• Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

After a game like this...

The Vince Young move looks stupid.

Since I couldn't pay too much attention to the preseason, can someone tell me if Young could have work with the Bills? Or enlighten me as to why he was cut.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: After a game like this...

because Chan Gailey is delusional about Fitzputrid and many other things.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

he was cut cause hes dumber then a bag of hammers.
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
        he was cut cause hes dumber then a bag of hammers.
        this and he sucked. He can't read defenses, he is not smart, has major head issues, is a crybaby...etc...
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

I remember saying when Gailey was hired that we probably should have kept Fewell, as i didn't see it as an improvement (and likely a downgrade). I wish I was wrong about that.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

Vince Young's favorite hobby is partying drunk with lascivious hordes of shirtless dudes.

He belongs in Miami.
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

David Garrard anyone? I'm desperate for a quarterback who can put some zip on the ball. Fitzpatrick's arms look smaller than a 12 year old kid's. I wonder if he ever even lifts weights.

Comment

• JoeMama
                Emotion Sickness
                • Oct 2002

Something tells me we'll see Tarvaris Jackson sooner rather than later.

Fitz looks like a man who mentally checked out after he got his big pay day.

Maybe he should go hang out with CJ2K and have a few good laughs over the grift they pulled off.
                Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

not going after Payton Manning looks ******ed.

I know he wouldn't have come, but how can you not go after him at all?
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Marcala12
                    • Aug 2012

Travarius has been no worse in his career than Fitz and I think he certainly has more upside. I know he's probably about a month away from getting the hang of Chan's s***y offense, but we might be able to stay alive in spite of Fitz thanks to the schedule, and maybe Jackson eventually gives us something decent at the QB position.
                    Somebody over at another sports forum is insane. He's a fat-ass who has nothing better to do than run a site like he's some type of powerful person when everyone knows that he's a worthless person. Banning people with no explanation when they simply ask a pertinant question in a chatroom? He removes 1000's of threads that have real meaning to people without so much as an explanation. He barely has a pot to piss in, so his only shot of exerting power in his whole life is to act like an internet Hitler. The funny thing is EVERYONE talks so much s*** about the guy behind his back in Pm's etc. because everyone hates him.

PM ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS IN other sports sites - tell them BillsZone is where it's at. BillsZone has a chance to be everything that the other site should have been, but couldn't be because that other guy is so insane.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

VY would have been running for his life.

I predict TJ is in after game 4. They'll give RF a quarter of the season to prove what most in this forum already know:

He quit last year.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Fitz didn't check out. He got figured out, just like Flutie did a dozen years back, only with different abilities.

A one trick pony (quick slant passes) with limited athletic ability and suspect accuracy.
                        Flutie ran around outside the pocket. Once they contained him and forced him to throw, he was done.

The Bills figured Fitz could get them through a couple years while they restocked the D and multiple other positions but he's looking like the wall has met him, up close and personal. T. Jackson should be getting himself ready.

1st Round pick will be QB next April but lets get some good QB play if possible right now. Young was a complete failure.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

I guess what bothers me, is that Ponder, Dalton, Griffin III, Stafford, et al, all those guys drafted over the last couple years, are all beginning to develop into top flight quarterbacks.

And we passed up on most of them.

I think the area of the team that needs gutted is the scouting department.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                            I guess what bothers me, is that Ponder, Dalton, Griffin III, Stafford, et al, all those guys drafted over the last couple years, are all beginning to develop into top flight quarterbacks.

And we passed up on most of them.

I think the area of the team that needs gutted is the scouting department.
                            Many of those QB were picked at the top of the draft, far before our 1st Selection.

Ponder was a giant leap of faith and Dalton to me looks like Frank Reich...good but limited. After Luck and RG III went 1-2 this year, it was putting a dress on a pig time.

There does seem to be more good QB's available in this next draft and the Bills are out of excuses as to why they won't use a high pick on one. Yesterdays play by Fitz deflated the entire team very early. Not all his fault but he gave us zero chance to win.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• GingerP
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                              Ponder was a giant leap of faith and Dalton to me looks like Frank Reich...good but limited. After Luck and RG III went 1-2 this year, it was putting a dress on a pig time.
                              The Redskins weren't in position to draft RGIII, either. They sold the farm to get the guy. If he turns out as good as he looked yesterday, it will be a franchise-changing deal.

People worry about taking a chance on a QB because if they don't work out it can set a team back. But really, how far back can the Bills go? It has been forever since they were relevant. Packaging a bunch of draft picks to get a QB could change the fortunes of the franchise.

Comment

Working...
                              X