PDA

View Full Version : After a game like this...

northernbillfan
09-09-2012, 09:45 PM
The Vince Young move looks stupid.

Since I couldn't pay too much attention to the preseason, can someone tell me if Young could have work with the Bills? Or enlighten me as to why he was cut.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2012, 09:51 PM
because Chan Gailey is delusional about Fitzputrid and many other things.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-09-2012, 09:51 PM
he was cut cause hes dumber then a bag of hammers.

imbondz
09-09-2012, 09:56 PM
he was cut cause hes dumber then a bag of hammers.

this and he sucked. He can't read defenses, he is not smart, has major head issues, is a crybaby...etc...

Ingtar33
09-09-2012, 09:58 PM
I remember saying when Gailey was hired that we probably should have kept Fewell, as i didn't see it as an improvement (and likely a downgrade). I wish I was wrong about that.

JoeMama
09-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Vince Young's favorite hobby is partying drunk with lascivious hordes of shirtless dudes.

He belongs in Miami.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2012, 10:03 PM
David Garrard anyone? I'm desperate for a quarterback who can put some zip on the ball. Fitzpatrick's arms look smaller than a 12 year old kid's. I wonder if he ever even lifts weights.

JoeMama
09-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Something tells me we'll see Tarvaris Jackson sooner rather than later.

Fitz looks like a man who mentally checked out after he got his big pay day.

Maybe he should go hang out with CJ2K and have a few good laughs over the grift they pulled off.

Ingtar33
09-09-2012, 10:38 PM
not going after Payton Manning looks ******ed.

I know he wouldn't have come, but how can you not go after him at all?

Marcala12
09-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Travarius has been no worse in his career than Fitz and I think he certainly has more upside. I know he's probably about a month away from getting the hang of Chan's s***y offense, but we might be able to stay alive in spite of Fitz thanks to the schedule, and maybe Jackson eventually gives us something decent at the QB position.

Historian
09-10-2012, 04:39 AM
VY would have been running for his life.

I predict TJ is in after game 4. They'll give RF a quarter of the season to prove what most in this forum already know:

He quit last year.

Night Train
09-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Fitz didn't check out. He got figured out, just like Flutie did a dozen years back, only with different abilities.

A one trick pony (quick slant passes) with limited athletic ability and suspect accuracy.
Flutie ran around outside the pocket. Once they contained him and forced him to throw, he was done.

The Bills figured Fitz could get them through a couple years while they restocked the D and multiple other positions but he's looking like the wall has met him, up close and personal. T. Jackson should be getting himself ready.

1st Round pick will be QB next April but lets get some good QB play if possible right now. Young was a complete failure.

Historian
09-10-2012, 05:04 AM
I guess what bothers me, is that Ponder, Dalton, Griffin III, Stafford, et al, all those guys drafted over the last couple years, are all beginning to develop into top flight quarterbacks.

And we passed up on most of them.

I think the area of the team that needs gutted is the scouting department.

Night Train
09-10-2012, 05:14 AM
I guess what bothers me, is that Ponder, Dalton, Griffin III, Stafford, et al, all those guys drafted over the last couple years, are all beginning to develop into top flight quarterbacks.

And we passed up on most of them.

I think the area of the team that needs gutted is the scouting department.

Many of those QB were picked at the top of the draft, far before our 1st Selection.

Ponder was a giant leap of faith and Dalton to me looks like Frank Reich...good but limited. After Luck and RG III went 1-2 this year, it was putting a dress on a pig time.

There does seem to be more good QB's available in this next draft and the Bills are out of excuses as to why they won't use a high pick on one. Yesterdays play by Fitz deflated the entire team very early. Not all his fault but he gave us zero chance to win.

GingerP
09-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Ponder was a giant leap of faith and Dalton to me looks like Frank Reich...good but limited. After Luck and RG III went 1-2 this year, it was putting a dress on a pig time.

The Redskins weren't in position to draft RGIII, either. They sold the farm to get the guy. If he turns out as good as he looked yesterday, it will be a franchise-changing deal.

People worry about taking a chance on a QB because if they don't work out it can set a team back. But really, how far back can the Bills go? It has been forever since they were relevant. Packaging a bunch of draft picks to get a QB could change the fortunes of the franchise.

Historian
09-10-2012, 07:18 AM
I understand some were top picks, I was just saying in general, each of these QBs is beginning to make their mark on the league.

And we put all our eggs in Fitz's basket.

DraftBoy
09-10-2012, 07:26 AM
I understand some were top picks, I was just saying in general, each of these QBs is beginning to make their mark on the league.

And we put all our eggs in Fitz's basket.

Give it a couple of years on some of these guys, there are more than a few who think Dalton will come back to earth this year and you never want to judge to assumptions about young QB's.

Stafford still throws a god awful amount of picks and forces the ball into coverage far too often.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Many of those QB were picked at the top of the draft, far before our 1st Selection.

There does seem to be more good QB's available in this next draft and the Bills are out of excuses as to why they won't use a high pick on one. Yesterdays play by Fitz deflated the entire team very early. Not all his fault but he gave us zero chance to win.
If you'll recall, Ryan Mallett, who was considered just as good as Ponder or Dalton, was sitting there for the Bills to grab in the THIRD ROUND last year! And they passed! It seems this team has an obsession with picking up washed-up retreads, and if they're not washed up enough, they get kicked to the curb.

Night Train
09-10-2012, 10:21 AM
If you'll recall, Ryan Mallett, who was considered just as good as Ponder or Dalton, was sitting there for the Bills to grab in the THIRD ROUND last year! And they passed! It seems this team has an obsession with picking up washed-up retreads, and if they're not washed up enough, they get kicked to the curb.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2012/08/29/mallett-not-finished-product-but-progressing/Hv5s09GxUzpJtoNzMPoQ1H/story.html

No more Bledsoe clones with slow reactions to match their feet. He was a major 4th quarter choker in college. Bad example.

QB should be our 1st pick this next April...which means of course we'll pick a CB. :whistle:

Philagape
09-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Jackson > Young.

Young is done in the NFL.

Meathead
09-10-2012, 10:54 AM
jeez enough on young already. if it wasnt obvious he was done by how he played it should be obvious the coaching staff had more than enough info to give up on him. he came to the team so cheap and easily that they would have bent over backwards to try and resurrect him, he obviously just failed

im not sure vy the superhero ever really existed, but its so obvious hes dead now its kinda embarrassing how some fans seem to still think hes the answer for anything

BertSquirtgum
09-10-2012, 11:46 AM
David Garrard anyone?

northernbillfan
09-10-2012, 11:41 PM
.... its kinda embarrassing how some fans seem to still think hes the answer for anythingI didn't think he was the answer. I thought VY had something and was mildly pleased to learn the Bills were trying him out. I have been far too busy to pay attention to football so I asked for reasons.

Thanks for all the answers. You've made it clear that he was not the answer for the Bills, or anyone for that matter.