Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MattyNH
    • Nov 2011

Now that a couple days have passed and I've had time to thing about the game

WTF!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously? Are you kidding me? A hundred and like 50 million on pass rushers, playing a supposed terrible offensive line and you don't get close to a sack? Not once? What in the world happened? You seriously got outplayed, outcoached outeverythnged that bad by a division opponent you think you are better than? A division opponent you don't seem to be able to get close to beating but you have playoff aspirations?

Oh and FItz, what was that? You looked like a FA rookie from 20 years ago, lost confused, not talent.

Wow what a freakin downer!!!!!
  • Buffalo Thriller
    • Sep 2010

Re: Now that a couple days have passed and I've had time to thing about the game

I don't think our LBs or secondary blitzed once, we can't just rush 4 all the time .
    Originally posted by OpIv37
    You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Re: Now that a couple days have passed and I've had time to thing about the game

Hand a ****** the keys to a Ferrari & not expect a crash, there's a plan (to fail).

Comment

• CoolBreeze
        • Feb 2009

Can't register a sack when the ball is out of the qb's hans in 2 seconds... The D line was not the problem, it was all on the loose coverage of DB's..
        "100 and like 50 million" REALLY? Are you a Valley Girl?

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

Ive kinda gone in the opposite direction.

I think some of the mistakes are correctable, and believe the Bills will have a better showing for their home opener. The oddsmakers agree.

I say Bills 23-16.

Comment

• gebobs
            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Buffalo Thriller View Post
            I don't think our LBs or secondary blitzed once, we can't just rush 4 all the time .
            You'd think by sending 4, they could cover better.
            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• jimmifli
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
              You'd think by sending 4, they could cover better.
              Play ten yards off the receiver and still give up the deep route. With safety support. How does that happen?

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                Ive kinda gone in the opposite direction.

I think some of the mistakes are correctable, and believe the Bills will have a better showing for their home opener. The oddsmakers agree.

I say Bills 23-16.
                Absolutely, the mistakes are correctable. I'm not sure what is going to happen though. Dave Wannstedt seems very much married to the notion of a conceptually simple defense that lets the players play without having to analyze what the offense is doing. Part of that is generating pressure with your front four. Very clearly, some defensive lines are able to do that. To me, it seems if you're going to play defense that way you have to be able to prevent the receiver from getting open early. You've got to line your CBs up tight and take advantage of the five yard zone in which you're allowed to have contact. Why Wannstedt didn't do that is beyond me.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                  chop chop
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                  Play ten yards off the receiver and still give up the deep route. With safety support. How does that happen?
                  One of the most underrated embarrassing moments of the last several years (if you truly understand the game). The only thing worse i recall is tebow giving up numerous sacks in max protect last year--especially against detroit.
                  Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• MattyNH
                    • Nov 2011

Blitzing is not the end all, in order to beat the good quarterbacks (and I'm talking Brady, not Sanchez) is to be able to get pressure with a 4 man front. That is why the money was spent there, the Giants showed the blue print. It has been proven conclusively that Brady, Brees, Manning etc are better against the blitz than not. I am not saying blitzing is not part of the game plan it should be but used sparingly, to change things up. The Bills were out game planned and showed no ability to adjust to what the jets were doing.

I do believe you are never as bad as you look in a bad game and never really as good as your best game and they can recover. The ass beating may what they need to really get focused. I cant help it though, I'm still dumbfounded at what I saw on Sunday. Its in the rear view mirror, win this week and its 1 loss (a division loss) and it can be overcome.

Comment

• MattyNH
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by CoolBreeze View Post
                      Can't register a sack when the ball is out of the qb's hans in 2 seconds... The D line was not the problem, it was all on the loose coverage of DB's..
                      He had the ball more than 2 seconds on a lot of plays, with the prestige of the guys on this line (and the complete opposite for the Jets Oline) if you were not disappointed in the lack of pass rush I'm shocked. I will not be able to watch another season of not being able to get a pass rush, not with the guys they signed.

Comment

• MattyNH
                        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by CoolBreeze View Post
                        So you are prejudiced against valley girls? CoolBreeze, that is messed up.

103426899-450x450-0-0_Colgate+Palmolive+Lady+Speed+Stick+24+7+Antiperspi.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X