PDA

View Full Version : Fitzpatricks passes: Diagram

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Let me start by saying I stole someone's hard work from the range. A poster spent their own time making this diagram. To me, it's just another reason why I think Gailey, his play calling, and his game planning suck. It was also stated by another poster that the Jets knew the majority of passes from Putzputrid were always sideways.

http://s18.postimage.org/68m0t69mx/fitzjets.png

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2012, 10:03 PM
If a common citizen can come up with this, what do you guys think a nfl coaching staff will come up with? They spend all week watching tape. Gailey needs to get his arrogant head out of his ass and realize what's he's been doing isn't working. This how teams found out about the special offense last year. It's the same thing over and over again.

mrbojanglezs
09-12-2012, 10:07 PM
we have seen Fitz throw up the middle so could just have been part of the game plan, obviously didn't work though

TigerJ
09-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Gailey's offensive scheme is based on stretching the field horizontally, but I think that throwing in the middle on some occasions should be part of that philosophy. If the defense can just assume that nothing will happen between the hash marks, then the offense is not stretching the field the way they can. It is possible that there were plays in which Fitzpatrick had the option of throwing down the middle, but didn't take it. He was not very accurate, especially in the first half, but I think the interceptions happened mostly because Fitz never took the position of the cornerback into account. It the CB is to the inside of the WR where he can jump the route, he's probably going to jump the route.

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2012, 10:26 PM
The CB can jump the route if they know that Fitz is 50% surely going to throw it that way.... if the guy they're covering is heading towards one of the sidelines.

BillsFever21
09-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Wow it doesn't get anymore telling then that. As you said, if a poster from a fan site can come up with that diagram then I can only imagine what a real coach in the NFL can come up with. I don't think it's just a one game exception either. The majority of his passes are the same general pass. Just a different distance, out of a different formation, different receiver, different route, etc.

But I thought Gailey was an offense mastermind? Even with the limitations that Fitzpatrick has you need to come up with some different wrinkles to keep the defense honest and guessing. They are just playing the short routes to mostly a certain section of the field and basically saying when you can beat us a different way then we'll adjust what we're doing. The problem is we're not adjusting to what the defense is showing or doing much of anything differently.

After the first 4 games or so of last year you could see the offensive production was going down. It didn't take long for teams to figure out what we were doing. Between a new QB and offensive philosophy along without an offseason for teams to break us down or prepare for what we may do we had a spark to start the year. After the first 4 games the offense wasn't flinging the ball and points around like it was the first month and by the 6th game they mostly had us figured out and it just went downhill after that and our offense was junk afterwards.

Too many people are still living in the fantasy of early last season with the way Fitzpatrick and the offense played. Myself and many others stated as much noted above after the first month or two but you have too many that still hold onto the dreams. Anybody can have some success when you can surprise the other team and they don't know what you're doing.

Once a team figures you out unless you have a good coach and QB who is capable of adapting and changing to keep them guessing then you are stuck with one of the worse offenses in the league with a ton of turnovers like we were the 2nd half of last year. Some like to count some of the mop up yards and points we scored but the defense is playing an entirely different game when they are up a few scores or preserving a decent lead late in the game and will let you have them yards or a score in exchange for 4-6 minutes off the clock anyday. Outside of a few games we were completely terrible on offense after the 7th game of the year and it started before that with the games against the Bengals and Eagles. Even with the win against the Redskins the offense wasn't very good either. With how poorly they played on offense we should've scored well more then 23 points. The big passing plays were mostly non-existent and Jackson was most of our offense against the Eagles and Redskins.

Skooby
09-12-2012, 10:28 PM
I think this diagram could fit under this thread quite nicely, without requiring its own thread:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/213895-I-can-t-find-a-moment-the-we-throw-in-the-middle-of-the-field-during-the-Jets-game

BillsFever21
09-12-2012, 10:29 PM
we have seen Fitz throw up the middle so could just have been part of the game plan, obviously didn't work though

Throwing an occasional pass up the middle is much different then mixing it up and throwing there and completing them on a regular basis.

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2012, 10:35 PM
I think this diagram could fit under this thread quite nicely, without requiring its own thread:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/213895-I-can-t-find-a-moment-the-we-throw-in-the-middle-of-the-field-during-the-Jets-game

Get over yourself clown. If the mods want to merge this thread, feel free. Then Mitch can live in infamy with his long line of awesome thread startings.

Skooby
09-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Get over yourself clown.

Your constant repetitive need to be louder than others is a self-confidence issue, grow a pair & push Mom's tits away. Your admittedly stolen "diagram" is exactly about what I wrote about this morning, try to not double up or repost the same ideas.

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Hilarious.

kingJofNYC
09-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Jets are one of the best teams in the league at defending the middle of the field. Can't find the article, read a few weeks ago, but they rank up near the top at defending that area of the field. Hope whoever did this tracks it from week to week.

Stevie's TD came over the middle, caught a slant/skinny post right at the hash and took it in. Play where Revis intercepted Fitz had a square in/dig but the LBs were sitting over the middle because the Bills ran a 7 man protection.

DrGraves
09-13-2012, 12:43 AM
I agree Hurkey. I can't stand that kids posts. I mean I love billszone as much as the next guy, but the last time I checked its not a competition to start as many threads as possible. someone correct me if im wrong?

kishoph
09-13-2012, 03:05 AM
Let me start by saying I stole someone's hard work from the range. A poster spent their own time making this diagram. To me, it's just another reason why I think Gailey, his play calling, and his game planning suck. It was also stated by another poster that the Jets knew the majority of passes from Putzputrid were always sideways.

Before being so critical, you should check some facts, this graph is so inaccurate it isn't funny (or maybe it is). After seeing this graph, I went to Game rewind and looked at just the 4th quarter alone, were I seen 4-5 passes to the middle of the field or just a couple of yards from the hash marks. BTW, the hash marks are appoox. 24 yds. from the sidelines, so I would consider that the middle of the field, it certainly isn't the sidelines.

Skooby
09-13-2012, 03:24 AM
I agree Hurkey. I can't stand that kids posts. I mean I love billszone as much as the next guy, but the last time I checked its not a competition to start as many threads as possible. someone correct me if im wrong?

I'd prefer not to have repetitive threads regardless of the poster, it makes for a cleaner board.

YardRat
09-13-2012, 05:54 AM
Even if the chart was accurate, it doesn't take into account any defensive strategy for taking away the middle of the field.

The King
09-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Maybe the plan was to avoid Landry and Bell?

Yasgur's Farm
09-13-2012, 06:24 AM
I call BS... He threw at least 2 over the middle as I remember it... 1 fairly deep to David Nelson and 1 to SJ13 for a TD. I think there was another to Chandler as well.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2012, 06:32 AM

http://s18.postimage.org/68m0t69mx/fitzjets.png

I'd like to compare it to Peyton Manning or Bradys.

The Toe Show
09-13-2012, 11:27 AM
I like this chart so much - I might post it to my Pinterest.

ONE DIMENSIONAL TEAMS LOSE.

In the NFL, you must adjust - not come out at halftime - do the same thing and throw a pick 6. LEARN.

DraftBoy
09-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Even if the chart was accurate, it doesn't take into account any defensive strategy for taking away the middle of the field.

Charting is good for trying to develop tendencies and that's about it. Also if the chart isn't accurate, which this one wasn't then its pretty much useless.

more cowbell
09-13-2012, 12:59 PM
I wish the Bills would win games instead of lose them.

SABURZFAN
09-13-2012, 03:16 PM
I call BS... He threw at least 2 over the middle as I remember it... 1 fairly deep to David Nelson and 1 to SJ13 for a TD. I think there was another to Chandler as well.

come on, draz... we're dealing with another bum QB that people are making excuses for. you should have learned that with the last few QBs that this pathetic organization has tried stuffing down our throats.

BillsWin
09-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Hurkey,

I enjoy reading your posts. Mostly because I know your signature is just a scroll away.

Yasgur's Farm
09-13-2012, 08:03 PM
come on, draz... we're dealing with another bum QB that people are making excuses for. you should have learned that with the last few QBs that this pathetic organization has tried stuffing down our throats.
Sabz... I'm not sticking up for Fitz in the least... I just can't stomach a poster that fabricates to support his/her argumant.

FYI... OP at buffalorange has been exposed for what he is http://www.buffalorange.com/showthread.php?202532-Where-Fitz-throws-a-diagram&p=3232721#post3232721

BertSquirtgum
09-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Only 4 attempts in the middle and how many on the outside? That's still ******ed on Gailey's planning. Who cares if he lied about 3 passes. He's still right.

Yasgur's Farm
09-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Who cares if he lied about 3 passes. He's still right.It's 5 passes... Either way... He can't be right if he claimed zero attempts. It makes him no better than the one who claims that 9% unemployment is OK because 91% are working.

BertSquirtgum
09-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Here's the original posters completely accurate chart. Still terrible, IMO. Gailey needs to mix it up more than that. Need more routes going over the middle or maybe Fitzpatrick is at fault. I'm not an nfl coach so I don't have the time to watch the tape.

http://s12.postimage.org/erwocld4d/gamelines.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Blue = Catch
Yellow = Incomplete
Red = Interception

kishoph
09-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Here's the original posters completely accurate chart. Still terrible, IMO. Gailey needs to mix it up more than that. Need more routes going over the middle or maybe Fitzpatrick is at fault. I'm not an nfl coach so I don't have the time to watch the tape.

http://s12.postimage.org/erwocld4d/gamelines.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Blue = Catch
Yellow = Incomplete
Red = Interception

Even if this chart is more accurate, it's still deceiving. The lines represent the flight of the ball (more so were the ball ended up), it doesn't show how many routes were ran to or through the "middle" of the field. There could of been crossing patterns or out routes, there's no way of telling what routes were ran by reading a graph like this.