PDA

View Full Version : I actually feel that this beatdown will motivate the team

Skooby
09-10-2012, 08:08 AM
I remember us beating the snot out of teams to start a season, only to get cremated by them later in the season. I think that this loss will motivate us to pay attention & take nothing for granted, it was a huge beatdown.

k-oneputt
09-10-2012, 08:14 AM
As bad as they played yesterday they could actually win the next two games { KC, at Cleve.} and be sitting at 2-1 with the Pats coming in on the 30th.
Of course those two teams are saying the same about playing the Bills.

ParanoidAndroid
09-10-2012, 08:18 AM
A glutton fro punishment, I see. Op will be here soon to tell you that you are delusional and detached from reality.

Historian
09-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Given what you have seen in 2012 so far...do you relly feel good about this team?

Skooby
09-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Given what you have seen in 2012 so far...do you relly feel good about this team?

How many times did FItz get sacked ?? Was there holes for Spiller to run through ? Did we get easily ran on ??

If we can stop the run & not F-up throwing the ball away while being able to run at will, we'll be ok. Plan on us being 2-1, KC or Cleveland will not be able to handle us from what I have seen & we won't throw many more games away.

ParanoidAndroid
09-10-2012, 08:42 AM

I'm going to watch the Bills play football next week, and if I want to watch, there has to be some glimmer of hope that they will get better, right? Otherwise, what's the point? I'd rather talk about how they can turn things around as quickly as possible and win next week that sit here and talk about how bad they suck. Am I crazy? (Well.... I am a Bills fan.)

Pinkerton Security
09-10-2012, 08:44 AM

Our pass rush was bad, secondary was bad, and Fitz was bad...however if we're all trying to be "realists", we cant pick and choose where we are looking at reality. Did we look good? No. However, another reality is that this game is still just 1 game and things can change very quickly in this league, for the bad or for the good.

Skooby
09-10-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm going to watch the Bills play football next week, and if I want to watch, there has to be some glimmer of hope that they will get better, right? Otherwise, what's the point? I'd rather talk about how they can turn things around as quickly as possible and win next week that sit here and talk about how bad they suck. Am I crazy? (Well.... I am a Bills fan.)

You're not crazy, these things happen & teams have bad games.

justasportsfan
09-10-2012, 08:52 AM
If the team needs a loss to motivate them, then we have problems at the coaching level. It seems like the bills don't play hard until there's reason to be concerned. We don't play lights out from the get go

jdaltroy5
09-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Well I remember the Bengals looking terrible to start the season last year and everyone laughing when Lewis said that the team will be 2-2 after they beat us.

They beat us and went on to make the playoffs.

The Jets got half of their points off of turnovers and STs. We're not likely to give up that many points that way for the rest of the season.

It has a snowball effect too. The D was tired and dejected. The whole team was deflated and frustrated.

If we were in that game, I can't imagine they would convert as many third downs as they did.

Historian
09-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Well, I was flipping back and forth to the Clev-Phila game, and the Browns looked pretty good. Can't speak to KC.

I liked what I saw from the O line, Fitz definately had time on most plays, and if not for a shoelace tackle, Spiller would have gone over 200 yards.

So I saw some good things, but at this point, I don't think its enough to translate to wins.

I'm hoping the home crowd can lend a hand.

GingerP
09-10-2012, 09:17 AM
It better.

They are 1-9 in their last 10 games. Just sayin'.

Meathead
09-10-2012, 10:04 AM
this is probably what this team needed. ive said it since the start of otas that i was very concerned this team was buying into all the medias ball riding. we didnt hear nearly enough of the their leaders pounding it into the teams head that they have to forget about all the nut cradling and remember that its really tough to win in the nfl and they have to think and play desperate every snap of every game. i think what we saw is exactly what i was worried about

theres a balance between being confident, expecting to win, but respecting how difficult thats going to be. the jets were massively desperate and it was obvious. the bills strode onto the field like all they had to do was take care of business and it was theirs. consequently, when things started to go against them they werent prepared to take it in stride and became rattled and it snowballed. a team that is mature and mentally prepared for that recovers immediately - a team that isnt takes half the game to get over it and by then its too late. again, thats exactly what we saw happen

the one good thing is that entire shroud of inevitability should be blown to smithereens now. they should be shaken up badly and jolted into reality that they have to practice intensely and come into every game with the proper mix of desperation that drives them and mental preparedness that keeps them from letting things get out of hand like that

if theres one criticism i have about chan is he needs to make sure the team understands that, and from what ive seen he didnt do that. there just wasnt enough voices repeating the mantra about we havent done anything yet, thats a real good team over there, we will need to be extra sharp and not take anything for granted, etc. but we simply didnt hear that, certainly not enough to balance out the confidence that now appears more like unearned hubris

losses like this have a way of either forging a teams toughness or dissolving their spirit. they can either respond like jim kellys bills and come out focused and breathing fire, or they respond like last seasons chiefs who collapsed after the bills beat the crap out of them. theyve got the talent, i just hope they find a way to use it to their advantage instead of unraveling

justasportsfan
09-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Instead on relying on their thinking that they are good on paper, they need to think they blow. Maybe this will light the fire but who knows anymore. MCkelvin knows he sucks and he still sucked.

Skooby
09-10-2012, 10:08 AM
this is probably what this team needed. ive said it since the start of otas that i was very concerned this team was buying into all the medias ball riding. we didnt hear nearly enough of the their leaders pounding it into the teams head that they have to forget about all the nut cradling and remember that its really tough to win in the nfl and they have to think and play desperate every snap of every game. i think what we saw is exactly what i was worried about

theres a balance between being confident, expecting to win, but respecting how difficult thats going to be. the jets were massively desperate and it was obvious. the bills strode onto the field like all they had to do was take care of business and it was theirs. consequently, when things started to go against them they werent prepared to take it in stride and became rattled and it snowballed. a team that is mature and mentally prepared for that recovers immediately - a team that isnt takes half the game to get over it and by then its too late. again, thats exactly what we saw happen

the one good thing is that entire shroud of inevitability should be blown to smithereens now. they should be shaken up badly and jolted into reality that they have to practice intensely and come into every game with the proper mix of desperation that drives them and mental preparedness that keeps them from letting things get out of hand like that

if theres one criticism i have about chan is he needs to make sure the team understands that, and from what ive seen he didnt do that. there just wasnt enough voices repeating the mantra about we havent done anything yet, thats a real good team over there, we will need to be extra sharp and not take anything for granted, etc. but we simply didnt hear that, certainly not enough to balance out the confidence that now appears more like unearned hubris

losses like this have a way of either forging a teams toughness or dissolving their spirit. they can either respond like jim kellys bills and come out focused and breathing fire, or they respond like last seasons chiefs who collapsed after the bills beat the crap out of them. theyve got the talent, i just hope they find a way to use it to their advantage instead of unraveling

Brilliant post & it's exactly how I feel.

JoeMama
09-10-2012, 10:12 AM
It damn well better motivate the team.

I don't expect them to hole up in a cheap motel with a bottle of Jack Daniels crying, WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! WE'RE SCARED!

We got the Chiefs next week.

It's like a guy who hasn't gotten laid for a while. He goes for the low hanging fruit to get remember what sex is like and slowly gets his swagger back.

KC can springboard us to better things.

If we actually feel like trying this time around.

BertSquirtgum
09-10-2012, 11:47 AM
How many times did FItz get sacked ?? Was there holes for Spiller to run through ? Did we get easily ran on ??

If we can stop the run & not F-up throwing the ball away while being able to run at will, we'll be ok. Plan on us being 2-1, KC or Cleveland will not be able to handle us from what I have seen & we won't throw many more games away.

I would rather he get sacked than throw an interception.

Bangarang
09-10-2012, 11:49 AM
All I know is Brandon Weeden is complete garbage of a QB. We will beat the Browns.

trapezeus
09-10-2012, 12:20 PM
i am completely besides myself on how poorly that offense was and how little variety the defense had. i also know that hte bills defense got put out there a lot oearly, and then had a TD on a kickoff that wasn't their fault. So while i hate they didn't get to the QB, i think they just had a ridiculous amount of time on the field.

Chan at some point needs to trust his run game. They need to run the ball and just eat some clock early.

all i can confirm about yesterdays game is that my belief that fitz could become a dilfer/johnson type is entirely out the window. Unless he broke his ribs on the flight over, he showed what he is. a guy who sees the game like a strong arm'd qb, but does not hvae the accuracy or arm strength to execute it. he is black jack. it's great when you get black jack, but on average, black jack doesn't happen that often.

I saw a defense that might be able to do well if certain aspects get better with the personnel they have. On offense, i don't see the pass game getting much better with what we've got. it's going to take a miracle to get to 6 wins.

The sad truth is that th ebills woahs in drafting is still killing them. tank carder being another example of cutting players so early. moats, carrington, etc not going to the next level, dareus and spiller the obvious top picks but not alot besides that.

in someways buddy's drafts look worse than Jaurons. Jauron stuck with his crap. Buddy makes mistakes and cuts them or IRs them immediately. the result is the same.

mikemac2001
09-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Jets matchup better then any team in the NFL vs our offense the d worried me but w/e the o just kept dicking them over

they have 2 solid and a nice 3-4th CB's we have 1 good wr and the rest average
rex knows we have no deep threat so all he did was sit in zones waiting for the breaks or created pressure and forced fitz to throw a duck
we should have ran the ball about 70% of the time that game and make the jets O beat us. they scored early and fitz just kept giving them points

its not the end of the world 2-1 vs the pats is a good possibility and i think we match up well against them

week 1 folks

kingJofNYC
09-10-2012, 12:31 PM
On the other hand, we've taken beatings like this before and just laid down. So yeah, schedule helps but what happens after Cleveland/KC?

jdaltroy5
09-10-2012, 12:35 PM
On the other hand, we've taken beatings like this before and just laid down. So yeah, schedule helps but what happens after Cleveland/KC?

Well if they come back next week with fire in their eyes and lay a beating on KC, then maybe a couple of easy ones is all they need to gain some confidence.

If they come out limp wristed like they did yesterday, then we'll pretty much know what kind of team we have.

MTBillsFan
09-10-2012, 01:44 PM
How many 3rd downs the Jets make yesterday? It seemed like every time they had a 3rd and whatever, they came up a yard or two past the marker. That's what bothers me the most.

footballhottie
09-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Im not to upset about this. We won't make the playoffs, but It won't be an abortion either. That was a rough game with their brand new QB. Which btw we ran a train on last season causing him some pretty brutal embarrassment. payback maybe? Idk but I'm still pretty excited about the upcoming season. Go bills

BleedinGreenNC
09-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Well I remember the Bengals looking terrible to start the season last year and everyone laughing when Lewis said that the team will be 2-2 after they beat us.

They beat us and went on to make the playoffs.

The Jets got half of their points off of turnovers and STs. We're not likelyo give up that many points that way for the rest of the season. t

It has a snowball effect too. The D was tired and dejected. The whole team was deflated and frustrated.

If we were in that game, I can't imagine they would convert as many third downs as they did.

Dont forget, you still play the Pats twice. If you think Sanchez lit you up, wait till Brady gets a hold of your secondary.

BertSquirtgum
09-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Im not to upset about this. We won't make the playoffs, but It won't be an abortion either. That was a rough game with their brand new QB. Which btw we ran a train on last season causing him some pretty brutal embarrassment. payback maybe? Idk but I'm still pretty excited about the upcoming season. Go bills

What are you talking about? :crazy:

Mr. Pink
09-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Well, I was flipping back and forth to the Clev-Phila game, and the Browns looked pretty good. Can't speak to KC.

I liked what I saw from the O line, Fitz definately had time on most plays, and if not for a shoelace tackle, Spiller would have gone over 200 yards.

So I saw some good things, but at this point, I don't think its enough to translate to wins.

I'm hoping the home crowd can lend a hand.

Defensively Cleveland is pretty good...although they won't have Haden for 4 weeks as his suspension starts now for Adderall. They get gashed on the run but are good against the pass. Basically their defense looks a lot like the defense here a few years ago except they do generate a decent amount of pressure on the QB from the front 4.

Offensively, holy cow, bad is an understatement. Weeden just might be the worst starting QB in the NFL top that off with WRs who have hands of stone and a RB who's coming off 2 knee surgeries.

Basically if the Bills played the Browns Sunday you would have saw a 16-10 type of game with a lot of turnovers. Unlike the Eagles with Vick and their game winning TD drive, I don't think Fitz pulls that drive off. In true recent Browns - Bills tradition, we're primed for another historically bad/unwatchable game.

Luisito23
09-11-2012, 12:22 PM
So these clowns need a beatdown to get motivated? How about the millions of dollars you're stealing? How about playing for pride? How about being professional and doing your job? How about playing for the die-hard fans that support you?...Nah, I guess that's just not enough.

PTI
09-11-2012, 12:41 PM
I don't think so at all. I think this team is delusional, like the head coach, and they are arrogant without reason, they have done nothing and proven nothing, I do not feel like they will play like a desperate team even though they really need to.

stuckincincy
09-11-2012, 12:47 PM
I remember us beating the snot out of teams to start a season, only to get cremated by them later in the season. I think that this loss will motivate us to pay attention & take nothing for granted, it was a huge beatdown.

Good. I'll whack you with a baseball bat, and you will love me tomorrow.

Skooby
10-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Not this time, this was really painful.

kishoph
10-02-2012, 03:47 AM
Not this time, this was really painful.

It was painful, but you have to look at the whole game, at the end of the 3rd quarter it was a tie game. The meltdown came in the 4th quarter, starting with a shanked punt at the end of the 3rd going out at the NE 38, result TD, then Jackson's fumble, giving them the ball at the Bills 42, result TD, then a Fitz int. giving them the ball at the Bills 12, result TD, the Bills then score and try an onside kick, it fails and gives the Pats the ball at the Bills 48, result TD, then another Fitz int. giving them the ball at the Bills 19, result a FG, then the Bills run out clock. That's 31 points in less than a quarter with the longest drive being 62 yards, an average drive start at the Bills 36, that's a total collapse. As bad as they played they were in it, up till the 4th. Wannstedt's decision to go with the nickle most of the game hurt badly, the run defense which had been playing good, suffered because of the scheme.
I have not re watched the whole game (probably won't), just certain parts. After the Bills went up 21-7, the Pats had a TD drive, giving them momentum and hope. The officiating on that drive alone was brutal, 1st play Spencer Johnson is body slammed just to the right of Brady, no flag 1st down, Bolden rips off 27 yards, the hole is opened up by Gronk ridding M. Williams out with his hand dead in the middle of Williams' back, no flag, 1st down, Mark Anderson is tackled from behind, Ridley spins out gains 4, 1st down, no flag, 3rd and 9, Anderson gets pulled down by the front of his jersey right in front of Brady, who throws to Woodhead for 17 yd. TD, no flag. Bills 21-14, Pats back in it. I'm not blaming the loss on the officiating, but these are things that happen that make a team look worse than it really is. The Bills are not as bad as the final score from Sunday makes them look. If they (Fitz) can stop the turnovers, this team will win the majority of the games it has left and should have a good shot at making the playoffs. (jmo)

BillsFever21
10-02-2012, 04:04 AM
It was painful, but you have to look at the whole game, at the end of the 3rd quarter it was a tie game. The meltdown came in the 4th quarter, starting with a shanked punt at the end of the 3rd going out at the NE 38, result TD, then Jackson's fumble, giving them the ball at the Bills 42, result TD, then a Fitz int. giving them the ball at the Bills 12, result TD, the Bills then score and try an onside kick, it fails and gives the Pats the ball at the Bills 48, result TD, then another Fitz int. giving them the ball at the Bills 19, result a FG, then the Bills run out clock. That's 31 points in less than a quarter with the longest drive being 62 yards, an average drive start at the Bills 36, that's a total collapse. As bad as they played they were in it, up till the 4th. Wannstedt's decision to go with the nickle most of the game hurt badly, the run defense which had been playing good, suffered because of the scheme.
I have not re watched the whole game (probably won't), just certain parts. After the Bills went up 21-7, the Pats had a TD drive, giving them momentum and hope. The officiating on that drive alone was brutal, 1st play Spencer Johnson is body slammed just to the right of Brady, no flag 1st down, Bolden rips off 27 yards, the hole is opened up by Gronk ridding M. Williams out with his hand dead in the middle of Williams' back, no flag, 1st down, Mark Anderson is tackled from behind, Ridley spins out gains 4, 1st down, no flag, 3rd and 9, Anderson gets pulled down by the front of his jersey right in front of Brady, who throws to Woodhead for 17 yd. TD, no flag. Bills 21-14, Pats back in it. I'm not blaming the loss on the officiating, but these are things that happen that make a team look worse than it really is. The Bills are not as bad as the final score from Sunday makes them look. If they (Fitz) can stop the turnovers, this team will win the majority of the games it has left and should have a good shot at making the playoffs. (jmo)

So we've resorted to a team that is happy to "be in the game until the 4th quarter"

The meltdown started with about 10 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter. Right after the Jones TD the Patriots just did whatever they wanted the rest of the game. They scored TD's on six straight possessions starting with that drive. It would've been seven if not for a good play by Gilmore that stopped a 50+ yard TD pass from Brady on their drive out of halftime.

This team was flat out dominated and the coaches didn't have any answers or adjustments to what the Pats were doing. It was like there wasn't even a defense on the field. The players were basically jogging and gave up once the Pats tied the game(if not before the game tying TD) and the Pats ripped off huge runs and passes at will.

You can sugercoat it if you wish but when a team gives up 45 points in about a 20 minute span after taking a 21-7 lead they totally crumbled and choked. It was a complete embarrassment. Our defense made some big stops early on but you could see the Pats were close to figuring it out and starting to click. I knew once the 2nd half started and they made adjustments and figured us out that our pathetic coaching staff wouldn't be able to counter them. I didn't think it would get that bad though.

We have given up 100 points in two games to divisional opponents. This wasn't just some fluke quarter it's a huge problem. Our only two wins have came against teams with a combined record of 1-7.

OpIv37
10-02-2012, 08:29 AM

Not buying this at all.

Why didn't the Jets game do that? If this team were capable of responding to a wake-up call, the Jets game would have been it and the Pats game wouldn't have gone down like that.

Skooby
10-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Not buying this at all.

Why didn't the Jets game do that? If this team were capable of responding to a wake-up call, the Jets game would have been it and the Pats game wouldn't have gone down like that.

It did motivate them for 2 games as orginally predicted but they must of forgot versus NE.

OpIv37
10-02-2012, 08:40 AM
It did motivate them for 2 games as orginally predicted but they must of forgot versus NE.

I think it was just the quality of the teams we were playing. KC is below average and Cleveland absolutely sucks.

Historian
10-02-2012, 08:40 AM
I actually keep holding out for hope that we're the 1981 New York Jets: Started the season 1-3-1 (with a 31-0 shutout at the hands of the Bills in the opener) and finished 10-5-1 to host a Wild Card.

Maybe I'm becomming delusional, lol.
Team Games & Schedule

Glossary · SHARESHARE [X] · Embed · CSV · PRE · LINK (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/#team_gamelogs::none) · ?

<TBODY>

Score

Offense

Defense

Week

Day

Date

OT

Rec

Opp

Tm

Opp

1stD

TotYd

PassY

RushY

TO

1stD

TotYd

PassY

RushY

TO

Sun

September 6

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198109060buf.htm)

L

0-1

@

Buffalo Bills (http://www.billszone.com/teams/buf/1981.htm)

Sun

September 13

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198109130nyj.htm)

L

0-2

Cincinnati Bengals (http://www.billszone.com/teams/cin/1981.htm)

Sun

September 20

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198109200pit.htm)

L

0-3

@

Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.billszone.com/teams/pit/1981.htm)

Sun

September 27

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198109270nyj.htm)

W

1-3

Houston Oilers (http://www.billszone.com/teams/oti/1981.htm)

Sun

October 4

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198110040mia.htm)

T

OT

1-3-1

@

Miami Dolphins (http://www.billszone.com/teams/mia/1981.htm)

Sun

October 11

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198110110nyj.htm)

W

2-3-1

New England Patriots (http://www.billszone.com/teams/nwe/1981.htm)

Sun

October 18

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198110180nyj.htm)

W

3-3-1

Sun

October 25

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198110250nyj.htm)

L

3-4-1

Seattle Seahawks (http://www.billszone.com/teams/sea/1981.htm)

Sun

November 1

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198111010nyg.htm)

W

4-4-1

@

New York Giants (http://www.billszone.com/teams/nyg/1981.htm)

Sun

November 8

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198111080clt.htm)

W

5-4-1

@

Baltimore Colts (http://www.billszone.com/teams/clt/1981.htm)

Sun

November 15

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198111150nwe.htm)

W

6-4-1

@

Sun

November 22

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198111220nyj.htm)

W

7-4-1

Sun

November 29

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198111290nyj.htm)

W

8-4-1

Sun

December 6

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198112060sea.htm)

L

8-5-1

@

Sat

December 12

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198112120cle.htm)

W

9-5-1

@

Cleveland Browns (http://www.billszone.com/teams/cle/1981.htm)

Sun

December 20

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198112200nyj.htm)

W

10-5-1

Green Bay Packers (http://www.billszone.com/teams/gnb/1981.htm)

Playoffs

WildCard

Sun

December 27

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198112270nyj.htm)

L

10-6-1

</TBODY>

Skooby
10-02-2012, 09:10 AM
I picked our final record this year at 10-5-1, based on a similiar scenario reoccuring. It's funny you figured this out, pretty smart cat you must be.

I actually keep holding out for hope that we're the 1981 New York Jets: Started the season 1-3-1 (with a 31-0 shutout at the hands of the Bills in the opener) and finished 10-5-1 to host a Wild Card.

Maybe I'm becomming delusional, lol.
Team Games & Schedule

Glossary · SHARESHARE [X] · Embed · CSV · PRE · LINK (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/#team_gamelogs::none) · ?

<tbody>

Score

Offense

Defense

Week

Day

Date

OT

Rec

Opp

Tm

Opp

1stD

TotYd

PassY

RushY

TO

1stD

TotYd

PassY

RushY

TO

Sun

September 6

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198109060buf.htm)

L

0-1

@

Sun

September 13

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198109130nyj.htm)

L

0-2

Cincinnati Bengals (http://www.billszone.com/teams/cin/1981.htm)

Sun

September 20

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198109200pit.htm)

L

0-3

@

Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.billszone.com/teams/pit/1981.htm)

Sun

September 27

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198109270nyj.htm)

W

1-3

Houston Oilers (http://www.billszone.com/teams/oti/1981.htm)

Sun

October 4

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198110040mia.htm)

T

OT

1-3-1

@

Sun

October 11

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198110110nyj.htm)

W

2-3-1

Sun

October 18

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198110180nyj.htm)

W

3-3-1

Sun

October 25

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198110250nyj.htm)

L

3-4-1

Sun

November 1

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198111010nyg.htm)

W

4-4-1

@

New York Giants (http://www.billszone.com/teams/nyg/1981.htm)

Sun

November 8

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198111080clt.htm)

W

5-4-1

@

Sun

November 15

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198111150nwe.htm)

W

6-4-1

@

Sun

November 22

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198111220nyj.htm)

W

7-4-1

Sun

November 29

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198111290nyj.htm)

W

8-4-1

Sun

December 6

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198112060sea.htm)

L

8-5-1

@

Sat

December 12

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198112120cle.htm)

W

9-5-1

@

Cleveland Browns (http://www.billszone.com/teams/cle/1981.htm)

Sun

December 20

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198112200nyj.htm)

W

10-5-1

Green Bay Packers (http://www.billszone.com/teams/gnb/1981.htm)

Playoffs

WildCard

Sun

December 27

boxscore (http://www.billszone.com/boxscores/198112270nyj.htm)

L

10-6-1

</tbody>

Skooby
10-02-2012, 09:14 AM
I think it was just the quality of the teams we were playing. KC is below average and Cleveland absolutely sucks.

We were the better team & we won our next two games, one being an away game (we've not been road warriors).

gebobs
10-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Must have. Must HAVE. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Sorry, getting beat by the Pats and losing last week's pool in the tie breaker last night has me on edge.

Coffee! Stat!

Skooby
10-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Must have. Must HAVE. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Sorry, getting beat by the Pats and losing last week's pool in the tie breaker last night has me on edge.

Coffee! Stat!

LOL, nice.

lmcshadow
10-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Right now no way and that @#s beating! what can be said to motivate.

starrymessenger
10-02-2012, 09:26 PM
I actually believe that this (most recent) beat down will serve as a good and useful lesson. The team will eventually be better because of it. Call me crazy.

JoeMama
10-02-2012, 09:56 PM
I have this almost irrational hatred of the NFC West. I don't think they belong in the NFL they're so bad.

Nothing would make me happier than to go into San Fran and absolutely destroy the Niners.