PDA

View Full Version : So I watched the All 22 tape...

kingJofNYC
09-11-2012, 09:14 PM
And Dave Wannstedt's game plan was straight out of 1970. Split safety, man coverage, with the occasional single high.

Sanchez was getting rid of the ball as soon as he hit his back foot, knew exactly where to go with the ball because the defense was so predictable. They used rubs/picks to create that extra bit of separation. I think I saw them line stunt 3 times in the first 3 quarters, and only a couple of blitzes. Didn't watch the hole game, only the first 3 quarters. Defense was beyond vanilla, you can't get a pass rush going when the offense knows what you're doing on every damn snap, the ball was out asap. We had trouble covering, but when you give a team very few looks you're asking for trouble.

Gamerewind has a free trial until the 17th.

Edit: They barely stunted up front, the DL was entirely vanilla, no twisting/looping/slashing, just beat your man. Disgusting.

Skooby
09-11-2012, 10:20 PM
He's a mental midget, that's fairly obvious.

gebobs
09-11-2012, 10:39 PM
The DBs lining up 5 and 10 yards off the receivers was candy for the taking.

kingJofNYC
09-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Here's a breakdown on the DL. Basically, no disguise by the D, Sanchez went to his first read the majority of the time and it was open.

http://wgr550.com/WHITE---Eye-in-the-Sky-Week-1---Mario-s-Debut/14214214

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Almost makes you want George Edwards back.

Luisito23
09-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Oh, but he's a great D. coach, and we're lucky to have him, right?

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2012, 01:41 AM
I don't know how I feel about wannstadt yet. For all I know the ****** Gailey is telling him what to do.

kishoph
09-12-2012, 02:09 AM
I don't know how I feel about wannstadt yet. For all I know the ****** Gailey is telling him what to do.

Gailey didn't even tell Edwards what to do, he's not gonna tell Wannstedt what to do (during the game). I've never got the impression that Gailey is on a power trip and needs to micro manage everything. I'd like to see Wannstedt get down on the sideline and out of that booth, I hate seeing coordinators up in the booth, they need to be close to the action get a feel for the game and their players. I can't give up on the defense or the team after 1 game.

Buffalogic
09-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Man good thing we let Perry Fewell out the door. Ugh.

jdaltroy5
09-12-2012, 08:16 AM
I said this over at the range and I'll say it here.

Wanstache is not a good DC.

He is very predictable and just puts his players out there to make plays for themselves.

That worked in Miami and Dallas when they had a litany of Pro Bowlers on their teams, but when those guys got older and weren't as effective, those defenses got pretty bad.

You're going to see the same thing for the rest of the year. He doesn't blitz, he won't mix it up, and he won't outscheme anyone.

However, if Chan doesn't reach .500 this year, Wanny WILL be the next head coach of the Bills next season.

It'll be 2016 before we even have a shot at the playoffs again.

OpIv37
09-12-2012, 08:24 AM
I said this over at the range and I'll say it here.

Wanstache is not a good DC.

He is very predictable and just puts his players out there to make plays for themselves.

That worked in Miami and Dallas when they had a litany of Pro Bowlers on their teams, but when those guys got older and weren't as effective, those defenses got pretty bad.

You're going to see the same thing for the rest of the year. He doesn't blitz, he won't mix it up, and he won't outscheme anyone.

However, if Chan doesn't reach .500 this year, Wanny WILL be the next head coach of the Bills next season.

It'll be 2016 before we even have a shot at the playoffs again.

It already will be 2016 by the time we have a shot at the playoffs again. We need to find and groom a QB, and by the time we're done doing that, the few parts of our team that do work will be on the decline or gone. It's the self-perpetuating rebuilding cycle.

TigerJ
09-12-2012, 11:14 AM
They barely stunted up front, the DL was entirely vanilla, no twisting/looping/slashing, just beat your man. Disgusting.

Or in the case of the Bills' linemen, don't beat your man.