PDA

View Full Version : Sick of everyone trashing our team--We outplayed the Jets

BringBackMarv
09-10-2012, 08:53 AM
If you take away the Fitz errors we win that game going away. In the second half our O' DOMINATED their D' to the tune of 21 straight points on our last 3 drives. We actually had a GREAT! chance to win if the defense could have forced a 3 and out at the end.

Lets also not forget CJ Spiller-WOW! I think hes the best RB in the NFL--boy was I wrong about him. This still could be a 12 win team if we can fix the defense.

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Please. Our O only "dominated" them in the 2nd half because they played prevent D. If they had played their base D, the 2nd half wouldn't have looked much different than the first.

And let's not also forget that CJ fumbled away our last chance to stay in the game.

Historian
09-10-2012, 08:55 AM
WYSian logic.

jdaltroy5
09-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Um, we dominated their D, because they were playing prevent. They didn't care if we scored, they just didn't want us to score quickly.

Sure if we eliminate the QB mistakes, the ST mistakes, the lack of pressure, the terrible LB play, and the lack of secondary coverage, we totally dominated that game.

MikeInRoch
09-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Wow. Thinking we outplayed the Jets is a level of "homer" I never dreamed possible. Congratulations.

BringBackMarv
09-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Prevent D'? Dont give them that much credit, they were blitzing throughout that game. Fact is they couldn't touch Fitz' difference was Revis/Cromartie are significant upgrades to what we have at CB.

gebobs
09-10-2012, 09:01 AM
I sense sarcasm.

Lucidvizion
09-10-2012, 09:09 AM
And let's not also forget that CJ fumbled away our last chance to stay in the game.

Hard to hate on him for that... the guy was our entire offense yesterday.

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Hard to hate on him for that... the guy was our entire offense yesterday.

yeah well if this team is ever going to win, our "star" players need to help us without also making dumb mistakes that hurt us. It's just like Stevie with the drops and dumb penalties last year.

GingerP
09-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Delusion is a river in Egypt.

Or something like that.

Jeff1220
09-10-2012, 09:21 AM
If that ball had been on target, CJ maybe would've scored on that play. The ball, like most other Fitz passes yesterday, was under-thrown, and Spiller had to spin around for it. On top of that, the DB batted at it pretty well. I'm not saying he doesn't need to hang on...he does...but that was far from an easy catch, and it isn't all on him.

Skooby
09-10-2012, 09:23 AM
If this isn't sarcasm, you need to be committed.

Extremebillsfan247
09-10-2012, 09:50 AM
If you take away the Fitz errors we win that game going away. In the second half our O' DOMINATED their D' to the tune of 21 straight points on our last 3 drives. We actually had a GREAT! chance to win if the defense could have forced a 3 and out at the end.

Lets also not forget CJ Spiller-WOW! I think hes the best RB in the NFL--boy was I wrong about him. This still could be a 12 win team if we can fix the defense. Well that's the problem though, Your not going to win many games in this league when you make the amount of mistakes this team made yesterday. Most of Fitzpatrick's stats came in garbage time courtesy of the Jets eventually pulling their starting defense from the game. The first mistake they made is letting Stevie Johnson play injured, and leaving T.J. Graham inactive when they were already thin at receiver. That was stupid from the outset. Our young secondary got taken to school by Sanchez. If that doesn't bother you, it should. If they even want to finish above .500 in record, they better play smarter than that or it will just be another long season for this team. Just saying.

JoeMama
09-10-2012, 09:52 AM
This thread...

What?

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/advice-animals-memes-no-drama-dary.jpg

Marcala12
09-10-2012, 09:54 AM
funny, i thought we got the s*** kicked out of us; I guess we were watching different games.

JoeMama
09-10-2012, 09:56 AM
No such thing as moral victories in JoeMama-land.

I don't care if we put some points on the board in garbage time.

I care that we looked like hot garbage until the mid third quarter - and even then - it wasn't exactly smooth sailing.

This team needs a slap in the face. WAKE UP.

It's like they collectively forgot that they have talent. It's there.

Mahdi
09-10-2012, 10:03 AM
yeah well if this team is ever going to win, our "star" players need to help us without also making dumb mistakes that hurt us. It's just like Stevie with the drops and dumb penalties last year.

How is that a dumb mistake? He just caught a difficult ball over his opposite shoulder and he didn't even have the chance to put it away before the defender got his hand in. It should have been incomplete as he never really got it tucked away.

Maybe he could have brought the ball down to his opposite hand, but still, that is more about the defender making a play than CJ's mistake.

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 10:34 AM
How is that a dumb mistake? He just caught a difficult ball over his opposite shoulder and he didn't even have the chance to put it away before the defender got his hand in. It should have been incomplete as he never really got it tucked away.

Maybe he could have brought the ball down to his opposite hand, but still, that is more about the defender making a play than CJ's mistake.

So, now it's acceptable for opposing defenders to "make plays?" Here's an idea: our "star" players make plays that are BETTER than the ones the defenders are making. He should have taken the ball to the opposite side and kept both hands on it, maybe even ran toward the sideline. The extra yards mean nothing if he loses the ball, and it was a 2 min drill, so it would have saved a timeout.

Seriously, this is the type of nauseating homerism that is rampant on this board. People have their favorite players, and defend them no matter what they do. It's about the TEAM winning, not any individual player. And if an individual player ****s up, he deserves the criticism. Just deal with the fact that sometimes the players you like will make mistakes and get aptly criticized for them.

Philagape
09-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Here's an idea: our "star" players make plays that are BETTER than the ones the defenders are making.

Didn't Spiller do just that? Did his good not outweigh the bad?

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Didn't Spiller do just that? Did his good not outweigh the bad?

Here's a better idea: good WITHOUT the bad. He fumbled away our last chance to stay in the game. The good shouldn't get him off the hook for the bad.

CoolBreeze
09-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I know right I sat on the GDT all day yesterday. And with all the trashing going on I thought I was on a JETS forum. It's not the criticism of certain people after the game, or the 4th quarter that get to me. I understand we evaluate players, get upset. We all know who sucked that game. It's the people who after we're down 7-0 and complaining "Oh we suck" "we're terrible" "This again" labeling players before their 10th snap. That pisses me off, If your not going to support your team and trash them. GET OFF and find another team! I guess though i can understand older fans like 30+ getting more upset than me at 22. Because they were there for the four superbowl losses. I've been a fan since 6 in 1996 so I have no understanding of their pain. But this is still your team, we need to support them.

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 11:00 AM
I know right I sat on the GDT all day yesterday. And with all the trashing going on I thought I was on a JETS forum. It's not the criticism of certain people after the game, or the 4th quarter that get to me. I understand we evaluate players, get upset. We all know who sucked that game. It's the people who after we're down 7-0 and complaining "Oh we suck" "we're terrible" "This again" labeling players before their 10th snap. That pisses me off, If your not going to support your team and trash them. GET OFF and find another team! I guess though i can understand older fans like 30+ getting more upset than me at 22. Because they were there for the four superbowl losses. I've been a fan since 6 in 1996 so I have no understanding of their pain. But this is still your team, we need to support them.

um, no. If the team deserves to be trashed, they should be trashed. It's about WINNING, not supporting players for the sake of supporting players. Any player who doesn't help the team win deserves to get trashed, and the team as a whole deserves to get trashed when they lose.

And guess what? The people trashing the team when it was only 7-0 were RIGHT. We've seen it before. We had all the same problems yesterday. You can't do the same thing and expect different results. When we see the same crap early in games, we know the results will be the same.

CoolBreeze
09-10-2012, 11:02 AM
um, no. If the team deserves to be trashed, they should be trashed. It's about WINNING, not supporting players for the sake of supporting players. Any player who doesn't help the team win deserves to get trashed, and the team as a whole deserves to get trashed when they lose.

And guess what? The people trashing the team when it was only 7-0 were RIGHT. We've seen it before. We had all the same problems yesterday. You can't do the same thing and expect different results. When we see the same crap early in games, we know the results will be the same.

lol nope, your stuck with these players, your not gonna get new ones. So you might as well support these ones

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 11:04 AM
lol nope, your stuck with these players, your not gonna get new ones. So you might as well support these ones

Fans want the team to win, by definition. Why the hell would you support any player who is hurting the team and keeping them from winning, then claim to be a fan? It's completely illogical.

kingJofNYC
09-10-2012, 11:04 AM
too funny.

CoolBreeze
09-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Your not feeling me guy, WE (you and I...us) have this team (53 players) for a minimum of another 15 games. Whether or not they win, and trust me sir I really wish we did win more. We have to support them. Sure some of them need to go, but there's nothing you, or me could do. We're stuck with them until the offseason. So we might as well support them. Because their the Bills, and we love the Bills.

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Your not feeling me guy, WE (you and I...us) have this team (53 players) for a minimum of another 15 games. Whether or not they win, and trust me sir I really wish we did win more. We have to support them. Sure some of them need to go, but there's nothing you, or me could do. We're stuck with them until the offseason. So we might as well support them. Because their the Bills, and we love the Bills.

I'm not sure what you mean by "support" them. During the games, everyone cheers just as hard for the team, regardless if they're critical or not on this board. But being critical of players or the team when they are making mistakes does not mean someone isn't being supportive.

There's a difference between hope and expectations. I hope Fitzpatrick goes out there, lights it up, and finishes they year with 26 TDs and 12 INT's. And I'm going to be rooting for him to do that. But I don't expect that to happen because I've watched him play for the last 2+ years and I haven't seen anything to suggest he has that in him.

kishoph
09-10-2012, 11:18 AM

I'll take 170 yards rushing and a fumble any day of the week, plus if Fitz doesn't under throw the ball (also wrong shoulder) and leads him, Spiller walks into the end zone. Hating on the top performer in the game is excessive, even for you.

CoolBreeze
09-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "support" them. During the games, everyone cheers just as hard for the team, regardless if they're critical or not on this board. But being critical of players or the team when they are making mistakes does not mean someone isn't being supportive.

There's a difference between hope and expectations. I hope Fitzpatrick goes out there, lights it up, and finishes they year with 26 TDs and 12 INT's. And I'm going to be rooting for him to do that. But I don't expect that to happen because I've watched him play for the last 2+ years and I haven't seen anything to suggest he has that in him.

I agree 100% sir... I just think it's way too early to become pessimistic. We are one game in and some board members are hammering down like we're already done, down and out. Just saying

kingJofNYC
09-10-2012, 11:20 AM
"You're stuck with a laughing stock. Shut up and be happy about it. Support them dammit!"

gebobs
09-10-2012, 11:23 AM
This is a discussion board, not a Campfire Girls singalong.

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 11:24 AM
I agree 100% sir... I just think it's way too early to become pessimistic. We are one game in and some board members are hammering down like we're already done, down and out. Just saying

I think there are 2 reasons why people feel like that:
1. A lot of the problems that held us back last year showed themselves again, meaning they haven't been corrected.
2. It was such an epic beat-down where we failed in literally every phase of the game. Spiller was good, the run D was stout, everything else was horrendous. Not just bad, but horrendous.

It wasn't like we lost a close game on a good play by the other team or 1 or 2 mistakes. There is just so little good to take out of this game to provide any hope that we can turn it around.

Generalissimus Gibby
No, our special teams and our defensive back play was abominable and made much worse by Fitz 3 ints and Spiller's drop. Our lack of pressure and the fact that Mario Williams decided to just mail it in all day long also sank us. However, you are right, Fitz' awful play did destroy any chance we had of winning.

CoolBreeze
This is a discussion board, not a Campfire Girls singalong.

Oh like the ones you attend in Georgia with your little sisters

gebobs
09-10-2012, 11:30 AM
I appreciate your optimism. I think it's a bit misplaced though. We saw what they did last year. What improvements they did make came up noticeably short. And the standard excuse that Fitz **** the bed last year due to sore ribs is ridiculous. He just isn't good.

gebobs
09-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Oh like the ones you attend in Georgia with your little sisters
LOL...keep that day job, Gallagher.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-10-2012, 11:35 AM
I think there are 2 reasons why people feel like that:
1. A lot of the problems that held us back last year showed themselves again, meaning they haven't been corrected.
2. It was such an epic beat-down where we failed in literally every phase of the game. Spiller was good, the run D was stout, everything else was horrendous. Not just bad, but horrendous.

It wasn't like we lost a close game on a good play by the other team or 1 or 2 mistakes. There is just so little good to take out of this game to provide any hope that we can turn it around.
you forgot pass protection, no sacks allowed.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-10-2012, 11:40 AM
I appreciate your optimism. I think it's a bit misplaced though. We saw what they did last year. What improvements they did make came up noticeably short. And the standard excuse that Fitz **** the bed last year due to sore ribs is ridiculous. He just isn't good.

Fitz is indeed the one who must receive the majority of the loss for this game. As I have pointed out again and again, 4 turnovers setting up the Jets near mid field were based on his stupidity alone. Our DBs need a lot of work as well, but still the Jets started four drives in the first half between the forty and the fifty because of Fitz' dumbass mistakes. Yes, the D needed to step up and do something and our DBs looked like Division 3 talents but in today's NFL you are going to score something almost every time you start near mid field as the NFL favors the Offense over the D. Fitz totally **** the bed. Looking back on it, perhaps and only perhaps this is a rude wakeup call that will motivate him to play better. I hope so, because if he continues to do this next week I will call for his benching. I just hope Tarvaris Jackson or Brad Smith can do better.

BertSquirtgum
09-10-2012, 12:08 PM
So, now it's acceptable for opposing defenders to "make plays?" Here's an idea: our "star" players make plays that are BETTER than the ones the defenders are making. He should have taken the ball to the opposite side and kept both hands on it, maybe even ran toward the sideline. The extra yards mean nothing if he loses the ball, and it was a 2 min drill, so it would have saved a timeout.

Seriously, this is the type of nauseating homerism that is rampant on this board. People have their favorite players, and defend them no matter what they do. It's about the TEAM winning, not any individual player. And if an individual player ****s up, he deserves the criticism. Just deal with the fact that sometimes the players you like will make mistakes and get aptly criticized for them.

I just want to know why our running back in playing receiver, oh that's right because we have **** for receivers. The management running this team are all terrible.

DrGraves
09-10-2012, 12:14 PM
This is the stupidest, most ignorant thread I have ever read. Fitz is unfortunately the most important part of the team and the bottom line is that he sucks. We got our asses handed to us. End of story. Barkley '13

Historian
09-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I just want to know why our running back in playing receiver, oh that's right because we have **** for receivers. The management running this team are all terrible.

I would like to think that is because they view Spiller as a unique talent....a guy who can run for 150 as well as catch passes. They've been lining him up wide for 2 seasons now.

Thomas was the only other back Ive ever seen that could do that. Not just screens, mind you, but actual patterns downfield. Thats one reason hes in the HOF.

GingerP
09-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Thomas was the only other back Ive ever seen that could do that. Not just screens, mind you, but actual patterns downfield. Thats one reason hes in the HOF.

Marshall Faulk is another. He could have played WR in the NFL.

BertSquirtgum
09-10-2012, 01:20 PM
More chances for the only star on this team to get hurt. I don't like it. Fitzpatrick doesn't help protect his receivers at all with his terrible throws. I would hate to see Spiller injured for the year out running patterns.

BleedinGreenNC
09-10-2012, 01:30 PM

Lets also not forget CJ Spiller-WOW! I think hes the best RB in the NFL--boy was I wrong about him. This still could be a 12 win team if we can fix the defense.

Win that game going away? The defense played soft after the game was out of reach. You can say all day long if you take away the turnovers, but you cant, they happened. Great chance to win?

BleedinGreenNC
09-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Prevent D'? Dont give them that much credit, they were blitzing throughout that game. Fact is they couldn't touch Fitz' difference was Revis/Cromartie are significant upgrades to what we have at CB.

Your right, we couldnt touch Fitz. Your line played great, thats why they led the league in fewest sacks given up last season. And yes, it was prevent D

BleedinGreenNC
09-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Fitz is indeed the one who must receive the majority of the loss for this game. As I have pointed out again and again, 4 turnovers setting up the Jets near mid field were based on his stupidity alone. Our DBs need a lot of work as well, but still the Jets started four drives in the first half between the forty and the fifty because of Fitz' dumbass mistakes. Yes, the D needed to step up and do something and our DBs looked like Division 3 talents but in today's NFL you are going to score something almost every time you start near mid field as the NFL favors the Offense over the D. Fitz totally **** the bed. Looking back on it, perhaps and only perhaps this is a rude wakeup call that will motivate him to play better. I hope so, because if he continues to do this next week I will call for his benching. I just hope Tarvaris Jackson or Brad Smith can do better.

Your better off with Fitzy. Be careful what you wish for.

BertSquirtgum
09-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Your better off with Fitzy. Be careful what you wish for.

You're crazy.

BleedinGreenNC
09-10-2012, 02:42 PM
You're crazy.

You think you have a better chance with Jackson?

BertSquirtgum
09-10-2012, 04:15 PM
100% You can't get much worse than Fitzputrid.

CoolBreeze
09-10-2012, 04:21 PM

lol thank you, yeah i still have some optimism left. I just hope this was a huge wake up call to the team. They obviously weren't prepared for that outcome

Mr. Pink
09-10-2012, 04:37 PM
We got blown out but overplayed them?

Interesting theory.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to think that is because they view Spiller as a unique talent....a guy who can run for 150 as well as catch passes. They've been lining him up wide for 2 seasons now.

Roger Craig.

MattyNH
09-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Has to be an attempt at humor but not funny IMO