• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

BillsMafia

I don't consider myself to be part of the #BillsMafia.

I don't really understand it, and I find it a bit gay. Its just like red sox nation, which I also think is stupid. I use it in my tweets to try and gain visibility, but that's about it.

What the hell is it and why do I care?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: BillsMafia

Shelby gives them legitimacy, IMO.

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

In regards to what?
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Its a group of fans who are joined together in support of the team. They use social media to connect with each other and some Bills players. It got really big when Shawne Merriman started tweeting about it and now guys like Fred Jackson do. I actually won one of their wrist bands which I wear on Sundays. Nice guys from those Ive spoken to.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

so they're just fans in a fanbase that attached a label to themselves?
          It was all

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
            so they're just fans in a fanbase that attached a label to themselves?
            Basically. I think the whole story is on their website.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• gebobs
              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
              • Sep 2003

I don't consider myself to be part of the #BillsMafia.

I don't really understand it, and I find it a bit gay. Its just like red sox nation, which I also think is stupid. I use it in my tweets to try and gain visibility, but that's about it.

What the hell is it and why do I care?
              What's a tweet?
              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                Basically. I think the whole story is on their website.
                I didnt even know they had a site. Cool, the do a ton of stuff for free and give to charity... that's pretty awesome.
                It was all

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I didnt even know they had a site. Cool, the do a ton of stuff for free and give to charity... that's pretty awesome.
                  Yes I mean from the few Ive spoken to directly (Del mainly) they seem like a really cool straight up set of fans.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

I got the impression they were separating themselves from the collective.
                    It was all

Comment

• dog14787
                      • Oct 2010

Myself personally, I'm not to keen on having an association regarding something with the name mafia in it and wonder how many others are turned off by name,

Silly, I know...

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

It's on Twitter, so there is no reason for anyone to care.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mindbender
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by dog14787 View Post
                          Myself personally, I'm not to keen on having an association regarding something with the name mafia in it and wonder how many others are turned off by name,

Silly, I know...
                          Not really. That's why I don't use their "twibbon" although I do use the has tag occasionally.
                          "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

Working...
                          X