• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsOverDolphins
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2003

Woe need to pull an Indy

Luckily, we may just be thatbad anyways--but think about it, fellas. What's the only thing that can give this franchise real hope for the future? A reason to be excited. A reason to stay.

Matt Barkley changes the dynamics of everything (assuming he doesn't pull an Eli). We are staring down the barrel of another 6-10 season right now, and deep down you all know that. The high-drafted QBs of the last several years have been hitting at impressive rates, and their teams have benefitted from it. Even the Dolphins are trying it now (even though I honestly believe Tannehill blows).

If the old geezers and incessant sunshiners on here can look past a much-needed tank job this season, then the future will be bright for the next 10 years.

We HAVE to get Barkley--at all costs--so do your part to support the 2012 tank.
    Oh no!...We suck again!
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

Re: Woe need to pull an Indy

Nix, Gailey and the rest of the coaching staff would probably not want to be unemployed in 2013. The Bills aren't going to tank the season. And personally, I wouldn't support it. That's not a professional football team. I acknowledge that Fitz is never going to hold the Lombardi trophy, nor is he a long term solution behind center. Franchise QB's are difficult to come by, but tanking a full season, being at week 2, isn't a proud way of obtaining one.

Comment

• Bangarang
      • Sep 2010

Seems like the people that want us to be bad end up being the same ones to complain about us actually being bad. I want to win.

Also Barkley is being overhyped because he's the most recognize able name in the next QB class. I guarantee people won't be craving him once more QBs emerge.
      Last edited by Bangarang; 09-12-2012, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Worst idea ever.

Comment

• Gibby
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins View Post
          Luckily, we may just be thatbad anyways--but think about it, fellas. What's the only thing that can give this franchise real hope for the future? A reason to be excited. A reason to stay.

Matt Barkley changes the dynamics of everything (assuming he doesn't pull an Eli). We are staring down the barrel of another 6-10 season right now, and deep down you all know that. The high-drafted QBs of the last several years have been hitting at impressive rates, and their teams have benefitted from it. Even the Dolphins are trying it now (even though I honestly believe Tannehill blows).

If the old geezers and incessant sunshiners on here can look past a much-needed tank job this season, then the future will be bright for the next 10 years.

We HAVE to get Barkley--at all costs--so do your part to support the 2012 tank.
          Wasn't that the thinking in 2001? And look at how that worked out. We fired the HC, got the new and mostly untested qb to be our starter and we made the playoffs every year and won multiple superbowls and play . . . wait, that's not what happened at all.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

Losing is for losers.

Comment

• Mouldsie
              • Aug 2012

We're a year late on that idea

Comment

• Mike
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                Losing is for losers.
                lol. I guess that makes the Bills the biggest losers of all. 12 years and counting!
                Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
                  We're a year late on that idea
                  Only complete and total ineptitude is to blame.
                  There are certain owners I like and other I dont, and I am 100% that many of the competent ones know the value of losing a lost year so you can win for the next 12. If 32 of the poster, including myself, were NFL owners, I would own most of you most of the time. Lose 1yr and win the next 12, then lose again and so on, ala the Colts (did it 2x - first was Manning, a few years before getting Manning they almost made it to the Superbowl and last year was the second and again they were the winning-est team of previous 12 years)

BTW: The Bills, who do not use such an obvious strategy, have a historical win percentage bellow .500! Over all the Bills are a loser.
                  Last edited by Mike; 09-13-2012, 05:06 AM.
                  Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Prov401 View Post
                    Nix, Gailey and the rest of the coaching staff would probably not want to be unemployed in 2013. The Bills aren't going to tank the season. And personally, I wouldn't support it. That's not a professional football team. I acknowledge that Fitz is never going to hold the Lombardi trophy, nor is he a long term solution behind center. Franchise QB's are difficult to come by, but tanking a full season, being at week 2, isn't a proud way of obtaining one.
                    There is no proud way of obtaining one. Is it better to suck so bad that you end up 1-15 and get a TOP QB or is it better to an 8-8 team that goes through certain 'events' and ends up 1-15 with a star QB?
                    Please Make Sense

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I would rather pull a Giants.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gibby View Post
                        Wasn't that the thinking in 2001? And look at how that worked out. We fired the HC, got the new and mostly untested qb to be our starter and we made the playoffs every year and won multiple superbowls and play . . . wait, that's not what happened at all.
                        Who was the top 2 QB we drafted?

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                          • Feb 2005

no player is going to tank a season... they want to keep their jobs. this tank a season talk is gibberish now just like its been for 10 years now
                          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

It is patently ridiculous to talk seriously about the Bills' tanking.

Call me an old geezer, which I definitely am, or an incessant sunshiner, which I'm not, but no one in the Bills' organization with an ounce of integrity or an iota of competitive spirit will do anything to purposely lose games.

It's absurd. Please stop.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers View Post
                              It is patently ridiculous to talk seriously about the Bills' tanking.

Call me an old geezer, which I definitely am, or an incessant sunshiner, which I'm not, but no one in the Bills' organization with an ounce of integrity or an iota of competitive spirit will do anything to purposely lose games.

It's absurd. Please stop.
                              lol competitive spirit. I'm glad you finally woke up from your 13-year coma...I'm sure somebody here can fill you in on the "competitive spirit" we've displayed while you were sleeping.
                              Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

Working...
                              X