X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

What to expect now?

1. I think Fitz will rebound from this, it was obviously a shocking performance but historically he doesn't make mistakes that bad. His interceptions are not usually of that variety.

2. I think McKelvin is going to lose his slot CB position either right away or after the next bad performance. I never thought he was a slot CB. I also don't think he is a bad CB but he has just not got his confidence back since making big blunders as a returner. Playing CB is about being super-confident and he just doesn't have it. Justin Rogers might take his job if he can't get right mentally.

3. We might have to go out and get a WR in FA. Owens? doubt it. Not sure who else is available, maybe they move Jones to the slot and go with TJ outside and bring back Roosevelt.

4. If Fitz continues to struggle, expect to see Jackson come in soon. Jackson has a very strong arm and I think Gailey can get a lot out of him in this QB friendly system.

5. I expect the DL to play angry after that display and the criticism they are taking for it... Angry better result in production though or fans are going to turn on the 130 million dollar investment and the top 3 pick.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: What to expect now?

I think Fitz is done. First, the inaccuracy has been a consistent problem with him. The pick 6 was an atypical mistake, but the other two INT's were very typical of what he does. And even on his passes that were complete, he was either behind WR's (which forces them to slow down and costs YAC) or he was leading them into hits. Will he be this bad every game? Unlikely, but I think he has a hard time recovering from this and I think the O continues to struggle. I'd love to see T Jackson take over as soon as he has a chance to learn the O.

And no, I don't expect much from T Jax, but I'm convinced that Fitz can't get it done and I have 0 confidence in Thigpen.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
    X