Does anyone still think this team can win with Fitz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Does anyone still think this team can win with Fitz?

I've always had the mindset that Fitz has his limitations, but I hoped he could be th "caretaker" type that could win if he had a good running game and D to support him.

Not anymore. Today was the last straw for me. The guy is simply not good enough. I predicted 9-7 for this team this year, but after watching Fitz today, I think 8-8 is the absolute ceiling and 5-11 is a hell if a lot more likely.

The guy sucks.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Does anyone still think this team can win with Fitz?

My thought has been to give him this year to show me that he deserves the starting job. I had hoped with an 'upgraded' defense that he could manage this team to make a playoff run. By the way he's going, he's going to lose my vote of confidence by week 4.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

He is what we thought he is.

He usually won't win a game for you when everything else is going wrong and he usually won't lose a game for you either.

Think Trent Dilfer... At least that's what the regime that's convinced we didn't need a 1st round QB has been saying.

Personally, I'm not **** canning the season because he stunk in one game. The rest of the team ought to be good enough to take us to the playoffs if he can just be "serviceable". But, to expect him to not provide wins also implies the rest of the team will do that job... That didn't happen today.
      Last edited by X-Era; 09-09-2012, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Does anyone still care about this season? Or the next one? Or the team?

Comment

• jdbillsfan
          • Oct 2002

He's terrible. Maybe worst starting QB in the league...

Fitz is a capable backup.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
            Really? After one game? Yeah... I still do.

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
              we need a groan button

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I'll give him a few more weeks. He did play horrid today, though.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• JoeMama
                  Emotion Sickness
                  • Oct 2002

He doesn't have "broken ribs" anymore (like was inferred down the stretch in 2011) which supposedly hindered his performance.

Today he looked hale and healthy to me.

But that didn't make him a good quarterback.

How do you graduate from Harvard if you're not sharp enough to NOT throw a pick six when there isn't a Bills player within 10 yards in any direction?

God damn it, it was hard to watch.
                  Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
                    • Aug 2012

the jets have fitz's number. i can't give up on the qb who beat the pats just yet.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                      He is what we thought he is.

He usually won't win a game for you when everything else is going wrong and he usually won't lose a game for you either.

Think Trent Dilfer... At least that's what the regime that's convinced we didn't need a 1st round QB has been saying.

Personally, I'm not **** canning the season because he stunk in one game. The rest of the team ought to be good enough to take us to the playoffs if he can just be "serviceable". But, to expect him to provide wins also implies the rest of the team will do that job... That didn't happen today.
                      But it's not one game. It's his entire career. And I didn't expect him to provide a win, but he threw 3 picks, and even his completions were either behind receivers or leading them right into hits. He has to be better than that regardless of what the rest of the team does.

And I can't put this loss solely on Fitz with the whole team playing so poorly, but we could have at least stayed in the game if he could have just avoided the INT's. That shouldnt be too much to ask, but apparently it is.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                        Really? After one game? Yeah... I still do.
                        It's not one game though.

1-14 including preseason in the last 15 games, why should I give a ****?

10 wins in the last two years and they may have just played their worst game during this 3 year stretch, just awful. It's not one game, it's a ****ing trend.
                        Last edited by kingJofNYC; 09-09-2012, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

How about the decision to put a mediocre QB in a system that asks him to throw 30+ times a game out of the spread
                          Last edited by coastal; 09-09-2012, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            But it's not one game. It's his entire career. And I didn't expect him to provide a win, but he threw 3 picks, and even his completions were either behind receivers or leading them right into hits. He has to be better than that regardless of what the rest of the team does.

And I can't put this loss solely on Fitz with the whole team playing so poorly, but we could have at least stayed in the game if he could have just avoided the INT's. That shouldnt be too much to ask, but apparently it is.
                            I don't think it's too much to ask at all. Trent Dilfer is Trent Dilfer... He also didn't stink this bad either.

This is what the Bills chose and what many fans clamored for. I'm fine with it as long as we have that top 5 defense along with an average offense. Today, our team didn't show either and Fitz showed you he will be a liability if you don't have Dilfer's Ravens team around him.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloWingEater View Post
                              the jets have fitz's number. i can't give up on the qb who beat the pats just yet.
                              Please don't make me look up the list of ****ty Dolphins QB's who managed to beat the Pats in the last decade to point out how stupid this is.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X