• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Picture Hex

Spending most of my life on sports, I've learned to take superstitions seriously. Or at least semi seriously enough to have fun with them. So I find myself looking for something fun to do this season since it looks like we're another 8 losses or so away from another mediocre season and missing a chance at a franchise changing player... this year I'm going to have some fun with one thing

A long time previous forum avatar i had was in response to the 2003 bills whipping of the Pats, with big Sam Adams running a Brady pick back - it took the Bills nearly 9 years to beat the Pats again

last one was Fitzpatrick... the Bills went 1-10 since that one was put up, I'm putting that one to rest.

So now I'm going to rotate my avatar between all sorts of things until the Bills fortunes change around. Look forward to it. We'll start with Jimbo. I'll of course take any suggestions you all have for new avatars as the season goes on. I might even use one of my team's logo if I get desperate enough (0-14 probably would be enough to make me bring that one out).
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 09-09-2012, 10:26 PM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Re: Picture Hex

Just don't use a Spiller avatar, at least for a couple weeks.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

haha

yeah, i went with Jimbo on this first one since the track record with current Bills was so stellar.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
        haha

yeah, i went with Jimbo on this first one since the track record with current Bills was so stellar.
        it's actually perfect. we all had that look on our face today.

Comment

• Turf
          • Jul 2002

Use a Brady or Sanchez avatar, our only hope.
          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Use a pic of the oppositions QB every week. Maybe that way you'll hex them into playing horribly and we'll win.

Or rotate between Bruce Mathison, Vince Ferragamo, Dan Darragh, etc from week to week since our QBing the past 14 weeks including preseason has been putrid.

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
              we all had that look on our face today.
              Actually, I've had that look for going on more than a decade now.
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                it's actually perfect. we all had that look on our face today.
                that look on his face is why i picked that picture. it's how i've felt for too long watching this team

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                  • Jan 2010

I know I'm bumping this post, But I just realized that having changed my avy to Nelson/Jackson in the offseason, they both got injured game 1. Maybe i'll go avy-less the rest of the season :/

Comment

Working...
                  X