PDA

View Full Version : If we bomb out again this season Gailey needs to go

BillsFever21
09-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Lets face it this guy is junk. There is a reason why nobody else wanted him as a HC for a decade and that we were the only team to give him one.

For somebody who is supposed to be an offensive genius we sure haven't seen it going into his 3rd season as our coach. Sure we had some good games or stretches but for the most part we have been pathetic.

Coaches usually get 3 years and then you need to decide what you're going to to with them. If we end up with another losing record and show we can't beat any of the good teams but beat up on some cupcackes on our 2nd half schedule he needs to go. I'd take him as an OC but he isn't HC material. If he was then somebody would've came knocking on his door while he bolted for Georgia Tech. He couldn't even excel in college football let alone the NFL as a HC.

BertSquirtgum
09-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Gailey needed to go last season when they lost 8 out of the last 9 games. He blows.

BillsFever21
09-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Gailey needed to go last season when they lost 8 out of the last 9 games. He blows.

I agree and said it then but the Bills always wait until the 3rd year to make a decision. Ralph doesn't like paying out contracts for coaches that are no longer here if he doesn't need to.

Meathead
09-10-2012, 06:13 PM
if they do indeed bomb out to the tune of six or seven wins, and it wasnt because another five or six of our best players get injured again, then yeah hes probably in very hot water. even so he probably deserves one more season regardless, but more sucessful coaches have been canned for less

gebobs
09-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Been preaching this on the Range since he was hired. Ga Tech fans here were like why?

jdaltroy5
09-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Well yeah, I think that's pretty obvious.

Also, just about every team gives a coach 3 years.

If you don't, you're just being impatient.

BillsFever21
09-10-2012, 06:21 PM
if they do indeed bomb out to the tune of six or seven wins, and it wasnt because another five or six of our best players get injured again, then yeah hes probably in very hot water. even so he probably deserves one more season regardless, but more sucessful coaches have been canned for less

There isn't any way he deserves one more season if we bomb out again regardless of any injuries. Every team has injuries. Good coaches work with it. I'm sick of hearing about last season as an excuse. We were bombing out before most of the main injuries happened. Even with them we shouldn't have been as bad as we were if we had a decent team/coaching staff.

EDS
09-10-2012, 06:29 PM
The Bills front office (Buddy) and coaching staff (Chan and Dave W.) was state of the art 15 years ago. Problem is, the game has left these retirement age dudes behind.

BertSquirtgum
09-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Doug Whaley needs to do a corporate take over and throw these old ****s out on their asses. Time for some young blood running the front office.

Billz_fan
09-10-2012, 07:12 PM
I never wanted him here in the first place. I have hated the hire since day 1. Another 3 years wasted. This team needs front office new blood in a bad way.

Turf
09-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Who the hells going to fire anyone, Ralph? Ralph is hanging onto dear life. There is absolutely no leadership anywhere in the ranks of this organization. And that won't happen until a new owner runs the team.

BertSquirtgum
09-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Anybody ever watch the show Bar Rescue? Many times there is no leadership at the top of the business and it's being run into the ground. Same thing going on with this organization. If we had an owner who knew what day of the week it was, the team would be much better off. Instead we have a 92 senile man who is letting a bunch of idiots run his legacy into the ground.

kingJofNYC
09-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Can't wait to see which retread they hire this time.

SpikedLemonade
09-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Who the hells going to fire anyone, Ralph? Ralph is hanging onto dear life. There is absolutely no leadership anywhere in the ranks of this organization. And that won't happen until a new owner runs the team.

This is true.

As long as Ralph is living, Chan and Buddy have a job.

Anywhere else and they are thrown out after 3 losing years.

Not in Buffalo.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-10-2012, 07:49 PM
This is true.

As long as Ralph is living, Chan and Buddy have a job.

Anywhere else and they are thrown out after 3 losing years.

Not in Buffalo.
I think its time to either import or restart that Don't Worry be Happy thread. :D

Meathead
09-10-2012, 08:48 PM
well even if ralphs age isnt/wasnt a factor i personally would give chan one more year almost regardless of what happens. i mean if there are few injuries and the team still looks like ѕhit at the end of the season i guess i would have no choice but to call for his firing. but if they have a decent run and end up btwn seven and nine wins i personally would prefer they give him another year

yes, this roster should have enough talent to challenge for the postseason. but at 7-9 it literally only takes two plays all season to go from in the playoffs to out of them. so if they are that close i personally would prefer they stick with the current regime and give them one last shot at it. theyd have another offseason to fine tune and i think it would be a good and fair decision to give them that shot. the team of chan/buddy/wanny/whaley has had success before in the nfl so i would prefer to just hang on to that for one more shot than to start out fresh. seems like a bigger risk to clean the slate for little short term reward

just my two and a half cents

Marcala12
09-10-2012, 09:40 PM
you deserve three full seasons if it appears as though you still have a chance of getting s*** together. Chan lost the team last year, case in point 8 losses in 9 games. He should have been kicked to the curb at the end of last year. We have better talent this year and an easy schedule so we were willing to give the team a shot at being decent, but not thanks to Gailey. If we were going to be decent this year it would have been because our o-line and d-line have real talent. But it looks like another guy we shouldn't have given this season to after last year's debacle, Fitz, is going to ruin any chance the lines have of winning 8-9 games this year.

Fitz and Gailey are tied to the hip. An average team would be able to win 8-9 games this year with this schedule. We have better than average talent ON PAPER. So if we win less than 8 games this year it's on the QB and the coach and we cut ties with the two of them. But in that case the origination should take some heat too because Fitz and Chan shouldn't really have been given a chance this year anyhow.

Albany,n.y.
09-10-2012, 11:19 PM
The season before we hired Chan as head coach he was fired in preseason as an offensive coordinator.
What other team hires an assistant coach who gets fired by another team & promotes him to head coach? We almost did the same thing with Jauron. He was an assistant with Detroit, got named interim coach when the head coach was fired, then wasn't asked back for either position-so we took him and made him our head coach.
It's time to bring a real head coach in, not some guy who just got fired from a lesser job. If this keeps up our next coach will be a guy who just got fired from his high school job.

Mike
09-10-2012, 11:41 PM
I agree and said it then but the Bills always wait until the 3rd year to make a decision. Ralph doesn't like paying out contracts for coaches that are no longer here if he doesn't need to.

What does that tell you? MONEY is more important that winning. Many posters are unwilling to give up one game, have one extra loss in a meaningless season in order to draft top QB but Ralph is willing to give up a whole season.

Turf
09-11-2012, 12:42 AM
The season before we hired Chan as head coach he was fired in preseason as an offensive coordinator.
What other team hires an assistant coach who gets fired by another team & promotes him to head coach? We almost did the same thing with Jauron. He was an assistant with Detroit, got named interim coach when the head coach was fired, then wasn't asked back for either position-so we took him and made him our head coach.
It's time to bring a real head coach in, not some guy who just got fired from a lesser job. If this keeps up our next coach will be a guy who just got fired from his high school job.

I agree with you. The sad part is Ralph opened up his pocket book 3 years ago, and couldn't get Gruden, Cowher, Shanahan, or any name coach to come here. We settled for Gailey. We couldn't even throw money at coaches to get them here.

SeatownBillsFan21
09-11-2012, 01:27 AM
I agree with you. The sad part is Ralph opened up his pocket book 3 years ago, and couldn't get Gruden, Cowher, Shanahan, or any name coach to come here. We settled for Gailey. We couldn't even throw money at coaches to get them here.
This was true but i dont think we need a Gruden or Cowher to get this team going in the right direction. a young OC or Collage hard nosed coach with a good eye for young talent who doesn't have a ego the size of his @&*& would be fine with me. i dont need a big name guy to be happy just a guy who knows what he has and is not afraid to make a change when its not working.

JoeMama
09-11-2012, 02:27 AM
Chan Gailey doesn't deserve so much as a second thought if we suck this year.

This is the all mighty, magical "year three" that every GM gushes over.

The year where it all comes together.

If we continue to fall apart, Chan needs to go.

John Harbaugh, Jim Harbaugh, Mike Smith, and even Tony Sparano made the playoffs in their FIRST seasons as head coaches with considerably larger talent deficits.

If we can't get the job done this season, Chan is destined for the UFL or at best some second rate college program.

kingJofNYC
09-11-2012, 02:28 AM
Don't forget Harbaugh, they reached out to him as well and he declined. Marty's son, former Jets OC now with the Rams, even turned us down. That coaching search was a disaster and basically summed up this franchise. NFL Siberia.

Dont agree about John Harbaugh not having talent, their D is incredible and all but a handful were already there.

Jim also had a good base when he got there. Niners had the worst coach in the league in Singletary, their D was legit, but with that buffoon running the show they couldnt get out of their own way. They have the two best linebackers in the league and one of if not the most underrated defensive linemen in the league in J.Smith.

All of it in place before Harbs got there. Good coaching took an already talented team and got them into contention in a hurry. Still don't think we have the horses. Look at our receivers, Johnson is it. We don't have a TE like Davis.

Historian
09-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Don't forget Harbaugh, they reached out to him as well and he declined. Marty's son, former Jets OC now with the Rams, even turned us down. That coaching search was a disaster and basically summed up this franchise. NFL Siberia.

NOBODY OF ANY WORTH WANTS THE JOB!

Dump Chan, and you're essentially looking at three more years of rebuilding with some other no-name or cast-off.

I want Haslett here so bad that I'm willing to go out to Los Angeles and beat up Isiah Robertson for him.

PTI
09-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Gailey is stubborn as hell. He played freaking Reggie Ball all 4 years at Georgia Tech, and only sat him down in the bowl game of Reggie's senior season, he is a terribly arrogant coach.

Mahdi
09-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Lets face it this guy is junk. There is a reason why nobody else wanted him as a HC for a decade and that we were the only team to give him one.

For somebody who is supposed to be an offensive genius we sure haven't seen it going into his 3rd season as our coach. Sure we had some good games or stretches but for the most part we have been pathetic.

Coaches usually get 3 years and then you need to decide what you're going to to with them. If we end up with another losing record and show we can't beat any of the good teams but beat up on some cupcackes on our 2nd half schedule he needs to go. I'd take him as an OC but he isn't HC material. If he was then somebody would've came knocking on his door while he bolted for Georgia Tech. He couldn't even excel in college football let alone the NFL as a HC.

I think you're 100% wrong.

Gailey got the best out of a bunch of 7th round and undrafted offensive players. His system is great and with a more talented QB and another WR I think we would have a top 5 offense. Even if Bill Cowher was coaching this team he wouldn't have gotten much more in terms of wins.

Bringing in Wanny was a good decision as Wanny defenses have historically been very solid defenses. So that was a good call. Gailey needs more time to bring in talent. Changing coaches would not help and would only make things much much worse. And yes, there is worse than this.

I remember our offense failing to reach the redzone in entire games.... We just need to let this thing play out and if Fitz is the problem he will be replaced and we just have to hope Gailey gets a good QB at that time.

PTI
09-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Gailey has not got the best of of this team. Umm, Miami fired their coach for having no talent and winning 6 games last year. THey had nothing on offense, Bills had more. Jaguars won 1 less game then the Bills, and they had to have one of the easiest to defend offenses in football. Redskins had no running at all, the won 5 games with Grossman and Beck, so they had to do something, go all on the a QB or fire their coach. Bears faded, would have made the playoffs last year had Cutler not got hurt, they know how important having weapons are, they get Marshall and pay Jason Campbell over 4 million, almost 5 to backup. Seahawks won 7 with Jackson, with Lynch running and NO receivers, and the Cardinals still won 8 with Skelton and Kolb and NO offensive line and NO running game at all.

I would say people overestimate what Chan gets out of this team, this is salary cap era football, it is hard not to at least be near the middle of the pack with whoever you got.

Mahdi
09-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Gailey has not got the best of of this team. Umm, Miami fired their coach for having no talent and winning 6 games last year. THey had nothing on offense, Bills had more. Jaguars won 1 less game then the Bills, and they had to have one of the easiest to defend offenses in football. Redskins had no running at all, the won 5 games with Grossman and Beck, so they had to do something, go all on the a QB or fire their coach. Bears faded, would have made the playoffs last year had Cutler not got hurt, they know how important having weapons are, they get Marshall and pay Jason Campbell over 4 million, almost 5 to backup. Seahawks won 7 with Jackson, with Lynch running and NO receivers, and the Cardinals still won 8 with Skelton and Kolb and NO offensive line and NO running game at all.

I would say people overestimate what Chan gets out of this team, this is salary cap era football, it is hard not to at least be near the middle of the pack with whoever you got.

Well yer wrong cause Seattle has some pretty good receivers (Tate, Baldwin, Mike Williams was good last year) They also had a lot of talent on defense. At the end the went 7-9 and made the playoffs.

Arizona did have a run game and a decent OL too. Beanie had over 1000 and 10 TDs. They also have the best WR in the game arguably.

You only solidify my point when you mention the Bears. They were only good when they had Cutler. Once they lost him they went down. The Bills with Cutler would be a playoff team easily with the talent we have in other areas.

Gailey is not the problem.

BertSquirtgum
09-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Gailey is not the problem.

You are similar to an alcoholic that's in denial.

billsburgh
09-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Gailey should be fired for the sole reason of clinging to the notion that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a good enough quarterback to take this team to where it needs to go. I don't understand his blind loyalty to Fitzputrid.

Luisito23
09-11-2012, 12:55 PM
This thread is about 2 years too late...I still remember that guy's first call as our new head coach, he came out in the pistol with Edwards as the QB. LOL, talk about being lost.

BillsFever21
09-11-2012, 04:03 PM

Gailey got the best out of a bunch of 7th round and undrafted offensive players. His system is great and with a more talented QB and another WR I think we would have a top 5 offense. Even if Bill Cowher was coaching this team he wouldn't have gotten much more in terms of wins.

Bringing in Wanny was a good decision as Wanny defenses have historically been very solid defenses. So that was a good call. Gailey needs more time to bring in talent. Changing coaches would not help and would only make things much much worse. And yes, there is worse than this.

I remember our offense failing to reach the redzone in entire games.... We just need to let this thing play out and if Fitz is the problem he will be replaced and we just have to hope Gailey gets a good QB at that time.

You must be one of the types that think sticking with a proven loser is better then taking the chance of finding an upgrade and striking lightning with new coach. We heard some of the same type of people that said the same thing about Jauron when he was here. We saw how that turned out in the end. A good coach most of the time doesn't bomb out like we did and get blown away in just about every game the 2nd half of the season. If he has another bad season this year then there isn't any excuse to justify his return.

Sure big deal if our offense is slightly better then several years ago. Just about every team in the league has a better offense after they changed the rules. When you stack them up against the league they aren't very good. Our offense AND defense was putrid the last half of the season last year. Where was his offensive genius then?

And finally in the end it all comes down to winning. He has 10 wins in his first two seasons. That's even worse then Jauron. We were a 7 win team for the most part every season and Jauron stunk. If Gailey can't lead a more talented team to a winning record especially with the schedule we have this year then he needs to go.

Even if he was a good offensive coach it doesn't mean he is a good HC. Many great OC's and DC's have failed as a HC. They need to be in control of all sides of the ball and not just their particular field of expertise. They need to be able to coach up their players, find other competent assistant coaches and the biggest thing be able to make in-game adjustments. The good coaches can do that. He hasn't proven that he can.

The way I look at it is if a decent NFL coach went to college they would normally have a great team and do a great job there. His Georgia Tech teams were never good teams and around .500 teams for the years he was there. Many great college coaches can't cut it in the NFL. A good NFL coach should be able to thrive in college football.

The King
09-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Can't wait to see which retread they hire this time.

Bingo... who's going to come here? Everyone passed last time, why would they be interested now after another failure.

Mr. Pink
09-11-2012, 04:09 PM

:rofl:

Dick Jauron got more wins out of less talent around these parts.