X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joebuffalowins
    • Apr 2012

I'm done with Fitz

This isnt based off just one week, but how the guy has more picks through 10 games (19) than any QB in Bills history during that stretch.
  • Extremebillsfan247
    • Sep 2008

Re: I'm done with Fitz

I'm getting there too. The only problem is that the team isn't. Even if Gailey was done with Fitzpatrick, he has no QB to fall back on for help. That in my opinion is a failing of Buddy Nix as a GM.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

im giving him one more week, and if he does really well, then a week after that... but yeah, im close to being done with the team in general... but part of me never wants to give up, or to rationalize hope in some real negative aspects of this team...

on one hand, i say its just week 1, opening day is always weird, and im excited about the home opener and our weapons on offense...

but the cynical, negative aspects are hard to ignore...
      Last edited by NOT THE DUDE...; 09-11-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

I'd just like to know how it's possible to go through three drafts with such quarterbacking stalwarts as Edwards, Fitzpatrick, & Thigpen on your roster and you don't feel the need to take one to groom for the future. Hell, I'm not even talking a first rounder here, I'm just talking about taking one in the first three rounds to develop. And when you look back at the players they did draft in those rounds, it makes it even worse. Such is the life of a Bills fan.
        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• gebobs
          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Joebuffalowins View Post
          http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...ck-for-14.html

This isnt based off just one week, but how the guy has more picks through 10 games (19) than any QB in Bills history during that stretch.
          Hah...I'm on your side but this isn't true. Jack Kemp was the interception king. In a span of 10 games from '63-64, he had 23 picks and another span of 10 in '67-'69 (he was out in '68) where he had 24. There was only one point in his career in Buffalo when he had under 10 interceptions over any 10-game span. He had 9 from '66-'67.

Ferguson had 19 from '83-'84 and 18 from '81-'83. Dennis Shaw had 20 from '71-'72.
          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

I'm done with him. I was trying to give him a chance and liked what I saw last season at the start of the year. But I still say he's nothing more than a mediocre QB and a very good backup. Ive been wanting the Bills to draft a QB for a while and was pissed when they passed on all of the QBs in the draft this year, including Russell Wilson who I really liked. I wouldnt have minded taking a flyer on Kirk Cousins either.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2010

seeing where the team was in 09-010, its so illogical to not draft a qb in the 1st 2rds...

in particular 011... a trade up for newton, gabbert, or dalton...

idk man...

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                • Aug 2012

I'll be done with him when he's no longer wearing a Bills jersey.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jdaltroy5 View Post
                  I'll be done with him when he's no longer wearing a Bills jersey.
                  dont get me wrong...I'll still support him. I just dont like him and will not be surprised when he struggles for most of the year and throws a lot of balls that piss me off. If he does good, then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

He was the 2-3 year transition QB, while they rebuilt the rest of the roster.

Unfortunately, they wait a year too long to make the change. This was the year for a new face but after Luck & RG III in this draft, it was putting a dress on a pig. T. Jackson could be playing sooner than later.

Next year has far more quantity with quality...but that doesn't do anything for us now.
                    Last edited by Night Train; 09-11-2012, 11:12 AM.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                      He was the 2-3 year transition QB, while they rebuilt the rest of the roster.

Unfortunately, they wait a year too long to make the change. This was the year for a new face but after Luck & RG III in this draft, it was putting a dress on a pig. T. Jackson could be playing sooner than later.

Next year has far more quantity with quality...but that doesn't do anything for us now.
                      That's what I thought...this was the year for us to get the QB and groom them. Now I worry we will be waiting to long and the players will be getting too old for a rookie to start by the time Buddy finally wakes the move.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

im not done with him. i dont think hes nearly as bad as he looked yesterday and will continue to get better as the season progresses

i liken him to a golfer that tries to change their swing. everything works great when youre on the range and launching one rocket after another. then you get out on the course with all the different conditions and pressure of scoring and youre shanking them into the woods

david lee told us repeatedly it takes a while for technique changes to become muscle memory. we just dont want to remember that

ten wins
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• 2slowtogofast
                          • Sep 2007

Either Chan is ******ed or really stubborn b/c Fitz sucks. I hope both are gone at years end. I am done giving either one the benifit of the doubt

Comment

• PTI
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                            im not done with him. i dont think hes nearly as bad as he looked yesterday and will continue to get better as the season progresses

i liken him to a golfer that tries to change their swing. everything works great when youre on the range and launching one rocket after another. then you get out on the course with all the different conditions and pressure of scoring and youre shanking them into the woods

david lee told us repeatedly it takes a while for technique changes to become muscle memory. we just dont want to remember that

ten wins

If you want to liken him to a golfer then liken him to a guy on the Nationwide Tour then. NFL is not for learning on the job when we have an 8th year player. This is just a crazy mentality to have.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

I've been there since the day they thought it was a good idea that he be named the starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X