PDA

View Full Version : So who is going to play WR?

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 06:05 PM
we have two kickers
we have brad smith (hurt) and i don't know why
david nelson is going to miss some serious time and spiller won't be lining up at receiver due to freddie's injury
guys we cut have been signed by other teams

what do the ills do now?

OpIv37
09-09-2012, 06:08 PM
TJ Graham was inactive today. He definitely won't be next week. There's a start.

mrbojanglezs
09-09-2012, 06:08 PM
serious time? Nelson is done for the year bro

Night Train
09-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Isn't Easley on the practice squad ? That's 2 with Graham.

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 06:11 PM

did not know that. confirmed?

- - - Updated - - -

yes. the bills are suppose to make the playoffs this year. easley is not enough.

tampabay25690
09-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Easley and graham will step in. No choice

mrbojanglezs
09-09-2012, 06:12 PM
did not know that. confirmed?

he tore is ACL, he won't be back this year

OpIv37
09-09-2012, 06:12 PM

Easley? You mean the guy that's always hurt and couldn't make the regular squad? I mean, it's a body but I don't expect anything from him at this point.

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 06:20 PM

MRI is Monday though it doesn't look good. Not confirmed unless you have a link.

mrbojanglezs
09-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Pro Football Weekly ‏<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); ">@</s>ProFootballWkly (https://twitter.com/ProFootballWkly)
Per <s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(102, 193, 193); ">@</s>ProFootballTalk (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk), the <s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(102, 193, 193); ">#</s>Bills (https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23Bills) fear WR David Nelson tore his ACL. Chan Gailey said Nelson's injury was worse than Fred Jackson's.

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Pro Football Weekly ‏<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); ">@</s>ProFootballWkly (https://twitter.com/ProFootballWkly)
Per <s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(102, 193, 193); ">@</s>ProFootballTalk (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk), the <s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(102, 193, 193); ">#</s>Bills (https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23Bills) fear WR David Nelson tore his ACL. Chan Gailey said Nelson's injury was worse than Fred Jackson's.

not going to debate, but the "bills fear" versus "the bills confirm" is a lot different.

mrbojanglezs
09-09-2012, 06:33 PM
not going to debate, but the "bills fear" versus "the bills confirm" is a lot different.

I agree its not "confirmed" but Gailey says its worse than Fred and there is a reputable site saying its a torn ACL which I believe, so confirmed or not he is done for year

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 06:34 PM
I agree its not "confirmed" but Gailey says its worse than Fred and there is a reputable site saying its a torn ACL which I believe, so confirmed or not he is done for year

either way both are a big loss.

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 06:41 PM
if the bills are trying to win this year how about plaxico burress?

YardRat
09-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Bring back Roosevelt...keep Easley and Aiken on the PS until somebody else goes down. Next week.

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Bring back Roosevelt...keep Easley and Aiken on the PS until somebody else goes down. Next week.

roosevelt, not a bad idea. he is sure handed.

DraftBoy
09-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Some other options from other teams PS:
WR Gerrell Robinson-Size but not a ton of speed
WR Jared Green-Speed like his Dad but is very, very raw
WR Tim Benford-Versatile, can line up anywhere and run routes, similar to Donald Jones with higher upside
WR Danny Coale-Quick slot WR who is quicker than fast
WR Kris Durham-Was compared to Nelson coming out
WR Patrick Edwards-Another speed based slot option
WR Jeff Fuller-At one time was considered a first round pick, has size, and speed but mental concentration laps are hard
WR Tori Gurley-Was a little bit of a surprise cut from Packers camp, has the at size/speed combo
WR Ricardo Lockette-No player on this list (except maybe Green) can run as fast in a straight line, hands are inconsistent and routes are non-existant
WR Dale Moss-Love this kid, converted BBall player who was a slam dunk champion. Extremely raw but can run, catch, and go after the ball

I dont want Easley up because I think he honestly needs a full year of just practice to get his mind and body right. It was clear he was nowhere near the same player this year, bringing him up this year could end his career. Aiken offers nothing and Im not sure why he's on the PS, and Roosevelt while a good story does nothing to replace either of the guys we are missing. He's a slower version of Graham.

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Some other options from other teams PS:
WR Gerrell Robinson-Size but not a ton of speed
WR Jared Green-Speed like his Dad but is very, very raw
WR Tim Benford-Versatile, can line up anywhere and run routes, similar to Donald Jones with higher upside
WR Danny Coale-Quick slot WR who is quicker than fast
WR Kris Durham-Was compared to Nelson coming out
WR Patrick Edwards-Another speed based slot option
WR Jeff Fuller-At one time was considered a first round pick, has size, and speed but mental concentration laps are hard
WR Tori Gurley-Was a little bit of a surprise cut from Packers camp, has the at size/speed combo
WR Ricardo Lockette-No player on this list (except maybe Green) can run as fast in a straight line, hands are inconsistent and routes are non-existant
WR Dale Moss-Love this kid, converted BBall player who was a slam dunk champion. Extremely raw but can run, catch, and go after the ball

I dont want Easley up because I think he honestly needs a full year of just practice to get his mind and body right. It was clear he was nowhere near the same player this year, bringing him up this year could end his career. Aiken offers nothing and Im not sure why he's on the PS, and Roosevelt while a good story does nothing to replace either of the guys we are missing. He's a slower version of Graham.

i thought i knew football. i have no idea who those guys are :D

Joe Fo Sho
09-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Terrell Owens is still out there...

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Terrell Owens is still out there...

so is chad johnson.

i don't want either.

Scumbag College
09-09-2012, 07:01 PM
I think the Bills have to bring up Easley. The guy is a great athlete and has been in the system for the past few years.

At this point what do the Bills have to lose?

YardRat
09-09-2012, 07:02 PM

I think Roosevelt could work nicely from the slot.

Joe Fo Sho
09-09-2012, 07:06 PM
so is chad johnson.

i don't want either.

Me neither, just saying.

OpIv37
09-09-2012, 07:09 PM
At this point what do the Bills have to lose?

it's pathetic that this comment applies after only one game.

X-Era
09-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Stevie, Nelson, Chandler (sometimes) and thats about it.

Scumbag College
09-09-2012, 07:12 PM
it's pathetic that this comment applies after only one game.

I thought about leaving that part out of my post. But honestly, this does not look like even a remotely close to a playoff team. After 2 years on IR, why not just let the guy play as the 4th or 5th WR.

Oaf
09-09-2012, 07:12 PM
We need another Eric Moulds.

Patti120
09-09-2012, 07:14 PM
I think Nall Ball is what we really need!

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Stevie, Nelson, Chandler (sometimes) and thats about it.

dude, nelson is most likely done for the year.

kingJofNYC
09-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Doesn't even matter, Fitz is terrible. Season is a wash. Maybe we can get our **** together by 2015.

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 07:25 PM
I think Nall Ball is what we really need!

or Brohm Ball. Bring back Brian Brohm lmao!

Mr. Pink
09-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Lets go get Carlton Mitchell!!!

DBrown77
09-09-2012, 07:47 PM
i thought i knew football. i have no idea who those guys are :D

Theres a reason for that...

X-Era
09-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Lets go get Carlton Mitchell!!!
Screw that... Usain Bolt.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Doesn't even matter, Fitz is terrible. Season is a wash. Maybe we can get our **** together by 2015. Why do people seem to take for granted that this team's even going to be around in three years?

kingJofNYC
09-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Why do people seem to take for granted that this team's even going to be around in three years?

You're right. At that point we can free up our Sundays or jump on some team's bandwagon

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Why do people seem to take for granted that this team's even going to be around in three years?

again we need a groan button

OpIv37
09-09-2012, 08:36 PM
again we need a groan button

Why? For pointing out reality? Until there's a stadium lease and some guarantee about the post-Ralph ownership situation, the reality is that the team may not be here in 3 years.

CoolBreeze
09-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Roosevelt, Aiken, or Easley will be the guy. My guess would be Roosevelt.

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Why? For pointing out reality? Until there's a stadium lease and some guarantee about the post-Ralph ownership situation, the reality is that the team may not be here in 3 years.

again we need a groan button. why? because i don't want to see the bills lose the way they did and then at the same time discuss how the bills are moving to l.a.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-09-2012, 08:58 PM
again we need a groan button. why? because i don't want to see the bills lose the way they did and then at the same time discuss how the bills are moving to l.a. There's a solution to that:

Log out, and never return. Thanks.

ckg927
09-09-2012, 09:04 PM
again we need a groan button. why? because i don't want to see the bills lose the way they did and then at the same time discuss how the bills are moving to l.a.

I've said it in other places and I'll say it here: Jacksonville or San Diego would be the team more likely to move to L.A. They have much more tenuous situations than we do, and they've been in trouble for a lot longer than Buffalo has.

Bert102176
09-09-2012, 09:06 PM
exactly, ty

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 09:27 PM
There's a solution to that:

Log out, and never return. Thanks.

:limp:

- - - Updated - - -

I've said it in other places and I'll say it here: Jacksonville or San Diego would be the team more likely to move to L.A. They have much more tenuous situations than we do, and they've been in trouble for a lot longer than Buffalo has.

Yup. Maybe we should add oakland as well.

OpIv37
09-09-2012, 09:34 PM

San Diego? Maybe. Jax? No way. They don't have the fan base we do, but their stadium lease and ownership situations are much more stable than ours.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Bring in Chad Johnson.

ckg927
09-09-2012, 10:27 PM
San Diego? Maybe. Jax? No way. They don't have the fan base we do, but their stadium lease and ownership situations are much more stable than ours.

Here's the problem: When you have to tarp over large sections of your stadium...and you STILL can't sell out the place...you've got problems.

Besides, I think that area of Florida is more college football crazy than, say, NFL crazy. You've got Florida State and the U of Florida within decent-sized drives of Jacksonville. The Jags will ALWAYS be #3 in that market. There's no other way to cut it.

ckg927
09-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Bring in Chad Johnson.

F. NO.

That is all.

Besides him being a constant pub hound, he's got diminishing returns stat-wise, and has for the last few seasons.

Didn't we learn anything from the T.O. signing? Apparently not.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2012, 11:25 PM
This team needs talent at wide receiver and Chad Johnson has talent. Burress wouldn't be bad either.

DraftBoy
09-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Here's the problem: When you have to tarp over large sections of your stadium...and you STILL can't sell out the place...you've got problems.

Besides, I think that area of Florida is more college football crazy than, say, NFL crazy. You've got Florida State and the U of Florida within decent-sized drives of Jacksonville. The Jags will ALWAYS be #3 in that market. There's no other way to cut it.

Youre forgetting one big part of it...they have the most iron clad lease in the league. That team is not moving right now.

kishoph
09-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Roosevelt would be my answer to fill the slot position, doesn't need blazing speed and is sure handed.