PDA

View Full Version : How 30 Minutes Erased All The Momentum From The Offseason

Joebuffalowins
09-10-2012, 05:09 PM
With the biggest splash the Bills have ever made, Bills fans around the world had to think that this defense was going to be infinitely better than what the franchise put on the field last season. Add to that the favorable schedule and fans were thinking about something they haven't seen in 13 years, the playoffs. It took about 30 minutes to erase all of that goodwill from the offseason and have Bills fans fearing the worse. The Bills finished the first half against the Jets down 27-7; watched their quarterback throw two bad interceptions; saw one of their two starting running backs go down with a knee injury; and saw the vaunted defense just get thrashed around the field.

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-bills/articles/how-30-minutes-erased-all-the-momentum-from-the-offseason.html

Albany,n.y.
09-10-2012, 05:27 PM
30 minutes? It was over a little past the 17 minute mark when it was 21-0 and I knew I had to sit in the stands for the next 2 hours of a blowout loss. I hate to say this about Zachary what's his name but the story could have been written by someone who didn't watch the game and my guess is he was too wrapped up in Sabre videos while the Bills were playing on Sunday.

BillsFever21
09-10-2012, 05:37 PM
This game was done after Fitzpatrick's first two interceptions and then the PR for a touchdown. We had a chance to grab some momentum after an interception but Fitz gave it right back. The next drive he throws yet another horrible INT. Then after another useless drive came the PR for a touchdown. The game was over before fans could even get settled into the new season starting.

Then any chance of having a chance in the 2nd half was tossed away with Fitz's worse INT of the day which was returned for a TD. Average play by Fitz and not turning the ball over left and right and things would've been different which would've given us a fighting chance.

jdaltroy5
09-10-2012, 06:16 PM
"Momentum" is just a bs word.

There's no such thing as offseason momentum.

You either made good moves and made your team better or you didn't.

gebobs
09-10-2012, 06:20 PM
"Momentum" is just a bs word.

There's no such thing as offseason momentum.

You either made good moves and made your team better or you didn't.
I think what he meant was fan goodwill.