X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

So I watched the All 22 tape...

And Dave Wannstedt's game plan was straight out of 1970. Split safety, man coverage, with the occasional single high.

Sanchez was getting rid of the ball as soon as he hit his back foot, knew exactly where to go with the ball because the defense was so predictable. They used rubs/picks to create that extra bit of separation. I think I saw them line stunt 3 times in the first 3 quarters, and only a couple of blitzes. Didn't watch the hole game, only the first 3 quarters. Defense was beyond vanilla, you can't get a pass rush going when the offense knows what you're doing on every damn snap, the ball was out asap. We had trouble covering, but when you give a team very few looks you're asking for trouble.

Gamerewind has a free trial until the 17th.

Edit: They barely stunted up front, the DL was entirely vanilla, no twisting/looping/slashing, just beat your man. Disgusting.
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 09-11-2012, 09:23 PM.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: So I watched the All 22 tape...

He's a mental midget, that's fairly obvious.

Comment

• gebobs
      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
      • Sep 2003

The DBs lining up 5 and 10 yards off the receivers was candy for the taking.
      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Here's a breakdown on the DL. Basically, no disguise by the D, Sanchez went to his first read the majority of the time and it was open.

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          • May 2009

Almost makes you want George Edwards back.

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

Oh, but he's a great D. coach, and we're lucky to have him, right?
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              • May 2009

I don't know how I feel about wannstadt yet. For all I know the ****** Gailey is telling him what to do.

Comment

• kishoph
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                I don't know how I feel about wannstadt yet. For all I know the ****** Gailey is telling him what to do.
                Gailey didn't even tell Edwards what to do, he's not gonna tell Wannstedt what to do (during the game). I've never got the impression that Gailey is on a power trip and needs to micro manage everything. I'd like to see Wannstedt get down on the sideline and out of that booth, I hate seeing coordinators up in the booth, they need to be close to the action get a feel for the game and their players. I can't give up on the defense or the team after 1 game.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                  • Feb 2006

Man good thing we let Perry Fewell out the door. Ugh.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                    • Aug 2012

I said this over at the range and I'll say it here.

Wanstache is not a good DC.

He is very predictable and just puts his players out there to make plays for themselves.

That worked in Miami and Dallas when they had a litany of Pro Bowlers on their teams, but when those guys got older and weren't as effective, those defenses got pretty bad.

You're going to see the same thing for the rest of the year. He doesn't blitz, he won't mix it up, and he won't outscheme anyone.

However, if Chan doesn't reach .500 this year, Wanny WILL be the next head coach of the Bills next season.

It'll be 2016 before we even have a shot at the playoffs again.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jdaltroy5 View Post
                      I said this over at the range and I'll say it here.

Wanstache is not a good DC.

He is very predictable and just puts his players out there to make plays for themselves.

That worked in Miami and Dallas when they had a litany of Pro Bowlers on their teams, but when those guys got older and weren't as effective, those defenses got pretty bad.

You're going to see the same thing for the rest of the year. He doesn't blitz, he won't mix it up, and he won't outscheme anyone.

However, if Chan doesn't reach .500 this year, Wanny WILL be the next head coach of the Bills next season.

It'll be 2016 before we even have a shot at the playoffs again.
                      It already will be 2016 by the time we have a shot at the playoffs again. We need to find and groom a QB, and by the time we're done doing that, the few parts of our team that do work will be on the decline or gone. It's the self-perpetuating rebuilding cycle.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                        They barely stunted up front, the DL was entirely vanilla, no twisting/looping/slashing, just beat your man. Disgusting.
                        Or in the case of the Bills' linemen, don't beat your man.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                        X