PDA

View Full Version : Forget about the Quarterback Whisperer! Unleash Fitz!!!

blackonyx89
09-11-2012, 09:21 AM
The worse thing that happened to Fitz Patrick was the fact that the Bills brass brought in an "acclaimed" quarterbacks coach to work on his mechanics. Now Fitz is overthinking his newly learned skills and it's affecting his game, he's waiting too long for a play to develop and releasing the ball. I say dump the new stuff and let him go back to his old style of play, and sling it when he wants to and his foot planting issues when he delivers the ball. He lives by his unorthodox style, he dies by his unorthodox style, that's the old Fitz and he was good doing that. They've got nothing to lose so LET HIM LOOSE and SET HIM FREE!!!

Mahdi
09-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Very possible.... adapting to new techniques at his age might not work.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-11-2012, 09:36 AM
i agree... look we all know fitz is not a franchise guy, and at best, hes a marginal starter who is not afraid to take chances... revolve the o around cj, and let fitz sling it around....

i still like our wrs, especially if we add naaman...

The King
09-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Definitely an interesting thought.

Historian
09-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Agreed.

The last buffalo fan
09-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Where is SAB when I need him!

:snicker:

GingerP
09-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Lee wasn't here when he sucked ass the last half of last year. I don't think the QB coach is at fault, I think there is enough film on Fitz that they have him figured out. He is still capable of going on streaks where he looks great, but he is going to turn the ball over a lot and struggle getting the ball down-field.

That is just who he is. I don't care if Bill Walsh came back from the dead and coached him. You can't make chicken salad from chicken ...

BertSquirtgum
09-11-2012, 03:14 PM
The worse thing that happened to Fitz Patrick was the fact that the Bills brass brought in an "acclaimed" quarterbacks coach to work on his mechanics. Now Fitz is overthinking his newly learned skills and it's affecting his game, he's waiting too long for a play to develop and releasing the ball. I say dump the new stuff and let him go back to his old style of play, and sling it when he wants to and his foot planting issues when he delivers the ball. He lives by his unorthodox style, he dies by his unorthodox style, that's the old Fitz and he was good doing that. They've got nothing to lose so LET HIM LOOSE and SET HIM FREE!!!

He was never good.

blackonyx89
09-11-2012, 03:39 PM
He was never good.

He's a lot worse now after his throwing mechanics were tampered with. He's decent, average at best and I'll take that right now than the garbage I'm seeing on the field!

Mr. Pink
09-11-2012, 04:15 PM
He looked no different to me this past weekend than he did the second half of last season.

BillsFever21
09-11-2012, 04:31 PM
There isn't anyway they are going to turn him into a good QB. He is not young anymore and what he is now is who he will always be. Trying to teach somebody his age new mechanics is the same as trying to teach an old dog new tricks. Forget about all that stuff and just let him play like he normally does. I agree 100%

TacklingDummy
09-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Unleash or release?

Jeff1220
09-11-2012, 05:31 PM
He was bad, but I'm pretty sure that was one of the worst halfs of football I've seen by an NFL QB. That compares to the half Trent had in that MNF game vs. the Brownes a few years back.

Mr. Pink
09-11-2012, 05:33 PM
He was bad, but I'm pretty sure that was one of the worst halfs of football I've seen by an NFL QB. That compares to the half Trent had in that MNF game vs. the Brownes a few years back.

If you get bored, go watch Brandon Weeden's entire week 1 performance to see the worst half of football you've ever seen by an NFL QB.

Which half you ask? Good question! Go with either one, they were equally pathetic.

Jeff1220
09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
If you get bored, go watch Brandon Weeden's entire week 1 performance to see the worst half of football you've ever seen by an NFL QB.

Which half you ask? Good question! Go with either one, they were equally pathetic.

Ok then, by a Bills QB? (and my long-term memory isn't very good - maybe AVP or Ferragamo could match up)