PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone still think this team can win with Fitz?

OpIv37
09-09-2012, 07:55 PM
I've always had the mindset that Fitz has his limitations, but I hoped he could be th "caretaker" type that could win if he had a good running game and D to support him.

Not anymore. Today was the last straw for me. The guy is simply not good enough. I predicted 9-7 for this team this year, but after watching Fitz today, I think 8-8 is the absolute ceiling and 5-11 is a hell if a lot more likely.

The guy sucks.

Joe Fo Sho
09-09-2012, 07:59 PM
My thought has been to give him this year to show me that he deserves the starting job. I had hoped with an 'upgraded' defense that he could manage this team to make a playoff run. By the way he's going, he's going to lose my vote of confidence by week 4.

X-Era
09-09-2012, 08:00 PM
He is what we thought he is.

He usually won't win a game for you when everything else is going wrong and he usually won't lose a game for you either.

Think Trent Dilfer... At least that's what the regime that's convinced we didn't need a 1st round QB has been saying.

Personally, I'm not **** canning the season because he stunk in one game. The rest of the team ought to be good enough to take us to the playoffs if he can just be "serviceable". But, to expect him to not provide wins also implies the rest of the team will do that job... That didn't happen today.

kingJofNYC
09-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Does anyone still care about this season? Or the next one? Or the team?

jdbillsfan
09-09-2012, 08:02 PM
He's terrible. Maybe worst starting QB in the league...

Fitz is a capable backup.

X-Era
Does anyone still care about this season? Or the next one? Or the team?Really? After one game? Yeah... I still do.

BuffaloWingEater
Does anyone still care about this season? Or the next one? Or the team?

we need a groan button

YardRat
I'll give him a few more weeks. He did play horrid today, though.

JoeMama
09-09-2012, 08:03 PM
He doesn't have "broken ribs" anymore (like was inferred down the stretch in 2011) which supposedly hindered his performance.

Today he looked hale and healthy to me.

But that didn't make him a good quarterback.

How do you graduate from Harvard if you're not sharp enough to NOT throw a pick six when there isn't a Bills player within 10 yards in any direction?

God damn it, it was hard to watch.

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 08:04 PM
the jets have fitz's number. i can't give up on the qb who beat the pats just yet.

OpIv37
09-09-2012, 08:05 PM
He is what we thought he is.

He usually won't win a game for you when everything else is going wrong and he usually won't lose a game for you either.

Think Trent Dilfer... At least that's what the regime that's convinced we didn't need a 1st round QB has been saying.

Personally, I'm not **** canning the season because he stunk in one game. The rest of the team ought to be good enough to take us to the playoffs if he can just be "serviceable". But, to expect him to provide wins also implies the rest of the team will do that job... That didn't happen today.
But it's not one game. It's his entire career. And I didn't expect him to provide a win, but he threw 3 picks, and even his completions were either behind receivers or leading them right into hits. He has to be better than that regardless of what the rest of the team does.

And I can't put this loss solely on Fitz with the whole team playing so poorly, but we could have at least stayed in the game if he could have just avoided the INT's. That shouldnt be too much to ask, but apparently it is.

kingJofNYC
09-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Really? After one game? Yeah... I still do.

It's not one game though.

1-14 including preseason in the last 15 games, why should I give a ****?

10 wins in the last two years and they may have just played their worst game during this 3 year stretch, just awful. It's not one game, it's a ****ing trend.

coastal
09-09-2012, 08:07 PM
How about the decision to put a mediocre QB in a system that asks him to throw 30+ times a game out of the spread

X-Era
09-09-2012, 08:08 PM
But it's not one game. It's his entire career. And I didn't expect him to provide a win, but he threw 3 picks, and even his completions were either behind receivers or leading them right into hits. He has to be better than that regardless of what the rest of the team does.

And I can't put this loss solely on Fitz with the whole team playing so poorly, but we could have at least stayed in the game if he could have just avoided the INT's. That shouldnt be too much to ask, but apparently it is.
I don't think it's too much to ask at all. Trent Dilfer is Trent Dilfer... He also didn't stink this bad either.

This is what the Bills chose and what many fans clamored for. I'm fine with it as long as we have that top 5 defense along with an average offense. Today, our team didn't show either and Fitz showed you he will be a liability if you don't have Dilfer's Ravens team around him.

OpIv37
09-09-2012, 08:09 PM
the jets have fitz's number. i can't give up on the qb who beat the pats just yet.

Please don't make me look up the list of ****ty Dolphins QB's who managed to beat the Pats in the last decade to point out how stupid this is.

X-Era
09-09-2012, 08:10 PM
It's not one game though.

1-14 including preseason in the last 15 games, why should I give a ****?

10 wins in the last two years and they may have just played their worst game during this 3 year stretch, just awful. It's not one game, it's a ****ing trend.No. I'm still pissed by losing 4 straight SB's. I won't let go until we win one for redemption. This city, county, region, state, and team deserves it. I won't give up until it happens. I sure as hell won't give up after a few years or the end of last year, a few preseason games, and one game into the season.

gebobs
09-09-2012, 08:12 PM
My thought has been to give him this year to show me that he deserves the starting job.That's only because you're an idiot. Do you work at OBD?

2slowtogofast
09-09-2012, 08:12 PM
I have given up. He is no more then a back up.

gebobs
09-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Un****ingbelievable that this is even a debate. Fitz blows.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Since the day we got Tavaris, I said he would be starting by week 5. I still stand by that statement.

Joe Fo Sho
09-09-2012, 08:15 PM
That's only because you're an idiot. Do you work at OBD?

Nope, just an optimist I guess. But thanks for the idiot comment.

Blondie
09-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Un****ingbelievable that this is even a debate. Fitz blows.

He sure doesn't have moves like Jagger!

X-Era
09-09-2012, 08:17 PM
That's only because you're an idiot. Do you work at OBD?TOS guys, TOS.

kingJofNYC
09-09-2012, 08:17 PM
No. I'm still pissed by losing 4 straight SB's. I won't let go until we win one for redemption. This city, county, region, state, and team deserves it. I won't give up until it happens. I sure as hell won't give up after a few years or the end of last year, a few preseason games, and one game into the season.

Had the same attitude, but today ****ing broke me. Why today, who knows? Maybe it's being in NY, surrounded by Giant fans and annoying Jet fans, but today was rock ****ing bottom for me. Can't take much more of this.

Joe Fo Sho
09-09-2012, 08:18 PM
TOS guys, TOS.

Doesn't bother me any. Just proves to show the worth of certain posters.

BuffaloWingEater
09-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Please don't make me look up the list of ****ty Dolphins QB's who managed to beat the Pats in the last decade to point out how stupid this is.

huh, so the bills and the dolphins are the same? no ****.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Nope, just an optimist I guess. But thanks for the idiot comment.

I too believe it's pretty stupid to even think this stink bomb deserves another year to prove how much more he sucks. There is a handful of us that have seen Fitzputrid for what he is since the beginning. A second stringer and nothing more.

X-Era
09-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Had the same attitude, but today ****ing broke me. Why today, who knows? Maybe it's being in NY, surrounded by Giant fans and annoying Jet fans, but today was rock ****ing bottom for me. Can't take much more of this.If your a Bills fan you know this story... Watch us come out and destroy KC at home and then win 3 of the next 4.

It's one game. I need more before throwing the towel in for the season.

Week one last year: Bills 41 and the Chiefs 7...

Joe Fo Sho
09-09-2012, 08:23 PM
I too believe it's pretty stupid to even think this stink bomb deserves another year to prove how much more he sucks. There is a handful of us that have seen Fitzputrid for what he is since the beginning. A second stringer and nothing more.

You're entitled to think whatever you want.

I was hoping the guy could improve, sue me.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-09-2012, 08:25 PM
This team can't-- more appropriately, WON'T-- win, with or without Fitz.

Blondie
09-09-2012, 08:27 PM
You're entitled to think whatever you want.

I was hoping the guy could improve, sue me.

I actually have always had hopes for the guy too.. it's not all his fault.

I still hope he does well.

OpIv37
09-09-2012, 08:28 PM
huh, so the bills and the dolphins are the same? no ****.

The point that you obviously missed is that beating Brady once doesn't make a QB good. There are a lot of ****ty QB's that have managed 1 or 2 victories over the Pats.

Joe Fo Sho
09-09-2012, 08:29 PM
I actually have always had hopes for the guy too.. it's not all his fault.

I still hope he does well.

It's beginning to be mostly his fault. How many chances can you give the guy to improve? His throws today were not professional throws, to say the least.

2slowtogofast
09-09-2012, 08:31 PM
It's one game. I need more before throwing the towel in for the season.

Fitz and Chan are 10 and 22 how much more do you need?

Johnny Bugmenot
09-09-2012, 08:33 PM
The point that you obviously missed is that beating Brady once doesn't make a QB good. There are a lot of ****ty QB's that have managed 1 or 2 victories over the Pats. But none on this sorry excuse of a team since Bledsoe.

Blondie
09-09-2012, 08:34 PM
It's beginning to be mostly his fault. How many chances can you give the guy to improve? His throws today were not professional throws, to say the least.

No the 1st half blew chunks... he made a valiant effort the 2nd half.

Like you guys have said the Jets had your # going in.

I still wanna give him the benefit of the doubt plus I like the under dogs.

Joe Fo Sho
09-09-2012, 08:38 PM

I don't believe that whole 'they've got our number' thing. Any given Sunday...

I just saw that you're Coastal's wife...that makes so much sense to me.

OpIv37
09-09-2012, 08:39 PM

Yeah, he was better in the 2nd half because the Jets were playing prevent and giving him the underneath stuff.

Also, Revis got hurt and didn't play most of the 4th.

JoeMama
09-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Fitz evolved from Fitzmagic to Fitztragic relatively quickly in 2011.

I thought there was a chance he would revert to Fitzmagic form this season.

This game leads me to believe that was a naively held belief.

If this is what we have to look forward to with him at the helm for the unforeseeable future then...

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/NO-1.gif

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Just watched the press conference. Chan is ****ing delusional about Fitz. What a complete buffoon. This team won't win as long as he's the coach.

BuffaloWingEater
The point that you obviously missed is that beating Brady once doesn't make a QB good. There are a lot of ****ty QB's that have managed 1 or 2 victories over the Pats.

the point you missed is that i am not going to give up on him yet. he's the best qb we have had in awhile. while that might not be saying much, it's the truth. he played absolutely terrible today. hopefully he will be better next week. it was one game.

also, the bills beating the patriots was the best thing that has happened to the bills in a long time....hell we made the cover of s.i. so no, i am not willing to give up on the qb that won the most meaningful game in the past decade due to a poor game today.

Meathead
this is the season that will determine if fitz continues as a starting qb in the nfl. and its an auspicious beginning to say the least

the most troubling issue is that the picks werent in situations where he was trying to save a game that was already a big risk for a loss, it was early and they had plenty of time to make up the difference. the first throw was late, the second was behind the reciever and right to a trailing defender, and the third was pretty much as bad as any qb has ever thrown

hes got plenty of time to turn it around and i think theres a good chance that he does. but performing like he did today obviously has to be the aberration. theres nobody on the team or available in the market to challenge him so hes going to get his chance. i hope he steps up and changes the jauronian dive hes been on since getting his big contract

TacklingDummy
09-09-2012, 08:44 PM
I won't believe this team will win until they draft a QB that I can get behind. This is a QB league and we havent had one since Flutie.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-09-2012, 08:47 PM
I won't believe this team will win until they draft a QB that I can get behind. This is a QB league and we havent had one since Flutie. Don't hold your breath.

Blondie
09-09-2012, 08:50 PM
I don't believe that whole 'they've got our number' thing. Any given Sunday...

I just saw that you're Coastal's wife...that makes so much sense to me.

Lol.. yes I be his *****.. lol

I really do like Fitz and hope he pulls it together.

This is what I said today at the bar...

Last year y'all started strong and the 2nd half ya lost big time..

This year you are off to a rough start but you are gonna finish strong.

I am the one with the positive attitude in the house :-)

Joe Fo Sho
09-09-2012, 08:58 PM
I am the one with the positive attitude in the house :-)

Sounds awful.

Blondie
09-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Sounds awful.

Be nice.. :-)

Bert102176
09-09-2012, 09:02 PM
I have been saying for years this team needs a real QB

DynaPaul
09-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Whether he's good or not I think they should have held out on that $59 million dollar extension. He was just horrible today and David Lee didn't help his mechanics any. He looked the same as he did during the second half of last season. Dumb decisions and poor throws.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2012, 09:14 PM
I think Jim Kelly at age 52 would look better out there.

imbondz
09-09-2012, 09:40 PM
I had high hopes for Fitz after the beginning of last season, but not anymore. I'm officially off the Fitz bandwagon. He will have to win 10 games this year and make the playoffs for me to get back on it.

Beebe's Kid
09-09-2012, 10:29 PM
I still believe in Fitz. If for no other reason, because I would love to see him prove the people here wrong. It is funny stuff that people take it so personally.

I love the people that say "I've been saying we need a QB for years." Holy ****!! That is revolutionary...

I'll wait one more week before I begin acting like an completely untethered moron about anybody or anything on this team...even then if I get half as mad as some of you, I'll just stop watching...

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2012, 11:13 PM
I still believe in Fitz.

That's funny.

Luisito23
09-09-2012, 11:22 PM
To be fair OP, I never once thought we could win with that loser. I don't care what kind of D. or help he has, we will always fail until him, Chan, and Wanny are gone.

X-Era
09-10-2012, 05:44 AM
Peyton Manning was a free agent...

GreedoII
09-10-2012, 09:24 AM
The problem is they are not using him as a game manager. they think he's a gunslinger. his job should be to throw 20-25 times a game/playaction/limit mistakes/hand the ball off. this stupid coachiong staff has him 5 wide/shoutgun/no huddle. he may have the brains to undertstand but his physical tools are that of a 7th rounder which he is. gaily is too stubborn in his ways and philosophy period. he needs to be joe ferguson.

I've always had the mindset that Fitz has his limitations, but I hoped he could be th "caretaker" type that could win if he had a good running game and D to support him.

Not anymore. Today was the last straw for me. The guy is simply not good enough. I predicted 9-7 for this team this year, but after watching Fitz today, I think 8-8 is the absolute ceiling and 5-11 is a hell if a lot more likely.

The guy sucks.

The King
09-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Fitz was awful no question, but how is Wannstedt avoiding all the hate today. When the game was still a game his defense didnt force one ****ing punt. Not one!

Jeff1220
09-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Tavaris Jackson is licking his chops.

gebobs
09-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Fitz was awful no question, but how is Wannstedt avoiding all the hate today. When the game was still a game his defense didnt force one ****ing punt. Not one!

Plenty of other threads to hate on Wannstadt and he deserves it mightily. But this thread is about Fitz. He's an average backup and a lousy starter. Anyone that still holds out any hope for more than that is kidding themselves.

Albany,n.y.
09-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Sure they can win games with him. They will continue to beat inferior teams that dot their schedule and continue to lose to superior teams which include about 2/3 of the league. Fortunately for people who like to see wins, we play a lot of the bottom 3rd teams this year. If you think a win against a bottom feeder team is great & lifts your spirits, Fitz is the man. If you ever want this team to be in the top 4 or 5 teams rather than in the bottom 10, regardless of what the W-L record is against the league's dregs, Fitz has to go.

JoeMama
09-10-2012, 09:45 AM
On a purely cosmetic level it makes me sad that a real QB looks like this.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/tomy-brady-waterslide_crop_340x234.jpg

And the dude with a cool beard sucks.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/131629721_display_image.jpg

Albany,n.y.
09-10-2012, 09:59 AM
the point you missed is that i am not going to give up on him yet. he's the best qb we have had in awhile. while that might not be saying much, it's the truth. he played absolutely terrible today. hopefully he will be better next week. it was one game.

also, the bills beating the patriots was the best thing that has happened to the bills in a long time....hell we made the cover of s.i. so no, i am not willing to give up on the qb that won the most meaningful game in the past decade due to a poor game today.

The best QB we've had in a while? That's like saying the pie that was made with only a spoonful of dog feces tasted better than the one made with a cup of the dog's excrement.
The QB most responsible for the Bills beating the Patriots last year was Tom Brady, not Fitzpatrick. Brady passes hit the Bills D 4 times including his TD pass to Drayton Florence. It's just like yesterday. Jet fans are happy with Sanchez's play yesterday, but when the game was viable, the Jets best QB yesterday was Ryan Fitzpatrick.

EDS
09-10-2012, 10:11 AM
The Bills schedule is so soft this season that they will truly need to be awful to have a losing record.

Gotta give this team a few more weeks to confirm whether they deserve fan support. Highly unlikely they play this bad next week. I think KC's offense is much better than the Jets, even with Cassel (who reminds me a lot of Fitz) under center. KC has the back (Jamaal Charles) that the Bills want Spiller to become (on a consistent basis), they have some good reciving options too. Should be a good test for the Bills defense.

Fitz's second half stat padding did nothing to impress me.