• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

2011 Draft Redo

2011 Draft Redo

Knowing what you know, who would you take?

1. AJ Green
    2. Dalton

*BTW Dareus is only top 5 pick in 2011 not to make PB*

There are other good players that would make me think twice: P. Peterson, A. Smith, J Jones, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Top 2 picks only
    Please Make Sense
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Re: 2011 Draft Redo

JJ Watt too, 1.5 sacks and 2 passes deflected today, non-stop motor. Like Merriman said, a motor that never stops will separate you from other NFL players. Dareus couldn't even bother to put his hands up. Wanted to trade down in that draft too. Oh well, another **** up most likely.

Edit: And just to point out more Nix incompetency. After the draft was completed he went on the radio that morning, did an interview. They asked him what other players he really like in the draft. Two guys he picked to mention, Cam Jordan and Lance Kendricks, both are struggling with their respective teams. Good job Buddy!
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 09-10-2012, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

We just have bad luck, face it.

I guarantee you that if Dareus is anywhere else, he would be playing to his potential right now. On the other hand, put AJ green, and Dalton here, and you 2 busts only with different names.

Bad luck, that gets complimented with bad management, and bad coaching. (somebody shoot me now)
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

I wanted Patrick Peterson then and still want him now thus we don't need to draft Stephen Gilmore this year and instead we can take...Michael Floyd to compliment Stevie Johnson. Or Michael Brockers to play DT.

Then again if we take Peterson in round 1 we obviously don't take Aaron Williams in round 2 and could have drafted a WR or DT in round 2 of that draft.
        Last edited by Mr. Pink; 09-10-2012, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• Gibby
          • Jun 2006

What an asinine thread. Dareus isn't the one who absent mindedly threw three interceptions, he wasn't the invisible 100 million dollar man, he did stuff the center of the line and take up space (something a DT is supposed to do in the 4-3), he isn't the one that got burned again and again against the Jets passing game. He's not the problem and nor is Kyle Williams.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

I wanted Green over Dareus to begin with. I'll take him again.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

Wow. You guys are fickle. I thought Philly fans were bad. I gotta get out of here for a week.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                • Sep 2009

We're not fickle. Watch JJ Watt or Aldon Smith, or any of the other aforementioned players, except maybe Peterson who hasn't lived up to the hype yet, and tell us we're fickle. Dareus is simply a disappointment.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

After he came on late last season and after one game in which no one made a visible play on defense? Kyle Williams sucks too right?

Comment

• Bangarang
                    • Sep 2010

This thread gave me cancer.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                      • Sep 2009

Dareus did well against scrubs, against good comp he disappears. Against SD he beat up two guys who are now retired. Questionable motor too. Bottom line, that pick was a miss considering the guys we passed on. Don't see him being this great player, above average to good. Certainly wasn't the best player in the draft like many believed, or wanted to believe. If you redo that draft, he's not going top 5, that's for damn sure.

Comment

• Bangarang
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                        Dareus did well against scrubs, against good comp he disappears. Against SD he beat up two guys who are now retired. Questionable motor too. Bottom line, that pick was a miss considering the guys we passed on. Don't see him being this great player, above average to good. Certainly wasn't the best player in the draft like many believed, or wanted to believe. If you redo that draft, he's not going top 5, that's for damn sure.
                        I can only imagine what you would have said on draft night if we passed on Dareus for JJ Watt with 3rd overall pick.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Bangarang View Post
                          I can only imagine what you would have said on draft night if we passed on Dareus for JJ Watt with 3rd overall pick.
                          I ****ing loved Watt coming out, did I think he was a top 5 pick, no, but I wanted to trade down in '11 draft with the Cowboys. They obviously needed a corner, maybe they wanted Peterson, I would've been happy moving down and taking T.Smith, A.Smith, or Watt.

I've been upset on draft night before, wouldn't be a first. It's after draft night that I'm worried about.

Comment

• PTI
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2011

Bills have no playmakers at WR at all.

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

Dareus is the one first round (heck, second and third too) draft pick of the Buddy era I have actually liked. I thought for sure Denver was going to take him and we would take Von Miller. Turns out, Miller is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X