PDA

View Full Version : How can one week transform this fan base?

BringBackMarv
09-12-2012, 04:57 PM
I lurk all over Bills forums--Going into the game everyone had really high hopes about this season. Just don't understand how all that could change after one bad half of football.

malvado78
09-12-2012, 05:02 PM
It has not been 1 half of bad football. It has been 385 halves of bad football (i.e. 12 seasons)...

Meathead
09-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Doomed!!!

more cowbell
09-12-2012, 05:36 PM
People are pi$$ed because this team looked EXACTLY the same in one game as they have over the past decade. With the defensive additions, in the off-season, and the FO actually keeping our own "good players" no one was expecting the same results against the Jets.

What exactly has this team done in the past 12-15 years to make anyone optimistic that they'll get their $#it together and start winning? Nothing.

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2012, 09:46 PM
I lurk all over Bills forums--Going into the game everyone had really high hopes about this season. Just don't understand how all that could change after one bad half of football.

I will tell you how. Ryan Fitzpatrick is our starting quarterback. I have no hope as long as he is behind center. I want them to win so badly, but I have no hope that they will.

Typ0
09-12-2012, 09:49 PM
But he's a smart QB and Chan can turn him into dynamo...

gebobs
09-12-2012, 10:12 PM

What changed? The Bills still suck and most of us get it. You're an idiot and a football ignoramus if you can't see that the Bills suck. They are short on talent but even shorter on coaching. Wannstadt and Gailey are putzes.

Gilly
09-12-2012, 10:19 PM
it was how they lost..

10 minutes left in the second quarter i felt like puking...(of the first game!!)

Skooby
09-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Never winning a Superbowl & never going to in Buffalo was a dish served this week, this team is done.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-13-2012, 05:42 AM
Don't worry, they will win this weekend and everyone will be claiming playoffs and how they predicted that this team would make the playoffs. What, is this your first year on these boards?

CoolBreeze
09-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Like Mario Williams said on Wednesday, "All those talkin ***** after 1 game, are showing their true colors"

The Toe Show
09-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Same issues have plagued Buffalo for years.

Lack of a balanced attack.

Last week Fitz ONLY threw to the sidelines. The Defense didn't Blitz!

You can't line up in the NFL and run the same plays and sets over and over again. This lesson has been learned by many through Tecmo and Super Tecmo Bowl.

MIX IT UP!

This is why I think so many were so disappointed. That and the injuries. Losing Nelson and Jackson hurts.

Injuries, Lack of Balance --> Repeating Patterns --> Frustration

It's also never fun to make the Jets look good.

But if they come back this week and adjust, I'm a happy clam.

Night Train
09-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Going back to last season, we've lost 9 of our last 10.

Winning will correct that but this team has LOTS to prove.

kishoph
09-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Last week Fitz ONLY threw to the sidelines.

This has been on the board all morning, does anybody watch the game ?

PTI
09-13-2012, 10:18 AM
It has been 11 straight weeks of bad football, not 1 game, they are now 1-10 in their last 11 and Fitz has sucked horribly. 65 QB rating in last 11, looks nowhere near like he should be in a NFL uniform.

Stewie
09-13-2012, 10:49 AM

Years of losing + passionate fanbase + increased expectations + a terrible, awful 1st half performance = pissed off fans.

I'm not one of them, but I understand. I expected us to split the division, at best. At the end of the season, the score from this past weekend probably won't matter (except in unlikely tiebreaker situations.) All that matters was the division loss.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2012, 10:50 AM

I didn't have high hopes.

Over the last 12 years I've learned one thing. Let them prove they can win before getting hopes up. A couple of signing during the off-season were nice. But I never was a Mario fan and Dareus is proven to me that we should have took Green or Peterson. And then there is Fitzpatrick.

DraftBoy
09-13-2012, 11:01 AM
I'd like to know where this idea of just one bad half comes from. The Jets scored 21 points in the 2nd half. This wasn't just one bad half.

gebobs
09-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Like Mario Williams said on Wednesday, "All those talkin ***** after 1 game, are showing their true colors"
Really? Did he really say that? **** that noise. How about the colors of a fanbase that has followed this franchise through thick and mostly thin for 50 years. If he really said that, he can go **** himself.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Because everything we were promised about this defense, and the investments they made into the line, made it seem like they were unstoppable. Within one game, it was exposed as yet another Russ Brandon PR lie.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-13-2012, 07:53 PM
I will tell you how. Ryan Fitzpatrick is our starting quarterback. I have no hope as long as he is behind center. I want them to win so badly, but I have no hope that they will.
Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't give up 48 points when he was expected to be the most vaunted defensive line in the league.

BertSquirtgum
09-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't give up 48 points when he was expected to be the most vaunted defensive line in the league.

Nope. He just single-handedly gave them 21 points.

mjt328
09-13-2012, 08:10 PM
For me, it was two reasons:

1)
By the end of last season, I was DONE with Fitz. He had gotten his chance to become our long-awaited QB savior and failed (like Johnson, Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards, etc. before him).
Then the story came out about his secret rib injury, which supposedly coincided with his fall-off in play. Then Chan kept reminding us in the offseason how Fitz was negatively affected by the injuries to Fred Jackson, Eric Wood, Donald Jones, etc. Then we started hearing about Fitz focusing on his mechanics in the offseason.
All of this made us optimistic that the offense could return to early-2011 form. But after 4 partial preseason games and Week 1 against the Jets, it's clear that Fitz is the same QB we've been watching his whole career. He's a below-average starter that will hold the team back more than help it.

2)
The additions of Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, combined with Dave Wannstedt taking over the defense - was supposed to turn us into an elite group. After all, how can teams block a line that consists of Williams, Dareus, Williams and Anderson?
The answer was apparent on Sunday.
Our back 7 are TERRIBLE. Our defensive scheme is TERRIBLE.
Opponents will take advantage of this all season with short drops and quick throws.

Marcala12
09-14-2012, 03:14 AM
it was only one week, but it seemed to indicate the following:

1) We all know Chan lost the team last year; he certainly doesn't appear to have the team "buying in" yet, so it's fair to wonder if he ever will.

2) Fitz isn't good and the ribs injury was a silly excuse.

3) We have a rookie starting corner, a 2nd year starting corner, a waste of space nickel corner, and 1 established linebacker. We were all homers in overlooking how uncertain the defense was past the line. We're all willing to overlook the bad game by the d-line - they'll get better. But this one game certainly legitimized concerns about the LB's and the CB's. It was wishful thinking on all our parts to think the young cb's and no-name lb's were going to get the job done simply because the d-line is upgraded. One game was enough to put things into proper perspective on the D. Maybe some of these young guys get better as the season goes on (Gilmore sure can't get any worse), but we're looking at a defense that can get shreded by any team that has a good enough o-line to limit our pressure, like the Jets.

Figster
09-14-2012, 01:24 PM
it was only one week, but it seemed to indicate the following:

1) We all know Chan lost the team last year; he certainly doesn't appear to have the team "buying in" yet, so it's fair to wonder if he ever will.

2) Fitz isn't good and the ribs injury was a silly excuse.

3) We have a rookie starting corner, a 2nd year starting corner, a waste of space nickel corner, and 1 established linebacker. We were all homers in overlooking how uncertain the defense was past the line. We're all willing to overlook the bad game by the d-line - they'll get better. But this one game certainly legitimized concerns about the LB's and the CB's. It was wishful thinking on all our parts to think the young cb's and no-name lb's were going to get the job done simply because the d-line is upgraded. One game was enough to put things into proper perspective on the D. Maybe some of these young guys get better as the season goes on (Gilmore sure can't get any worse), but we're looking at a defense that can get shreded by any team that has a good enough o-line to limit our pressure, like the Jets.

lol, let me guess, T & C and/ or his minions got to you, that's hilarious

I tend to agree with you on the CB's and LB position, but Gilmore and Williams should only get better eh