Cuomo Rep “The only party that has not said they are committed to keeping the Bills"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Cuomo Rep “The only party that has not said they are committed to keeping the Bills"

“The only party that has not said they are committed to keeping the Bills in Buffalo is the Bills." - Rep for Gov Cuomo.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Cuomo Rep “The only party that has not said they are committed to keeping the Bil

I honestly think 2013 is the last year the Bills are here.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Re: Cuomo Rep “The only party that has not said they are committed to keeping the Bil

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
      I honestly think 2013 is the last year the Bills are here.
      Im trying to figure out what Cuomo's angle is here though. There is little to be gained (or lost) by the Bills going to or staying in terms of what he wants. Im not trying to imply that WNY doesn't matter but its been proven time and time again that in terms of the totem pole they sit on the lower end when it comes to those decision makers in Albany.
      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        Im trying to figure out what Cuomo's angle is here though. There is little to be gained (or lost) by the Bills going to or staying in terms of what he wants. Im not trying to imply that WNY doesn't matter but its been proven time and time again that in terms of the totem pole they sit on the lower end when it comes to those decision makers in Albany.
        Erie County is very important in statewide races and losings NYS only NFL team would not be good

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Erie County is very important in statewide races and losings NYS only NFL team would not be good
          Yea but for Cuomo, statewide races are not what's important. That's why I can't quite see his angle. Does he really think he can strong arm the team into an ironclad Jaguars style lease?
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

I'm guessing that old Ralph and his advisors know the team will be worth more without a lease tying them to Buffalo. So they're not being reasonable and signed the one year extension, and there's a pretty good chance Ralph doesn't see the end of that lease. I don't like the way this is setting up at all. It's like the perfect storm. I too would not be surprised if next year is the Bills last in Buffalo.
            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Yea but for Cuomo, statewide races are not what's important. That's why I can't quite see his angle. Does he really think he can strong arm the team into an ironclad Jaguars style lease?
              Tax revenue.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

It is for his party and successor

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

God, if only we hadnt signed Fitz to that terrible contract and if Mario wasnt such a pussy, we'd be set for the rest of time. /sarcasm

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

What about all the tax revenue and salaries that the Buffalo Bills bring in each year? New York State would lose that if the Bills leave.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                      I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                      • Sep 2004

**** the Bills, **** the Erie County, **** the NFL and **** the governator if the Bills leave Buffalo!
                      The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                        Will not tolerate vandalism.
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Michael82 View Post
                        What about all the tax revenue and salaries that the Buffalo Bills bring in each year? New York State would lose that if the Bills leave.
                        It's not as much as you think. All in all, it generally turns out to be a wash with all the subsidies. Plus, the increased disposable income from not going to Bills games almost always ends up elsewhere in the market.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

It is for his party and successor
                          You really think he cares about either of those two things?
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Michael82 View Post
                            Yes but what's the net effect? You're only presenting one side of the argument, how much is the state/county giving the Bills? Does equal out, is one side losing? I honestly have no idea but it would be intriguing.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Yes but what's the net effect? You're only presenting one side of the argument, how much is the state/county giving the Bills? Does equal out, is one side losing? I honestly have no idea but it would be intriguing.
                              and there are other factors too. Orchard Park police and NYS troopers spend a fortune on game days to control the traffic and keep people safe from any problems that arise. If the Bills weren't in town, they would save all that money.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X