PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Blondie
09-28-2015, 04:17 PM
I thought Mario did better in a 4-3 scheme statistically than in 3-4 where everyone else gets to blitz. The same can be said about Dareus , Kyle and Hughes .

I don't expect their sacks to surpass last years sacks . I do however people from the backfield to increase their sack nos.

For what he IS being paid you SHOULD expect more, ... I guess I can see why you wouldn't expect anything more from him. Play it safe, and collect that check!

He was brought on to this team because he was supposed to be awesome .. I am still waiting.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe we lose the sack count some, but we gain in having a stout running defense.

the fact that coastal wrote this two/three years ago and he can only sling some mud here and there shows how wrong he's been. people give op a hard time for defendings his position. but at no time has he ever said anything this obtuse and continued to support it like a knowledgable fan.

He has been slinging mud the ENTIRE time .. Mario is FOOL'S gold :D

HAMMER
09-28-2015, 07:42 PM
Get back in the kitchen and bake me a pie Blondie.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2015, 09:29 PM
At this torrid pace he will have 16 tackles and 5 or 6 sacks on the year.

Maybe it's time to fake another emergency wrist surgery.

Maybe it's time to get a new agenda. Mario played just fine.

EricStratton
09-29-2015, 04:03 AM
It's adorable that coastal has blondie carrying his water now.

coastal
09-29-2015, 09:09 AM
Mario... the$100 million NFL football defensive lineman warrior... said no one ever.

trapezeus
09-29-2015, 09:47 AM
please post this fools gold theory on a team's message board that can't stop the run and can't get to the qb, like we did before we got him. and let us know if they would want a guy who would take us from a bad defense to a top 5 one.

and only two people are stupid enough to think otherwise...and they post in this thread quite a bit.

coastal
09-29-2015, 09:50 AM
Mario Williams... hall of famer to be...

and im the stupid one..

lol.

delectrolux
09-29-2015, 09:50 AM
Mario... the$100 million NFL football defensive lineman warrior... said no one ever.

I'll play...

But let's forget about money for a minute, and just talk about what Williams has accomplished on the field in his first three seasons with the Bills. He has accumulated 38 sacks. That's the highest number of quarterback take-downs that a Bills defender has mustered in three seasons since first-ballot Hall of Fame pass rusher Bruce Smith did it in 1995-7. Williams also hit the double-digit sack mark in each of those three seasons, the first Bill to accomplish that since - you guessed it - Smith pulled it off in 1996-8. Williams' 38 sacks rank sixth - sixth - in Bills franchise history.

Those 38 sacks are also the fourth-highest total in the NFL by any individual over that three-year span. J.J. Watt (51.5 sacks), Justin Houston (43), and Robert Quinn (40) are the only three players that have more.

On Mario Williams: "When Houston let Williams walk as a free agent in 2009 following a season in which he had 5.0 sacks and played in just five games, most assumed it was all aboard the Decline Train, last stop: Buffalo. Since then, all Williams has done is pile up 38.0 sacks and, in 2014, his first All-Pro selection (to go with four Pro Bowl invites).

He has never missed a game since coming to Buffalo. He holds the Bills Franchise record for most sacks in a game (4.5). His production has steadily gone UP each year with Buffalo – 10.5, 13 and 14.5 Sacks each year. he's also forced 5 fumbles and had 10 pass defenses in those three years. This all happening after he was signed by the Bills in 2012 – following a 6-10 season for a perennial bottom feeder. Free agents weren't exactly knocking down the door to sign in Buffalo. He got his guaranteed money - he could have easily pulled a Albert Haynesworth (20 games with the Redskins and 6.5 sacks...), but instead, he just went on to be one of the most dominant defensive players in Bills history - while driving tickets sales, and showing that the Bills were actually willing to pay for talent...

Many pundits were suprised when the Bills signed Mario Williams (http://football-players.pointafter.com/l/22498/Mario-Williams) to a record-breaking six-year, $96 million contract with $31.4 million guaranteed. Williams was coming off a season in which he suffered a torn pectoral and only played five games for the Texans (http://www.si.com/nfl/team/houston-texans). It was unclear how he’d respond in Buffalo.
Well, Williams is halfway through his megadeal, and it doesn’t look all that outrageous.
2007–11: 194 tackles, 48.5 sacks, 10 forced fumbles
2012–14: 126 tackles, 38 sacks, five forced fumbles
With Buffalo touting plenty of explosive weapons on offense for new head coach Rex Ryan to use, the Williams signing looks like a shrewd move that established the franchise’s renewed commitment to winning.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/26/nfl-free-agency-big-money-contracts-albert-haynesworth-julius-peppers-mike-wallace

But you know, he's started slow, so... nevermind...

EricStratton
09-29-2015, 10:46 AM
I'll play...

He has never missed a game since coming to Buffalo. He holds the Bills Franchise record for most sacks in a game (4.5). His production has steadily gone UP each year with Buffalo – 10.5, 13 and 14.5 Sacks each year. he's also forced 5 fumbles and had 10 pass defenses in those three years. This all happening after he was signed by the Bills in 2012 – following a 6-10 season for a perennial bottom feeder. Free agents weren't exactly knocking down the door to sign in Buffalo. He got his guaranteed money - he could have easily pulled a Albert Haynesworth (20 games with the Redskins and 6.5 sacks...), but instead, he just went on to be one of the most dominant defensive players in Bills history - while driving tickets sales, and showing that the Bills were actually willing to pay for talent...

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/26/nfl-free-agency-big-money-contracts-albert-haynesworth-julius-peppers-mike-wallace

Mario Williams... hall of famer to be...

and im the stupid one..

lol.

Yes, yes you are

BertSquirtgum
09-29-2015, 11:15 AM
I'll play...

Coastal just got owned.

Blondie
09-29-2015, 12:29 PM
Guess Mario is off to a slow start this season :D

- - - Updated - - -

Get back in the kitchen and bake me a pie Blondie.

I don't make pies .. :D

That's what I got coastal for :D

Joe Fo Sho
09-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Guess Mario is off to a slow start this season :D

So it makes you happy that you think he's off to a slow start?

delectrolux
09-29-2015, 02:00 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It is a little thing, but look at how Mario and Lawson occupy all 5 Miami OL themselves w/ stunts on 4 man rush <a href="http://t.co/Uj5oorS2fF">pic.twitter.com/Uj5oorS2fF</a></p>&mdash; YardsPerPass.com (@YardsPerPass) <a href="https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/648923627916775428">September 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

coastal
09-29-2015, 02:42 PM
Lol u guys are pathetic

delectrolux
09-29-2015, 02:50 PM
Lol u guys are pathetic

zing!

Blondie
10-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Dang it ... Fools gold just sacked my Mariota!!

He's worth every bit of his salary now ain't he!!!

Blondie
10-11-2015, 11:51 AM
I guess its easy to sack the rookie...

Hehehehehehe

TacklingDummy
10-11-2015, 12:02 PM
I guess its easy to sack the rookie...

Hehehehehehe
Especially when you are not even blocked.

coastal
10-11-2015, 12:13 PM
Especially when you are not even blocked.
Skillz

trapezeus
10-11-2015, 02:14 PM
Ok. We get it. You don't understand football and your wife will blindly support you. Crystal clear. Can we close this thread now?

HAMMER
10-11-2015, 02:14 PM
Mario with a great game today. Did Blondie do the laundry yet Coastal?

casdhf
10-11-2015, 02:18 PM
**** these two ****s

Blondie
10-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Mario with a great game today. Did Blondie do the laundry yet Coastal?

Lol .. I am on it all now..

That was a good win, I am happy for the Bills.

This thread makes me smile all the time :D

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Lol .. I am on it all now..

That was a good win, I am happy for the Bills.

This thread makes me smile all the time :D

apparently coastal and you aren't doing a good enough job of making each other smile. haha. jk.

but seriously, you guys are super annoying with this shtick

Joe Fo Sho
10-11-2015, 02:58 PM
but seriously, you guys are super annoying with this shtick

It's the only way the two of them can get off anymore.

Blondie
10-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Ok. We get it. You don't understand football and your wife will blindly support you. Crystal clear. Can we close this thread now?

Actually I don't blindly support him ... I would love for you guys to prove him wrong .. He is always right!!

Ginger Vitis
10-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Actually I don't blindly support him ... I would love for you guys to prove him wrong .. He is always right!!

You have obviously never read the Sabres Zone

Blondie
10-11-2015, 04:07 PM
You have obviously never read the Sabres Zone

No I don't .. WE will NEVER agree on Hockey. I am a Lightning fan ALL the way. Will never support the Sabres OR the Leafs.

coastal
10-11-2015, 04:50 PM
Haters..

Super Mario with an unblocked sack and two other tackles.

All-world.

gebobs
10-11-2015, 04:57 PM
And a pass defensed. Bills win. You lose.

coastal
10-18-2015, 02:01 PM
One tackle today.

Projected out over the year... Mario "I'm not here to be a leader" Super Fool's Gold Williams is on pace for 17 tackles, 8 assists and 5.3 sacks.

Future Hall of Famer...

lolz

TacklingDummy
10-18-2015, 02:02 PM
Fools Dareus isn't much better.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-18-2015, 02:02 PM
One tackle today.

Projected out over the year... Mario "I'm not here to be a leader" Super Fool's Gold Williams is on pace for 17 tackles, 8 assists and 5.3 sacks.

Future Hall of Famer...

lolz

do you even like the bills? or do you just hate Mario williams for not f***ing you in the azz?

coastal
10-18-2015, 02:07 PM
do you even like the bills? or do you just hate Mario williams for not f***ing you in the azz?lol!

I suppose it's a love/hate thing.. I love the Bills, but hate stupidity...

...like the Fool's Gold signing.

kingJofNYC
10-18-2015, 02:22 PM
He has to restructure, or he's getting the boot, simple as that. Guy isn't playing up to his contract numbers.

TacklingDummy
10-18-2015, 02:31 PM
He has to restructure, or he's getting the boot, simple as that. Guy isn't playing up to his contract numbers.

At the time the Bills had to overpay to get Mario here. No one wants to come to Buffalo.

I got suckered into going to 2 games this year. It will be the first time I've been there since Jan. 15, 1994,

1) 0° F, -32° F wind chill, partly sunny
January 15, 1994 in Orchard Park, NY vs. LA Raiders, AFC Divisional Game
W 29-23

coastal
10-18-2015, 02:38 PM
At the time the Bills had to overpay to get Mario here.no we didn't and who cares if he went elsewhere?

if memory serves, Chicago was the only other rumored interested party, but they weren't offering anything close to what we did.

we were bidding against ourselves.

it was a joke then and it's a joke now.

justasportsfan
10-18-2015, 02:40 PM
Now add Hughes,Dareus Kyle to that list of fools gold. They have a coach that blows

Mr. Pink
10-18-2015, 02:42 PM
The entire defense is a joke now.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Now add Hughes,Dareus Kyle to that list of fools gold. They have a coach that blows
no, it's all mario's fault. haven't you heard?

Blondie
10-18-2015, 04:01 PM
Just curious what contribution does Mario give to the Buffalo community??

Novacane
10-18-2015, 04:19 PM
We need a Rex Ryan fools gold thread

coastal
10-18-2015, 04:20 PM
I was googling Mario Williams and came across this gem of a factoid...

Apparently Mario had some fungal piggies back in his Houston Days so had to have a hardcore pedicure to rectify so he could get back in the field.

somethings, you just can't make up...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-06-07-notebooks_x.htm

MillsapsBillsFan
10-18-2015, 04:31 PM
One tackle today.

Future Hall of Famer...

lolz

Yeah his production is right about on pace with the rest of our defensive line. This is a defensive problem as a whole not a Mario problem.

Blondie
10-18-2015, 04:48 PM
I think the BILLS should pay Mario more... Maybe then he will preform better and the rest of the D will follow ..

.heheheheheheh

Historian
10-21-2015, 07:06 PM
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12143283_10153986914452580_7157752376649854467_n.jpg?oh=c5fe00d5158066b6032de3f46ea1eeec&oe=569167C5

coastal
10-21-2015, 08:38 PM
It's all Rex Ryan's fault that Mario sucks

Blondie
10-22-2015, 07:03 AM
Ok I have googled and googled and come up with NOTHING in terms of Mario Williams and his involvement with the Buffalo community.

This guy really does nothing??

gebobs
10-22-2015, 07:09 AM
It's all Rex Ryan's fault that Mario sucks

This guy really does nothing??

Isn't there a Leafs forum you guys can troll?

Mr. Pink
10-22-2015, 10:09 AM
Rex Ryan is Fool's Gold.

coastal
11-08-2015, 05:52 PM
Ok so we're at the halfway point of 2015.

production this year...

10 solo tackles
3 assists
3 sacks

who here thinks he's still HOF material?

BrianCarr
11-08-2015, 06:05 PM

production this year...

10 solo tackles
3 assists
3 sacks

who here thinks he's still HOF material?By your own admission, you don't even watch the games, so your opinion is meaningless.

Go troll the San Francisco boards.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-08-2015, 06:07 PM

production this year...

10 solo tackles
3 assists
3 sacks

LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!

coastal
11-08-2015, 06:10 PM
By your own admission, you don't even watch the games, so your opinion is meaningless.

Go troll the San Francisco boards.
Hey it's the resident fanboy with anger mgmt issues!

You ou know in right, moo i.e...

- - - Updated - - -

LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!
Says the mouth breather with the Gordon Gecco avatar.

talk about lame.

EricStratton
11-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Careful folks, Shiva will tell coastal and honey to call you a sorehead soon.

BrianCarr
11-08-2015, 06:18 PM

You ou know in right, moo i.e...

- - - Updated - - -

Says the mouth breather with the Gordon Gecco avatar.

talk about lame.You may BE right, but you forfeited your right to comment.

Your opinion has been rendered moot, now turn in your Fan Card and we will remove any trace of your existence from WNY Public Records.

BertSquirtgum
11-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Looked pretty good to me today. Was in tannehill's face a bunch. and double teamed by a lineman and tight end.

feldspar
11-08-2015, 06:28 PM

**** you.

You are just obviously trolling this topic.

You just admitted this very week that you've only watched one single Bills game this year, so you really have no frame of reference...just trying to get under people's skin. No wonder you blow Shiva all the time. You're tying to parrot some of his tactics, it seems.

A first team All-Pro is not a bad player, which is what Mario was last year. Pro-Bowler the past two years too. If you want to gain some kind of credibility about this year, watch some of the ****ing games, douche-bag.

Yeah, he hasn't looked very good this year, but your shtick is the same as when he was first-team All-Pro...completely uninformed the entire time is what you are. Four different defensive coordinators in the four years he's been here. Used different ways all the time. He ain't gonna get a sack after dopping into coverage either, dummy...if you want to look at the stat sheet and figure you know what happened based upon that.

Blow me.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-08-2015, 06:32 PM
**** you.

You are just obviously trolling this topic.

You just admitted this very week that you've only watched one single Bills game this year, so you really have no frame of reference...just trying to get under people's skin. No wonder you blow Shiva all the time. Trying to parrot some of his tactics...

A first team All-Pro is not a bad player, which is what Mario was last year. Pro-Bowler the past two years too. If you want to gain some kind of credibility about this year, watch some of the ****ing games, douche-bag.

Yeah, he hasn't looked very good this year, but your shtick is the same as when he was first-team All-Pro...completely uninformed the entire time is what you are. Four different defensive coordinators in in four years he's been here.

Blow me.

Couldnt agree more. A misguided, uninformed moron

Novacane
11-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Mario has always been overpaid for the production he gives imo. He's invisible for stretches of games then pads his stats with a couple huge games a year. Now that he's not even being used full time at what he's best at they may as well release him in the off season. He's making way to much for the 6 to 8 sacks he's going to get this year.

Joe Fo Sho
11-08-2015, 06:45 PM
LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bVfpD7PrGO8/UOycL2lSRiI/AAAAAAAAFMc/bl61FLoNmAA/s1600/look-at-my-kids.gif

feldspar
11-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Couldnt agree more. A misguided, uninformed moron

He's those things, but he's also intentionally being an asswipe troll...that's all that matters in the end.

Guy hasn't even watched the games.

BertSquirtgum
11-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Mario has always been overpaid for the production he gives imo. He's invisible for stretches of games then pads his stats with a couple huge games a year. Now that he's not even being used full time at what he's best at they may as well release him in the off season. He's making way to much for the 6 to 8 sacks he's going to get this year.

Yeah. Lets cut good players.

Mr. Pink
11-08-2015, 10:45 PM

production this year...

10 solo tackles
3 assists
3 sacks

That depends on who you're comparing him to career wise...he's a very comparable player to John Abraham, Simeon Rice, Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers...are any of those 4 guys HOF caliber players? If they are, so is Mario.

And if he ends up averaging 10 sacks per year over the next 4 seasons, including this one, he's gonna put up sack numbers that surpass Dent, Doleman, Taylor, Strahan.

I don't see how you say he's not, at a minimum, a HOF consideration player already right now and he should have at least another 5 productive seasons in him. Obviously he's not Reggie White nor Bruce Smith but being Jason Taylor isn't bad.

coastal
11-09-2015, 05:28 AM
:rofl:

http://thesaintsnation.com/2014-articles/who-are-the-top-10-most-overrated-players-in-the-league-today.html

Mario Williams
Williams is best known as the guy the Houston Texans picked instead of Reggie Bush and the guy the Bills overpaid for. Williams at times is a dominant force in the league, but he is mostly a pure pass rusher who is sporadic at best. Williams is a very nice complementary player, but he isn’t a franchise piece. Williams signed a 6-year $100 million deal with the Bills… that’s Reggie White money folks. Williams is no Reggie White… he isn’t even a Michael Strahan and that contract is why he is on this list.

stuckincincy
11-09-2015, 05:31 AM

http://thesaintsnation.com/2014-articles/who-are-the-top-10-most-overrated-players-in-the-league-today.html

Mario Williams
Williams is best known as the guy the Houston Texans picked instead of Reggie Bush and the guy the Bills overpaid for. Williams at times is a dominant force in the league, but he is mostly a pure pass rusher who is sporadic at best. Williams is a very nice complementary player, but he isn’t a franchise piece. Williams signed a 6-year $100 million deal with the Bills… that’s Reggie White money folks. Williams is no Reggie White… he isn’t even a Michael Strahan and that contract is why he is on this list.

Heh - the author nailed Harvin, too.

coastal
11-09-2015, 05:35 AM
he hasn't looked very good this year
Thank u.

fool's gold

Blondie
11-09-2015, 06:40 AM
Has anyone ever answered my question ... With Mario's BIG salary, what has he done to GIVE BACK to the Buffalo Community???

TedMock
11-09-2015, 06:56 AM
Has anyone ever answered my question ... With Mario's BIG salary, what has he done to GIVE BACK to the Buffalo Community???

He's supposedly very private, so whatever he does doesn't hit the news. I do know that he spends a ton of time in hospitals with sick children. That's apparently his soft spot. My sister and my friend are both nurses and both said he frequently visits to bring gifts, play games, crafts, hang out, etc with the children. I don't know of anything beyond that though.

Joe Fo Sho
11-09-2015, 07:06 AM
He's supposedly very private, so whatever he does doesn't hit the news. I do know that he spends a ton of time in hospitals with sick children. That's apparently his soft spot. My sister and my friend are both nurses and both said he frequently visits to bring gifts, play games, crafts, hang out, etc with the children. I don't know of anything beyond that though.

He also had that cereal when he first signed here, MariO's. The proceeds of that went to a charity based in Buffalo to support children with cancer and their families. That goes along with your story of him visiting kids in the hospital.

tomz
11-09-2015, 07:25 AM
They had him playing in the interior. Rex even mentioned it. He was taking double teams, freeing up Hughes. Specifically mentions his role and how he doubted it showed in the stat sheet but was big.

cookie G
11-09-2015, 07:47 AM

Mario Williams

Saints Nation?

Shouldn't they be more worried about the 10 million a year they are giving to Byrd?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/762QWaLe_n4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

coastal
11-09-2015, 10:19 AM
They had him playing in the interior. Rex even mentioned it. He was taking double teams, freeing up Hughes. Specifically mentions his role and how he doubted it showed in the stat sheet but was big.
So he's a hundred million dollar decoy?

Victor7
11-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Why is this thread still alive?

BertSquirtgum
11-09-2015, 12:04 PM
I think Mario raped coastal.

MillsapsBillsFan
11-09-2015, 12:32 PM

Mario Williams
A random saints blog agrees with your opinion, I think that's it guys pack it up. He's been proven right now.

TacklingDummy
11-23-2015, 09:33 PM
Is Mario still on the Bills?

coastal
11-23-2015, 09:37 PM
Is Mario still on the Bills?
Seriously... he's still sick?

BertSquirtgum
11-23-2015, 09:48 PM
He played very well.

coastal
11-23-2015, 09:52 PM
0 stats past two games with no apparent injury?

Mr. Cynical
11-23-2015, 10:34 PM

Mario absolutely should be the #1 target for cap relief next season. If he balks, let him walk. He has never dominated a game as a Bill, and it's only going to get worse as he ages.

coastal
11-24-2015, 06:23 AM
Year three of his contract is coming to a close... or is it 4?

Mario might not even get 20 tackles and 5 sacks this year.

im thinking his relationship with Ryan is in the toilet and he's mailed it in... knows he's getting cut so why add the mileage when he doesn't have to. He can find another team during the offseason to throw another $30 million or so his way.

in the meantime... the day after Mario "Super Fool's Gold" is cut, I'll be taking role call prior to you all lining up to kiss my ass.

Joe Fo Sho
11-24-2015, 06:44 AM

No apparent injury?

He left the Pats game because of a foot injury and he only played 1 snap in last weeks Jets game due to an illness.

coastal
11-24-2015, 07:54 AM
No apparent injury?

He left the Pats game because of a foot injury and he only played 1 snap in last weeks Jets game due to an illness.
Foot injury... lol!

you think he'll have a mystery surgery this week to fix it?

Historian
11-24-2015, 08:05 AM
I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but the only time I ever saw an ball player sit out a game for illness, was Bruce Smith with the flu, (against the Steelers if memory serves) and Elway with diarrhea.

Why us, Lord?

Joe Fo Sho
11-24-2015, 08:13 AM
Foot injury... lol!

you think he'll have a mystery surgery this week to fix it?

Don't get all butt hurt about it, I was just pointing out that he had an injury that was apparent to everyone but you.

Ginger Vitis
11-24-2015, 08:15 AM
Williams has been dogging it... It was him that Ryan was pissed off at on the TD score at the end of the 1st half... don't see any restructuring being one he will get cut

coastal
11-24-2015, 02:09 PM
I wonder if Mario blares Adelle on his car radio when her song come on... I'm betting yes.

stuckincincy
11-24-2015, 02:30 PM
Williams has been dogging it... It was him that Ryan was pissed off at on the TD score at the end of the 1st half... don't see any restructuring being one he will get cut

I think they will have to shop him around in the off-season, looking to defray owed money. His cap hit will persist like a severe case of scabies. They are also going to get their cap throats slit with Hughes and Gilmore and Dareus and Clay.

Their FA signings of McCoy and Clay was financially dumb. Their re-upping terms for Dareus was insane. They have a dopey FO.

Owen DeBoard
11-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Im wondering if Rex pulled Mario out of the game because he didn't do what Rex wanted him to peel off and cover the RB on the first Pats TD. I don't remember seeing him limping off the field. Mario has been vocal about rushing the passer and you could tell Rex was pissed about that play. Mario did hesitate on that play and decided to rush the passer. Just an observation.

Blondie
11-24-2015, 06:50 PM
No apparent injury?

I wonder if he has more piggy fungus going on??

I was googling Mario Williams and came across this gem of a factoid...

Apparently Mario had some fungal piggies back in his Houston Days so had to have a hardcore pedicure to rectify so he could get back in the field.

somethings, you just can't make up...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-06-07-notebooks_x.htm

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2015, 06:57 PM
I wonder if Mario blares Adelle on his car radio when her song come on... I'm betting yes.

Rolling in the deep. Cash

IlluminatusUIUC
11-24-2015, 08:27 PM
Im wondering if Rex pulled Mario out of the game because he didn't do what Rex wanted him to peel off and cover the RB on the first Pats TD. I don't remember seeing him limping off the field. Mario has been vocal about rushing the passer and you could tell Rex was pissed about that play. Mario did hesitate on that play and decided to rush the passer. Just an observation.

I didn't see any hesitation, Mario is charging upfield from the snap. Maybe that wasn't his assignment, but he certainly committed 100% to the rush.

Any defense that is going to big blitz needs to have excellent tackling on the back end. When we don't get it, obviously the play is going for a long way because there's no help coming. We saw it in the Giants game with that long TD up the sideline and we saw it again here. It might work if we were producing a bunch of sacks, but that's not happening either.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2015, 08:47 PM
Mario Williams only job should be rushing the passer.
How many times did Bruse Smith cover a running back or drop back into pass coverage?

justasportsfan
11-25-2015, 06:50 AM
He's done here. Rexy turned him and everyone on our DL into a bunch of linebackers.

Mahdi
11-25-2015, 08:27 AM

No he was upset with Corey Graham for not setting himself up with the proper angles pre-snap then not being able to make the key tackle.

Mahdi
11-25-2015, 08:38 AM

Rex clearly said in the post game PC that it was a huge loss for Mario to have to exit the game as he was having a great game.

coastal
11-25-2015, 10:05 AM
Rex clearly said in the post game PC that it was a huge loss for Mario to have to exit the game as he was having a great game.

Blondie
11-25-2015, 10:45 AM
So wait... Are Buffalonians turning their backs on Mario??

coastal
11-25-2015, 10:48 AM
:popcorn:

Mahdi
11-25-2015, 11:26 AM

Not sure what's funny.

Rex did say that and I agree that Mario was having a good game. Run D and rushing the passer.

coastal
11-25-2015, 12:07 PM
Not sure what's funny.

Rex did say that and I agree that Mario was having a good game. Run D and rushing the passer.
14 tackles and 3 sacks for the whole damn year.

what an unstoppable force.

justasportsfan
11-25-2015, 12:48 PM
14 tackles and 3 sacks for the whole damn year.

what an unstoppable force.

Have you noticed that everyones numbers including Hughes is down under Rex's scheme?

Blondie
11-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Have you noticed that everyones numbers including Hughes is down under Rex's scheme?

Well thank god Rex came along... Mario now has a solid excuse ;-)

swiper
11-26-2015, 08:18 AM
Well thank god Rex came along... Mario now has a solid excuse ;-)

Yep. And watch him use it to refuse to renegotiate his contract.

coastal
11-26-2015, 09:05 AM
Yep. And watch him use it to refuse to renegotiate his contract.
One can only hope... forces the Bills hand!

buh.

bye.

BertSquirtgum
11-26-2015, 09:40 PM

No

Mr. Cynical
11-27-2015, 09:00 PM

I've been pretty much in the "eh" camp after his first year here. He simply does not dominate games. Ever. And he takes about 50% of the plays off. Yeah, people say he is double teamed but I'm tired of that bs. I've watched him in games (live) just to track his efforts. And in no way can anyone tell me he doesn't coast half the time.

So for me, I'd do a heavy, heavy restructure or let him go fish elsewhere. We'll see this Sunday how much of an impact he really has given he'll be out. The challenge is Kyle is out, so the line isn't all there, but still....if they dominate the game, it goes a long way into showing how much impact he really has.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-28-2015, 06:41 AM
I've been pretty much in the "eh" camp after his first year here. He simply does not dominate games. Ever. And he takes about 50% of the plays off. Yeah, people say he is double teamed but I'm tired of that bs. I've watched him in games (live) just to track his efforts. And in no way can anyone tell me he doesn't coast half the time.

So for me, I'd do a heavy, heavy restructure or let him go fish elsewhere. We'll see this Sunday how much of an impact he really has given he'll be out. The challenge is Kyle is out, so the line isn't all there, but still....if they dominate the game, it goes a long way into showing how much impact he really has.

Im pretty sure marios out tomorrow

JohnnyGold
11-28-2015, 08:17 AM
The Buffalo Bills have the longest active playoff drought in North America, and anything that questions the status quo is met with 56 pages of vitriol.

Rex accomplished more in his first 2 years as a head coach than the Buffalo Bills have achieved in a quarter of a century, and folks want to run him out of town because he is "using the 100 million dollar man wrong".

When it's all said and done, your concession money went towards funding the Mario Williams era--with a high water mark of 9 wins and no playoff appearances. OP will get 0 credit for his stance, but the record books will show that Mario did NOTHING here. Watch the Bills go on a run with him and Kyle out for the rest of the season and play the best D they have played in 20 years...

The Bills have been bad for so long that their entire demographic (18-34 year old males) has absolutely NO knowledge of what a successful organization looks like when run right. I'll give you a hint: it doesn't tie up a quarter billion on a d line that can't get to the QB without sending in 3 extra blitzers.

swiper
11-28-2015, 09:13 AM
Wow. In all of North America.

Someone had to do a little bit of research for that stat. I'm impressed.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-28-2015, 09:17 AM
Wow. In all of North America.

Someone had to do a little bit of research for that stat. I'm impressed.

it was the Toronto blue jays until this year. Now it's us

Famous Amos
11-28-2015, 03:40 PM
The Buffalo Bills have the longest active playoff drought in North America, and anything that questions the status quo is met with 56 pages of vitriol.

Rex accomplished more in his first 2 years as a head coach than the Buffalo Bills have achieved in a quarter of a century, and folks want to run him out of town because he is "using the 100 million dollar man wrong".

When it's all said and done, your concession money went towards funding the Mario Williams era--with a high water mark of 9 wins and no playoff appearances. OP will get 0 credit for his stance, but the record books will show that Mario did NOTHING here. Watch the Bills go on a run with him and Kyle out for the rest of the season and play the best D they have played in 20 years...

The Bills have been bad for so long that their entire demographic (18-34 year old males) has absolutely NO knowledge of what a successful organization looks like when run right. I'll give you a hint: it doesn't tie up a quarter billion on a d line that can't get to the QB without sending in 3 extra blitzers.

This is how you post.
No snark, no personal shots, reasonable and concise.

MillsapsBillsFan
11-28-2015, 04:39 PM

I will say that I think Mario signaled a change off the field with finally making Buffalo an attractive free agent destination. He was the first real marquee free agent that we got here and I think that was a big step forward. Now on the field Mario did have his moments, but probably not 100 million worth. Im not quite as hard on Mario as many of those on the board are, but I do think after this season its time to renegotiate his contract and move on if he's not willing.

On your last point thats very true. I know what a successful organization is, and I know its not the Bills (though I do think they're finally taking steps in the right direction). Im 22 years old and I don't ever remember a successful Bills team (I know there have been some in my lifetime, but I was too young to remember).

coastal
11-28-2015, 08:01 PM
Of course he is.

he was done the moment he opened his mouth publicly against this coaching staff.

hes going to turn himself into a victim of a coach who mismanaged his talents and shop himself to the next highest bidder in line this coming offseason.

- - - Updated - - -

This x 100,000,000

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2015, 09:15 PM

There's been talk that he might be out for the remainder of the season. Not good.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2015, 09:24 PM
This is how you post.
No snark, no personal shots, reasonable and concise.

No way man. If you don't agree with someone's post. You have to do the Swiper and put them down until they stop posting in the thread.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2015, 09:28 PM

While I agree with your point. At the time the Bills signed Mario they needed a legit pass rusher and he fit the bill. Then, a few years down the road. Dareus turned into a monster and I think they learned their lesson when letting Pat Williams walk. You couldn't let Dareus walk after this season. I hope they rework Mario's deal. If he doesn't want to play ball, they should try to trade him or cut him if they can't find a willing partner.

coastal
11-30-2015, 05:54 AM
So he was using a scooter at OBD this week?

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2015/11/27/9806652/mario-williams-injury-foot-bills-vs-chiefs-2015-nfl-week-12

cookie G
11-30-2015, 07:54 AM

Yesterday wasn't the best defense they've played in 20 years.

Sorry, but people aren't complaining because Rex is misplaying 1 player, it is because he is misplaying the entire defense, or at the very least, the front 7.

If you want to blame one person for the defense's fall to mediocrity, we all know who that person is. He has a magnificent ego, believed the hype of his genius far too much, especially considering his defenses of the past 4 years.

If this was a first year coordinator who did this to the defense, he might not have made it through 8 games.

As far as his record..he took a team he inherited to the playoffs. Maybe we can bring Dick Jauron back, he once took the Bears to the playoffs.

Glad you woke up from your 2 year nap in time for the Rex Ryan era. What you missed...before he got here, the overpaid front 4 actually WAS getting to the QB without blitzing, and it was doing better than any team in the NFL.

That wasn't good enough for The Ego, because is wasn't being done HIS way.

When he first showed up, he said, "If I were the Bills, I wouldn't be happy being the 4th best D in the league."

I wonder if he's re-thinking that statement.

coastal
11-30-2015, 01:27 PM
Yesterday wasn't the best defense they've played in 20 years.

Sorry, but people aren't complaining because Rex is misplaying 1 player, it is because he is misplaying the entire defense, or at the very least, the front 7.

If you want to blame one person for the defense's fall to mediocrity, we all know who that person is. He has a magnificent ego, believed the hype of his genius far too much, especially considering his defenses of the past 4 years.

If this was a first year coordinator who did this to the defense, he might not have made it through 8 games.

As far as his record..he took a team he inherited to the playoffs. Maybe we can bring Dick Jauron back, he once took the Bears to the playoffs.

Glad you woke up from your 2 year nap in time for the Rex Ryan era. What you missed...before he got here, the overpaid front 4 actually WAS getting to the QB without blitzing, and it was doing better than any team in the NFL.

That wasn't good enough for The Ego, because is wasn't being done HIS way.

When he first showed up, he said, "If I were the Bills, I wouldn't be happy being the 4th best D in the league."

I wonder if he's re-thinking that statement.
Yeah... but he doesn't have the players yet to run HIS system.

TacklingDummy
12-03-2015, 08:30 PM
Is he playing this week?

Hopefully EJ plays with my return to Buffalo.

Novacane
12-13-2015, 03:57 PM
Thanks to Bradford being a moron Mario registers a sack. I made a point to watch him several plays. He's almost always blocked one on one. He rushes up field doesn't get anywhere near the QB and just stops. Not sure if that's by design or if he's just not giving it 100%. Either way I'd cut him in the offseason. Someone making 2 million can do what he's doing/being asked to do.

coastal
12-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Thanks to Bradford being a moron Mario registers a sack. I made a point to watch him several plays. He's almost always blocked one on one. He rushes up field doesn't get anywhere near the QB and just stops. Not sure if that's by design or if he's just not giving it 100%. Either way I'd cut him in the offseason. Someone making 2 million can do what he's doing/being asked to do.
He's getting paid. That's all he's doing.

13 tackles
3 assists
4 sacks

3 games to go.

Ginger Vitis
12-13-2015, 04:02 PM
or if he's just not giving it 100%.

Hes not giving 100%.. Several NFL media people have noticed and commented on it

kingJofNYC
12-13-2015, 04:03 PM
Guy is washed up. Can't wait to cut his ass. We need that money for other players.

Mr. Pink
12-13-2015, 04:05 PM
Hes not giving 100%.. Several NFL media people have noticed and commented on it

It's obvious, he checked out based on Ryan's scheme of making he, Hughes, Dareus and Kyle go out into coverage at times for really no reason. He's been vocal against the scheme, I'm guessing hoping to see some changes based on his and his linemates skill sets, didn't see any so he decided F this, I'm done.

At this point he's a detriment to the team as long as Ryan is here, so you just cut bait and move on. However you choose to cut bait, trade him for a mid round pick or just outright release him.

Novacane
12-13-2015, 04:07 PM
He's getting paid. That's all he's doing.

13 tackles
3 assists
4 sacks

3 games to go.

That is ****ing pathetic!

Ginger Vitis
12-13-2015, 04:15 PM
trade him for a mid round pick

Yep a 4th Round pick possibly... There could be a team that runs a 4-3 defense that thinks wiliaims could be still productive as a 4-3 DE not likely a probowler but 8 to 10 sacks.. His new team for sure would want to restructure the last 2 years on his deal though

Novacane
12-13-2015, 04:20 PM
I doubt any team is going to trade for that contract. Not even for a 7th.

Novacane
12-13-2015, 04:23 PM
Why would any team trade for a guy who quits when he doesn't get his way? I agree with him that Ryans use of him is stupid but you don't quit. That makes him a thief in my book. Can't wait to see him gone.

coastal
12-13-2015, 04:23 PM
You cut him and deal with the cap hit

Mr. Pink
12-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Why would any team trade for a guy who quits when he doesn't get his way? I agree with him that Ryans use of him is stupid but you don't quit. That makes him a thief in my book. Can't wait to see him gone.

A team that would want him and not want to get into a bidding war for his services.

Obviously they'd have to have a restructured deal in place to take him on but if the Bills outright release him some team will still pay him 8-10 per because he can get after the QB. This season won't be looked at him having diminished skills, it will be looked at him being utilized incorrectly.

And, he was utilized incorrectly. Rex Ryan has skills and completely neutralized his best pass rusher.

Ginger Vitis
12-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Why would any team trade for a guy who quits when he doesn't get his way?

LeGarrette Blount quit and it didnt stop Belichick from quickly grabbing him..

Ginger Vitis
12-13-2015, 04:30 PM
Yep I agree with Mr. Pink the NFL is all about schemes and scheme fit a 4-3 defense team will give Williams a chance

TacklingDummy
12-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Mario had a huge sack today.
Then Tyrod blew it.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2015, 04:49 PM
It's obvious, he checked out based on Ryan's scheme of making he, Hughes, Dareus and Kyle go out into coverage at times for really no reason. He's been vocal against the scheme, I'm guessing hoping to see some changes based on his and his linemates skill sets, didn't see any so he decided F this, I'm done.

At this point he's a detriment to the team as long as Ryan is here, so you just cut bait and move on. However you choose to cut bait, trade him for a mid round pick or just outright release him.

Agreed. But to be honest I saw this pattern even last year. He's never been a full motor guy. He always takes plays off, and seems to get his numbers when he needs his numbers. But after signing a $100M contract, I think his tendency to slack got a major case of Haynesworth-itis. I agree - cut him/trade him - whatever - but get rid of his baggage. It's not like he's irreplaceable at likely 1/3 the cost.

kingJofNYC
12-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Mario has feasted on poor/mediocre RTs, if you look at his productivity per rush, not good.

swiper
12-20-2015, 08:16 AM
BREAKING: Unhappy Mario Williams could be finished in Buffalo (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000604818/article/unhappy-mario-williams-could-be-finished-in-buffalo?campaign=Twitter_atn)

Whatever you think about Williams, no one can disagree the Bills coaches (read Rex Ryan) did his level best to make Williams look invisible this year.

coastal
12-20-2015, 08:27 AM
3 years... a handful of games last year that were decent.

outside of that... exactly what I've said all along

Fool's Gold

coastal
12-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Btw... just read on Facebook that he missed team meetings this week and told OBD that he was sick.

i still think his wrist surgery during the bye week from season 1 of Fool's Gold was made up by Mario to avoid accountability for his lack of production to that point.

hes a total scammer.... all the talent in the world and all he's doing is collecting pay checks.

HOF my ass!

mdcas22
12-20-2015, 09:24 AM
http://i.nflcdn.com/static/site/7.3/img/logos/watermarks/BUF.gif
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/static/img/fantasy/transparent/200x200/WIL431243.png
Mario Williams #94 DE
Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) | Official Team Site (http://www.buffalobills.com/)
Height: 6-6 Weight: 292 Age: 30
Born: 1/31/1985 Richlands , NC
College: North Carolina State
Experience: 10th season
High School: Richlands HS [NC]

TCKL

SCK

FF

INT
--

Profile (http://www.nfl.com/player/mariowilliams/2495982/profile)
Career Stats (http://www.nfl.com/player/mariowilliams/2495982/careerstats)
Game Logs (http://www.nfl.com/player/mariowilliams/2495982/gamelogs)
Game Splits (http://www.nfl.com/player/mariowilliams/2495982/gamesplits)
Situational Stats (http://www.nfl.com/player/mariowilliams/2495982/situationalstats)
Combine (http://www.nfl.com/player/mariowilliams/2495982/combine)

<thead>

DEFENSIVE

Tackles

Interceptions

Year
Team
G
Comb
Total
Ast
Sck
SFTY
PDef
Int
TDs
Yds
Avg
Lng

</thead><tbody>
Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF)
--
--
--
--
--

--
--
--
--
--

--
--
--
--
--

--
--
--
--
--

Houston Texans (http://www.nfl.com/teams/houstontexans/profile?team=HOU)
--
--
--
--
--

--
--
--
--
--

--
--
--
--
--

--
--
--
--
--

--
--
--
--

--
--
--
--
--

TOTAL
--

</tbody>

http://i.nflcdn.com/static/site/7.3/img/players/player-stats-wrapper-foot-bg.png

this is Mario's worst year since he came into the league, too many productive years to say he has been a scammer. I'd be looking at a head coach that trying to make a old dog do new tricks and Rex has a large Ego too boot. although I think Mario gets cut because of money it won't be the end of his career. someone will snatch him up for around 8-10 million a year and get a steal. the bills can't replace him for that.

kingJofNYC
12-20-2015, 10:46 AM
Someone post the picture of Sproles blocking him 1 on 1 last week. Bubububu double teams. His efficiency is ****, he feasts on bums, and can't even do that this year.

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2015, 12:20 PM
Fork. Done. Cut him.

coastal
12-20-2015, 03:39 PM
Lol...

1/2 tackle.

Novacane
12-20-2015, 03:41 PM
The jerk is a quitter. Cut him now. Don't wait for the off-season.

Blondie
12-20-2015, 04:09 PM
He had a 1/2 of a tackle ....

That is awesome ... Someone QUICK sign him for double what the BILLS did...

Lol ... There has to be a team that is more stupid than the BILLS!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

coastal
12-20-2015, 04:20 PM
16 years

Novacane
12-20-2015, 04:31 PM
... There has to be a team that is more stupid than the BILLS!!

Nope!

pmoon6
12-20-2015, 05:48 PM
We have Burns and Allen here.

Funny that they love to rub salt when they don't even watch the games or know what they're talking about.

coastal
12-20-2015, 06:19 PM
We have Burns and Allen here.

Funny that they love to rub salt when they don't even watch the games or know what they're talking about.
I'm the only that knew what he was talking about since the idea of signing this sack of sh1t came up.

pmoon6
12-21-2015, 02:50 AM
I'm the only that knew what he was talking about since the idea of signing this sack of sh1t came up.That's opinion. The last two years, he played well, even made the Pro Bowl.

This year he's been less than good, but you, with the help of Gracie, troll the board to pimp your supposed football knowledge.

Even you admitted last year that you were mistaken, but now a flip flop. It's sorta entertaining, but your ego overrides the fact that Williams was a good player for us before this year. No worries, Mario will be cut in the off season and then the Buffalo "Faithful" can ***** about his replacement.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-24-2015, 07:51 PM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/any-given-sunday/2015/any-given-sunday-redskins-over-bills

And a big part of that vanishing pass rush -- certainly the biggest part on Sunday at the very least -- has been a big dropoff in performance from Mario Williams (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/17217/mario-williams), the team's most talented pass rusher. When the curmudgeon Doug Marrone was replaced by the ultimate players' coach in Ryan, it would have seemed somewhere between implausible and impossible to think that not only would Williams' motor fail to rev faster this season, but it would come very close to turning off completely.

On Sunday, Williams looked very much like he was barely trying. About halfway through the first quarter, I started just watching No. 94 on every Washington play. He seemed very happy on almost every passing attempt to end up 8 to 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage, getting no closer to Kirk Cousins (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/29722/kirk-cousins) than he had been before the snap. Williams has expressed frustration (http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/20/bills-notebook-mario-williams-does-some-venting/) with the Bills' scheme under Ryan, and appeared throughout the game to be acting out that frustration. In a different era and sport, you might have wondered if Williams was shaving points, engaging just enough to avoid drawing eyebrows on a crowded field where it's possible to avoid scrutiny.

It's difficult to be that harsh since we're never in an athlete's head -- and you never know when a player might be hurt -- but I encourage anyone who is interested to go back and watch the tape of Williams' snaps against Washington. Here are a few plays from the many where Williams might as well have just stood frozen at the line rather than going through the motions of a defensive end involved in a play, with GIFs mostly capturing what comes through clearly on the film.

Football Outsiders article puts Mario on blast.

Or as coastal calls it, "erotica."

coastal
12-24-2015, 08:49 PM
For those willing to be honest... we've watched it since he's been here.

BertSquirtgum
12-25-2015, 02:23 AM
Fool's platinum is money.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2015, 07:32 AM
Only took 3 years for this thread to be right Coastal, you must be so proud.

Since we all know Mario won't be back next year, will you start a Dareus Fools Gold or Hughes Fools Gold thread for next season?

Since they're both getting paid ridiculous amounts of money and both were just as invisible as Mario this year.

Blondie
12-26-2015, 07:47 AM

Yes, he is, and you just solidified it even more :D

Mr. Pink
12-26-2015, 07:57 AM
Yes, he is, and you just solidified it even more :D

Thing is he's gonna end up going elsewhere next year and go back to his 35 tackles 12 sack self.

So really, who's truly the Fools Gold...Mario or Sexy Rexy who neutered the entire D-line, not just Mario.

Blondie
12-26-2015, 09:31 AM
Thing is he's gonna end up going elsewhere next year and go back to his 35 tackles 12 sack self.

So really, who's truly the Fools Gold...Mario or Sexy Rexy who neutered the entire D-line, not just Mario.

Lol .. So you honestly think that Mario is going to play that hard next year for his new team??

coastal
12-26-2015, 09:40 AM

Since we all know Mario won't be back next year, will you start a Dareus Fools Gold or Hughes Fools Gold thread for next season?

Since they're both getting paid ridiculous amounts of money and both were just as invisible as Mario this year.
No... it's taken 3 years for mouth breathers like you to figure out that I've been right all along... and you're still struggling with it..

lol.

window licker.

TacklingDummy
12-26-2015, 10:07 AM
Marcell Dareus is the real Fools Gold.

The Bills last 21 games, Tackles 43, Sacks 2.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2015, 10:34 AM
No... it's taken 3 years for mouth breathers like you to figure out that I've been right all along... and you're still struggling with it..

lol.

window licker.

Yeah, the guy was only a first team All-Pro last year, second team All-Pro 2 years ago and a pro-bowler both years. But you were right all along.

Lucky for you, Jabaal Sheard has actually shown up this year since he was your go back in time alternative plan to Mario Williams. :up:

But really, you're gonna bag on Mario for his 13 tackle 4 sack season, why not add Dareus and his 33 tackle 2 sack season or Jerry Hughes and his 34 tackle 5 sack season? Or Kyle Williams 6 tackle 1 sack in 6 games season?

The entire defensive line this year has been hot garbage and all suck equally.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-26-2015, 10:41 AM
Yeah, the guy was only a first team All-Pro last year, second team All-Pro 2 years ago and a pro-bowler both years. But you were right all along.

Lucky for you, Jabaal Sheard has actually shown up this year since he was your go back in time alternative plan to Mario Williams. :up:

But really, you're gonna bag on Mario for his 13 tackle 4 sack season, why not add Dareus and his 33 tackle 2 sack season or Jerry Hughes and his 34 tackle 5 sack season? Or Kyle Williams 6 tackle 1 sack in 6 games season?

The entire defensive line this year has been hot garbage and all suck equally.

When it comes to this topic, there is no sense using logic with coastal. Just quit.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2015, 10:42 AM
When it comes to this topic, there is no sense using logic with coastal. Just quit.

I wonder how he's gonna feel when Mario ends up in the Hall of Fame.

BertSquirtgum
12-26-2015, 11:31 AM
Lol .. So you honestly think that Mario is going to play that hard next year for his new team??

No. I think he'll play hard for the Bills.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2015, 11:44 AM

That's about what he does on average...so he'll go back to being the exact player he was when he's back in a system that actually allows him to perform.

His 16 game average comes to 34 tackles and 10.5 sacks...even with factoring in this craptastic season...

So really how is it funny or that much of a stretch?

HHURRICANE
12-26-2015, 12:37 PM
Rex was a bad hire unless the Pegulas wanted the defense dismantled.

Nobody signed up for this as a fan. The fact that there were no d players in the pro bowl sums it up.

coastal
12-26-2015, 01:47 PM

Novacane
12-26-2015, 01:50 PM

Zero chance of that happening.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2015, 02:34 PM
Zero chance of that happening.

See you say that and Coastal laughs but look at the numbers and look at guys who've put up similar numbers...

4 more seasons of his average production of 10.5 sacks and 34 tackles puts his numbers equal to guys like John Randle, Julius Peppers, Jason Taylor, Jared Allen, Neil Smith, Richard Dent, John Abraham. A couple of those guys already are HOFers and the rest likely will follow suit.

Will Mario ever reach Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Michael Strahan numbers? No. But neither were those guys I listed above in that class either.

So, since I feel you'll realistically give a response instead of resorting to insults and laughing it off, what distinguishes the difference from Mario to say John Abraham?

coastal
12-26-2015, 02:42 PM
Because he's a butt ****ing quitter who is the type of player who plays the game for the pay check.

And anyone with a brain and a set of eyes can see it.

dont believe me... look up his advanced stats metrics.

One other poster here has more than hinted at it.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Because he's a butt ****ing quitter who is the type of player who plays the game for the pay check.

And anyone with a brain and a set of eyes can see it.

dont believe me... look up his advanced stats metrics.

One other poster here has more than hinted at it.

Oh you mean like Cris Carter, who forced his way out of Philly, exercised an out clause to leave Minnesota? Or a guy like T.O. who wore out his welcome at every stop? Or maybe Randy Moss? Or Eric Dickerson who involved the Rams in two years worth of contract disputes til he was finally moved to Indy where he had more contract disputes and got suspended so they moved him to LA? Or Deion Sanders who was more concerned about building his own personal brand while going from team to team to acquire the most dollars he could? Or John Elway who refused to play for the team that drafted him and decided to try out some minor league baseball before being traded out of Baltimore? Or hell let's stay Bills related on this, Jim Kelly who didn't even want to come to Buffalo in the first place and was able to take more money to go play in the USFL?

All of those guys are HOFers who played the game for their paychecks and own personal reasons, not the team. Owens and Moss aren't yet but they will both join the rest.

Blondie
12-26-2015, 03:52 PM
See you say that and Coastal laughs but look at the numbers and look at guys who've put up similar numbers...

4 more seasons of his average production of 10.5 sacks and 34 tackles puts his numbers equal to guys like John Randle, Julius Peppers, Jason Taylor, Jared Allen, Neil Smith, Richard Dent, John Abraham. A couple of those guys already are HOFers and the rest likely will follow suit.

Will Mario ever reach Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Michael Strahan numbers? No. But neither were those guys I listed above in that class either.

So, since I feel you'll realistically give a response instead of resorting to insults and laughing it off, what distinguishes the difference from Mario to say John Abraham?

So how much did Reggie White, Bruce Smith and Michael Strahan make?? Were they too paid the same as Mario?

Ginger Vitis
12-26-2015, 04:01 PM
So how much did Reggie White, Bruce Smith and Michael Strahan make?? Were they too paid the same as Mario?

Seriously? Do you not understand the concept of free agency and that as time goes on players get paid more and more

YardRat
12-26-2015, 05:06 PM
Reggie White and Bruce Smith were both, in their times, the highest paid defensive players in the league...same as Mario.

The real Fool's Gold moniker belongs to Shady McCoy, Charles Clay, Percy Harvin and Tyrod Taylor.

coastal
12-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Oh you mean like Cris Carter, who forced his way out of Philly, exercised an out clause to leave Minnesota? Or a guy like T.O. who wore out his welcome at every stop? Or maybe Randy Moss? Or Eric Dickerson who involved the Rams in two years worth of contract disputes til he was finally moved to Indy where he had more contract disputes and got suspended so they moved him to LA? Or Deion Sanders who was more concerned about building his own personal brand while going from team to team to acquire the most dollars he could? Or John Elway who refused to play for the team that drafted him and decided to try out some minor league baseball before being traded out of Baltimore? Or hell let's stay Bills related on this, Jim Kelly who didn't even want to come to Buffalo in the first place and was able to take more money to go play in the USFL?

All of those guys are HOFers who played the game for their paychecks and own personal reasons, not the team. Owens and Moss aren't yet but they will both join the rest.the fact you're even mentioning these players in this thread is proof enough of your troll status.

your anagrams are showing.

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2015, 06:01 PM
He's gone next year so we won't have to keep :deadhorse:

pmoon6
12-27-2015, 06:09 AM
So how much did Reggie White, Bruce Smith and Michael Strahan make?? Were they too paid the same as Mario?That's a non sequitur, Gracie.

Money has nothing to do with a players accomplishments. A player gets whatever the market will bear and what a team is willing to pay for his services.

The Bills needed a pass rusher in the worst way when Williams hit free agency. He was the best available and lived up to that billing the last two years.

Your husband, Georgie, admitted at the end of last year, that he was wrong about Mario. Now he takes Mario's poor season as a reason to resurrect his original objections. The thing is lots of players have had poor seasons. Lawrence Taylor comes to mind. Exactly how many sacks did the greatest pass rushing LBer have in Super Bowl 25?

Answer: zero.

coastal
12-27-2015, 06:42 AM
That's a non sequitur, Gracie.

Money has nothing to do with a players accomplishments. A player gets whatever the market will bear and what a team is willing to pay for his services.

The Bills needed a pass rusher in the worst way when Williams hit free agency. He was the best available and lived up to that billing the last two years.

Your husband, Georgie, admitted at the end of last year, that he was wrong about Mario. Now he takes Mario's poor season as a reason to resurrect his original objections. The thing is lots of players have had poor seasons. Lawrence Taylor comes to mind. Exactly how many sacks did the greatest pass rushing LBer have in Super Bowl 25?

Answer: zero.another mouth breather comparing Mario "Super Fool's Gold" Williams to this time...

... drum roll please...

Lawrence Taylor!?!?!!!

Mr. Pink
12-27-2015, 08:34 AM
the fact you're even mentioning these players in this thread is proof enough of your troll status.

your anagrams are showing.

Yes the fact that I mention that other guys who have flat out quit on teams and were me first show me the money players yet still made the HOF anyway proves I'm a troll. Oh wait, it proves your premise wrong.

You've got about 3 more months to bang on this dead horse, enjoy it!

pmoon6
12-27-2015, 12:33 PM
another mouth breather comparing Mario "Super Fool's Gold" Williams to this time...

... drum roll please...

Lawrence Taylor!?!?!!!

:rofl:Well, you're an idiot if you think that was a comparison.

Of course, don't let anything like reading comprehension stand in the way of your fun.

coastal
12-27-2015, 01:10 PM
Well, you're an idiot if you think that was a comparison.

Of course, don't let anything like reading comprehension stand in the way of your fun.
I'm not the one who brought him or any of the legends of the game into this discussion.

you mouth breathers did.

now if you guys want to pimp a guy who faked wrist surgery, misses team meetings because he's "sick", and openly calls out his head coach destroying a lockeroom before it can even have a chance to form... well I certainly can't stop you.

but those of who who know who real competitors are... well we just happen to know better than you.

BertSquirtgum
12-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Can't wait to read this thread all of next year when he's still on the team.

coastal
12-27-2015, 01:35 PM
Can't wait to read this thread all of next year when he's still on the team.
And welcome to another year of not making the playoffs again.

coastal
12-27-2015, 02:27 PM
One more game in and one to go for the 2015 incarnation of Mario "Super Fool's Gold" Williams.

13 tackles
4 assists
4 sacks

would it be fair to sue him for this year's salary back the same way he had to sue his ex-fiancé to get the $1,000,000 engagement ring back?

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2015, 02:35 PM
One more game in and one to go for the 2015 incarnation of Mario "Super Fool's Gold" Williams.

13 tackles
4 assists
4 sacks

would it be fair to sue him for this year's salary back the same way he had to sue his ex-fiancé to get the $1,000,000 engagement ring back?

Anyone who says Mario is anything other than a huge disappointment this year is an idiot and a Coastal hater.

pmoon6
12-27-2015, 02:41 PM
I'm not the one who brought him or any of the legends of the game into this discussion.

you mouth breathers did.

now if you guys want to pimp a guy who faked wrist surgery, misses team meetings because he's "sick", and openly calls out his head coach destroying a lockeroom before it can even have a chance to form... well I certainly can't stop you.

but those of who who know who real competitors are... well we just happen to know better than you.I used Taylor as an example that ANYONE can have a down year. Cornelius Bennett had a couple as well.

Look man, Mario was terrible this year and I'm not really defending him. Just pointing out statements made by Gracie and some others are pretty dumb in general, like how much money a player makes. You can point to hundreds of players that signed big FA contracts that were not worth what they were paid, but that doesn't mean they were really bad players. I guess I need to spell it out for guys like you because nuance isn't your strong suit.

Your hatred of Mario Williams borders on pathological and you are not even a fan of the team. Maybe you can take solace in your real team, the San Francisco 49ers.

They will be hell in the playoffs...

Oh wait.

How about that, Mr. I know everything about football?

pmoon6
12-27-2015, 02:42 PM
Anyone who says Mario is anything other than a huge disappointment this year is an idiot and a Coastal hater.I love Coastal, but he is being an ass about this subject and his thread that will never end until March.

The month Mario is released.

Of course, he will probably start another thread about any free agent that replaces him.

cookie G
12-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Anyone who says Mario is anything other than a huge disappointment this year is an idiot and a Coastal hater.

Today's philosophy question:

Can you be a Coastal hater AND an idiot?

I'm going to have a drink and ponder this.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-27-2015, 02:54 PM
I used Taylor as an example that ANYONE can have a down year. Cornelius Bennett had a couple as well.

Look man, Mario was terrible this year and I'm not really defending him. Just pointing out statements made by Gracie and some others are pretty dumb in general, like how much money a player makes. You can point to hundreds of players that signed big FA contracts that were not worth what they were paid, but that doesn't mean they were really bad players. I guess I need to spell it out for guys like you because nuance isn't your strong suit.

Your hatred of Mario Williams borders on pathological and you are not even a fan of the team. Maybe you can take solace in your real team, the San Francisco 49ers.

They will be hell in the playoffs...

Oh wait.

How about that, Mr. I know everything about football?

This is a giant "look at meeeeeee" thread and we are the idiots for partaking. Only took 3 years for this to be correct but whatever. He won't be on the team next year anyway. Then he'll start a Russ Brandon thread which I'll be a full and willing participant for that one as I agree with coastal completely on that subject.

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2015, 02:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_sAHh9s08

pmoon6
12-27-2015, 03:01 PM
Anyone who says Mario is anything other than a huge disappointment this year is an idiot and a Coastal hater.It's nice to see you kissing his ass.

Did he use the strawberry or coconut body wash today?

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2015, 03:03 PM
It's nice to see you kissing his ass.

Did he use the strawberry or coconut body wash today?

I mixed it 50-50 so as to keep our relationship exciting.

pmoon6
12-27-2015, 03:05 PM
I mixed it 50-50 so as to keep our relationship exciting.:rofl: Thanks for the humor.

TacklingDummy
12-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Marcell Dareus is the real Fools Gold.

The Bills last 21 games, Tackles 43, Sacks 2.

22 games
+2 more tackles (45), 1 of them 6 yards down the field.
Still just 2 sacks.

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2015, 03:06 PM
:rofl: Thanks for the humor.

Hey, I have a 3 lb octopus on the steamer almost ready so nothing can bring me down right now. One of my favourite foods.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-28-2015, 07:13 AM

Mario is a huge disappointment this year. That doesn't validate this thread, which was started only an hour or so after Williams' first game in a Bills uniform.

coastal
12-28-2015, 08:19 AM
Mario is a huge disappointment this year. That doesn't validate this thread, which was started only an hour or so after Williams' first game in a Bills uniform.
The original thread (Range) was started before Mario even flew to Buffao for a visit.

Blondie
12-28-2015, 09:58 AM

I am sure that after that drink of yours, you found yourself smiling while thinking of good ole Coastal. You want to hate him, but you just can't! He is too damn clever and cute, and he is fun to keep around ;-)

Victor7
12-28-2015, 10:39 AM
Can't this thread just die ?

You ever found yourself watching a game with THAT guy that goes ....

Its gonna be a pass ! .... the play is a run
Its gonna be a run ! ... the play is a pass
Its gonna be a pass ! ... the play is a pass and the guy's like ....... See I told you so!

Boring.

I like your Brandon work a lot more E. Lets do more of that.

trapezeus
12-28-2015, 11:07 AM
so if you can predict a player sucks, he has 2 really great seasons, one marred by injury and one because he isn't the right fit, at the end of 4 years you can say you were right all along?

sounds like most of the bills front office logic

Blondie
12-28-2015, 11:17 AM
How can the BEST turn out to not be a right fit for any team??

I thought that is what made players get the "best" title..

They can go anywhere and do above awesome plays, consistently.

Or is that just butt-talking?

Mr. Pink
12-28-2015, 11:21 AM

How did Randy Moss look in Oakland?

How did T.O. look here?

Fran Tarkenton in NY?

Even the best players aren't good fits elsewhere, for whatever reason.

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2015, 01:35 PM
How did Randy Moss look in Oakland?

How did T.O. look here?

Fran Tarkenton in NY?

Even the best players aren't good fits elsewhere, for whatever reason.

Houston let him walk for a reason. Yeah, JJ is a stud, but they knew he wasn't worth the $. I honestly think he gets cut, and has to resign for a lot less. A team would be stupid to pay him $20M a season now. Oh, wait..................

feldspar
12-28-2015, 02:40 PM

Yeah! you are talking out of your husband's butt, really, sweetheart. Kind of like a ventriloquist, aren't ya?

Mario made first-team All-Pro last year. Do you know what that means? Made the Pro Bowl the last two years for the Bills, and four times total in his career. Yet through all that time, we have to listen to your husbands same old shtick regardless of how well the man plays...even when coastal admits to not even watching the games. You don't watch the games, and you certainly are talking out of somebody's ass.

**** the two of yous. It's called trolling, and you know it.

What are you going to do next year if an when when Mario is gone?

trapezeus
12-28-2015, 02:47 PM

youre the one who got coastal all upset with Mario in the first place, according to the rumors

Mr. Pink
12-28-2015, 03:05 PM
Houston let him walk for a reason. Yeah, JJ is a stud, but they knew he wasn't worth the $. I honestly think he gets cut, and has to resign for a lot less. A team would be stupid to pay him $20M a season now. Oh, wait..................

Houston let him walk because they didn't want to pay a DE megabucks. No more, no less.

Back in the 90's did you think the Eagles didn't resign Reggie White because they thought he wasn't worth the money?

And before Coastal comes out of the woodwork saying I'm comparing Williams to White, I already stated a page or so back that Mario wasn't at Reggie's tier.

Free agent, being what it is, isn't an indication on what a former team thinks of a players performance capabilities.

cookie G
12-28-2015, 03:33 PM
I am sure that after that drink of yours, you found yourself smiling while thinking of good ole Coastal. You want to hate him, but you just can't! He is too damn clever and cute, and he is fun to keep around ;-)

Well I do keep a picture of him on my nightstand, so it is the last thing I see before I close my eyes at night.

Today's question:

If Coastal falls in the forest, does Chickie make a sound?

Blondie
12-28-2015, 04:02 PM
Well I do keep a picture of him on my nightstand, so it is the last thing I see before I close my eyes at night.

Today's question:

If Coastal falls in the forest, does Chickie make a sound?

I wouldn't make a sound, but coastal would :D

Blondie
12-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Yeah! you are talking out of your husband's butt, really, sweetheart. Kind of like a ventriloquist, aren't ya?

Mario made first-team All-Pro last year. Do you know what that means? Made the Pro Bowl the last two years for the Bills, and four times total in his career. Yet through all that time, we have to listen to your husbands same old shtick regardless of how well the man plays...even when coastal admits to not even watching the games. You don't watch the games, and you certainly are talking out of somebody's ass.

**** the two of yous. It's called trolling, and you know it.

What are you going to do next year if an when when Mario is gone?

I do know that "Super Mario" isn't so super... look his best years will always be at Houston. He was an average, mediocre player for the BILLS. It sucks for yall because you just can't seem to get all the right players at the right time to even make it to the playoffs, sadly. I would just think that the BILLS could spend their money a lot more wisely than on blowing it all on some mediocre DE, who finds ever excuse in the world to blame someone else for his lack of effort on the field.

One day your team will make it to the playoffs again, just KEEP BELIEVING :D

chernobylwraiths
12-28-2015, 05:43 PM
I do know that "Super Mario" isn't so super... look his best years will always be at Houston. He was an average, mediocre player for the BILLS. It sucks for yall because you just can't seem to get all the right players at the right time to even make it to the playoffs, sadly. I would just think that the BILLS could spend their money a lot more wisely than on blowing it all on some mediocre DE, who finds ever excuse in the world to blame someone else for his lack of effort on the field.

I don't want to do the "girls don't know football" crap, but in this case, please leave the stupid statements regarding Mario Williams to your husband.

No, he isn't super, but has been VERY good at times for this team, just not this year. He is FAR from mediocre. He doesn't deserve the salary, but that can be said about a lot of players, CEOs, GMs, actors, etc. The best years statement can even be debated, especially since his best sack year was here.

Also, "fools gold" is worthless. Mario is not "worthless".

Just stupid talk.

feldspar
12-28-2015, 06:01 PM

So...

It's not your team, and you don't watch the games, just like your hubby. Right?

I'm pretty sure that you don't know what it means to be a first-team All-Pro. You've already illustrated that.

So WTF are you doing in this thread? You don't even know what the **** you are talking about, clearly. If you want to troll, at least have some sort of frame of reference besides your idiot other half.

Blondie
12-28-2015, 06:19 PM
Yay, I don't know what it means to be an All-Pro ...

Please Warren Sapp was an All Pro and a Hall of Famer.. I still think he is a POS too ...

I don't have to watch EVERY game to know whether or not a player is or isn't worthy of the salary Mario "All Pro Super Mario" Williams is worth... He isn't worth the amount the BILLS signed him for.

He has played it safe, to have little no to injury so he doesn't have to waste all those millions on the medical bills he will be seeing post his NFL career..

What's funny is you asshats can't even be honest about the kind of player Mario is, yet have the nerve to assume I don't even know what an All-Pro player is ..

Bwahahahahaha...

Who really are the trolls??

coastal
12-28-2015, 06:20 PM
one marred by injury
You mean the one where he faked wrist surgery?

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2015, 07:52 PM
Houston let him walk because they didn't want to pay a DE megabucks. No more, no less.

Back in the 90's did you think the Eagles didn't resign Reggie White because they thought he wasn't worth the money?

And before Coastal comes out of the woodwork saying I'm comparing Williams to White, I already stated a page or so back that Mario wasn't at Reggie's tier.

Free agent, being what it is, isn't an indication on what a former team thinks of a players performance capabilities.

They didn't want to pay him because he wasn't worth it. The Bills brain trust decided he was, and it's clear it was a mistake.

Not arguing that some teams have difficult choices to make, even with players they want to keep. But let's be honest - if you're $100M good, then that team is gonna figure out a way. Those kinds of players don't grow on trees. So, they felt JJ was worth it and paid him instead.

stuckincincy
12-28-2015, 08:12 PM
If you take Mario's pay this season and divide it by those 17 combined tackles this year, he has got almost 1.2 million dollars per stop.

Holy income inequality, Batman! :yle:

Turf
12-28-2015, 08:42 PM
Rex is Fools Gold. I saw Darius at over 300LBS drop into coverage again. The team has quite on his stupid approach.

BertSquirtgum
12-28-2015, 09:19 PM
Fools Coastal

feldspar
12-28-2015, 10:13 PM
Yay, I don't know what it means to be an All-Pro ...

Please Warren Sapp was an All Pro and a Hall of Famer.. I still think he is a POS too ...

I don't have to watch EVERY game to know whether or not a player is or isn't worthy of the salary Mario "All Pro Super Mario" Williams is worth... He isn't worth the amount the BILLS signed him for.

He has played it safe, to have little no to injury so he doesn't have to waste all those millions on the medical bills he will be seeing post his NFL career..

What's funny is you asshats can't even be honest about the kind of player Mario is, yet have the nerve to assume I don't even know what an All-Pro player is ..

Bwahahahahaha...

Who really are the trolls??

YOU and your idiot husband are the trolls...no, really.

Why the personal vendetta against Mario? I made a point that you chose to ignore. I asked an innocuous question that you chose ignore. It's the same garbage from you two no matter how well Mario plays is the point. You have to have a GREAT year to make first-team ALL-PRO...pretty much top two at your position. But hey, you know that already, don't you? If you know that, you must also know that looking at the stat sheet will not tell you what happened. How many Bills games have you actually watched? Are you even a fan?

What the hell does Warren Sapp being a douchebag have to do with anything?

What's it to you how much money Mario makes? Is it really worth 61 pages to say that he's overpaid? I don't think too many people would even argue with that premise, which is the irony of the whole thing. That's how much he cost, though. What are you and your idiot husband going to do when Mario is off the team?

IlluminatusUIUC
12-29-2015, 01:17 PM

That, and they were moving into a 3-4 where he wasn't a natural fit and still isn't.

pmoon6
12-30-2015, 03:25 AM
YOU and your idiot husband are the trolls...no, really.

Why the personal vendetta against Mario? I made a point that you chose to ignore. I asked an innocuous question that you chose ignore. It's the same garbage from you two no matter how well Mario plays is the point. You have to have a GREAT year to make first-team ALL-PRO...pretty much top two at your position. But hey, you know that already, don't you? If you know that, you must also know that looking at the stat sheet will not tell you what happened. How many Bills games have you actually watched? Are you even a fan?

What the hell does Warren Sapp being a douchebag have to do with anything?

What's it to you how much money Mario makes? Is it really worth 61 pages to say that he's overpaid? I don't think too many people would even argue with that premise, which is the irony of the whole thing. That's how much he cost, though. What are you and your idiot husband going to do when Mario is off the team?Mario Williams could have a 10 sack game and Blondie and Coastal would get on here and say "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn even once in a while".

They don't like the Bills anyway so there's that.

Blondie
12-30-2015, 08:15 PM
Mario Williams could have a 10 sack game and Blondie and Coastal would get on here and say "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn even once in a while".

They don't like the Bills anyway so there's that.

I actually like the BILLS, not as much as my BUCS (Well maybe this year)

Quit being a hater and keeping this thread going!

swiper
12-30-2015, 08:28 PM
http://www.footballinsiders.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/MWilliamsfeetHands.gif

PuntKicker
12-30-2015, 10:49 PM
I didn't care to read this whole thread. Nobody can argue that Mario's play wasn't disappointing this year, regardless of Rex and Thurman's schemes...even if he made half of what he makes. What I wonder is if anyone mentioned his apparent attitude this season? Sure a player can be angry at the schemes, but with that much talent and salary I'd still expect a much less pathetic effort. I'd love if Mario and Rex both could have a change of heart.

coastal
01-02-2016, 06:49 AM
Dear Zoners,

I hereby make this solemn promise to each and everyone of you... the moment Mario Williams is cut, I will never post in this thread again. Why you may ask... well quite simply because it will be done. This loser of a "football player" will no longer be a part of the team I love. As such... who cares wtf he is doing or what he's done. It will be time to move on.

All along my point has been that The signing of Mario Williams to the highest defensive player contract in the history of the NFL to a guy that was providing diminishing returns year upon year was not a wise move. Not just that... but once Mario was in town he was saying things like "I'm not here to be a leader."

Those were huge red flags.

in three years here, Schwartz was able to get one "decent" year out of him... but if everyone is truly being honest... he took games off that year... not just plays... but games.

And now this quote from a teammate...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/01/unnamed-of-course-bill-mario-williams-has-totally-checked-out/

“It’s been clear to me that Mario doesn’t care about anybody but himself,” the teammate said. “He followed that up by not giving any effort during the season and complaining about the scheme instead of manning up and saying he played like crap and doesn’t care.”

the only thing I ask as the book on Mario "Super Fool's Gold" Williams comes to an end, is for everyone to see him for what he was and is... a super talented DE who is a career pay check collector... not a warrior... and certainly not a HOF DE ala Deacon Jones, Bruce Smith, and Reggie White.

For as difficult as it is for some of you to admit due to how shiny he may seem... he is what I've said from the beginning...

Fool's Gold.

tide out.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Dear Zoners,

I hereby make this solemn promise to each and everyone of you... the moment Mario Williams is cut, I will never post in this thread again. Why you may ask... well quite simply because it will be done. This loser of a "football player" will no longer be a part of the team I love. As such... who cares wtf he is doing or what he's done. It will be time to move on.

All along my point has been that The signing of Mario Williams to the highest defensive player contract in the history of the NFL to a guy that was providing diminishing returns year upon year was not a wise move. Not just that... but once Mario was in town he was saying things like "I'm not here to be a leader."

Those were huge red flags.

in three years here, Schwartz was able to get one "decent" year out of him... but if everyone is truly being honest... he took games off that year... not just plays... but games.

And now this quote from a teammate...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/01/unnamed-of-course-bill-mario-williams-has-totally-checked-out/

“It’s been clear to me that Mario doesn’t care about anybody but himself,” the teammate said. “He followed that up by not giving any effort during the season and complaining about the scheme instead of manning up and saying he played like crap and doesn’t care.”

the only thing I ask as the book on Mario "Super Fool's Gold" Williams comes to an end, is for everyone to see him for what he was and is... a super talented DE who is a career pay check collector... not a warrior... and certainly not a HOF DE ala Deacon Jones, Bruce Smith, and Reggie White.

For as difficult as it is for some of you to admit due to how shiny he may seem... he is what I've said from the beginning...

Fool's Gold.

tide out.

As difficult as it might seem for you. The term "fools gold" is what bothers people like me. Since fools gold is worthless all the time and will ever amount to anything. You even say that he showed up at times. So, how can something so worthless be so good at times.

I will go so far as to say that one of the questions about him from the beginning was his work ethic and how he takes plays off. I will never say that he took games off, but I don't feel he as motivated an individual as I would have liked and there were large stretches of games and weeks where he did not seem to be motivated. That is difficult to fathom for an average individual when that kind of money is on the line. And isn't it all about that? The money? In the end, I don't care how much they paid him or what they could have gotten instead. They got the best player on the market at his position (pass rusher) on the market and at the time, it wasn't something that the Bills had ever done before. I liked the move and will look forward to the Bills being a player for free agents in the future. From that perspective, now free agents know the Bills will pay to get people and free agents will think about coming here. So, it is good from that perspective as well.

I'm sorry it didn't work out. I hope that his release will get more people to buy into the system and they can get more players that will help with that as well.

feldspar
01-02-2016, 09:16 AM
This thread had always been about one thing: coastal.

That's what this thread is about.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2016, 09:18 AM
I hate the fact that you can't edit after several minutes. Instead of ever, I meant never.

coastal
01-02-2016, 09:27 AM
now free agents know the Bills will pay to get people and free agents will think about coming here. So, it is good from that perspective as well.
So it's good free agents will know hey can get paid a ridiculous amount of money to come here and not be a leader?

16 years

coastal
01-02-2016, 09:30 AM
This thread had always been about one thing: coastal.

That's what this thread is about.
I'm better at the interwebs message board thing than u... but I give you borderline B-list status... so you got that going for u.

YardRat
01-02-2016, 09:34 AM
So I can lock this thread when he gets released?

feldspar
01-02-2016, 09:42 AM
I'm better at the interwebs message board thing than u...

I wouldn't be particularly proud of that.

I bet you knock 'em dead being a major douchebag in the comments section on YouTube as well. That right there takes major talent.

I bet you think you're famous too, don't ya, dip****?

Joe Fo Sho
01-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Remember when Coastal thought that signing Mark Anderson was a good signing but Mario was not? This was a fun little conversation that he and I had when this awful thread was still on page 3. It shows his great use of the English language and debate skills while arguing his point.

Anderson was a good signing.

Why did you say that signing Anderson was a good signing and Mario wasn't?

Because I'm smart.

Next.

Mark Anderson's 1 sack for the Bills in all 5 games he played was surely more significant than Mario's 42 sacks in 4 years while starting every game but 1.

coastal
01-02-2016, 09:49 AM
So I can lock this thread when he gets released?
You have my consent...

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't be particularly proud of that.

I bet you knock 'em dead being a major douchebag in the comments section on YouTube as well. That right there takes major talent.

I bet you think you're famous too, don't ya, dip****?back to the C-list with ya...

coastal
01-02-2016, 09:53 AM
Remember when Coastal thought that signing Mark Anderson was a good signing but Mario was not? This was a fun little conversation that he and I had when this awful thread was still on page 3. It shows his great use of the English language and debate skills while arguing his point.

Mark Anderson's 1 sack for the Bills in all 5 games he played was surely more significant than Mario's 42 sacks in 4 years while starting every game but 1.LOL!!!!

You care that much about this and me to be digging up crap like this in some feeble attempt to tilt the table away from me?

Anderson suffered a career ending injury.

Mario faked wrist surgery.

i win.

u dont.

loser.

SpikedLemonade
01-02-2016, 09:58 AM
I liked the idea of signing an elite FA in an attempt to make the Bills relevant again.

I did not like Mario himself. His work ethic has always been inconsistent and when a team pays you that kind of elite money, leadership is mandatory and not an option.

Joe Fo Sho
01-02-2016, 10:03 AM
LOL!!!!

You care that much about this and me to be digging up crap like this in some feeble attempt to tilt the table away from me?

i win.

u dont.

loser.

Mario has missed 1 game during his tenure in Buffalo, and it was this year. His wrist injury did not cause him to miss any games.

Our convo started on the 2nd page. It was just a foreshadowing of how ignorant your arguments were going to be during this entire thread.

Mark Anderson was on pace for 3.5 sacks when he went down with an injury. Is that HOF material for you? I mean, he was probably trying his hardest.

coastal
01-02-2016, 10:03 AM
I liked the idea of signing an elite FA in an attempt to make the Bills relevant again.

I did not like Mario himself. His work ethic has always been inconsistent and when a team pays you that kind of elite money, leadership is mandatory and not an option.
This signing was ALL Russ Brandon.

coastal
01-02-2016, 10:05 AM
Mario has missed 1 game during his tenure in Buffalo, and it was this year. His wrist injury did not cause him to miss any games.

Our convo started on the 2nd page. It was just a foreshadowing of how ignorant your arguments were going to be during this entire thread.

Mark Anderson was on pace for 3.5 sacks when he went down with an injury. Is that HOF material for you? I mean, he was probably trying his hardest.
Quit slobbering on the keyboard.

Means mArio didn't miss anytime because he didn't do anything to get himself injured... Rush outside.. Lock out with two hands on the OT... dance from side to side... amble over toward the tackle pile...

repeat.

Joe Fo Sho
01-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Quit slobbering on the keyboard.

Means mArio didn't miss anytime because he didn't do anything to get himself injured... Rush outside.. Lock out with two hands on the OT... dance from side to side... amble over toward the tackle pile...

repeat.

Eh, at least your wife agrees with you.

feldspar
01-02-2016, 10:11 AM
LOL!!!!

i win.

u dont.

loser.

What a complete and utter tool you really are.

Mario faked a wrist injury? Based on what? Where exactly do you get that information.

I remember when you claimed that the Bills feigned interest in Tyson Clabo in a devious effort to sell more tickets...TYSON CLABO! Submitted THIS as fact as well.

Joe Fo Sho
01-02-2016, 10:21 AM

Coastal - "Mario is fool's gold because his numbers have reduced every year."
Mario - Has 10.5 sacks, which is the most he's had since 2008.
Coastal - "WAHHHHH, FOOL'S GOLD!"

Mario - 13 sacks
Coastal - "BUT...GUYS!!! FOOL'S GOLD!!!"

Mario - 14.5 sacks, his career best
Coastal - "WHY IS NO ONE PAYING ATTENTION TO ME!!! FOOL'S GOLD, GUYS!!! BLONDIE, THEY'RE NOT LISTENINGGGGGGG, COME HELP!"

Mario - 4 sacks through 14 games
Coastal - "SEE, GUYS!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!"

What a loser.

coastal
01-02-2016, 12:39 PM
$100 million contract.

Biggest in franchise history.

no leadership.

no playoffs.

no gold.

Mr. Pink
01-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Don't worry give it another couple seasons and someone else will have the Brinks truck backed up to him and he'll provide no leadership, no gold and get paid even more than Mario was.

feldspar
01-02-2016, 01:32 PM
$100 million contract.

Biggest in franchise history.

no leadership.

no playoffs.

no gold.

How did he fake a wrist injury? Any actual, you know, proof?

Is this how you gauge being "good" at message boards? by trolling them?

coastal
01-02-2016, 01:44 PM
How did he fake a wrist injury?its all in the thread. Go back and read

pmoon6
01-02-2016, 01:51 PM
its all in the thread. Go back and readI don't know, Coastal. Feldspar is a very good poster in my book.

Of course, I'm on the "D List".

stuckincincy
01-02-2016, 01:57 PM
I don't know, Coastal. Feldspar is a very good poster in my book.

Of course, I'm on the "D List".

Not in my book...often attacks the poster, not the post.

pmoon6
01-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Not in my book...often attacks the poster, not the post.Do you need a tissue?

stuckincincy
01-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Do you need a tissue?

No. Seems you and him are kindred spirits...'twas you who said "in my book" and now can't deal with a response. Tut, tut, how you children like to make statements and can't deal with push back. A sign of our times, alas.