• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

BBD: Breaking Down Coverage via All-22

I really had a lot of fun making this post but it took me a LONG time. All-22 was better than I could of imagined especially with the tablet features. Anyways let me know what you guys think of this post, specifically the breakdowns, the images, and the colors. Is it clear enough?

Since the NFL is kind enough to offer us a free trial of the All-22 film, we thought we would indulge and take a gander at this past Sunday’s game. First off, the All-22 film is the gift at Christmas time that you didn’t asked for and your parents convinced you that they couldn’t afford only to find it under the tree on Christmas morning. I literally spent hours just clicking through plays and just watching, in agony, over and over again.However there were two plays in particular that I wanted to break down and share with you all.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Re: BBD: Breaking Down Coverage via All-22

thanks for taking the time to do this. Very insightful. From what you saw, are these things that are fixable or will teams continue to expoit this D?

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsburgh View Post
      thanks for taking the time to do this. Very insightful. From what you saw, are these things that are fixable or will teams continue to expoit this D?
      Fixable but these are big mistakes they shouldn't be making in very basic coverages. The triple coverage on the TE on the post route is so bad words do not do it justice.
      COMING SOON...

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Nice job. Colors are fine.

I'd have the rookie Gilmore play mostly man, giving up help for the rest of the backfield. Opposing qbs will note that with his back turned away from the LOS, his run support evaporates. But he needs to figure out how a receiver that has got downfield moves. I'd also bring him in closer to the LOS to learn about a receiver's burst at the snap, and how to use the 5 yd. chuck rule to advantage.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• billsburgh
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          Fixable but these are big mistakes they shouldn't be making in very basic coverages. The triple coverage on the TE on the post route is so bad words do not do it justice.
          Is that a result of still learning Wanny's system, bad coaching or stupidity?

Comment

• gebobs
            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
            • Sep 2003

Thanks...good analysis. Very depressing.
            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsburgh View Post
              Is that a result of still learning Wanny's system, bad coaching or stupidity?
              Impossible to know without having the specific calls.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                • Sep 2009

The flea flicker drove me nuts, I played that back half a dozen times. 7 Man protection so you're not getting pressure with 4, and then losing the 3 vs 2 battle is just awful. Gilmore was giving Hill so much ground, ridiculous. Williams was probably one of our better corners and the PI called his way was a joke, resulted in 7 points instead of a FG.

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

Is it normal for Byrd to be playing so deep? It seems to just take him out of the play.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                    Is it normal for Byrd to be playing so deep? It seems to just take him out of the play.
                    He played deep the majority of the game. There were instances when the safeties were lined up within 10-15 yards, but the norm when I went through the coaches angles was 18-20. Ridiculous depth. It's as if they were told to stay over the top at all costs, even if you outrun the receiver.

Comment

• gebobs
                      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                      • Sep 2003

Kazoo redux.
                      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

In a single safety set, yes sometimes. They need the extra depth to cover the necessary angles.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mouldsie
                          • Aug 2012

CB play in the NFL is not where it should be.... and safety play is just pitiful at every level

Thanks for sharing this post. I love this kind of analysis. I NEED A TABLET lol

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
                            CB play in the NFL is not where it should be.... and safety play is just pitiful at every level

Thanks for sharing this post. I love this kind of analysis. I NEED A TABLET lol
                            Yea without the tablet you cant really get the screen shots you need. I did the rest of the work on my Mac in terms of drawing and coloring.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                              • Sep 2008

On that first play you broke down, I understand why Gilmore would do that, he's a rookie after all. But, I'd expect a little more out of George Wilson. He's a veteran leader of that secondary with some history vs the Jets. He should have known better, there is no excuse for that. JMO Thanks for sharing.
                              Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 09-12-2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X