PDA

View Full Version : I'm done with Fitz

Joebuffalowins
09-11-2012, 10:11 AM
http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-bills/articles/midnight-has-struck-for-14.html

This isnt based off just one week, but how the guy has more picks through 10 games (19) than any QB in Bills history during that stretch.

Extremebillsfan247
09-11-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm getting there too. The only problem is that the team isn't. Even if Gailey was done with Fitzpatrick, he has no QB to fall back on for help. That in my opinion is a failing of Buddy Nix as a GM.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-11-2012, 10:29 AM
im giving him one more week, and if he does really well, then a week after that... but yeah, im close to being done with the team in general... but part of me never wants to give up, or to rationalize hope in some real negative aspects of this team...

on one hand, i say its just week 1, opening day is always weird, and im excited about the home opener and our weapons on offense...

but the cynical, negative aspects are hard to ignore...

Bulldog
09-11-2012, 10:38 AM
I'd just like to know how it's possible to go through three drafts with such quarterbacking stalwarts as Edwards, Fitzpatrick, & Thigpen on your roster and you don't feel the need to take one to groom for the future. Hell, I'm not even talking a first rounder here, I'm just talking about taking one in the first three rounds to develop. And when you look back at the players they did draft in those rounds, it makes it even worse. Such is the life of a Bills fan.

gebobs
09-11-2012, 10:43 AM
http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-bills/articles/midnight-has-struck-for-14.html

This isnt based off just one week, but how the guy has more picks through 10 games (19) than any QB in Bills history during that stretch.
Hah...I'm on your side but this isn't true. Jack Kemp was the interception king. In a span of 10 games from '63-64, he had 23 picks and another span of 10 in '67-'69 (he was out in '68) where he had 24. There was only one point in his career in Buffalo when he had under 10 interceptions over any 10-game span. He had 9 from '66-'67.

Ferguson had 19 from '83-'84 and 18 from '81-'83. Dennis Shaw had 20 from '71-'72.

Michael82
09-11-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm done with him. I was trying to give him a chance and liked what I saw last season at the start of the year. But I still say he's nothing more than a mediocre QB and a very good backup. Ive been wanting the Bills to draft a QB for a while and was pissed when they passed on all of the QBs in the draft this year, including Russell Wilson who I really liked. I wouldnt have minded taking a flyer on Kirk Cousins either.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-11-2012, 10:52 AM
seeing where the team was in 09-010, its so illogical to not draft a qb in the 1st 2rds...

in particular 011... a trade up for newton, gabbert, or dalton...

idk man...

jdaltroy5
09-11-2012, 11:04 AM
I'll be done with him when he's no longer wearing a Bills jersey.

Michael82
09-11-2012, 11:11 AM
I'll be done with him when he's no longer wearing a Bills jersey.

dont get me wrong...I'll still support him. I just dont like him and will not be surprised when he struggles for most of the year and throws a lot of balls that piss me off. If he does good, then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Night Train
09-11-2012, 11:11 AM
He was the 2-3 year transition QB, while they rebuilt the rest of the roster.

Unfortunately, they wait a year too long to make the change. This was the year for a new face but after Luck & RG III in this draft, it was putting a dress on a pig. T. Jackson could be playing sooner than later.

Next year has far more quantity with quality...but that doesn't do anything for us now.

Michael82
09-11-2012, 11:14 AM
He was the 2-3 year transition QB, while they rebuilt the rest of the roster.

Unfortunately, they wait a year too long to make the change. This was the year for a new face but after Luck & RG III in this draft, it was putting a dress on a pig. T. Jackson could be playing sooner than later.

Next year has far more quantity with quality...but that doesn't do anything for us now.

That's what I thought...this was the year for us to get the QB and groom them. Now I worry we will be waiting to long and the players will be getting too old for a rookie to start by the time Buddy finally wakes the move.

Meathead
09-11-2012, 11:38 AM
im not done with him. i dont think hes nearly as bad as he looked yesterday and will continue to get better as the season progresses

i liken him to a golfer that tries to change their swing. everything works great when youre on the range and launching one rocket after another. then you get out on the course with all the different conditions and pressure of scoring and youre shanking them into the woods

david lee told us repeatedly it takes a while for technique changes to become muscle memory. we just dont want to remember that

ten wins

2slowtogofast
09-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Either Chan is ******ed or really stubborn b/c Fitz sucks. I hope both are gone at years end. I am done giving either one the benifit of the doubt

PTI
09-11-2012, 12:05 PM
im not done with him. i dont think hes nearly as bad as he looked yesterday and will continue to get better as the season progresses

i liken him to a golfer that tries to change their swing. everything works great when youre on the range and launching one rocket after another. then you get out on the course with all the different conditions and pressure of scoring and youre shanking them into the woods

david lee told us repeatedly it takes a while for technique changes to become muscle memory. we just dont want to remember that

ten wins

If you want to liken him to a golfer then liken him to a guy on the Nationwide Tour then. NFL is not for learning on the job when we have an 8th year player. This is just a crazy mentality to have.

BertSquirtgum
09-11-2012, 12:10 PM
I've been there since the day they thought it was a good idea that he be named the starter.

PTI
09-11-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't think Perry Fewell would have kept Edwards or Fitz!!!!!!!!!

SABURZFAN
09-11-2012, 05:07 PM
what took so long?

Mr. Pink
09-11-2012, 05:12 PM
I too thought Fitzpatrick was a transition QB. Then we never drafted one. Then we gave the dude an extension.

So here I sit, just as baffled as most of you about all of it.

Jeff1220
09-11-2012, 05:28 PM
I don't get the whole"changing his mechanics" thing either. The guy is a veteran in the NFL - his mechanics are there or they aren't. If you gotta teach a guy mechanics, you might as well have Tebow starting.

BillsFever21
09-11-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm done with him. I was trying to give him a chance and liked what I saw last season at the start of the year. But I still say he's nothing more than a mediocre QB and a very good backup. Ive been wanting the Bills to draft a QB for a while and was pissed when they passed on all of the QBs in the draft this year, including Russell Wilson who I really liked. I wouldnt have minded taking a flyer on Kirk Cousins either.

With the way he finished last season it is plain incompetence that they didn't draft somebody this season. It should've been done the previous year as insurance in case Fitzpatrick didn't work out as a starter last season. Not drafting one this season just shows how bad this front office is. They had a chance to draft Wilson and Cousins this year without having to move up or anything. Same thing with Dalton last year. They took Aaron Williams and Dalton was the next pick.

This front office is much or any better then the previous one. Just like in 2010 when we still didn't have anything competent as far as a TE went or any real proven weapons on the receiving end on offense they drafted Toupe over Gronkowski. We see how well that has worked out. And up to now going on their 3rd draft none of them have been overwhelming and we have way too many average or bad players from our early picks. Either that or much better players we could've used at the time that was drafted shortly after we made our selection. Also in that same 2010 draft we took Carrington in the 3rd round. Shortly after that Emanuel Sanders was drafted by the Steelers. It's not like we didn't need receiving options that season. They drafted a bunch of average DL instead when they decided to try and transition to a 34 defense and two years afterwards we abandoned that system anyway. These were totally useless picks now.

It's just a usual pattern over the past decade of incompetency in the front office with hiring head coaches and drafting players. That is why we are officially the most pathetic team in the NFL over that span and the only team in the NFL not to make the playoffs since the start of the new century. We are the laughing stock of the NFL.

You can always go back to any round of any draft and say you should've drafted this player over that player. That is going to happen with any team. The problem with the Bills is that it's a consistent miss on players for the most part.

BillsFever21
09-11-2012, 07:08 PM
I was fine with him going into last season as the starter after some decent play and a decent finish after we finally gave up on the Trent Edwards experiment the year before. We all knew(at least most should've known especially the Bills) that the odds were he was only a couple year or so stop-gap QB until we groomed somebody else to take over unless he ended up playing great. If for some grace of god that was the case either way you would have trade bait with him or the young QB you were grooming. They never drafted Dalton when he was there for the taking or anybody for that matter. Not even this season. That is all on the front office.

To make matters worse they jumped the gun after having a few good games early in the season and gave him a big money extension. The same thing they did with Jauron after we got off to a good start in 2008. We all know how that turned out. He bombed out right after that and was gone by midseason in 2009. It's a complete repeat of that scenario. As soon as Fitzpatrick got his money he bombed out as the real Fitzpatrick over the course of an entire season appeared. There wasn't any need to give him a contract extension at that point just like there wasn't with Jauron.

don137
09-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I am definitely done with Fitz. I have to admit it that it is also Nix and Gailey's fault. They are the one who decided to stick with Fitz with no one waiting in the wings to take over and become the next Bills QB. Its not Fitz's fault he sucks so bad. It's the coach and GM's fault for believing in him. For that they need to go.