• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Don't get giddy over Spiller - BUF marketing dream-come-true

He had a couple of nice pops. Against a club with a decent lead, playing defense like a club with a decent lead. In his 3rd year, after being the 9th pick in 2010, he garners 169 yards in a debacle.

Wait for the hype from OBD - BUF is a great running team. Ignore that QB and those WRs behind that curtain. Please forget that the rules make the NFL a passing game. Pay no attention to our pass game problems. Buy those tickets.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Don't get giddy over Spiller - BUF marketing dream-come-true

We're now knocking the only strength from yesterday ?

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

yeah i dont buy it. i think hes for real. hes become so smooth and refreshing, lets face it - its spillertime
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
        We're now knocking the only strength from yesterday ?
        Preventative medicine.

I don't want folks to fall into that "yeah but we run well" trap. That's akin to teams that crow about things like "we were near tops in pass defense"! as they were run ragged. Next season, the club crows "we look to the future because were tops in run defense!" I.E., why run against these saps? - we can pass them silly.

You know I live in the CIN area - 22 years now. I've lived the baseline. It's shuddering to realize that the BUF and CIN franchises are pretty much in lockstep.

Comment

• zone
          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
          • Oct 2003

If you can't see that what Spiller did at the end of last year and again yesterday is not hype then you are blind.
          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• gebobs
            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by zone View Post
            If you can't see that what Spiller did at the end of last year and again yesterday is not hype then you are blind.
            Too bad he's in the wrong system. Gailey goes to Fitz and the pass like he's coaching the Steve Young-led Niners.
            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

Bengals have made the playoffs a few times in the last decade, they're no longer in lock step, clearly ahead of the game.

As for Spiller, he played well down the stretch last season, more of a trend than an outlier. IF Revis doesn't make the shoestring tackle he probably goes for over 200. That's one thing I noticed last year. Spiller was always a missed tackle away from really breaking the long one, yesterday he broke two.

I'm looking forward to watching him. Seems like a nice guy, never once pouted, says the right thing, hard not to like the guy. You could feel him pressing early in his career, wanted to show what he had immediately, but sometimes slow and steady wins the race.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                • Aug 2012

So I just want to get this straight.

When Buddy picks ****ty players, it's because he's stupid, and when he picks good players, it's to sell you on some hype.

Alright then.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by zone View Post
                  No - you are blind to the business. And the NFL is show business first - make no mistake.

The run game is visceral. The NFL knows it, we know it. A catch for 2 yards followed by a 50 yard YAC is just not the same as a hand-off with the same result

There is no shortage of teams - owners - that pick them to spice up attendance through the years. BUF is a good example...Drafts McGahee (chased out of town but still doing well) with a serviceable Travis Henry in the fold. Drafts Lynch with a serviceable McGahee. Drafts Spiller with a serviceable Lynch. All in the face of an ever-increasing pass-friendly league.
                  Last edited by stuckincincy; 09-10-2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

Wow dude you have ISSUES. Matter of fact your Issues have Problems. He was the one bright spot at end of year last year and yesterday. Spiller has been looking damn good.

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                      He had a couple of nice pops. Against a club with a decent lead, playing defense like a club with a decent lead. In his 3rd year, after being the 9th pick in 2010, he garners 169 yards in a debacle.

Wait for the hype from OBD - BUF is a great running team. Ignore that QB and those WRs behind that curtain. Please forget that the rules make the NFL a passing game. Pay no attention to our pass game problems. Buy those tickets.
                      you are both wrong and right. spillers 1st td run was when the jets still cared. yes the jets became uninterested, but you don't just get 169 yards by default. plus spiller became legit at the end of last season and proved it again on sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry but we need a groan button

Comment

• BidsJr
                        • Sep 2002

Spillers patience is about a million times better than when he was a rookie. I expect to see big things out of him if he can stay healthy and hold on to the rock.
                        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          • May 2009

This post is a ******.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                            This post is a ******.
                            Go buy those 7 dollar kool-aid beers and shove those 5 dollar tube steaks down your gullet and pay that $20+ parking, stare at the tv ,and tell me about how the NFL is not show biz.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                              • Sep 2003

Hey, at least this week we won't lose as bad as last week!

Comment

Working...
                              X