Is there anyone on here who still thinks we can salvage this season??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Is there anyone on here who still thinks we can salvage this season??

I know this is a negative bunch, but wow... you'd think we just got eliminated from playoff contention. Am I the only one who thinks these problems are fixable (except for possibly Fitz) and that we just simply played about as bad as we could in the 1st half yesterday against a Jets team that was better than most thought they were going into the game?
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: Is there anyone on here who still thinks we can salvage this season??

Thanks to a weak schedule...There is still hope, Obi Wan.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

After yesterday, I'm just not going to get worked up any more. This team is not worth spending every Sunday on the couch for. I'm going back to a life. 12 years of this crap is about 10 to many to waste.
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

The only thing this team is capable of is salvaging enough wins to remove off from contending for one of the top Qbs in the upcoming draft.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

Fitz made almost the exact same mistake 3 times, throwing behind a receiver on an out route. They happened for two different reasons. Fitz either hesitated or the receiver was late out of his break. I think that is definitely fixable.
          The defense was, despite the talent on the D-line, not very exciting to watch. Coverage in the middle of the field was almost non-existent after a mere 2 seconds. That is plenty of time for a QB to get rid of the ball. There was little pressure up the middle or anywhere for that matter. I expected at least 2 sacks today. It looked like the rush was predictable and they used RB's and TE's effectively to keep Sanchez clean.
          There was a failure to execute all over the place, but is the season over? Of course not. It was only one game.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
            • Jan 2006

My fear and guess = they make it a "respectable" losing season @7-9 and once again we miss out on a franchise QB in the draft.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

what does it take for some of you to realize that we suck?

We suck in OTA's/mini camp? Meh, wait til training camp.
              We suck in training camp? Meh, wait til the preseason games start.
              We suck in preseason? Meh, preseason doesn't matter- wait til the real game starts
              We suck in a real game against a division opponent? Meh, it's just one game.

Seriously? I mean, this wasn't just a loss. It was an epic beat-down in all 3 phases of the game. And it was against a division opponent and the Pats won, so now we are a game behind the Pats and essentially 2 games behind the Jets because they have a tiebreaker on us. But ok, it's just one game
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• GingerP
                • Aug 2012

I agree the Bills can't be as bad as they looked yesterday. They had poor play in all three phases. The defense should be better than that, and they even had a buge ST breakdown.

Fitz's play is a real concern as he is continuing a trend from the 2nd half of last season. He has been figured out, teams have adjusted and he is coming back to earth. The offense lacks any explosive talent outside of Spiller. Those are real concerns.

That said, they will have games they play well and are competitive. I just think it is a real downer after the high hopes of the off-season. The Pats look good again and the Jets look better than the Bills. I guess there is still Miami, we can be thankful for them.

Comment

• zone
                  No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                  • Oct 2003

While we got embarrassed and sucked bad you can always salvage the season, until you can't. It is only week 1. Maybe this is the year we get off to a slower start and actually get better and finish strong. I sure hope it is but if history is an indicator we could be in for a long year.
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71 View Post
                    Fitz made almost the exact same mistake 3 times, throwing behind a receiver on an out route.
                    And even the completions, like the passes to Chandler, were either way over his head, (in which he made a great leaping catch) or behind him. (In which he looked like a gymnist reaching behind for it)

Same as in preseason.

I said it then...that he's going to get these receivers killed by making them lay their bodies out to make a catch.

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

Im praying for it. But I didnt see a whole lot to inspire confidence.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

I think the next four games decide the season;

We go KC, Cleveland, New England, and San Francisco. You realistically have to win 2 to stay in contention, losing three or more and its going to be very tough to make the playoffs.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          I think the next four games decide the season;

We go KC, Cleveland, New England, and San Francisco. You realistically have to win 2 to stay in contention, losing three or more and its going to be very tough to make the playoffs.
                          And the one after that is AZ, and while they're not a tough team, it's back-to-back WC road trips.

Realistically, we HAVE to beat KC and Cleveland to stay in it, because NE and SF are most likely losses. If we drop even 1 to KC or Cleveland, we're looking 1-4 and possibly 1-5 right in the face.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

...or 0-5 and 0-6.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              what does it take for some of you to realize that we suck?

We suck in OTA's/mini camp? Meh, wait til training camp.
                              We suck in training camp? Meh, wait til the preseason games start.
                              We suck in preseason? Meh, preseason doesn't matter- wait til the real game starts
                              We suck in a real game against a division opponent? Meh, it's just one game.

Seriously? I mean, this wasn't just a loss. It was an epic beat-down in all 3 phases of the game. And it was against a division opponent and the Pats won, so now we are a game behind the Pats and essentially 2 games behind the Jets because they have a tiebreaker on us. But ok, it's just one game
                              Not everyone thinks like you or just don't want to think like you. Go start a riot.

Comment

Working...
                              X