Without Nelson, it's up to Chandler to pick up the slack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Without Nelson, it's up to Chandler to pick up the slack.

Regardless of who they bring in or call up to replace Nelson the work that needs to be done is over the middle. Chandler is going to assume that responsibility better than anyone we acquire.

He's got the size, he's got solid hands, the question is can he line-up in the spread? Is he quick enough? Or do they run more Shotgun with a TE?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• CoolBreeze
    • Feb 2009

Re: Without Nelson, it's up to Chandler to pick up the slack.

Agreed, I think he's very solid and could pick up the slack. As cheesy as it sounds he also has chemistry with Fitzpatrick. Though I'm not sure if he's fast enough to work out of the slot in a spread formation. More Shotgun with a TE would be the best fit IMO

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

He's not fast enough to fill that position. With our already weak depth at WR the Nelson injury is going to hurt us. He actually did pretty decent last season in that role.

Comment

• MattyNH
        • Nov 2011

I disagree, someone will fill the slot role and make some plays. Maybe Chandler will make a few more catches but not by much IMO. They need production from that position (slot wr) or it will be a long season.

Comment

Working...
        X