• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

I actually feel that this beatdown will motivate the team

I remember us beating the snot out of teams to start a season, only to get cremated by them later in the season. I think that this loss will motivate us to pay attention & take nothing for granted, it was a huge beatdown.
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: I actually feel that this beatdown will motivate the team

As bad as they played yesterday they could actually win the next two games { KC, at Cleve.} and be sitting at 2-1 with the Pats coming in on the 30th.
    Of course those two teams are saying the same about playing the Bills.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

A glutton fro punishment, I see. Op will be here soon to tell you that you are delusional and detached from reality.

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Given what you have seen in 2012 so far...do you relly feel good about this team?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Historian View Post
          Given what you have seen in 2012 so far...do you relly feel good about this team?
          How many times did FItz get sacked ?? Was there holes for Spiller to run through ? Did we get easily ran on ??

If we can stop the run & not F-up throwing the ball away while being able to run at will, we'll be ok. Plan on us being 2-1, KC or Cleveland will not be able to handle us from what I have seen & we won't throw many more games away.
          Last edited by Skooby; 09-10-2012, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

I'm going to watch the Bills play football next week, and if I want to watch, there has to be some glimmer of hope that they will get better, right? Otherwise, what's the point? I'd rather talk about how they can turn things around as quickly as possible and win next week that sit here and talk about how bad they suck. Am I crazy? (Well.... I am a Bills fan.)
            Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 09-10-2012, 08:43 AM. Reason: more

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

Our pass rush was bad, secondary was bad, and Fitz was bad...however if we're all trying to be "realists", we cant pick and choose where we are looking at reality. Did we look good? No. However, another reality is that this game is still just 1 game and things can change very quickly in this league, for the bad or for the good.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by andyxc71 View Post
                I'm going to watch the Bills play football next week, and if I want to watch, there has to be some glimmer of hope that they will get better, right? Otherwise, what's the point? I'd rather talk about how they can turn things around as quickly as possible and win next week that sit here and talk about how bad they suck. Am I crazy? (Well.... I am a Bills fan.)
                You're not crazy, these things happen & teams have bad games.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

If the team needs a loss to motivate them, then we have problems at the coaching level. It seems like the bills don't play hard until there's reason to be concerned. We don't play lights out from the get go
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                    • Aug 2012

Well I remember the Bengals looking terrible to start the season last year and everyone laughing when Lewis said that the team will be 2-2 after they beat us.

They beat us and went on to make the playoffs.

The Jets got half of their points off of turnovers and STs. We're not likely to give up that many points that way for the rest of the season.

It has a snowball effect too. The D was tired and dejected. The whole team was deflated and frustrated.

If we were in that game, I can't imagine they would convert as many third downs as they did.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Well, I was flipping back and forth to the Clev-Phila game, and the Browns looked pretty good. Can't speak to KC.

I liked what I saw from the O line, Fitz definately had time on most plays, and if not for a shoelace tackle, Spiller would have gone over 200 yards.

So I saw some good things, but at this point, I don't think its enough to translate to wins.

I'm hoping the home crowd can lend a hand.

Comment

• GingerP
                        • Aug 2012

It better.

They are 1-9 in their last 10 games. Just sayin'.

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

this is probably what this team needed. ive said it since the start of otas that i was very concerned this team was buying into all the medias ball riding. we didnt hear nearly enough of the their leaders pounding it into the teams head that they have to forget about all the nut cradling and remember that its really tough to win in the nfl and they have to think and play desperate every snap of every game. i think what we saw is exactly what i was worried about

theres a balance between being confident, expecting to win, but respecting how difficult thats going to be. the jets were massively desperate and it was obvious. the bills strode onto the field like all they had to do was take care of business and it was theirs. consequently, when things started to go against them they werent prepared to take it in stride and became rattled and it snowballed. a team that is mature and mentally prepared for that recovers immediately - a team that isnt takes half the game to get over it and by then its too late. again, thats exactly what we saw happen

the one good thing is that entire shroud of inevitability should be blown to smithereens now. they should be shaken up badly and jolted into reality that they have to practice intensely and come into every game with the proper mix of desperation that drives them and mental preparedness that keeps them from letting things get out of hand like that

if theres one criticism i have about chan is he needs to make sure the team understands that, and from what ive seen he didnt do that. there just wasnt enough voices repeating the mantra about we havent done anything yet, thats a real good team over there, we will need to be extra sharp and not take anything for granted, etc. but we simply didnt hear that, certainly not enough to balance out the confidence that now appears more like unearned hubris

losses like this have a way of either forging a teams toughness or dissolving their spirit. they can either respond like jim kellys bills and come out focused and breathing fire, or they respond like last seasons chiefs who collapsed after the bills beat the crap out of them. theyve got the talent, i just hope they find a way to use it to their advantage instead of unraveling
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Instead on relying on their thinking that they are good on paper, they need to think they blow. Maybe this will light the fire but who knows anymore. MCkelvin knows he sucks and he still sucked.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                              this is probably what this team needed. ive said it since the start of otas that i was very concerned this team was buying into all the medias ball riding. we didnt hear nearly enough of the their leaders pounding it into the teams head that they have to forget about all the nut cradling and remember that its really tough to win in the nfl and they have to think and play desperate every snap of every game. i think what we saw is exactly what i was worried about

theres a balance between being confident, expecting to win, but respecting how difficult thats going to be. the jets were massively desperate and it was obvious. the bills strode onto the field like all they had to do was take care of business and it was theirs. consequently, when things started to go against them they werent prepared to take it in stride and became rattled and it snowballed. a team that is mature and mentally prepared for that recovers immediately - a team that isnt takes half the game to get over it and by then its too late. again, thats exactly what we saw happen

the one good thing is that entire shroud of inevitability should be blown to smithereens now. they should be shaken up badly and jolted into reality that they have to practice intensely and come into every game with the proper mix of desperation that drives them and mental preparedness that keeps them from letting things get out of hand like that

if theres one criticism i have about chan is he needs to make sure the team understands that, and from what ive seen he didnt do that. there just wasnt enough voices repeating the mantra about we havent done anything yet, thats a real good team over there, we will need to be extra sharp and not take anything for granted, etc. but we simply didnt hear that, certainly not enough to balance out the confidence that now appears more like unearned hubris

losses like this have a way of either forging a teams toughness or dissolving their spirit. they can either respond like jim kellys bills and come out focused and breathing fire, or they respond like last seasons chiefs who collapsed after the bills beat the crap out of them. theyve got the talent, i just hope they find a way to use it to their advantage instead of unraveling
                              Brilliant post & it's exactly how I feel.

Comment

Working...
                              X