PDA

View Full Version : Tarvaris Jackson still not ready

Johnny Bugmenot
09-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Tyler Thigpen still No. 2 on Bills QB depth chart
by Tim Graham

Bills coach Chan Gailey said today Tyler Thigpen remains the backup, and Tarvaris Jackson is the No. 3 as Jackson continues to learn the Bills' playbook.

Gailey said Jackson is "still not ready to go. He's still got a lot to learn. That was a tough situation he was in. He's still learning the whole system."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/09/tyler-thigpen-still-no-2-on-bills-qb-depth-chart.html

Mr. Pink
09-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Go figure, he's only been here a couple weeks.

It'll likely take til near the bye for him to be ready.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Go figure, he's only been here a couple weeks.

It'll likely take til near the bye for him to be ready.
Which is why, as I said, only an idiot or Al Davis signs a quarterback in the middle of the preseason (or regular season) unless it's an injury emergency.

BertSquirtgum
09-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Should have just kept the dummy.

jimmifli
09-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Should have just kept the dummy.

My guess is they both know about the same right now.

PTI
09-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Umm, 3 step drop and sling it.............

Would be easier to bring him in if WE HANDED THE BALL OFF MORE OFTEN!!!!!!!!!!

Extremebillsfan247
09-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Tyler Thigpen still No. 2 on Bills QB depth chart
by Tim Graham

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/09/tyler-thigpen-still-no-2-on-bills-qb-depth-chart.html
It's not surprising. Trying to learn the offense when the season is already on going, knowing he will get no reps in practice, would make any QB's job of getting ready an extremely tough one. Jackson probably wont be ready until mid season at the earliest, is my guess. The day he has to take the field, is when the Bills have given up on the season. JMO

Night Train
09-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Fitz is playing anyhow for the next few weeks no matter what he does, barring injury.

If they made a move to Jackson, it would be during the Bye in late Oct. and the season would be near hopeless by then.

Lone Stranger
09-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I do not see why Jackson could not enter a game even if he only know 50 plays. Perhaps Gailey likes Fitz because Fitz knows 500 plays(Harvard grad) and that is how the coach evaluates a QB.

PTI
09-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Title of this thread could have been, "Fitz still not ready" and it would still work.

stuckincincy
09-11-2012, 02:32 PM
I do not see why Jackson could not enter a game even if he only know 50 plays. Perhaps Gailey likes Fitz because Fitz knows 500 plays(Harvard grad) and that is how the coach evaluates a QB.

Bingo. I think that coaches and staffs justify their jobs with these 300 page playbooks. Then they wail on about "lack of execution."

Jackson could step in and have a darn good idea about what's going on. Lombardi once ran the power sweep 25+ times in a row, and when asked about it, he replied that they couldn't stop it, so why not?

Beebe's Kid
09-11-2012, 03:00 PM
No doubt it is a complicated system...I mean you saw the laser like precision with which the offense executed it on Sunday...In fact, I'd think we are ready to add a few new wrinkles...I mean if we are going to push the envelope this far, why not complicate it a little more.

I hear after every game how receivers weren't in the right postion etc. We had to cut Young because he wasn't able to grasp the system...our third round draft pick couldn't be on the field for the opener because he still didn't know the system. Easley is on the PS because he couldn't get it...

I am going to wait another week before I get too crazy, but it sounds as if this "system" may be unnecessarily complicated. It sounds good to keep talking about "the system," but when do we get to see it?

GvilleBills
09-11-2012, 03:59 PM
The "system" looks like hammered dog $#!*. Adapt to your players

trapezeus
09-11-2012, 06:19 PM
no one is ever ready to do anything with this team. i know i'm just mad, but the absolute awfulness of that game was a joke. and just more excuses of waiting and trying new stuff, but never trying new stuff.

Who wants to bet the stache will have a plain defense with no ways to generate pressure and gailey will still rely on out passes with fitz and pass more while CJ has 100 yards on like 8-15 carrier?

TigerJ
09-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I figured it would be close to a third of a season before Gailey would be ready to make a choice between Thigpen and Jackson as the ultimate backup to Fitzpatrick. Until he's ready to make that choice, Thigpen will be the backup. What I'd like to know is when Fitzpatrick will be ready to start recognizing when a CB is in position to jump the route on out passes. While his accuracy was lacking most of the game, and especially the first half, it looked to me as if all three interceptions happened on out passes there the QB just jumped the route. They ranged from plays where the CB made a spectacular athletic grab to catching the ball right in stride, but every one was a jumped route. If Fitz can't start recognizing it he will never succeed as an NFL QB.

Luisito23
09-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Somebody please tell me how ready does one need to be to throw 3 stupid picks, and look like a complete fool.

BillsOverDolphins
09-12-2012, 11:47 AM
If by system you mean handing it off or dumping it off to Spiller every down, then he should be ready.