PDA

View Full Version : Is Donald Jones a legit #2 WR in the NFL?

BringBackMarv
09-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Because he is probably going to be our guy the rest of the year

Night Train
09-12-2012, 04:55 PM
" Guy "... as in whipping boy ?

buffalobillsfan95
09-12-2012, 05:10 PM
No, jones played slot receiver during camp and Graham will probably be moved to where Nelson played.

Since we run a spread, we don't need a traditional #2. There's just a #1 and every other reciever playing all over in different spots

Mouldsie
09-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Kind of OT: I still believe in the talent of Marcus Easley and with the injuries in the NFL these days he may get his chance at some point. I hope he captures the opportunity and puts it together.

more cowbell
09-12-2012, 05:40 PM
No.

BillsOverDolphins
09-12-2012, 05:42 PM
He's about as useful as AIDS

gloveus
09-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Maybe I'm just a hopelessly optimistic homer, but I think can be a legit #2. I don't know that he is a slot receiver (even though he's had snaps there), he seems best on the outside. Donald's biggest problem is Fitzy with that weak arm. Regardless, Sundays game wasn't an outlier, I think he'll have a solid year.

BillsOverDolphins
09-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Maybe I'm just a hopelessly optimistic homer.

Bingo.

Mahdi
09-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Jones has reliable hands and a very nice skill set. Quick in his cuts and good run after catch. I think he will thrive in the slot more than as a flanker.

I expect 60 catches and 5 TDs for Jones. Maybe more.

gebobs
09-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Mediocrity. Thy name is the Buffalo Bills.

Dr. Lecter
09-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Jones has reliable hands and a very nice skill set. Quick in his cuts and good run after catch. I think he will thrive in the slot more than as a flanker.

I expect 60 catches and 5 TDs for Jones. Maybe more.

Reliable hands?

DraftBoy
09-13-2012, 10:45 AM
No, he's a 4th-5th WR in all honesty. He should do better in the slot, but the fact that he's a top three option is a bit indicative of why we struggle still.

Mahdi
09-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Reliable hands?

A couple of drops doesn't mean you don't have reliable hands. Stevie also has reliable hands. Every receiver drops the ball.

I suppose Victor Cruz doesn't have reliable hands because he dropped 3 passes against Dallas?

BillsOverDolphins
09-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Mediocrity. Thy name is the Buffalo Bills.

Not quite. Mediocrity is what we shoot for around here (apparently). One day, we just may achieve it.

DraftBoy
09-13-2012, 10:49 AM
A couple of drops doesn't mean you don't have reliable hands. Stevie also has reliable hands. Every receiver drops the ball.

I suppose Victor Cruz doesn't have reliable hands because he dropped 3 passes against Dallas?

Bit of a difference between talking about one game with Cruz as opposed to multiple drops over multiple season for Stevie and Jones. Wouldn't you agree?

gebobs
09-13-2012, 11:20 AM

I wouldn't say that Jones or Cruz are known for "reliable hands". When I think of reliable hands, I think of guys like Marques Colston and Reggie Wayne.

Don't get me wrong. Cruz is fine, but 3 drops in a single game? No. that's not terribly "reliable". Maybe 3 in a season.

Mahdi
09-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Bit of a difference between talking about one game with Cruz as opposed to multiple drops over multiple season for Stevie and Jones. Wouldn't you agree?

I would say everything is relative. Jones, for the class of receiver he is has reliable hands from what Ive seen from him. For a guy like Cruz, having a 3 drop game could be considered unreliable but I just think he had a bad game and it happens to everyone.

Stevie has 2 big drops which fans use to base their opinion.

DraftBoy
09-13-2012, 11:39 AM
I would say everything is relative. Jones, for the class of receiver he is has reliable hands from what Ive seen from him. For a guy like Cruz, having a 3 drop game could be considered unreliable but I just think he had a bad game and it happens to everyone.

What?! Stevie dropped over 13% of his passes in 2010 with 13 drops that year. Please don't think this has to do with just two drops.

gebobs
09-13-2012, 11:47 AM
I would say everything is relative. Jones, for the class of receiver he is has reliable hands from what Ive seen from him.
He has relatively reliable hands for a mediocre receiver i.e. not very reliable.

For a guy like Cruz, having a 3 drop game could be considered unreliable but I just think he had a bad game and it happens to everyone.
Or could be we don't know. He only has 20 games under his belt.

While I disagree that it's just 2 drops, those were some monumental errors.

Historian
09-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Is Discopatty grounded in reality?

Luisito23
09-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Is this really a legit question? Please tell me it's not.

BillsWin
09-13-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm quietly one of the biggest TJ Graham fans on this board. In fact, I don't think I've mentioned him until today. But I wouldn't be surprised if he could catch some deep balls this year early. I think he's going to be a complete change of pace for some of these defensive backs and that could open up Stevie for some things.

BertSquirtgum
09-13-2012, 07:45 PM
No, Donald Jones sucks. I don't understand why Gailey continues thinking he can make chicken salad using chicken ****. He's a terrible coach.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-13-2012, 07:50 PM
No.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2012, 10:48 PM
There are WRs without jobs right now that are better than Donald Jones.

Sad but true.

lmcshadow
09-15-2012, 08:29 PM
LOL LOL !!!!!!!LMAO
There are WRs without jobs right now that are better than Donald Jones.

Sad but true.