PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Draft Redo

Mike
09-10-2012, 01:08 AM
2011 Draft Redo

Knowing what you know, who would you take?

1. AJ Green
2. Dalton

*BTW Dareus is only top 5 pick in 2011 not to make PB*

There are other good players that would make me think twice: P. Peterson, A. Smith, J Jones, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Top 2 picks only

kingJofNYC
09-10-2012, 01:13 AM
JJ Watt too, 1.5 sacks and 2 passes deflected today, non-stop motor. Like Merriman said, a motor that never stops will separate you from other NFL players. Dareus couldn't even bother to put his hands up. Wanted to trade down in that draft too. Oh well, another **** up most likely.

Edit: And just to point out more Nix incompetency. After the draft was completed he went on the radio that morning, did an interview. They asked him what other players he really like in the draft. Two guys he picked to mention, Cam Jordan and Lance Kendricks, both are struggling with their respective teams. Good job Buddy!

Luisito23
09-10-2012, 02:19 AM
We just have bad luck, face it.

I guarantee you that if Dareus is anywhere else, he would be playing to his potential right now. On the other hand, put AJ green, and Dalton here, and you 2 busts only with different names.

Bad luck, that gets complimented with bad management, and bad coaching. (somebody shoot me now)

Mr. Pink
09-10-2012, 03:35 AM
I wanted Patrick Peterson then and still want him now thus we don't need to draft Stephen Gilmore this year and instead we can take...Michael Floyd to compliment Stevie Johnson. Or Michael Brockers to play DT.

Then again if we take Peterson in round 1 we obviously don't take Aaron Williams in round 2 and could have drafted a WR or DT in round 2 of that draft.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-10-2012, 04:34 AM
What an asinine thread. Dareus isn't the one who absent mindedly threw three interceptions, he wasn't the invisible 100 million dollar man, he did stuff the center of the line and take up space (something a DT is supposed to do in the 4-3), he isn't the one that got burned again and again against the Jets passing game. He's not the problem and nor is Kyle Williams.

TacklingDummy
09-10-2012, 06:29 AM
I wanted Green over Dareus to begin with. I'll take him again.

ParanoidAndroid
09-10-2012, 07:07 AM
Wow. You guys are fickle. I thought Philly fans were bad. I gotta get out of here for a week.

kingJofNYC
09-10-2012, 11:17 AM
We're not fickle. Watch JJ Watt or Aldon Smith, or any of the other aforementioned players, except maybe Peterson who hasn't lived up to the hype yet, and tell us we're fickle. Dareus is simply a disappointment.

ParanoidAndroid
09-10-2012, 11:43 AM
After he came on late last season and after one game in which no one made a visible play on defense? Kyle Williams sucks too right?

Bangarang
09-10-2012, 11:47 AM
This thread gave me cancer.

kingJofNYC
09-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Dareus did well against scrubs, against good comp he disappears. Against SD he beat up two guys who are now retired. Questionable motor too. Bottom line, that pick was a miss considering the guys we passed on. Don't see him being this great player, above average to good. Certainly wasn't the best player in the draft like many believed, or wanted to believe. If you redo that draft, he's not going top 5, that's for damn sure.

Bangarang
09-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Dareus did well against scrubs, against good comp he disappears. Against SD he beat up two guys who are now retired. Questionable motor too. Bottom line, that pick was a miss considering the guys we passed on. Don't see him being this great player, above average to good. Certainly wasn't the best player in the draft like many believed, or wanted to believe. If you redo that draft, he's not going top 5, that's for damn sure.

I can only imagine what you would have said on draft night if we passed on Dareus for JJ Watt with 3rd overall pick.

kingJofNYC
09-10-2012, 12:02 PM
I can only imagine what you would have said on draft night if we passed on Dareus for JJ Watt with 3rd overall pick.

I ****ing loved Watt coming out, did I think he was a top 5 pick, no, but I wanted to trade down in '11 draft with the Cowboys. They obviously needed a corner, maybe they wanted Peterson, I would've been happy moving down and taking T.Smith, A.Smith, or Watt.

I've been upset on draft night before, wouldn't be a first. It's after draft night that I'm worried about.

PTI
09-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Bills have no playmakers at WR at all.

EDS
09-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Dareus is the one first round (heck, second and third too) draft pick of the Buddy era I have actually liked. I thought for sure Denver was going to take him and we would take Von Miller. Turns out, Miller is awesome.

Mike
09-10-2012, 02:54 PM
What an asinine thread. Dareus isn't the one who absent mindedly threw three interceptions, he wasn't the invisible 100 million dollar man, he did stuff the center of the line and take up space (something a DT is supposed to do in the 4-3), he isn't the one that got burned again and again against the Jets passing game. He's not the problem and nor is Kyle Williams.

So basically what you are saying is that you would make the same choice? No one is insinuating that he is a bad player or anything of the sort, but knowing what you know who would you take in round 1 & 2?

Generalissimus Gibby
09-10-2012, 04:04 PM
So basically what you are saying is that you would make the same choice? No one is insinuating that he is a bad player or anything of the sort, but knowing what you know who would you take in round 1 & 2?

****, I don't normally look at drafts in hindsight because I don't do fantasy drafts and haven't fielded a fantasy football team in about three years, but while I disagree with your stance that we should not have drafted Dareus as we needed a monster DT (and last year proved we got one as he was our leader in sacks and did a great job as the year progressed) I think it was industrial strength dumb of us not to have taken Andy Dalton when he was on the board in the second. True, you could still point to our lack of WRs, but who exactly did Andy Dalton have in Cincy last year?

BillsFever21
09-10-2012, 07:14 PM
I couldn't believe they passed on Dalton either. Especially when all we had was a proven average QB in Fitzpatrick. Even if you thought you might be able to work with Fitzpatrick it would've been smart to draft Dalton to groom and compete with Fitzpatrick. At the very worse you can always trade QB's for draft picks if other teams see potential in them. Hell teams like Philly and New England have made an art of it. They duped a 2nd round pick along with Cromartie out of the Cardinals for Kolb who is horrible. That's usually what good ran teams do though.