-2012, 10:10 AM
How many sacks since surgery, and where does he rank statwise in sacks since surgery?

Joe Fo Sho
12-04-2012, 10:22 AM
How many sacks since surgery, and where does he rank statwise in sacks since surgery?

He's got 6 sacks in 5 games since surgery, which is roughly 2/3rds of his total.

In that span...

Aldon Smith - 12 sacks (jesus..)
JJ Watt - 6 sacks
Von Miller - 9 sacks
Cameron Wake - 3 sacks
John Abraham - 3 sacks
Demarcus Ware - 2.5 sacks
Justin Houston - 4 sacks
Geno Atkins - 2.5 sacks
Clay Matthews - 2 sacks

Those are the top 10 sack leaders so far this year.

cookie G
12-04-2012, 03:23 PM
He had a tipped pass on a third down. A tackle for a four yard loss. He was responsible for getting the Bills D off the field on 4 drives.

Not great competition, but he was an impact player.

Yeah, well, his competition the last 3 weeks has been

Jonathan Martin- a rookie whose draft stock fell when people started watching him;
Winston Justice - the bust from Philly;
Some 2nd year UFDA from Jax;

I'll be impressed when he puts pressure on Brady. (14 scores, including 10 TD's in their last 19 drives against us, damn...).

It isn't even about the $100 million contract with me...its the "oh look at him, he's an athletic freak!!" routine.

The 6'6" 300 lb freak with the agility of a LB, yada, yada, yada.

But apparently his Justice League, Superpower Ring only has enough athletic freak powers for 3 plays a game.

He could be so much more if he wanted to.

Anyways, here's what Talley had to say about him yesterday:

Talley on the Bills' defensive line:

"I thought they would be carried by their front, and they have not been. They paid a whole lot of money for two guys to rush the passer. The guys on the inside, they're holding their own. They're doing everything they can do.

"I asked Bruce [Smith] early in the season. I've said, 'Dude, what do you think me and you would be doing right about now if we were in this boat?' He said, 'We'd be fighting.' "

Asked to elaborate, Talley explained he was unsatisfied with how Mario Williams handled his wrist injury:

"I don't think he's lived up to the hype. Don't tell me about being hurt and playing. I hope his wrist doesn't hurt like mine when he's done. But I just don't get it, man. At the end of the day, you're graded on what you do. If you're good enough to put a uniform on and step on the field, then you're fit to play. So you need to play at your level, whatever that may be.

"I had three surgeries in one offseason and one six days before the season started and still made the Pro Bowl. I played every year through injuries and had surgeries after the offseason.

"There ain't no such thing as being injured. You can be hurt; we all hurt. But you're not injured. We all got to play through it, and your performance can't slack off. I really don't think they hold each other accountable because, at the end of the day, they all go home to their nice, cushy house. What about what you're supposed to be doing on Sunday and Thursday and Monday? What do you think about, and it is just a passing thought?"

On the other hand, he likes Kyle Moore's effort.

"He's played his ass off. I don't think anybody's expected him to play as well as he's played. He's played very, very well. Here's a tweener, a linebacker who's a lot like Cornelius [Bennett] and I were -- between a defensive end and a linebacker. He can rush the passer. He's had, in my opinion, one of the best seasons of anybody on that front."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/12/nfl-sunday-outtakes-darryl-talley-gives-his-take-on-2012-bills.html

coastal
12-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Lol.

what cookie G and Talley said.

Mouldsie
12-04-2012, 05:27 PM
He's got 6 sacks in 5 games since surgery, which is roughly 2/3rds of his total.

In that span...

Aldon Smith - 12 sacks (jesus..)
JJ Watt - 6 sacks
Von Miller - 9 sacks
Cameron Wake - 3 sacks
John Abraham - 3 sacks
Demarcus Ware - 2.5 sacks
Justin Houston - 4 sacks
Geno Atkins - 2.5 sacks
Clay Matthews - 2 sacks

Those are the top 10 sack leaders so far this year.

Hmm so tied for 3rd

cookie G
12-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Lol.

what cookie G and Talley said.

I don't know why Talley isn't in coaching.

I have a feeling Bruce would have been another Mario Williams if he didn't have Talley around. Talley was the one to kick him in the butt when he needed it.

If nothing else, I'd love for him to take Mario and Kyle Williams in a room and have a chat with them...

"Here's the deal... you have the tools to be elite...not to be paid elite, or fantasy-sack-stat-elite, but actually BE elite...HOF elite. But what you need is someone to kick you in the ass at times. That's where this guy comes in...he's going to be the role I played with Bruce....he'll tell you where to be, he'll tell you when you're slacking off...and you'll need to listen to him".

Something like that.

coastal
12-04-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't know why Talley isn't in coaching.

I have a feeling Bruce would have been another Mario Williams if he didn't have Talley around. Talley was the one to kick him in the butt when he needed it.

If nothing else, I'd love for him to take Mario and Kyle Williams in a room and have a chat with them...

"Here's the deal... you have the tools to be elite...not to be paid elite, or fantasy-sack-stat-elite, but actually BE elite...HOF elite. But what you need is someone to kick you in the ass at times. That's where this guy comes in...he's going to be the role I played with Bruce....he'll tell you where to be, he'll tell you when you're slacking off...and you'll need to listen to him".

Something like that.Talley was my favorite Bill... My nickname for him was "meat and potatoes" when he was playing.

cookie G
12-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Talley was my favorite Bill... My nickname for him was "meat and potatoes" when he was playing.

Put him on the coaching staff, he'd still be my favorite Bill.

Don't Panic
12-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Talley was my favorite Bill... My nickname for him was "meat and potatoes" when he was playing.

Funny... that's me lady's name for my babymaker.

The Jokeman
12-04-2012, 09:58 PM

You're right I was looking at stats by position and Mario ranked higher among DEs but yes the definition is blurred these days. In terms of ecstatic I can't say I'm ready to give Mario a bust in Canton on his play this year but now that he appears healthy the defense on the whole is playing a whole lot better.

Raptor
12-05-2012, 03:33 PM
So Talley is a Doctor now? lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Put him on the coaching staff, he'd still be my favorite Bill.

We already have enough coaches who have no idea what they are doing

cookie G
12-05-2012, 04:55 PM
So Talley is a Doctor now? lmao

- - - Updated - - -

No, he just pretty much knows when a guy has been going through the motions.

We already have enough coaches who have no idea what they are doing

HAMMER
12-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Find me one Texans fan that laments the loss of Fool's Gold.

I win.

Watt made Mario expendable, if he wasn't there there would be plenty of lamenting.

DraftBoy
12-06-2012, 11:27 AM
He does? So he's not a doctor but a mind reader? He's free to state an opinion, but that's all it is. Talley isn't out there at practice, or in the locker room, or even on the field for games. His guesses are more educated sure, but that doesn't mean they are 100% right either.

As for Talley coaching, no thanks. Same goes for Thurman, Kelly, Reed, and Smerlas. Great ambassadors but no interest in them as coaches.

DraftBoy
12-09-2012, 12:43 PM
1 sack, 2 pressures, and a forced fumble midway through the 2nd Quarter.

Fixxxer
12-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Gold of the fools

SquishDaFish
12-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Gold Fools Poster of the year

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Breaking news from the Dow.

Price of fools gold skyrockets amid rumors that Mario Williams is now the real deal (finally).

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Whoops, looks like MW guilty of a dumb penalty to negate Gilmore's TD return.

SquishDaFish
12-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Nope it wasnt Mario is was Moore

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Nope it wasnt Mario is was Moore

Thanks. I'm on a delayed feed watching the game. The commentators initially speculated that MW was the culprit.

Fixxxer
12-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Whoops, looks like MW guilty of a dumb penalty to negate Gilmore's TD return.

That was Moore and the OL's hobby is soccer

kishoph
12-09-2012, 01:21 PM
That was Moore and the OL's hobby is soccer

Terrible call to take away 7.

cookie G
12-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Gold Fools Poster of the year

Wow. He beat Barry Richardson, or was it Wayne Hunter on a play that Carrington moved the QB from the pocket. Find a DE in the league that HASN'T beaten Barry Richardson at least once a game.

I'll start carving his Canton bust.

When you guys keep bumping this thread, you're giving Coastal's original point validity.

Collecting stats against weak competition IS fool's gold.

DraftBoy
12-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Wow. He beat Barry Richardson, or was it Wayne Hunter on a play that Carrington moved the QB from the pocket. Find a DE in the league that HASN'T beaten Barry Richardson at least once a game.

I'll start carving his Canton bust.

When you guys keep bumping this thread, you're giving Coastal's original point validity.

Collecting stats against weak competition IS fool's gold.

And this post illustrates the flaw in the original post.

SquishDaFish
12-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Longtime good poster like Cookie losing his mind. They guys he beat are IN the NFL right? God damn guys hes playing against NFL players not the UFL or USFL or Arena get over yourselves

cookie G
12-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Longtime good poster like Cookie losing his mind. They guys he beat are IN the NFL right? God damn guys hes playing against NFL players not the UFL or USFL or Arena get over yourselves

Fantasy football has ruined people's ability to understand the game.

I'll get over it when he shows up against a team like NE.

- - - Updated - - -

And this post illustrates the flaw in the original post.

Not if you look up the definition of Fool's Gold.

coastal
12-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Mario with another $100 million dollar performance!

impact.

SquishDaFish
12-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Yes he did look good today Coastal you are right

gebobs
12-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Yes he did look good today Coastal you are right
He did? Looked like he did another disappearing act in the 2nd half.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Played an outstanding first half, forced the Rams to chip on him and give help.

Second half came and he was a non-factor being straight up single blocked play after play.

gebobs
12-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Played an outstanding first half, forced the Rams to chip on him and give help.

Second half came and he was a non-factor being straight up single blocked play after play.
He and his dumbass coach need to be told that games are 60 minutes long.

coastal
12-26-2012, 08:46 AM
2 tackles against the Phins...

helping team to 2nd worst team in NFL in total points allowed and worst in league in run defense.

Fools Gold.

SquishDaFish
12-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Your wrong thats all theres to it. now get over it

coastal
12-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Your wrong thats all theres to it. now get over it
I'm wrong?

$100 million for a guy to rank 12th overall in sacks?

$100 million for guy to contribute to the leagues worst run defense?

$100 million for a guy to contribute to the leagues 2nd worst defense in total points allowed?

$100 million for a defensive linemen who ended up getting single teamed on the preponderance of defensive plays?

$100 million for someone to come here and prove that he was right in the first place... that he's not a leader?

Mario was brought here to ensure the season ticket base lapped it up... just like they do every year... just like a horde of fools would!

wrong?

anything but.

SquishDaFish
12-26-2012, 10:59 AM
money doesnt matter when are you going to underatand that?? No fa was going to come here unless we oveepaid. And you cant lay ghe whole defensive rankings on his lap just to make you think your point is valid. get over it

coastal
12-26-2012, 11:06 AM
money doesnt matter when are you going to underatand that?? No fa was going to come here unless we oveepaid. And you cant lay ghe whole defensive rankings on his lap just to make you think your point is valid. get over it
Money doesn't matter?

tell that to the board if we lose either Byrd or Levitre.

and I put up individual measures and team measures.

Bottomline, he needs some hardcore defensive leaders around him or coaching him for us to have any hope of ever getting an acceptable ROI here.

pmoon6
12-26-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm going to make an exception to my new rule about not buying any merchandise. I'm sending Coastal a Mario Williams Jersey and a can of red paint. He draw a circle with a line through it over the 94.

I think the interesting thing in all this is we are middle of the road in team sacks when last year we were at the bottom. The Vaunted San Francisco defense has one more sack. We get a decent D coordinator and a top LB in the draft and we could improve even more next year.

Joe Fo Sho
12-26-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm going to make an exception to my new rule about not buying any merchandise. I'm sending Coastal a Mario Williams Jersey and a can of red paint. He draw a circle with a line through it over the 94.

I think the interesting thing in all this is we are middle of the road in team sacks when last year we were at the bottom. The Vaunted San Francisco defense has one more sack. We get a decent D coordinator and a top LB in the draft and we could improve even more next year.

I'll chip in for that.

Raptor
12-26-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm wrong?

$100 million for a guy to rank 12th overall in sacks?

$100 million for guy to contribute to the leagues worst run defense?

$100 million for a guy to contribute to the leagues 2nd worst defense in total points allowed?

$100 million for a defensive linemen who ended up getting single teamed on the preponderance of defensive plays?

$100 million for someone to come here and prove that he was right in the first place... that he's not a leader?

Mario was brought here to ensure the season ticket base lapped it up... just like they do every year... just like a horde of fools would!

wrong?

anything but.

Jeremy Mincy=You having ZERO cred

coastal
12-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Jeremy Mincy=You having ZERO credBuilding a team isn't as simple as plugging in players with better Madden scores.

Players are people and when building an organization, the leadership must be mindful about who they choose and how they put the pieces together.

but run your weak ass Mincey smack and keep rooting for the studness that is Mario "Fools Gold" Williams!

Mr. Pink
12-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Why did you say that signing Anderson was a good signing and Mario wasn't?

Because I'm smart.

Next.

Are you? How's Anderson looked when you know he was actually on the field to play?

We overpaid for Mario but at least he produced something, we gave Anderson some money to do nothing.

Night Train
12-26-2012, 06:20 PM
The guy is overpaid and isn't a leader type at all but he's hardly a bust.

Then again, they're all overpaid cattle to me.

SquishDaFish
12-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Coastal doesnt know ****. Talks out his ass pure and simple

coastal
12-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Are you? How's Anderson looked when you know he was actually on the field to play?

We overpaid for Mario but at least he produced something, we gave Anderson some money to do nothing.anderson should never have been asked to be a three down end.

We started using him like that and then he got injured.

wiff.

coastal
12-26-2012, 06:53 PM
The guy is overpaid and isn't a leader type at all.agreed.

coastal
12-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Coastal doesnt know ****. Talks out his ass pure and simple
http://www.adultthumbsuckerssupportgroup.com (http://www.adulttbumbsuckerssupportgroup.com)

cookie G
12-26-2012, 07:26 PM

Maybe you can get my oldest's. He hasn't worn it since the 1st NE game.

He just kinda looked at me in the 2nd half and said, "he's not really a high effort guy, is he?"

-424 points against and counting
-5.1 ypc against (2200 yards rushing given up and counting)
-0 sacks against a quality OT.

He brought nothing to the defense. But then, every defense he's ever been on has sucked.

I wonder why none of his supporters bumped this thread in the last 2 games? Ah, maybe cause he was invisible, except for the replays of Russell Wilson and Ryan Tannehill running by him on the way to the sidelines.

Well, we're stuck with him for a few more years. He might be willing to accept the the legacy of a highly overpaid underachiever, or...he can set out to improve himself and become an actual beast, as opposed to the paper tiger that he is.

He can spend it working on some hand tech, some actual pass rushing moves, instead of relying on one.

Maybe he can watch some tape of JJ Watt, whose hand moves are light years ahead of Mario's.

Most of all, he needs a Talley, like Bruce needed a Talley. Bruce would have probably been a Mario except for Talley0 mentoring him. He very well could have ended up as the 8-10 sack a year guy, who did little else. In Bruce's case, it was physical conditioning, and probably a few other things.

Or he can count his millions and talk about his victories over the Barry Richardson's of the world.

gr8slayer
12-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Right, wrong, or indifferent, this has been an epic thread.

mrbojanglezs
12-26-2012, 07:36 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/308ulvt.gif

Raptor
12-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Building a team isn't as simple as plugging in players with better Madden scores.

Players are people and when building an organization, the leadership must be mindful about who they choose and how they put the pieces together.

but run your weak ass Mincey smack and keep rooting for the studness that is Mario "Fools Gold" Williams!

Oh Im going to keep bringing it up to show how just inept you are on the game of football. Just remeber you though Jeremy "has no business being on a football field let alone the answer to any teams pass rushing needs" was better than Mario Williams. lmao I mean Mincy SUCKS

Free advice, just keep reading my post Ill get you educated on this game kid

Raptor
12-26-2012, 07:46 PM
The guy is overpaid and isn't a leader type at all but he's hardly a bust.

Then again, they're all overpaid cattle to me.

Nobody said he was supposed to be before or after he signed

coastal
12-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Nobody said he was supposed to be before or after he signed
Exactly.

and speaks directly to my point that adding players to a team isn't as simple as plugging in players with better Madden numbers.

what kind of manager brings in an employee, makes him the highest paid member of the team, and then doesn't expect that person to lead?

i know... a manager who doesn't understand people and how to get them to work together... Or do we have to have Kyle Williams and Chris Kelsay calling people out to the media again for the point to sink in.

Mouldsie
12-26-2012, 09:39 PM
coastal, didnt we have a bet - mario williams vs mark anderson for total sacks? :D

coastal
12-27-2012, 02:31 AM
coastal, didnt we have a bet - mario williams vs mark anderson for total sacks? :D
A hundo... Ill pay up!

kishoph
12-27-2012, 03:26 AM
There's no doubt he's not a leader or "high motor" type player, but this team has many more problems than someone with double a digit sack total. I'm glad they got him and his contract doesn't really start to get hurtful till 2014. If it came down to it, I would want the Bills to do just what they did, they needed help at the position and they went and got the best that was available at any cost.

SquishDaFish
12-27-2012, 04:27 AM
There's no doubt he's not a leader or "high motor" type player, but this team has many more problems than someone with double a digit sack total. I'm glad they got him and his contract doesn't really start to get hurtful till 2014. If it came down to it, I would want the Bills to do just what they did, they needed help at the position and they went and got the best that was available at any cost.

Thats my point. Im happy they went out and spent the money to fix an area of need. Did they overpay?? Sure they did. Want to know why? Because they are the **** of the league as a franchise and noone wants to come here unless you show them the money. I see far bigger problems on that defense or even on the team than Mario and that includes the **** they have for coaches not only on defense but on the team.

pmoon6
12-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Maybe you can get my oldest's. He hasn't worn it since the 1st NE game.

He just kinda looked at me in the 2nd half and said, "he's not really a high effort guy, is he?"

-424 points against and counting
-5.1 ypc against (2200 yards rushing given up and counting)
-0 sacks against a quality OT.

He brought nothing to the defense. But then, every defense he's ever been on has sucked.

I wonder why none of his supporters bumped this thread in the last 2 games? Ah, maybe cause he was invisible, except for the replays of Russell Wilson and Ryan Tannehill running by him on the way to the sidelines.

Well, we're stuck with him for a few more years. He might be willing to accept the the legacy of a highly overpaid underachiever, or...he can set out to improve himself and become an actual beast, as opposed to the paper tiger that he is.

He can spend it working on some hand tech, some actual pass rushing moves, instead of relying on one.

Maybe he can watch some tape of JJ Watt, whose hand moves are light years ahead of Mario's.

Most of all, he needs a Talley, like Bruce needed a Talley. Bruce would have probably been a Mario except for Talley0 mentoring him. He very well could have ended up as the 8-10 sack a year guy, who did little else. In Bruce's case, it was physical conditioning, and probably a few other things.

Or he can count his millions and talk about his victories over the Barry Richardson's of the world.Great point on Talley and totally true. He was his roomy and pushed Bruce to be the best he could be.

One of the criticisms last year was lack of pass rush. We went out and signed the best pass rusher available. We improved in that area, but did anyone think he was the next Bruce Smith? I just pointed out that stat because the OP has been pimping San Francisco for the past two years and the lowly Bills have only one less sack. Have I been disappointed with the defense, sure. However they did go through a 5 game stretch where the most points allowed was 15. Crappy teams? OK.

Bottom line is you can't win in this league playing defense with a strong running game and a game manager. Of the top 15 defenses, it looks like only 6 will make the playoffs. 5 of the bottom 12 will. So, would it have been more prudent to have gone after Peyton Manning or a top FA QB (How about Matt Flynn). I can't think of any others that were on the market. Should they have drafted one? Undoubtably, but then again QB's taken in the first three rounds bust as much as they succeed. I'm sure the Bills' would have taken Cousins had Washington not pulled the trigger.

So, you can bash Mario all you want, the problem is not a defense that will continue to improve, it's a rinky dink offense that's easy to figure out and defend.

coastal
12-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Great point on Talley and totally true. He was his roomy and pushed Bruce to be the best he could be.

One of the criticisms last year was lack of pass rush. We went out and signed the best pass rusher available. We improved in that area, but did anyone think he was the next Bruce Smith? I just pointed out that stat because the OP has been pimping San Francisco for the past two years and the lowly Bills have only one less sack. Have I been disappointed with the defense, sure. However they did go through a 5 game stretch where the most points allowed was 15. Crappy teams? OK.

Bottom line is you can't win in this league playing defense with a strong running game and a game manager. Of the top 15 defenses, it looks like only 6 will make the playoffs. 5 of the bottom 12 will. So, would it have been more prudent to have gone after Peyton Manning or a top FA QB (How about Matt Flynn). I can't think of any others that were on the market. Should they have drafted one? Undoubtably, but then again QB's taken in the first three rounds bust as much as they succeed. I'm sure the Bills' would have taken Cousins had Washington not pulled the trigger.

So, you can bash Mario all you want, the problem is not a defense that will continue to improve, it's a rinky dink offense that's easy to figure out and defend.
Continue to improve? You're making the assertion that the process has already begun?

Our defense sucks... plain and simple.

My take is "plug and play" solutions to deficit areas of the team without regard for the team IS the problem.

Mario is the crowning manifestation of that dynamic, and until that changes... the playoff drought will continue.

The next evolution of this will be our selection of a QB in the upcoming draft. Everyone is going to go ape and get in line at the alter of "saviors without a chance".

it won't be because the QB we actually select will be the problem... it's just that I have zero faith that whoever we do pick will be evaluated in the context of the greater whole.

but hey... Bills fans love unfulfilled promise as much as they do parking lots.

pmoon6
12-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Continue to improve? You're making the assertion that the process has already begun?

Our defense sucks... plain and simple.

My take is "plug and play" solutions to deficit areas of the team without regard for the team IS the problem.

Mario is the crowning manifestation of that dynamic, and until that changes... the playoff drought will continue.

The next evolution of this will be our selection of a QB in the upcoming draft. Everyone is going to go ape and get in line at the alter of "saviors without a chance".

it won't be because the QB we actually select will be the problem... it's just that I have zero faith that whoever we do pick will be evaluated in the context of the greater whole.

but hey... Bills fans love unfulfilled promise as much as they do parking lots.If it makes you feel any better, I have already called DirectTV and cancelled my subscription for NFL ticket. That's the only thing I have spent money on for the last six years. I might watch if the Bills' game is on regular TV, but I'll be a ways from being a "Fan".

coastal
12-27-2012, 02:52 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I have already called DirectTV and cancelled my subscription for NFL ticket. That's the only thing I have spent money on for the last six years. I might watch if the Bills' game is on regular TV, but I'll be a ways from being a "Fan".
We deserve better moonie... All of us do.

and that includes someone better than Mario Williams... an uber-millionaire with a library and a bathroom the size of most our homes. Don't get me wrong... It's not jealousy of the stuff he has... It's that he has it on our dime and plays the game like a butt-fu@king quitter.

like I said... we all deserve better.

SquishDaFish
12-27-2012, 03:45 PM
We deserve better moonie... All of us do.

and that includes someone better than Mario Williams... an uber-millionaire with a library and a bathroom the size of most our homes. Don't get me wrong... It's not jealousy of the stuff he has... It's that he has it on our dime and plays the game like a butt-fu@king quitter.

like I said... we all deserve better.

God dude you are way the **** out there. I think it is jealousy. Or he stole something from you. There is MUCH BIGGER problems on this team other than a DE that just came to the team. You need to get off his ballsack and move on. Didnt you say you were a niners fan now anyhow?

cookie G
12-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Great point on Talley and totally true. He was his roomy and pushed Bruce to be the best he could be.

I nominate Kyle Williams to take over that role. It might be a blow to his ego, considering KW was a 5th round pick that year, as opposed to the no. 1 pick in the draft, but se la vie. They have a lot invested in the guy and you might as well see what you can get out of him.

One of the criticisms last year was lack of pass rush. We went out and signed the best pass rusher available. We improved in that area,

It improved against bad teams. Kelsay could get the 3 sack performance against the bad teams too on occasion. I think he got 3 against Denver last year, for instance. So he gets 2 or 3 more sacks per year than Kelsay...I ain't impressed.

but did anyone think he was the next Bruce Smith? I just pointed out that stat because the OP has been pimping San Francisco for the past two years and the lowly Bills have only one less sack.

Maybe that's a clue that the garbage sack isn't all there is to playing defense. And therein lies the problem. The guy gets a garbage sack and people ooh and ahh, like that makes him some great DE or something.

Have I been disappointed with the defense, sure. However they did go through a 5 game stretch where the most points allowed was 15. Crappy teams? OK.

Well, yeah, their O's were at the bottom of the league. Reality set back in as soon as Seattle showed up.

Bottom line is you can't win in this league playing defense with a strong running game and a game manager. Of the top 15 defenses, it looks like only 6 will make the playoffs. 5 of the bottom 12 will.

Of the top 9 defenses, in terms of points allowed, only the Fins aren't going to the playoffs. (not sure of the Bears).
Of the bottom 9 defenses, in terms of points allowed, only NO is going (are they? not sure).

Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, Raiders and Titans may be looking for new coaches, as may the Jags, Bucs and Lions.

So, would it have been more prudent to have gone after Peyton Manning or a top FA QB (How about Matt Flynn). I can't think of any others that were on the market. Should they have drafted one? Undoubtably, but then again QB's taken in the first three rounds bust as much as they succeed. I'm sure the Bills' would have taken Cousins had Washington not pulled the trigger.

Assuming you're right for a second, it should make me feel good that the Bills' spent 3 years building a Maginot Line? (You can thank me for that later, I know you liked it).

So, you can bash Mario all you want,

Thank you. I will.

the problem is not a defense that will continue to improve, it's a rinky dink offense that's easy to figure out and defend.

The NFL hasn't quite yet reached the stage of Arena league.

Sooner or later, your D has to stop someone.

Against the Jets- With Mark Sanchez, the Jets scored on 5 of their 1st 6 possessions. Only one poss. was started in Buffalo territory;

Against the Pats- 14 of their last 19 possessions resulted in scores, including 11 TDS;

Against the 9er's- they gave up TD's in 6 of their last 7 possessions. Only 1 of those possessions started in Buffalo territory;

Against the Titans- the gave up TD's in 4 of their 1st 5 possessions. Only one started in Buffalo territory. With 3 minutes to go, all they had to do was prevent a TD. They couldn't do that;

Against Seattle- they gave up scores on 5 of their 1st 5 possessions, including 4 TDS. After a punt at the end of the half,
they gave up 3 more scores on consecutive drives. Against the Seahawks, there hadn't been an offensive turnover in the entire 1st half, yet they were down 31-17.

Of course defense is the problem.

If they were intending on winning shoot outs, they probably should have added more than 1 weapon and 1 OL to their arsenal.

But they didn't, because they wanted a dominant defense.

And what they got is about as far as can be from dominating.

coastal
12-27-2012, 05:41 PM
God dude you are way the **** out there. although lonely at times... its quite beautiful! You're more than welcome here anytime you're ready.

mysticsoto
12-27-2012, 06:23 PM
I don't know how anyone can look at our defense and not place a good portion of the blame on Wannstadt. This defense definitely underachieved, and for all trying to blame Mario...what about everyone else? The entire defense did not play and become as dominating as expected. They did improve as the season went on but it still was a monumental failure by the coaching staff!

YardRat
12-27-2012, 06:35 PM

Against the Jets- With Mark Sanchez, the Jets scored on 5 of their 1st 6 possessions. Only one poss. was started in Buffalo territory;

Against the Pats- 14 of their last 19 possessions resulted in scores, including 11 TDS;

Against the 9er's- they gave up TD's in 6 of their last 7 possessions. Only 1 of those possessions started in Buffalo territory;

Against the Titans- the gave up TD's in 4 of their 1st 5 possessions. Only one started in Buffalo territory. With 3 minutes to go, all they had to do was prevent a TD. They couldn't do that;

Against Seattle- they gave up scores on 5 of their 1st 5 possessions, including 4 TDS. After a punt at the end of the half,
they gave up 3 more scores on consecutive drives. Against the Seahawks, there hadn't been an offensive turnover in the entire 1st half, yet they were down 31-17.

If they were intending on winning shoot outs, they probably should have added more than 1 weapon and 1 OL to their arsenal.

And what they got is about as far as can be from dominating.

**** like that is going to happen when you hire a guy that has been a DC exactly 1 season out of the previous 19 to run your defense, and in reality wasn't exactly stellar at it prior to that.

pmoon6
12-27-2012, 08:40 PM
I nominate Kyle Williams to take over that role. It might be a blow to his ego, considering KW was a 5th round pick that year, as opposed to the no. 1 pick in the draft, but se la vie. They have a lot invested in the guy and you might as well see what you can get out of him.

It improved against bad teams. Kelsay could get the 3 sack performance against the bad teams too on occasion. I think he got 3 against Denver last year, for instance. So he gets 2 or 3 more sacks per year than Kelsay...I ain't impressed.

Maybe that's a clue that the garbage sack isn't all there is to playing defense. And therein lies the problem. The guy gets a garbage sack and people ooh and ahh, like that makes him some great DE or something.

Well, yeah, their O's were at the bottom of the league. Reality set back in as soon as Seattle showed up.

Of the top 9 defenses, in terms of points allowed, only the Fins aren't going to the playoffs. (not sure of the Bears).
Of the bottom 9 defenses, in terms of points allowed, only NO is going (are they? not sure).

Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, Raiders and Titans may be looking for new coaches, as may the Jags, Bucs and Lions.

Assuming you're right for a second, it should make me feel good that the Bills' spent 3 years building a Maginot Line? (You can thank me for that later, I know you liked it).

Thank you. I will.

And what they got is about as far as can be from dominating.I will stop in next year and you can update me on how much the defense sucked. As far as "Arena League yet", you're wrong. I will add WWE. The NFL has become a joke.

cookie G
12-27-2012, 09:22 PM
**** like that is going to happen when you hire a guy that has been a DC exactly 1 season out of the previous 19 to run your defense, and in reality wasn't exactly stellar at it prior to that.

**** like that is going to happen when you have a GM that decides to change the defense before he even hires a coach.

Accept it...Mario was his TO move.

And the funny thing is...he could have left the D alone and it would have been better than today.

IF you believe what Moonie says, it's a QB league, driven by scoring.

So...if he had left the defense alone that was 15th in opponents scoring...

Our receiving corps would be...

SJ
Julio Jones or AJ Green
and dual TE's of Jimmy Graham and Gronk.

They'd be thrown to by Dalton/Kaepernick and/or Russell Wilson. they could alternate weeks or something.

People worried about who they were going to double on the D Line?

Who ya gonna double on O?? AJ Green? SJ? Gronk? Graham? Spiller?

But...he couldn't resist...he had to screw up the D.

cookie G
12-27-2012, 09:24 PM
I will stop in next year and you can update me on how much the defense sucked. As far as "Arena League yet", you're wrong. I will add WWE. The NFL has become a joke.

At least stop in on those Sundays where Mario gets some meaningless sack and say "HA!!! I TOLD YA SO!"

PS, the venison kabobs I made as a side for Xmas were a hit with our guests. Dances with Wolves was proud.

Mouldsie
12-27-2012, 09:41 PM
**** like that is going to happen when you have a GM that decides to change the defense before he even hires a coach.

Accept it...Mario was his TO move.

And the funny thing is...he could have left the D alone and it would have been better than today.

IF you believe what Moonie says, it's a QB league, driven by scoring.

So...if he had left the defense alone that was 15th in opponents scoring...

Our receiving corps would be...

SJ
Julio Jones or AJ Green
and dual TE's of Jimmy Graham and Gronk.

They'd be thrown to by Dalton/Kaepernick and/or Russell Wilson. they could alternate weeks or something.

People worried about who they were going to double on the D Line?

Who ya gonna double on O?? AJ Green? SJ? Gronk? Graham? Spiller?

But...he couldn't resist...he had to screw up the D.

This is fair

Mouldsie
12-27-2012, 09:44 PM
A hundo... Ill pay up!
I'll total them up after sunday

pmoon6
12-27-2012, 10:12 PM
At least stop in on those Sundays where Mario gets some meaningless sack and say "HA!!! I TOLD YA SO!"

PS, the venison kabobs I made as a side for Xmas were a hit with our guests. Dances with Wolves was proud.HA!!! I could give a **** less and I never say "I told ya so" even if I am correct. My ego isn't predicated on guessing what may or may not work in the NFL. I always just watched and supported my team.

What did you use for the kababs, inner loin or backstrap?

coastal
12-28-2012, 06:31 AM
Jimmy Graham

coastal
12-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Fools Gold unblockable today!

lolz.

SquishDaFish
12-30-2012, 01:48 PM
You are such a ****ing clown. I think this might be the last time I respond to you. It was funny responding to you for a while now but now its like Im starting to feel sorry for you. You have something against 1 player on this team and you keep bringing up homo type comments in other threads. I dont know about you anymore

coastal
12-30-2012, 02:06 PM
You are such a ****ing clown. I think this might be the last time I respond to you. It was funny responding to you for a while now but now its like Im starting to feel sorry for you. You have something against 1 player on this team and you keep bringing up homo type comments in other threads. I dont know about you anymore
And yet... Here u r... One more time.

tehe.

coastal
12-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Ok.. so Mario's had a full year to prove he's 24 karat.. or even 14 karat.

So I put it to you Bills nation...

... Is Mario the real deal or an over-rated, over-paid ticket seller?

SquishDaFish
12-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Over paid real deal IMO. And will be even better down the road with a Competent coaching staff and a real QB who can keep the offense on the field.

coastal
12-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Over paid real deal IMO. And will be even better down the road with a Competent coaching staff and a real QB who can keep the offense on the field.
What do u base your decision on?

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 04:47 PM
He's an overpaid, ticket seller that performed at what people should have expected.

Welcome to FA and guys cashing in, they tend to do that.

Novacane
12-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Over paid but I don't write the checks so I don't care. He's a very good DE that was better than anything we had. He's not near the top defensive player in the league like his contract says but I'm glad he's here.

ServoBillieves
12-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Would've been nice to have Mark Anderson/Chris Kelsay opposite him rather than the scrubs. We'll see in 2013, when he most likely will be injured in the first 3 games.

X-Era
02-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Just saw this:

Mario is only 1.5 sacks behind Bruce Smith at the same point in their careers.

Bruce- 78 at this point in his career, Mario- 76.5

feldspar
02-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Not THIS thread again...

Mario Williams was named as a second-team All-Pro this year. Pro Bowl too. He does not suck. Who cares how much money he makes?

coastal
02-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Ask Andy Levitre wand Jarius Byrd.

YardRat
02-01-2014, 02:55 PM
DE/OLB >>>> OG and FS, combined.

Mario Williams >>>> Andy Levitre and Jairus Byrd, combined.

coastal
02-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Lulz...

SquishDaFish
02-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Coastal just give it up and succeed the fact that you were wrong on this subject. Yes hes overpaid We ALL know that but we dont give a ****. He does positive **** for this defense hands down.

cookie G
02-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Just saw this:

Mario is only 1.5 sacks behind Bruce Smith at the same point in their careers.

Bruce- 78 at this point in his career, Mario- 76.5

um...you were looking at his jersey number, I think

After 8 seasons

Bruce- 108 games 92 sacks
Mario- 114 ganes 76.5 sacks

And in terms of tackles...it isn't even close...

Bruce 541
Mario 325

Bruce could, and did..dominate against the run as well as the pass.

That's not to mention that Mario probably had several hundred more pass attempts during that time and hence, more sack opportunities.

I won't even get into the fact that Bruce was predominantly lined up against the team's best lineman...guys like Richmond Webb, Bruce Armstrong, John Alt, and occasionally, an Anthony Munoz.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitBr00.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillMa22.htm

Reminds me of all the "I'm not saying he's Tom Brady...but Trent Edwards did this..." threads that were so popular at one time.

Mario isn't Bruce..never was, never will be...physical talent is comparable (in different ways), but he doesn't have Bruce's mental make up. Bruce understood things like leverage, how to use his speed...how to throw a guy off balance and then take him out...spin moves, swim moves, etc. Mario gets by on physical ability alone for the most part.

If you want to make a comparison...take a guy like JJ Watt. A guy with the physical similarities of Mario...but with a far more detailed understanding of hand - to - hand combat.

YardRat
02-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Smith was very special. I won't ever see another DE like him in my lifetime.

AlohaBill
02-01-2014, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=cookie G;3907121]um...you were looking at his jersey number, I think

I believe he is referring to the fact of them both being 29 years of age at this point of their career.

coastal
02-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Coastal just give it up and succeed the fact that you were wrong on this subject. Yes hes overpaid We ALL know that but we dont give a ****. He does positive **** for this defense hands down.
Do u remember two years ago when Chris Kelsay was calling him out?

Skooby
02-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Mario had a good 2013 season, which helped make up for his 2012 season.

X-Era
02-01-2014, 05:28 PM
um...you were looking at his jersey number, I think

After 8 seasons

Bruce- 108 games 92 sacks
Mario- 114 ganes 76.5 sacks

And in terms of tackles...it isn't even close...

Bruce 541
Mario 325

Bruce could, and did..dominate against the run as well as the pass.

That's not to mention that Mario probably had several hundred more pass attempts during that time and hence, more sack opportunities.

I won't even get into the fact that Bruce was predominantly lined up against the team's best lineman...guys like Richmond Webb, Bruce Armstrong, John Alt, and occasionally, an Anthony Munoz.

Reminds me of all the "I'm not saying he's Tom Brady...but Trent Edwards did this..." threads that were so popular at one time.

Mario isn't Bruce..never was, never will be...physical talent is comparable (in different ways), but he doesn't have Bruce's mental make up. Bruce understood things like leverage, how to use his speed...how to throw a guy off balance and then take him out...spin moves, swim moves, etc. Mario gets by on physical ability alone for the most part.

If you want to make a comparison...take a guy like JJ Watt. A guy with the physical similarities of Mario...but with a far more detailed understanding of hand - to - hand combat.
No, you're wrong. By the age of 29, Bruce had 78 sacks. By the age of 29, Mario had 76.5.

Count them up. I just did.

cookie G
02-01-2014, 05:58 PM
No, you're wrong. By the age of 29, Bruce had 78 sacks. By the age of 29, Mario had 76.5.

Ah...so first 8 seasons vs. first 8 seasons isn't a valid comparison.

But ok...despite starting 25 MORE games "at this point in their careers", Mario still has FEWER sacks and about 100 FEWER tackles.

Uh huh...yeah...um...I can see..um...how he's...uh...close.

Anyway, I'm not saying that EJ Manuel is Tom Brady...but at this point in their careers...

feldspar
02-01-2014, 06:02 PM

He's obviously going by years, and you are going by age.

But if Mario Williams plays for 19 years like Bruce Smith did, he'll only have 181.7 sacks over his career at this rate. Bruce had 200.

X-Era
02-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Ah...so first 8 seasons vs. first 8 seasons isn't a valid comparison.

But ok...despite starting 25 MORE games "at this point in their careers", Mario still has FEWER sacks and about 100 FEWER tackles.

Uh huh...yeah...um...I can see..um...how he's...uh...close.

Anyway, I'm not saying that EJ Manuel is Tom Brady...but at this point in their careers...It was a quick blurb that I saw. Yes it's by age. I don't go nuts with it.

Bruce is the best DE ever for the Bills and Mario isn't Bruce. I found it interesting. I didn't think it was even close. The point for me is that Mario is not garbage. Whether he earns all of that big contract over his whole run here remains to be seen.

Coastal can still be right about all this. I just thought it was interesting.

JoeMama
02-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Do u remember two years ago when Chris Kelsay was calling him out?

I try to remember as little as possible about Chris Kelsay.

But I do remember two weeks ago when MW booked a flight to Honolulu after a 13 sack season.

I don't hold the gazillion dollar contract against him personally. He doesn't pay himself.

coastal
02-01-2014, 07:58 PM
I try to remember as little as possible about Chris Kelsay.

But I do remember two weeks ago when MW booked a flight to Honolulu after a 13 sack season.

I don't hold the gazillion dollar contract against him personally. He doesn't pay himself.I personally don't care what he makes either outside of him being the highest paid player in franchise history... on top of having a questionable work ethic.

that kind of dynamic is dangerous to group dynamics.

As far as the Probowl... big deal. i watched him play this year, and he mailed it on more than half the snaps, but everyone is hanging onto to those 13 sacks as if they shine bright like a diamond.

heres a hint... they don't. they never will and mario will go down as the underachieving check cashier that he is.

YardRat
02-01-2014, 08:13 PM
13 sacks >>>>>>>>>> 4 INTs and bailing on your team three times in a single year.

JoeMama
02-01-2014, 08:13 PM
I personally don't care what he makes either outside of him being the highest paid player in franchise history... on top of having a questionable work ethic.

As far as the Probowl... big deal. i watched him play this year, and he mailed it on more than half the snaps, but everyone is hanging onto to those 13 sacks as if they shine bright like a diamond.

heres a hint... they don't. they never will and mario will go down as the underachieving check cashier that he is.

It's lose/lose with you.

God knows you'd be rubbing it in everybody's faces if he only had 6 or 7 sacks.

Why act shocked that his 13 sacks are being rubbed in yours?

I've never seen a fan so bitter and angry about a player having a good season.

feldspar
02-01-2014, 08:46 PM
I personally don't care what he makes either outside of him being the highest paid player in franchise history... on top of having a questionable work ethic.

Yeah, you watched him play this year through a glass half-darkly or whatever the ****.

He made 2nd team All-Pro this year, only behind the two other guys on the first team, I believe. That's more meaningful than the Pro Bowl.

Your credibility on the matter is shot, to be honest with you. I can remember when you actually were adamant about your opinion that the Bills pretended to go after Tyson Clabo to sucker the fans into buying tickets...a Right Tackle. Ask people what they think of him at the moment. Unreal. And you can never entertain the idea that you may have been wrong.

I really don't think you are any kind of expert on group dynamics, either.

You and SpikedLemonade...he went off on endless rants about how Ralph Wilson is a racist because he probably wouldn't allow Cam Newton to be picked at #3 that year. He doesn't want black quarterbacks, according to him. So, Cam Newton didn't even fall to the Bills...then we now have our #1 AND #2 quarterbacks who are both black and he STILL maintains that Ralph Wilson is a racist? Why? Because he's a pud.

coastal
02-01-2014, 08:53 PM
It's my fault that I'm smarter than everyone else?

look... this is GROUP dynamics.

Mario is a total pudwhacker.

You know it. I know it. Even Chris Kelsay knew it:

And he's the highest paid, self-admitted, non-leader in the history of the franchise... and in the history of defensive players in the entire NFL!

Pettine was large enough to channel some of that talent some of the time to the benefit of the team this year.

What's going to happen when some screwball like Schwartz tries to get in his head?

another million dollar ring for a white woman and another sprained wrist?

its not hate... it's me trying to make you fool's see...

It isn't gold.

SquishDaFish
02-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Smarter than everyone else hahahahahahaha thanx I needed that laugh you fudgepacking idiot

BertSquirtgum
02-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Ask Andy Levitre wand Jarius Byrd.

Jarius Byrd is fools gold.

feldspar
02-01-2014, 10:49 PM
It's my fault that I'm smarter than everyone else?

look... this is GROUP dynamics.

Mario is a total pudwhacker.

You know it. I know it. Even Chris Kelsay knew it:

And he's the highest paid, self-admitted, non-leader in the history of the franchise... and in the history of defensive players in the entire NFL!

Pettine was large enough to channel some of that talent some of the time to the benefit of the team this year.

What's going to happen when some screwball like Schwartz tries to get in his head?

another million dollar ring for a white woman and another sprained wrist?

its not hate... it's me trying to make you fool's see...

It isn't gold.

You're an idiot, dude.

...and there is no need to argue about the particulars of what you say, either. Your bias is incredibly glaring.

pmoon6
02-02-2014, 03:11 AM
It was a quick blurb that I saw. Yes it's by age. I don't go nuts with it.

Bruce is the best DE ever for the Bills and Mario isn't Bruce. I found it interesting. I didn't think it was even close. The point for me is that Mario is not garbage. Whether he earns all of that big contract over his whole run here remains to be seen.

Coastal can still be right about all this. I just thought it was interesting.The only right about Coastal is that he sits on a beach in flip flops, fantasizes about get away vacations to San Francisco and thinks he actually knows something.....or it could be that he trolls the site looking to stir things up.

Another Anti-Fan that would rather be "right" with his assessments than support his team. I call it "Madden Derangement Syndrome".

coastal
02-02-2014, 06:22 AM
The only right about Coastal is that he sits on a beach in flip flops, fantasizes about get away vacations to San Francisco and thinks he actually knows something.....or it could be that he trolls the site looking to stir things up.

Another Anti-Fan that would rather be "right" with his assessments than support his team. I call it "Madden Derangement Syndrome".
You're like Francis from "Stripes"... stuuuuuuupid.

not that you'll get it right, but here's a simple question for you...

would you you like Mario Williams as a teammate?

YardRat
02-02-2014, 06:32 AM
Just to be fair, the team really didn't go after Clabo, it was just a leverage move to get more money by the agent.

pmoon6
02-02-2014, 06:33 AM
You're like Francis from "Stripes"... stuuuuuuupid.

not that you'll get it right, but here's a simple question for you...

would you you like Mario Williams as a teammate?Well, at least you didn't call me a ****ing homo.

Is that because I refused to give you a reach around?

The answer is yes. I like having Mario on the team.

Ya know, if you just made the "Fools' Gold" point and let it go, you wouldn't get so much ****.

Is Mario another Bruce Smith....not even close.

Did he help make the defense, especially the front four, better?

Without a doubt.

But, in your quest to be "right" you have to stick to your idiotic initial assessment. The only fool here is you.

coastal
02-02-2014, 06:36 AM
13 sacks! He had 13 sacks!

Lookie lookie... he's wearing a lei!

Coastal's wrong! Coastal's wrong! We're all right! Tank God were not the tool bags he thinks we are!

14 years mouth breathers.

pmoon6
02-02-2014, 06:41 AM
13 sacks! He had 13 sacks!

Lookie lookie... he's wearing a lei!

Coastal's wrong! Coastal's wrong! We're all right! Tank God were not the tool bags he thinks we are!

14 years mouth breathers.Admitting your wrong is the first step in recovery, my son.

coastal
02-02-2014, 06:50 AM
Admitting your wrong is the first step in recovery, my son.
Completely agree.. 8.5 of his sacks came in 3 games. So remove those games and he had 4.5 in 13 games?

Fool's Gold.

pmoon6
02-02-2014, 06:59 AM
Completely agree.. 8.5 of his sacks came in 3 games. So remove those games and he had 4.5 in 13 games?

Fool's Gold.HaHaHa. Take away Bruce Smith's sacks with the Redskins and he doesn't hold the NFL record. You might have missed the part where his teammates picked up the slack and we were the best team in the league getting to the QB.

Which would you rather have? A great individual performance or a great TEAM performance?

coastal
02-02-2014, 07:09 AM
HaHaHa. Take away Bruce Smith's sacks with the Redskins and he doesn't hold the NFL record. You might have missed the part where his teammates picked up the slack and we were the best team in the league getting to the QB.

Which would you rather have? A great individual performance or a great TEAM performance?
28th against run. I'm sure that's all Kiko's fault.

BTW... Do you you the highest paid player in the history of the NFL even got a sniff of being a top 10 player?

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1913430-ranking-the-top-10-candidates-for-nfl-defensive-player-of-the-year-in-2013

coastal
02-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Jarius Byrd is fools gold.
I charge a $100 few for use of this trademark.

pmoon6
02-02-2014, 07:34 AM
I charge a $100 few for use of this trademark.Well, you could use Iron Pyrite, but it does lose a little something.

I also hope your going to give most of the proceeds to the descendants of the California gold miners who actually did invent it.

It's was a little clever at first, but like anything repeated so often it's lost it's luster.

Now go into your library and look up some other clever phrase for you to "invent".

pmoon6
02-02-2014, 07:37 AM

BTW... Do you you the highest paid player in the history of the NFL even got a sniff of being a top 10 player?

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1913430-ranking-the-top-10-candidates-for-nfl-defensive-player-of-the-year-in-2013So what? You do know what the general function of the defensive line is, right?

Oh wait, that doesn't fit into your critique, so it doesn't count.

Maybe you can have a one on one with Chuck Noll to explain it. Or maybe just STFU.

coastal
02-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Well, you could use Iron Pyrite, but it does lose a little something.

I also hope your going to give most of the proceeds to the descendants of the California gold miners who actually did invent it.

It's was a little clever at first, but like anything repeated so often it's lost it's luster.

Now go into your library and look up some other clever phrase for you to "invent".
Your recent attempts to paint everyone with some sort of syndrome are boring.

pmoon6
02-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Your recent attempts to paint everyone with some sort of syndrome are boring.Then don't read them. Personally, I think they're funny. Then again, I'm easily amused.

I will say, my material is at least somewhat better than yours. Maybe hire Jay Leno as your writer. I hear he is looking for work.

better days
02-02-2014, 08:13 AM

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1913430-ranking-the-top-10-candidates-for-nfl-defensive-player-of-the-year-in-2013

Well, with Schwartz as DC next year, I expect the Bills to make a HUGE improvement against the run with Mario at DE.

coastal
02-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Then don't read them. Personally, I think they're funny. Then again, I'm easily amused.

I will say, my material is at least somewhat better than yours. Maybe hire Jay Leno as your writer. I hear he is looking for work.sobriety is boring.

but wise.

coastal
02-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Well, with Schwartz as DC next year, I expect the Bills to make a HUGE improvement against the run with Mario at DE.

SquishDaFish
02-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Oh yea lets take some sacks away because they happened in certain games. While we are at it lets take away Some of seahawks wins because they played in that unfair 12th man stadium. Your a ****ing toolbag. Dumb****