PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

DraftBoy
09-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Somebody else usually starts this thread but its been a tradition for years here at the Zone for every game...so let's here them.

T-Long
09-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Good: CJ Spiller and his breakout game
Bad: CB play all around
Ugly: Fitzpatrick, plain and simple.

OpIv37
09-09-2012, 06:42 PM
The good: Spiller, run D.
The bad and the ugly: everything else.

YardRat
09-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Good: CJ Spiller and the oline
Bad: Defense, ST's, Injuries
Ugly: Fitzpatrick, pass rush

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Great: Spiller and Potter
Bad: Everybody who is not ugly
Ugly: Fitz, Williams (All 3), McKelvin, Gilmore, Byrd, awwwwwww screw it......the rest of the team.

Historian
09-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Good: Spiller, Chandler

Bad: Replacement Refs, Fawning overTebow.

Ugly: Fitz, Byrd, McKelvin

TacklingDummy
09-09-2012, 07:15 PM
The good: garbage time, miss tackle on Spillers long run
The bad: the cb play
The ugly: pass rush and QB play

Scumbag College
09-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Good: Donald Jones, Spiller, Bryan Scott, Chandler

Bad: CBs, Fitz

Ugly: 200 million combined salary on the defensive line and no sacks...barely any pressures. And the Jets, scoring one TD in the entire preseason putting up 2 short of 50, against the Bills "new' defense. Looks like the same bull**** we've seen the past dozen years.

X-Era
09-09-2012, 07:27 PM
And no one pointed out the sub-par LB play. If I'm crazy say so but it was pretty clear to me. Maybe watch that group a bit closer next week.

kingJofNYC
09-09-2012, 07:38 PM
And no one pointed out the sub-par LB play. If I'm crazy say so but it was pretty clear to me. Maybe watch that group a bit closer next week.

It's beating a dead horse at this point. LB play has been atrocious every since Fletcher left, Poz was good but he was surrounded with scrubs.

JoeMama
09-09-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm too bent out of shape to form a reasonable explanation for this game.

It was such an enormous failure on so many levels I don't know where to begin.

I earnestly predicted good things for this team in 2012, then they come out of the gate looking like THIS? REALLY?

I should have stuck with my usual cynicism.

DraftBoy
09-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Good: CJ Spiller and the oline
Bad: Defense, ST's, Injuries
Ugly: Fitzpatrick, pass rush

This would be my exact same picks.

DynaPaul
09-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Good: C.J. Spiller
Bad: Defensive line play, cornerbacks getting toasted, Fitz playing like a rookie
Ugly: Coaching! These guys weren't ready to play against a smash mouth team in the opener and the D made no adjustments to get pressure on the QB. Come on Wanny, get them out of the base package and be more creative.

Ingtar33
09-09-2012, 09:49 PM
the good:
-Spiller
-K. Williams
-the church service i attended rather than watching this game live
-DVR which lets me fast forward through another butt kicking

the bad:
-the defense
-the defensive coaching staff
-watching the Bills go 1-10 since changing my forum avatar to fitzpatrick

the ugly:
-the Nix era drafts
-the Gailey era bills
-knowing the season is a waste of time before the opening kickoff, for the 8th year in a row
-Fitzpatrick
-slowly losing my lifelong passion for the Buffalo Bills/Finding other things to do to keep me busy on Sunday that don't raise my blood-pressure so much

Looking at this post makes me mad... mad that this is what Bills fans have put up with for 15 years now, with no end in sight. Mad that the future of the team is in doubt, and mad that i can't really muster up the sorrow i should feel for the state of the franchise. 15 years is a long time to watch failure... and it will be longer before this turns around.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-10-2012, 05:21 AM
Somebody else usually starts this thread but its been a tradition for years here at the Zone for every game...so let's here them.

The good: CJ Spiller, the Bills second half offense after Fitz decided to stop throwing stupid interceptions
The bad: Turning the ball over 4 times and having them all result in points (3 tds and a field goal).
The ugly: The freebie on the punt return

This loss would have been acceptable if we had forced the Jets to beat us, but we helped them.

Mahdi
09-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Good: C.J. Spiller
Bad: Defensive line play, cornerbacks getting toasted, Fitz playing like a rookie
Ugly: Coaching! These guys weren't ready to play against a smash mouth team in the opener and the D made no adjustments to get pressure on the QB. Come on Wanny, get them out of the base package and be more creative.

Smashmouth team? The Jets couldn't run on us and we ran for 200 yards. The Jets weren't more physical than us if anything it was the other way around.

This game was not lost in the trenches, it was lost in the finesse and skill areas. QB, pass rushers, corners.

Mario couldn't turn the corner on a practice squad RT, KW and Dareus were not able to get into the backfield and Anderson was phased out by Ferguson. Yes I know that is technically the trenches, but when it comes to pass rushing its more of a skill set and ours didnt show. We did do well stuffing the run though so we were good in those trenches.

At CB it seemed like guys were just open right away, they were able to get separation early in their routes which made it even harder on the DL. However, even on the longer developing routes the DL didnt get there (Hill TD).

Fitz, he was just horribly inaccurate, passes were late and also behind the receiver instead of leading them (late on Revis pick, behind on Wilson pick, brain fart on Cromartie pick)

I think this will get better though, was just too bad to be reality for this team. Seemed more like we just came out thinking we were something special and forgot to actually show up.

Historian
09-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Good: We didn't get 50 camera shots of that ******* in the fire helmet.

Tasker did not call the game.

DesertFox24
09-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Good OL both run blocking and pass blocking
Bad: pass rush and pass coverage - granted jets were doing 3 step drops all day
Ugly: Fitz

Skooby
09-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Good: Kickoff coaches
Bad: Balance of the coaches
Ugly: Our marriage to untalented QB's

justasportsfan
09-10-2012, 10:02 AM
good- blah

bad- nothing bd. Everything was ugly.

Ugly. Wanny - Wanny was outsmarted.the jets went on maximun protect and designed plays for Sanchez to get the ball out quick. Just so the bills don't make the adjustments for that , they threw in Tebow to confuse the D and Wanny had no answer for that. the D just wasn't prepared and got caught flatfooted early on. Bills can't afford to get surprised or we end up having to rely on Fitz to catch up and we know the more he does, the uglier it gets. Now that Jackson is out for a while, the run game no longer has depth.

our cb's sucked. with maximum protect, you need the cb's to give the DL time to get to the qb. They didn't and got burned.

The King
09-10-2012, 10:58 AM
The Good: Since everyone says Spiller, I'll say the run D. I was very surprised at how well we played the run early on.
The Bad: The Pass Rush
The Ugly: Fitz and turn-overs. Simply no excuse.

Historian
09-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Good: My wife's home made spaghetti sauce.

imbondz
09-10-2012, 11:01 AM
we do lead the league in rushing

Night Train
09-10-2012, 11:09 AM
The good: Spiller, run D.
The bad and the ugly: everything else.

Spot on.

Chan better find a new basket and some fresh eggs.

MattyNH
09-10-2012, 11:45 AM
The one word that describes my feelings from yesterday it is “disappointment”. A feeling I am not unfamiliar with regarding the Bills over the last 12 years, there was the missed playoff appearance against the Steelers second teams, the 3 Monday night debacles, the Jauron era, a loss to Jacksonville on opening day, etc. With the signing of Mario and Anderson in the offseason, a good draft and getting some key guys back from injury there was reason for optimism. I personally was optimistic but cautiously so because I know that Mario Williams has never played in a playoff game. The DE position is important, you need a pass rush, but it will not necessarily translate to wins on its own. If Fitz could improve and assuming the D is better, they should be good right? In any event you must win your division games and for the Bills who play in a division with the Pats, the 4 games against the Jets and Fish have more importance. With the Jets appearing to be impoding this preseason and then the gift pick from Sanchez to start the game, it appeared this could be a good start to the Bills season. Unfortunately it was all downhill after that.

Anyway, I’ll try a Good Bad and Ugly analysis.

The Good:
1. C.J. Spiller. A couple of great individual efforts demonstrated his speed and quickness and ability for making big plays. We will need to see some more of this.
2. It IS only one game. I believe you are never as bad as you look or as good as you look. I would say an ass kicking like could have a more positive impact moving forward than a last second loss. Why? Because each and every person in that locker room will realize they have to dig deep, focus more, work harder and get better or this will happen every week.

The Bad:
1. Coaching: The Jets coaching staff completely schooled the Bills staff. They had an effective short passing game that did not allow the Bills to get any pass rush. Their WR’s were wide open on every play it seemed. Sanchez did not even have to be that accurate on most plays. The Jets obviously knew what was coming from the Bills offense and caused 4 turnovers.
2. Injuries. Fred is a huge loss but early reports are maybe 2-4 weeks. It appears Nelson is done for the year which sucks but this is part of the deal in the NFL. They should be able to replace him with Naaman or one of the practice squad guys who will get an opportunity to make some plays.
3. Turnovers! You will never win in the NFL losing the turnover battle. This must be corrected or it will be another 4-6 win season.
4. Defense could not get off the field: It looked like 2011 and all recent years for that matter. 3rd down, just move the darn chains, so frustrating.
5. Punt return for a TD: Not gonna win giving up those!

The Ugly:
1. Pass rush? After signing the two DE’s in the offseason, getting Kyle back from injury, Dareus going into his second year, and a new defensive philosophy it was expected the Bills would have a pass rush. They not only did not demonstrate it but they never even breathed on Sanchez. It was as bad or worse than last year! Maybe there is something to be said for the refs not calling things but I’m not interested in excuses, this line is supposed to get pressure with a 4 man rush, they did not. Time to step it up.
2. Fitz’s worst game ever. Sometimes it seems there are not words to describe something, no matter which words you choose, you cant use enough emphasis to get the point across, this is one of those times. He was SO bad. You just have to have a quality QB in the NFL. With the signing of David Lee and the work on his footwork and no longer having a rib injury we hoped he would be adequate. Instead he was atrocious! Late throws, inaccurate throws, bad reads lead to INT’s.

gebobs
09-10-2012, 11:49 AM
The good: Tebow sucked, Spillers big runs, pass protection
The bad: McKelvin, Byrd, Williams, Gilmore, Mario, Fitz, Jets on 3rd down.
The ugly: Gailey, Wannstadt, and the rest of the lousy staff, getting schooled by Sanchez...again. FJax down.