BBD: Is is time to Blow for Barkley or Pray for Bray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

BBD: Is is time to Blow for Barkley or Pray for Bray?

After what can only be described as a disaster on Sunday, many Bills fans are finding themselves in the early stages of the phenomenon known as tanking. This is when a fan actually roots for his or her team to lose in order to procure a high draft choice and pick a highly coveted prospect. In most cases it’s usually for a franchise QB option and comes with a catchy name like ‘Suck for Luck’. This year will be no different with the catchy phrases and fans wanting to jump off the bridge after only a few games but is it going to be necessary?
    Read the whole article before you come to your conclusion some of the numbers may surprise you.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Re: BBD: Is is time to Blow for Barkley or Pray for Bray?

Nice article but Blow for Barkley doesn't rhyme

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

Way too early for this, despite the pitiful week one effort and the questional decisions that haunt the "Buddy Era."

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS View Post
        Way too early for this, despite the pitiful week one effort and the questional decisions that haunt the "Buddy Era."
        You didnt read the article did you?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
        Nice article but Blow for Barkley doesn't rhyme
        Yea but it sounds good.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• MikeInRoch
          • Sep 2003

I watch very little college ball, however, I did watch most of the SU/USC game this weekend. While Barkley did end up with great numbers, I didn't think he looked like a number 1 overall pick.
          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
            I watch very little college ball, however, I did watch most of the SU/USC game this weekend. While Barkley did end up with great numbers, I didn't think he looked like a number 1 overall pick.
            Yup that's why I said that none of those five have really separated themselves from the others.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

I'm not even a regular fan, but I saw this guy suffer against the Hawaii defense a couple of weeks ago, is that good or bad? Just like Mikeinroch opinion, the 2013 1st pick overall wasn't playing there.
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

If QB was the only piece missing & we're 0-10, this is almost a passing thought. It's not & we won't be 0-10, so keep on dreaming.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Cleveland will be drafting a QB top 5, guaranteed.

New owner, Holmgren will be out by November and replaced...come offseason there will be a house cleaning of everyone.

None of the new guys will be married to Colt McSuck or Brandon Suckmoren.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                    Cleveland will be drafting a QB top 5, guaranteed.

New owner, Holmgren will be out by November and replaced...come offseason there will be a house cleaning of everyone.

None of the new guys will be married to Colt McSuck or Brandon Suckmoren.
                    Maybe if that happens, but I can operate on ifs. If they current people stay they wont be going QB.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                      Maybe if that happens, but I can operate on ifs. If they current people stay they wont be going QB.
                      When Haslem takes over ownership in October, Joe Banner is going to be named President. Holmgren is the current president. Where does he go? Does he take a paycut and a lesser title to stay on or does he take a settlement and leave? Come Nov 1 Holmgren will no longer be a part of the Browns organization.

Meanwhile Holmgren is the one who made the call on both McCoy and Weeden.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                        When Haslem takes over ownership in October, Joe Banner is going to be named President. Holmgren is the current president. Where does he go? Does he take a paycut and a lesser title to stay on or does he take a settlement and leave? Come Nov 1 Holmgren will no longer be a part of the Browns organization.

Meanwhile Holmgren is the one who made the call on both McCoy and Weeden.
                        Don't know but until it actually happens its all could be's or should be's.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• THRILLHO
                          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                          • Feb 2009

"You play to win the games, so let’s do that and see where the chips fall."
                          Excellent^

I could go on for days about "tanking" for draft selection. But I won't. Also, see my signature.
                          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Bump.

Seems necessary with everybody's interest in what could be come next April. In the article we break down why we don't need to tank in order to assure ourselves of a top QB prospect.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Bone
                              Bone
                              • Oct 2006

Matt Barkley...cannot see him being an elite qb
                              BILLIEVE

Comment

Working...
                              X