PDA

View Full Version : David Nelson....ACL tear...done for year

Wittman21
09-10-2012, 12:45 PM
per Shefter...
Adam Schefter ‏<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); ">@</s>AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter)
Bills WR David Nelson tore his ACL - out for year.

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 12:48 PM
But hey, let's keep 2 kickers and Brad Smith even though we have Thigpen and T Jackson. Who needs RB's or WR's?

stuckincincy
09-10-2012, 12:49 PM
per Shefter...
Adam Schefter ‏<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); ">@</s>AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter)
Bills WR David Nelson tore his ACL - out for year.

Bad.

They better get on the phone and talk with clubs about trades. Culling practice squads and picking over FA crumbs after the 1st week of the season won't do it.

Mahdi
09-10-2012, 12:53 PM
We all know we're either getting Easley or Aiken off the practice squad.

The last buffalo fan
09-10-2012, 12:53 PM
what the ****?!?!? I want to cry!

streetkings01
09-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Gailey needs to get Easley and Graham up to speed asap.

Albany,n.y.
09-10-2012, 12:58 PM
But hey, let's keep 2 kickers and Brad Smith even though we have Thigpen and T Jackson. Who needs RB's or WR's?

We had a bunch of garbage at WR in preseason. The problem wasn't keeping enough receivers on the roster at cut down day, it was not acquiring receivers in the offseason who were competent enough to be viable in the NFL. Even one of the receivers we drafted & kept, Graham, wasn't ready enough to be active on opening day. Why keep garbage just to satisfy fans who wanted X number of receivers on the roster. It wasn't Nix's & Chan's fault in September, it was their fault in March through July.

kingJofNYC
09-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Bad.

They better get on the phone and talk with clubs about trades. Culling practice squads and picking over FA crumbs after the 1st week of the season won't do it.

Name some possible trade partners?

stuckincincy
09-10-2012, 12:59 PM
We all know we're either getting Easley or Aiken off the practice squad.

Yup.

:pissed:

Mahdi
09-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Manningham would have been a good add. Or Laurent Robinson.

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 01:00 PM
We had a bunch of garbage at WR in preseason. The problem wasn't keeping enough receivers on the roster at cut down day, it was not acquiring receivers in the offseason who were competent enough to be viable in the NFL. Even one of the receivers we drafted & kept, Graham, wasn't ready enough to be active on opening day. Why keep garbage just to satisfy fans who wanted X number of receivers on the roster. It wasn't Nix's & Chan's fault in September, it was their fault in March through July.

Because
A) injuries happen and we need a certain number of WR's just to have enough bodies and
B) We kept Brad Smith, Tyler Thigpen and 2 kickers. It's not like we used the roster spots that we saved wisely.

And I agree that we should have had more quality at the position in camp.

more cowbell
09-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Maybe we'll be able to finally see all of this "potential" Marcus Easley supposedly possesses when they bring him up from the practice squad. But wait, we also have Ruvell Martin who we kept for Special Teams, yet he was absolutely clueless on the punt return TD yesterday, and couldn't catch a cold......

Good job with the depth at WR Front Office....

Skooby
09-10-2012, 01:03 PM
This really sucks. Is Plaxico out there??

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 01:06 PM

He's out there somewhere.

I'll check the hospitals. You check the jails.

stuckincincy
09-10-2012, 01:12 PM

Here's two:

CIN - Ryan Whalen. HOU - Kevin Walter. Whalen is a 2nd year player, popular target of Luck at Stanford. Kept on CIN's roster of seven (!) wrs. He would have never cleared waivers. He's a clone of the sadly injured 2011 rookie Jordan Shipley. Wes Welker types.

Walter is a canny vet. I don't know about his health.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

The King
09-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Plax, Gaffney and Branch are all out there.

Skooby
09-10-2012, 01:20 PM
He's out there somewhere.

I'll check the hospitals. You check the jails.

LOL, I'm literally crying.

tatersalad
09-10-2012, 01:21 PM
bring up Easley with the route trees we run no reciever would get up to snuff quick enough to help us

stuckincincy
09-10-2012, 01:32 PM
bring up Easley with the route trees we run no reciever would get up to snuff quick enough to help us

What is a route tree? Given BUF's pass game the past years, it can't account for much.

Mouldsie
09-10-2012, 01:42 PM
James Jones is available for trade

jdaltroy5
09-10-2012, 01:48 PM
James Jones is available for trade
Well at least he's good at getting people to drink the kool-aid.

Maybe I'm thinking of another Jim Jones.

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Well at least he's good at getting people to drink the kool-aid.

Maybe I'm thinking of another Jim Jones.

People around here usually drink the kool-aid without needing any help or encouragement, although a lot of people seem to be trying to cough it back up today.

Aero II
09-10-2012, 02:05 PM
If they find him, maybe Stevie can do his impersonation of him.

EDS
09-10-2012, 02:05 PM

Green Bay was allegedly shopping Jones. Not sure if that is still the case.

Ed
09-10-2012, 02:06 PM
I think T.O. and Ochocinco are both looking for work.

DraftBoy
Id sign Chad Johnson and Im not kidding.

YardRat
Just bring back Roosevelt.

DraftBoy
09-10-2012, 02:07 PM

He can't replace what Nelson does. You need a bigger WR with some size. Roosevelt doesn't offer that.

Meathead
09-10-2012, 02:08 PM
here would be my preferences for a replacement in order:

parrish
ochokea*****co
gaffney
roosevelt
clowney
owendebtins
k. aiken
sam aiken
josh reed
jim jensen
jim kiick
jim thorpe
slim jim
slim pickins
baldy spice

Ed
09-10-2012, 02:09 PM
He can't replace what Nelson does. You need a bigger WR with some size. Roosevelt doesn't offer that.
I think they'll probably just move Donald Jones to the slot.

DraftBoy
09-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I think they'll probably just move Donald Jones to the slot.

Who also cannot replace what Nelson does.

DBrown77
09-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I say we sign Roosevelt and move Jones to the slot. Keep Easley on the practice squad.

Looks like Johnny White may be making a comeback for a few weeks. We wont go into a game with only 2 RB's

Ed
09-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Who also cannot replace what Nelson does.
Yeah, but who could at this point? They'll just have to adjust.

JoeMama
09-10-2012, 02:20 PM
I know this is the last thing anyone would want to happen, anywhere, ever, but I'd be okay if Terrell Owens got a look.

He's already played here.

His conditioning is never in question.

He had some chemistry with Fitz.

The entire move would reek of desperation, but what doesn't reek of desperation about this team after our performance yesterday?

The Jokeman
09-10-2012, 02:29 PM

We can trade the Raiders for Derek Hagan.

YardRat
09-10-2012, 02:29 PM
He can't replace what Nelson does. You need a bigger WR with some size.

I disagree. A good route runner with hands could fill the void. The only drawback would be Rosey is a touch slower than Nelson, but a tenth of a second is negligible.

DBrown77
09-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Maybe we dont sign another WR and go with Graham. I think we all forgot that were going to need a 3rd RB on the active roster until Fred gets back.

stuckincincy
09-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Id sign Chad Johnson and Im not kidding.

Same here. He has a child's mind. But he is a fearless athlete. I watched his CIN career; he took hellacious hits and came up.

Whatever one may think about him, however his skills have been diminished, when he dons the helmet, the drama queen is all business. He was a bad fit at NE - Brady scans 30-40 degrees or so and depends a lot on catchers running into that cone.

Best way to try to beat Brady is to push potential catchers towards the sidelines, and for a rusher who didn't get penetration to back up and fling the arms up.

Hit their twin TEs low at the snap.
There's not much use for a wr in their system.

Meathead
09-10-2012, 03:20 PM
losing nelson hurts but its better than losing stevie and will be easier to replace adequately. i really like the idea of letting roscoe come back and play the slot. why not, he would slide in and instantly have chemistry. jones stays on the outside

freddie being out a stretch also hurts but not as bad as out for the season. thank GODCHUDDY we got spiller. and if you havent realized it yet, freddie will be used a lot when he returns but he will never get his primary job back. its spillertime now

so injury wise it sucks but its not all that bad. just hope we can get a break from the injury bug for an extended period for once but not counting on it

DraftBoy
09-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Yeah, but who could at this point? They'll just have to adjust.

Anybody who has some size, soft hands, and knows how to use their body for positioning.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. A good route runner with hands could fill the void. The only drawback would be Rosey is a touch slower than Nelson, but a tenth of a second is negligible.

Not worried about speed, its the size and way Nelson plays. Roosey can't play the same way, that's why I dont want him as the replacement.

DraftBoy
09-10-2012, 03:57 PM
I know this is the last thing anyone would want to happen, anywhere, ever, but I'd be okay if Terrell Owens got a look.

He's already played here.

His conditioning is never in question.

He had some chemistry with Fitz.

The entire move would reek of desperation, but what doesn't reek of desperation about this team after our performance yesterday?

Id also be ok with this, why he or Chad Johnson don't get calls from this organization right now is beyond me. Both guys while asshats off the field are all business on it and are better than any other options mentioned by LIGHT YEARS.

Jimbuktu
09-10-2012, 04:06 PM
HEY, I'VE GOT AN IDEA! LET'S BRING BACK LEE EVANS!

DERPITY DERP DERP

ServoBillieves
09-10-2012, 04:15 PM
No hey great, remember that in the NFL to other teams injuries aren't an excuse since we NEVER have any. So our #2 (essentially) and our RB are hurt for an extended time.

Fan. ****ing. Tastic.

Mr. Pink
09-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Bring in Gaffney.

He can fill Nelson's role and produce.

Bert102176
09-10-2012, 11:19 PM
let TJ Graham do what we drafted him to do, play, sign tim hightower

Bert102176
09-10-2012, 11:22 PM
also cut thigpen bring in Branch at WR

Generalissimus Gibby
09-10-2012, 11:27 PM

Isn't he a bit old? Also, he hasn't been able to walk since he went swimming in the off season of 1921.

Mike
09-10-2012, 11:29 PM

STOP Picking on the Bills. Dont you know the moto by now? In Chan they trust

Generalissimus Gibby
09-10-2012, 11:41 PM
STOP Picking on the Bills. Dont you know the moto by now? In Chan they trust
They'd make perfect North Koreans. Is Ralph building a Juche Tower near One Bills Drive?

NOT THE DUDE...
09-11-2012, 09:34 AM
probably bring back naaman... good slot guy... can also play rb with brad smith if spiller or choice get hurt...