PDA

View Full Version : It bears repeating, so...

BillsOverDolphins
09-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Give it to Spiller on 1st, 2nd, 3rd--and if need be--4th down. Run, screen, HB option, I don't care. There's no reason any of the other CFL-level skill players on our offense should touch the ball. Stevie's got a groin issue, so I can't see him getting the ball too much.

Spiller, Spiller, and more Spiller...or gtfo Chan

Mindbender
09-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Glad I'm not the only one sick and tired of this pass first offense with a subpar QB.

jdaltroy5
09-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Might become a tad predictable.

I agree that he needs to get the rock more, but he'll have bigger holes to run through if we spread them out first.

Bills Juggernaut
09-14-2012, 11:52 AM
What we need to happen is let Fitz throw the ball a lot to start the game. After a few pics, the defense will be all jacked up to get a few more easy interceptions and will be playing pass first defense to uphold thier huge lead, they will forget about the run game and then we light them up with Spiller. Just like last week......

kishoph
09-14-2012, 12:35 PM
I think that KC has a much stronger pass defense than their run defense, but you have to have a balance. I don't understand why Gailey seems so obsessed with making the passing game work without trying to loosen up the defense with the running game. We don't need to sink or swim with the passing game when we have such explosive RB's that can score just as quickly as a passing attack (Jackson will be back). Gailey knows this because I have heard him say it, he is not gonna make Fitz better by keep on forcing him to throw the ball. Last season we were 4th in yards per rushing attempt (1st in the AFC), yet we finished 27th in attempts per game. There were games when the run had to be abandoned because being far behind, but Gailey seems reluctant to try an establish the running game, before going pass happy. I'll be pissed if he comes out without trying to run and Fitz puts us in another huge hole early in the game. I'd like to see close to 30 rushing attempts on Sunday with Spiller getting near 20 of them..

BillsOverDolphins
09-14-2012, 12:41 PM
I think that KC has a much stronger pass defense than their run defense, but you have to have a balance. I don't understand why Gailey seems so obsessed with making the passing game work without trying to loosen up the defense with the running game. We don't need to sink or swim with the passing game when we have such explosive RB's that can score just as quickly as a passing attack (Jackson will be back). Gailey knows this because I have heard him say it, he is not gonna make Fitz better by keep on forcing him to throw the ball. Last season we were 4th in yards per rushing attempt (1st in the AFC), yet we finished 27th in attempts per game. There were games when the run had to be abandoned because being far behind, but Gailey seems reluctant to try an establish the running game, before going pass happy. I'll be pissed if he comes out without trying to run and Fitz puts us in another huge hole early in the game. I'd like to see close to 30 rushing attempts on Sunday with Spiller getting near 20 of them..

+1, especially when we have such horrrible, sub-standard talent at QB and WR.

BillsOverDolphins
09-16-2012, 12:48 PM
bump

DynaPaul
09-16-2012, 08:38 PM
You called it.