PDA

View Full Version : Don't Get It

Maximilli
09-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Fitz is a good enough quarterback to win but he is no tom brady or payton manning. that said why is chan treating him like he is an elite quarterback. Fitz throws way to much and there just to cute on offense. base your offense thru the run, you got two quality backs give them the damn ball. 1 down pass 2nd down run then guess what a pass there to predictable. so what if they know its a run, run it down there throats let our offense line push them instead of being push. tired of this 5 wr set quick passes teams caught on to that. when running the we control the clock. jets couldn't get no rushing yards but they stick with it cause they baby sanchez and it works for them. put corey mcintyre in the game and run the ball. FITZ THROWS TO MUCH.

BertSquirtgum
09-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Fitz is a good enough quarterback to win

Noooo, no he isn't.

BleedinGreenNC
09-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Fitz is a good enough quarterback to win but he is no tom brady or payton manning. that said why is chan treating him like he is an elite quarterback. Fitz throws way to much and there just to cute on offense. base your offense thru the run, you got two quality backs give them the damn ball. 1 down pass 2nd down run then guess what a pass there to predictable. so what if they know its a run, run it down there throats let our offense line push them instead of being push. tired of this 5 wr set quick passes teams caught on to that. when running the we control the clock. jets couldn't get no rushing yards but they stick with it cause they baby sanchez and it works for them. put corey mcintyre in the game and run the ball. FITZ THROWS TO MUCH.

What has Fitz won?

kingJofNYC
09-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Good enough to lose with.

Mahdi
09-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Spiller should see the ball on 50% of our snaps. Running a ton, screens, shovel passes, wheel routes, option routes etc. The guy is one of the most elusive RBs in the NFL. Can't think of many guys who are as hard to put a hand on as Spiller.

To top it off he can catch the ball anywhere on the field deep or short.

Maximilli
09-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Spiller should see the ball on 50% of our snaps. Running a ton, screens, shovel passes, wheel routes, option routes etc. The guy is one of the most elusive RBs in the NFL. Can't think of many guys who are as hard to put a hand on as Spiller.

I agree use fred and cj as work horses we can win with fitz gotta use him better. Beginning of last season we were one of the hottest teams in the league cause we had something new with that 5 set now teams caught on and gotta find something different run the ball cj had what 16 carries not enough for him

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 01:41 PM

I would agree with you if we still had Jackson healthy. But with him gone for at least 4 weeks, we have to find a balance between keeping Spiller healthy and giving him chances to make plays. If he gets hurt now, then our RB combo becomes Choice- Johnny White. That's scary bad.

SabreEleven
09-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Chan is a pass-happy offensive coach and he is going to make his players fit into that system come hell or high water.

BleedinGreenNC
09-10-2012, 01:42 PM
I agree use fred and cj as work horses we can win with fitz gotta use him better. Beginning of last season we were one of the hottest teams in the league cause we had something new with that 5 set now teams caught on and gotta find something different run the ball cj had what 16 carries not enough for him

The only time that the 5 set will is when a team has a below average secondary, or doesnt have great depth. You do that to say teams like the 49ers, Ravens or the Jets, and you will fail.

Maximilli
09-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Just give Fred and Cj the ball. The receivers we have are not fast receivers they don't get separation making it a tougher for Fitz. gotta keep defense guessing

BleedinGreenNC
09-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Just give Fred and Cj the ball. The receivers we have are not fast receivers they don't get separation making it a tougher for Fitz. gotta keep defense guessing

Looks like its going to have to be Choice and Spiller with Jackson out for 4 weeks. Fitz just doesnt have it, and your backups are not going to fix the problem.

don137
09-10-2012, 01:59 PM
He is 1-9 since he signed the contract extension.

BertSquirtgum
09-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Chan is a pass-happy offensive coach and he is going to make his players fit into that system come hell or high water.

Too stubborn for his own good. He sucks.

YardRat
09-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Fitz played as poorly as he ever has, and all three of his picks were due to bad reads, which is supposed to be the advantage he has over others (his brain). Revis' pick and the gift TD were two of the poorest passes I've seen him throw, from a 'read' perspective. That being said, his throwing motion looked a little different yesterday and it's possible that Lee has screwed him up a bit. Early in the season, pre-"rib injury", Fitz would really get his ass behind the throw, like he was trying to put it through a brick wall. Yesterday he looked more technical, less gunslinger (if that's the proper term).

OpIv37
09-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Fitz played as poorly as he ever has, and all three of his picks were due to bad reads, which is supposed to be the advantage he has over others (his brain). Revis' pick and the gift TD were two of the poorest passes I've seen him throw, from a 'read' perspective. That being said, his throwing motion looked a little different yesterday and it's possible that Lee has screwed him up a bit. Early in the season, pre-"rib injury", Fitz would really get his ass behind the throw, like he was trying to put it through a brick wall. Yesterday he looked more technical, less gunslinger (if that's the proper term).

His release looked really slow.

I do a martial arts class, and when I learn a new technique, I literally have to think about every little part of it as I'm doing it. After a while, I get the muscle memory and it gets burned into my brain, and I can do it right 99 times out of 100 without even thinking. Fitz looked like he was still at the beginning of that process. He was making his reads slow, then he was overthinking his passing motion on every throw. It looked so deliberate and unnatural, and the ball had no zip on it.