PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the Jets are just REALLY good?

Pride
09-12-2012, 07:25 AM
Anyone thought of that? They have talent. They have coaching. Is it possible that the Jets are just a REALLY good football team right now? Given that they had 3 months to prepare for Buffalo... is it possible they are just better than us?

Maybe I am getting numbed to the loss... but if we come out and dominate KC.. I think we will be OK.

OpIv37
09-12-2012, 07:33 AM
No, they aren't.

Sanchez sucks under pressure. But we ran no blitzes or even stunts, so we got nowhere near him. This is a coaching and talent problem with the Bills, not the Jets. Our CB's were out of position all day. That's on our defenders, not the Jets.

Fitzpatrick threw 3 picks, at least two of which (and arguably all 3) were easy INT's that most DB's in the league would have made without a problem. The offensive playcalling was predictable.

We gave up a punt return for a TD.

Saying "the Jets have talent" is just a cop-out. This is a parity-driven league in the age of the salary cap, and there is no reason to EVER get beaten down that badly.

Oh, and btw, the Jets are in our division. So if they really are that good, then we're ****ed anyway, because we already have the Pats to deal with.

don137
09-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Yes the Jets had a good game played better then they expected that still does excuse Fitzpatrick and his inability to be an effective NFL QB. Fitzpatrick still has a slow delivery, weak arm, throws when the receiver gets open and not to a spot and makes boneheaded plays. That will never change.

The King
09-12-2012, 07:48 AM
I think it probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Luisito23
09-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Maybe the Bills are just REALLY bad?

jdaltroy5
09-12-2012, 09:15 AM
They just had a really good game plan. They rarely had any plays that lasted more than 2 or 3 seconds. They knew our DL was an advantage so they neutralized it by not even giving them the time to get there. To top it off, we weren't even trying to throw their timing off by bumping at the line.

They also spread their guys out wide because they know that Fitz doesn't throw to the middle of the field.

Look at Fitz's picks, IIRC, they were all to the outside. Cro even said that he knew that Fitz throws outside a lot so he sat back and waited for it.

I don't think they're THAT good, I just think they were prepared and we weren't. We also continued to do the things that weren't working and failed to adjust accordingly on defense.

Skooby
09-12-2012, 09:23 AM
They're not that good, our gameplan was vanilla.

stuckincincy
09-12-2012, 09:24 AM
No, they aren't.

Sanchez sucks under pressure. But we ran no blitzes or even stunts, so we got nowhere near him. This is a coaching and talent problem with the Bills, not the Jets. Our CB's were out of position all day. That's on our defenders, not the Jets.

Neither club had a sack. I'm surprised Sanchez didn't suffer a few - I've seen him duck to the ground numerous times when the heat got close. Wanny's scheme notwithstanding, you have to send in a blitzer now and then, if only to to get the other team to be wary. PIT@DEN was a good example - on one play, Polamalu was feigning a blitz, backing out, then back in, then out. Manning ended up burning a time-out, IIRC.

Ed
09-12-2012, 10:22 AM
I think the Jets D is very good, so seeing CJ make some big plays and our O-line play well for the most part is encouraging. I didn't expect Fitz to have a big day passing, but I didn't expect such bad INT's either.

I think the Jets O on the other hand is average at best and the Bills once again made Sanchez look great. They don't have anyone special at RB, they have issues on the right side of their line, and outside of Santonio Holmes they don't have any other proven or dependable playmakers. I was pretty disappointed in our defense. Can't really make any excuses for them based on the opponent.

Novacane
09-12-2012, 10:27 AM
No team with Mark Sanchez at QB is that good.

Novacane
09-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Anyone thought of that? They have talent. They have coaching. Is it possible that the Jets are just a REALLY good football team right now? Given that they had 3 months to prepare for Buffalo... is it possible they are just better than us?

Not only possible but probable. That does not mean they are a good team.

Albany,n.y.
09-12-2012, 10:33 AM
What the Jets game showed us is that we're not ready to compete with the better teams in the NFL.
I don't care if they beat KC because it means nothing. I'm not satisfied with beating a team less than or equal to us as KC is. I'm not going to be satisfied if we win 9 games & make the playoffs if every team we beat is horrible & the only reason we make it is because we managed to get the easiest schedule in the league.
The goal is to win the Championship and we're not close at all to that goal. We have 1 NFL receiver; no starting caliber QB; questions on the OL, but more important impending free agents on that line; and a young secondary that didn't live up to their hype in game 1.
If the Bills make the playoffs this year, get trounced in the wildcard game, Chan gets an extention & then we win 3 games next year, I'm going to be sick. But there's a real possibility that's where we're headed.

BillsOverDolphins
09-12-2012, 10:37 AM
The OP's name is quite befitting.

TigerJ
09-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Well, I don't think the Jets are terrible. Rex Ryan has a very good defensive mind, and he's got the talent to make his defensive schemes work. Mark Sanchez is a decent QB and they have speed at WR. They have an excelent receiving TE, but i don't think he played Sunday due to injury. The thing is, the Bills allegedly experienced a major upgrade in talent over the offseason, and Buddy Nix has had three years to upgrade the talent level of the team. Theoretically, if Nix has been successful, that should be long enough to close the talent gap with the best teams in the league.

The Jets supposedly had problems at offensive tackle that would enable Buffalo to put pressure on Sanchez with their allegedly elite defensive line. Obviously, that didn't happen. Moreover, Buffalo's supposedly very good secondary couldn't cover anybody. Granted, Aaron Williams has had a rough preseason, and was thought to be a potential weak link, but nobody in the secondary could cover anybody for the Jets.

If I were to choose which was a bigger factor in the loss, the quality of the Jets or the ineptitude of the Bills, I'm voting the ineptitude of the Bills all the way.

Historian
09-12-2012, 11:34 AM
No one has talked about Stevies groin either (lol)

If he can't run those quick slants, and cut like normal, there's half your passing game down the pooper.

trapezeus
09-12-2012, 12:36 PM
i don't get the point of this post. Let's just assume the jets are a good team. Aren't we looking to be the best? won't we have to beat good teams? isn't there one sunday in a 12 year span going to show us as the much better team than an already hyped team?

It's mathmetically defiant that we haven't come to play more than 2 times (NE and JAX in 2003 season). we've struggled to beat bad teams, and we've hung in there for some random games. otherwise, it's that jets game time and time again.

the team has no pride, talent or heart. This season is done at week 1, and somewhere in all of us, we know that.

PTI
09-12-2012, 12:39 PM
We better not hope the that is the case that the Jets are just really good. That leaves the Bills to fight for 4th then. Better that the Bills were just unprepared and played horribly.

BillsOverDolphins
09-12-2012, 12:41 PM
We better not hope the that is the case that the Jets are just really good. That leaves the Bills to fight for 4th then. Better that the Bills were just unprepared and played horribly.

A fight for 4th is a fight for Barkley...and right now that's a fight i welcome.

MattyNH
09-12-2012, 12:47 PM
At the very least I think they have demonstrated superior coaching than the Bills.

Extremebillsfan247
09-12-2012, 02:18 PM

Maybe I am getting numbed to the loss... but if we come out and dominate KC.. I think we will be OK.
Negative, we beat ourselves in that game. You can not turn the ball over 4 times in a game in the NFL and expect to beat anyone. JMO

Extremebillsfan247
09-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Further thoughts to my post; All 4 of the Bills turnovers led to Jets scoring drives. Take those away, and the Jets put up 20 points. We may be discussing a different outcome right now if that were the case. They are not a better team, they just played a team that wasn't properly prepared. It's that simple in my opinion.

stuckincincy
09-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Negative, we beat ourselves in that game. You can not turn the ball over 4 times in a game in the NFL and expect to beat anyone. JMO

The NYJ team were active participants in those turnovers. And it's on the ST not being able to tackle the returner on that punt touchdown. Plenty of possibilities for penalties on any return, but you gotta instruct your coverage team to commit one now and then if they sense that the returner is going to zoom if you don't. I don't know if coaches hammer home that idea these days. They should.

BUF didn't help themselves. NYJ pounded them, and that club's efforts beat the Bills. They have to lick their wounds. Putting lipstick on the pig gets you nowhere.

GingerP
09-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Further thoughts to my post; All 4 of the Bills turnovers led to Jets scoring drives. Take those away, and the Jets put up 20 points. We may be discussing a different outcome right now if that were the case. They are not a better team, they just played a team that wasn't properly prepared. It's that simple in my opinion.

If you are going to take away the Bills bad plays, shouldn't you do it for the Jets as well? A Jets fan would just say take away all the garbage-time scores the Bills got because the game was out of hand and the Jets let up.

Unfortunately, you can't take away those plays, they happened. Not to mention the Bills gave up 246 yards, allowed 6-for-8 conversions on 3rd down and were down 27-7 by halftime. Fitzpatrick had nothing to do with that, you going to take away that as well?

That should be the Bills new motto: Kings of Garbage Time!

stuckincincy
09-12-2012, 04:12 PM
If you are going to take away the Bills bad plays, shouldn't you do it for the Jets as well? A Jets fan would just say take away all the garbage-time scores the Bills got because the game was out of hand and the Jets let up.

Unfortunately, you can't take away those plays, they happened. Not to mention the Bills gave up 246 yards, allowed 6-for-8 conversions on 3rd down and were down 27-7 by halftime. Fitzpatrick had nothing to do with that, you going to take away that as well?

That should be the Bills new motto: Kings of Garbage Time!

IMO, the Jets followed the "conventional wisdom". Having a fat lead, they covered the sideline passes, softened the middle. Zoom went Spiller. I'm not terribly comfortable about the CW - many a team has dinked down the field and won. Why clubs without substantial leads do this, I don't know. OCs panic, go into 3rd quarter pass mania, DCs go into shells, I guess.

Kudos to NYJ's OC. Nice blend of runs/passes. Nicely coached game on both sides of the ball by them.

The Jokeman
09-12-2012, 04:19 PM
To me the play that killed the Bills chances on Sunday was the punt return for the TD. I think it just deflated us to the point to no return. This team needs to find a way to win a few games and gain some confidence. Maybe win these next two games and then find a way to beat New England and San Francisco because our schedule isn't really that tough and with a few key wins there's no reason why we can't be a team to contend for a Wild Card spot or even division title if we can go 3-3 or better against the division.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-12-2012, 05:58 PM

Even if the Jets are that good, the playoffs are a must-reach and it's pretty much going to take an upset division win to do that because there aren't enough wildcards to go around. So if the Jets really are that good we're still screwed.

BillsOverDolphins
09-12-2012, 06:58 PM
find a way to beat New England and San Francisco because our schedule isn't really that tough and with a few key wins there's no reason why we can't be a team to contend for a Wild Card spot or even division title.

We got ourselves a comedian

BillsFever21
09-12-2012, 08:37 PM

Last time I checked we also had 3 months to prepare for them. I could be wrong but last I knew the Bills found out at the same time they were playing the Jets :scratch:

The Jets aren't nearly as good as they played while they stomped all over us and we're not as bad as we got stomped either. We were totally outcoached, outplayed and the gameplan was pathetic.

The only thing this game should've done is wake up most of the people who thought we were going from a team who finished 1-8 to end the season last year while getting blown out in most of the games to a contending team just because of the addition of Mario Williams.