PDA

View Full Version : Marcell Dareus' brother killed in shooting

Philagape
09-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports

RT @news4buffalo The CBS station in Birmingham has confirmed that #Bills Marcell Dareus' brother was killed in a weekend shooting

Luisito23
09-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Horrible news, my heart goes out to him, this is beyond football.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Very sad to read this, my thoughts and prayers go out for Marcel and his fam.

more cowbell
09-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Don't care how horrible the team is etc. etc...news like this always trumps football. Thoughts and Prayers to Marcell. Didn't he also lose his parents in a Tornado?

Skooby
09-11-2012, 01:36 PM
This is horrible, take care of your family MD.

justasportsfan
09-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Cassel did it.

RIP.

Sammy Avalon
09-11-2012, 01:58 PM

Buffalogic
09-11-2012, 02:46 PM
wow thats really messed up. Thats two shootings this weekend killing brothers of nfl players. Antoine Winfields brother suffered the same fate this weekend.

stuckincincy
09-11-2012, 02:56 PM
RIP. The black murder rates are unreal, far more that I was a lad. Something like 40% of murders are committed by black males, 16 - 40 years old or some such; a mere 5 or so percent of the general population causing the crime. Sad.

BertSquirtgum
09-11-2012, 03:01 PM
http://wbrc.images.worldnow.com/images/19504634_BG2.jpg

gebobs
09-11-2012, 03:29 PM
RIP. The black murder rates are unreal, far more that I was a lad. Something like 40% of murders are committed by black males, 16 - 40 years old or some such; a mere 5 or so percent of the general population causing the crime. Sad.
Not these three.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/Dareus-brother-killed-in-shooting

zone
09-11-2012, 03:34 PM

The brother of a player on our team died. WTF does that have to do with his color, what age he is, or the amount of people in a certain race that were killed when you were a kid?

You never make any sense.

Luisito23
09-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Exactly Zone.

ParanoidAndroid
09-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Horrible news.....

stuckincincy
09-11-2012, 04:09 PM
:help!:
The brother of a player on our team died. WTF does that have to do with his color, what age he is, or the amount of people in a certain race that were killed when you were a kid?

You never make any sense.

You sure don't. You don't see the enormity of the problem.

My family digs into the ghetto to help. How about you and yours? My sister fostered 3 AIDS (black) infants. Two of my nephews adopted (black) babies. You know - the hated Christians, to some here. Read your history and discover that the anti-slavery movement was perpetrated by American Christians. My antecedents in WNY ran safe houses as part of the Underground Railroad to Canada. Attica, Darien area.

I'm aware of the Tilden - Hayes court decision - which ended reconstruction and the rise of the Jim Crow laws and the KKK. Look up the political party.

I saw on tv, Orville Fastus...George Wallace...Lester Maddox. Little Rock. Selma. Look up the political party.

I could go on. Don't lecture me, pal. Join me in walking the walk. :help!:

Don't you or anyone else intimate racist motives to me. I expressed very worrisome fact.

Sad thing is, you or somebody will reply with that clapping smiley, or some such.

Meathead
09-11-2012, 04:17 PM
sesame street for adults:

was it a robbery?

was it a drug deal gone bad?

was it a love triangle?

was it a race based incident?

one of these is not like the others. one of these things just doesnt belong. one of these things will make people flip the fk completely out when the the other questions get no reaction at all. try to guess wtf is wrong with people before i finish my song

JoeMama
09-11-2012, 04:21 PM
I hope he takes some time off to be with his family.

I'm 100% behind Marcell Dareus if football is not a high priority for him right now.

X-Era
09-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Very sad. Way more important than football I agree.

stuckincincy
09-11-2012, 04:38 PM
3 dead:

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/09/pelham_homicide_victim_was_bro.html

Don't know if it's drug relates. So many are these days. Pelham, AL, 30 or miles south of Birmingham, close to Oak Mountain State Park. I've lived in the B'ham area years ago, but I don't know Pelham.

God bless those lads.

Ed
09-11-2012, 05:03 PM

My family digs into the ghetto to help. How about you and yours? My sister fostered 3 AIDS (black) infants. Two of my nephews adopted (black) babies. You know - the hated Christians, to some here. Read your history and discover that the anti-slavery movement was perpetrated by American Christians. My antecedents in WNY ran safe houses as part of the Underground Railroad to Canada. Attica, Darien area.

I'm aware of the Tilden - Hayes court decision - which ended reconstruction and the rise of the Jim Crow laws and the KKK. Look up the political party.

I saw on tv, Orville Fastus...George Wallace...Lester Maddox. Little Rock. Selma. Look up the political party.

Don't you or anyone else intimate racist motives to me. I expressed very worrisome fact.

Sad thing is, you or somebody will reply with that clapping smiley, or some such.
What exactly does Christians helping black babies have to do with this thread?

SABURZFAN
09-11-2012, 05:05 PM
that's very unfortunate.

Buddo
09-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Senseless and tragic. Football is inconsequential in relation to this news.

zone
09-11-2012, 07:48 PM

Another senseless rant that has nothing to do with the original post. Your ranting about Christians, AIDs, slavery, the underground railroad, court decisions, the KKK, and racism in a thread about the death of a player's brother. Your the guy that brought up race, period.

Congratulations Cincy Thersa you and your "christian" family deserve a metal, grab it off the shelf when your done pating yourself on the back.

You are a troll, so if your hungry eat up.

- - - Updated - - -

What exactly does Christians helping black babies have to do with this thread?

Zero point zero.

YardRat
09-11-2012, 07:52 PM

Sincere condolences to Marcel, his family, and the families of the other victims.

OpIv37
09-11-2012, 10:22 PM

Sure, your family adopting a few underprivileged children and the underground railroad definitely make amends for 2000 years of war, murder, greed, bigotry and oppression caused by Christianity.

Look, i know Christians have done a lot of good as well. We could argue for days about whether the good done by Christians outweighs the bad, and we probably wouldn't come to any definitive conclusions. But it is still extremely ignorant to imply that a handful of kind acts are enough to prove that the religion shouldn't be "hated."

gebobs
09-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Sure, your family adopting a few underprivileged children and the underground railroad definitely make amends for 2000 years of war, murder, greed, bigotry and oppression caused by Christianity.

Look, i know Christians have done a lot of good as well. We could argue for days about whether the good done by Christians outweighs the bad, and we probably wouldn't come to any definitive conclusions. But it is still extremely ignorant to imply that a handful of kind acts are enough to prove that the religion shouldn't be "hated."
Come on. He brought up some objective statistics that say that blacks are responsible for and are victims of murder disproportionate to the population. AFAICT, he's not making any conclusions. He's saying that it's a problem and it's being ignored.

OpIv37
09-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Come on. He brought up some objective statistics that say that blacks are responsible for and are victims of murder disproportionate to the population. AFAICT, he's not making any conclusions. He's saying that it's a problem and it's being ignored.

I didn't debate that point. I debated his defense of Christianity, especially since no one attacked it in the first place.

BillsOverDolphins
09-12-2012, 01:11 PM

Fostering AIDS babies sounds like a bad investment, tbh.

stuckincincy
09-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Fostering AIDS babies sounds like a bad investment, tbh.

Wow. I never though I'd read words saying that caring for these little innocent ones, infected through no fault of their own, in terms of a "bad investment."

:sadbye:

BillsOverDolphins
09-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Wow. I never though I'd read words saying that caring for these little innocent ones, infected through no fault of their own, in terms of a "bad investment."

:sadbye:

My bad, I'm sure the tax breaks made it worthwhile

stuckincincy
09-12-2012, 02:18 PM
My bad, I'm sure the tax breaks made it worthwhile

Right - now you assume that love for children only happens with tax breaks. My relatives didn't take one thin dime from anybody. No tax breaks. You are slime.

BillsOverDolphins
09-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Right - now you assume that love for children only happens with tax breaks. My relatives didn't take one thin dime from anybody. No tax breaks. You are slime.

4/10 trolljob. Came on too strong with your 2nd post, or you could've milked it longer.