X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Response to Rodney Harrison

The guy is opinionated and I respect that but I challenge him to remember how the 2003 season started and ended.

Yeah week 1 overreaction and being a hypocrite is what he is doing/is.

Bottom line lets see how bills look against chiefs, if result is the same then we have a problem Houston. I am going to venture it is not going to be the same.

That being said I still think Buffalo is 9-7 barring Fitz can actually be competent, and that is a big IF.
    Last edited by DesertFox24; 09-11-2012, 08:19 AM.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Response to Rodney Harrison

More "exception to prove the rule." Sure, 9 years ago, NE came back from a debacle in the first week to have a great season, but that's the exception. The overwhelming majority of teams that look like crap in every aspect of the game in week 1 turn out to be crap.

Harrison's a dirtbag but he's right until the team proves differently.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DesertFox24
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      More "exception to prove the rule." Sure, 9 years ago, NE came back from a debacle in the first week to have a great season, but that's the exception. The overwhelming majority of teams that look like crap in every aspect of the game in week 1 turn out to be crap.

Harrison's a dirtbag but he's right until the team proves differently.
      I am at work and honestly do not care do the research but there are A LOT of teams over the history of the league that look a lot better than they did week 1.

Other things to consider and not that this is an excuse but we were playing a whole new offensive coaching and had no film. I know us bills fans know a lot about that as the Monday night game against the pats we had a new offense and almost won, and other games.

Look bottom line is it was bad and embarrassing and it was to the jets which compounds it because I hate them more than any other team in all sports combined (I route for Pats 2 times a year and Phins 4 times a year) that is how much I hate the jets. In fact a buddy asked me if the jets winning a game would ensure the bills to go into the playoffs would I route for them and I said I don't know my hatred for them is primal and I am not sure. Given this knowledge I think you can understand how PISSED I was on Sunday.

All that aside the chiefs game will be the indicator, for both our Pass Defense and Fitz I believe.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
        • Feb 2009

Don't forget, this is a new defense for the Bills, with several new starters.....

Comment

• DesertFox24
          • Jul 2005

PS I have hated the Jets my whole life, this hatred is B.R hatred (Before Rex) and will always be for eternity.

Not that any of you care but my second hated team is The Gators (grew up in north Florida and Gator fans are why I hate them). Now that Tebow is a Jet and his team beat my team it is like rubbing salt in the wound.

I am getting mad writing this message........................

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

1981 Season opener: Bills 31 Jets 0

Final standings: Miami 11-4-1
            Jets 10-5-1
            Bills 10-6

Comment

• mikemac2001
              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
              • Mar 2003

Didnt the giants lose week one last year? to the redskins

people want to make a big deal of something that isnt

we didnt show up we didnt get the bounces end of story

MUCK
              FIAMI

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                I am at work and honestly do not care do the research but there are A LOT of teams over the history of the league that look a lot better than they did week 1.
                That's not what I said.

Yes, lots of teams go on to look better than they did in Week 1. But most teams don't look like absolute crap in week 1 (like we just did) go on to amount to anything. I certainly don't expect the Bills to look THAT bad every single game, so they will look better than they did in Week 1. However, teams that play that poorly rarely if ever amount to anything. It's just not realistic to expect a team that friggin horrible to get it together.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by mikemac2001 View Post
                Didnt the giants lose week one last year? to the redskins

people want to make a big deal of something that isnt

we didnt show up we didnt get the bounces end of story
                Once again, there's a difference between a loss and an utter ass-kicking where we failed in every aspect of the game. This was more than just a few mistakes and a few bad bounces. It was utter incompetence.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• airdog32
                  • Oct 2003

This team is pretty simple to figure out! We don't get surprised by very much anymore( except winning). I can at least say that I am still optimistic that this team can put a run together! 0-1 does not mean your season is over! I think the JETS played there hand very close they looked alot better than advertised with BLo's help of course. Once we establish a pass rush things will fall into place.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                    • Oct 2002

My issue with Harrison is that he says that Mario should have taken less to go to a more competitive team, which is fine, but not really after Mario does nothing in the game. Not sure discussing why he went to Buffalo would be a topic after he was non-existent. Buffalo would be a more competitive team, if Mario helped apply pressure to the QB. No accountability. Harrison is a loser.

Comment

• GingerP
                      • Aug 2012

Harrison's comment was more a slight against Fitzpatrick than Williams. He is basically saying Williams should have taken less money to go to a team with a franchise QB because he would have a chance to win while in his prime. He pointed to Jared Allen, who took money in Minnesota but nobody gets to see him play much because he isn't on a competitive team.

Harrison is basically saying Buffalo has no chance to win because they don't have a QB worth a damn. He thinks Williams would be better off with less money but with a team that has a top QB, because he would be able to win. He isn't putting down Williams, he is saying Fitzpatrick sucks.

Can't say I disagree with him.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

cancel the season its over
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                          • Oct 2002

The timing wasn't great. Mario just had a terrible game. Focus on that. Jared Allen dominates the game, no one gets to see that I guess. No one missed anything from Mario if they didn't watch that game.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                            • Feb 2006

We demolished the chiefs week one last year. That didnt really work out for us. It's just one game.

Comment

• GingerP
                              • Aug 2012

At the end of the day, the parade of suckage at the QB position has haunted the Bills for too long. They need to get a talented young QB as the centerpiece of their team. If Harrison is saying that, I agree with him. As for the rest of it, he can suck a lemon.

Comment

Working...
                              X