PDA

View Full Version : Do most of our fans post from nursing homes?

BillsOverDolphins
09-14-2012, 12:22 PM
How is it that SO MANY people here still cannot see this trainwreck for what it's been and what it still is?

I just picture legions of drooling Bills fans sitting in their rocking chairs in a catatonic state, with a vacant look on their face as they watch the Bills piss away another seaon.

SquishDaFish
09-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Better then postin our moms basement like you LMAO

BillsOverDolphins
09-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Better then postin our moms basement like you LMAO

Meatloaf's for dinner. Ring the bell when your ready

Joe Fo Sho
09-14-2012, 01:35 PM
How is it that SO MANY people here still cannot see this trainwreck for what it's been and what it still is?

I just picture legions of drooling Bills fans sitting in their rocking chairs in a catatonic state, with a vacant look on their face as they watch the Bills piss away another seaon.

What do you care about what we think? Seriously, what's the point? You think you're going to change the state of the Bills by convincing Bills homers that the Bills suck?

Maybe the quality of the product the Bills put on the field is directly proportional to the amount of threads you start! It's probably the opposite, but I guess we'll never know, huh?

ServoBillieves
09-14-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm a 24 year old who in delusional somber decided to follow my families obsession with the Buffalo Bills.

I have never known of the glory years, yet I'm still obsessed. Do I deserve to be in a home? Yes. Yes I do. With numerous straight jackets, but I don't complain about the Bills every day, nor find it necessary to go to websites about a team that I am disappointed with and complain about said team.

Albany,n.y.
09-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Only Ralph. He puts on a dress & a wig & posts under the name Miss Management.

Jeff1220
09-14-2012, 01:40 PM
I prefer to call it an independent living facility.

Figster
09-14-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm a 24 year old who in delusional somber decided to follow my families obsession with the Buffalo Bills.

I have never known of the glory years, yet I'm still obsessed. Do I deserve to be in a home? Yes. Yes I do. With numerous straight jackets, but I don't complain about the Bills every day, nor find it necessary to go to websites about a team that I am disappointed with and complain about said team.

Give it a few more years on the going to websites and complaining part...

...because as you grow older...

...you 'll find misery loves company...

BillsOverDolphins
09-14-2012, 01:43 PM
What do you care about what we think? Seriously, what's the point? You think you're going to change the state of the Bills by convincing Bills homers that the Bills suck?

Maybe the quality of the product the Bills put on the field is directly proportional to the amount of threads you start! It's probably the opposite, but I guess we'll never know, huh?

Meatloaf's for dinner. Ring the bell when you're ready

EDS
09-14-2012, 01:46 PM

No, but that is where they recruit front office talent!!!!

Cntrygal
09-14-2012, 01:47 PM
After so many years of crushed hopes, most of us are in pysch wards. :insane::boozer:

BertSquirtgum
09-14-2012, 01:54 PM

That's because you take your frustrations out on mr mcgibblets.

ServoBillieves
09-14-2012, 01:55 PM
That's because you take your frustrations out on mr mcgibblets.

Who wouldn't?! I will not tickle him or rub his belly...

BillsOverDolphins
09-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Who wouldn't?! I will not tickle him or rub his belly...

Best show on TV

Skooby
09-14-2012, 04:40 PM

Family's, (Possessive). Just Saying.

YardRat
09-14-2012, 05:42 PM

Says the guy sportin' a sopping wet, ****ty diaper.

BillsOverDolphins
09-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Says the guy sportin' a sopping wet, ****ty diaper.

lol YardRat trying to talk smack with the GOAT.

Lemme help you out, son...stick to what you're good at, and it ain't talkin' smack. It's the "hi-diddly-ho neighbor! I love my Buffalo Bills!" skipworthy posts that you spam us with. You're the Ned Flanders of the Bills fanbase

Extremebillsfan247
09-14-2012, 05:58 PM

I just picture legions of drooling Bills fans sitting in their rocking chairs in a catatonic state, with a vacant look on their face as they watch the Bills piss away another seaon. Most of us don't have the need for anti-depressants and counseling sessions with the local shrink. If that makes us bad fans, then so be it. Personally, I'd rather be around fans who are proud to be Bills fans, than those who are down all the time because the team is bad. For some of us, being a fan means sticking with the team whether it's good or bad. But, we don't need some fan trying to point out what we already know like its some new discovery. Just saying.

BillsOverDolphins
09-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Most of us don't have the need for anti-depressants and counseling sessions with the local shrink. If that makes us bad fans, then so be it. Personally, I'd rather be around fans who are proud to be Bills fans, than those who are down all the time because the team is bad. For some of us, being a fan means sticking with the team whether it's good or bad. But, we don't need some fan trying to point out what we already know like its some new discovery. Just saying.

For some reason I heard Stuart Smalley's voice as I was reading this.

Extremebillsfan247
09-14-2012, 06:03 PM
For some reason I heard Stuart Smalley's voice as I was reading this. If your hearing voices, you should seek professional help. Just saying.

BillsOverDolphins
09-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Look at the quick wit on that guy

YardRat
09-14-2012, 06:08 PM
lol YardRat trying to talk smack with the GOAT.

Lemme help you out, son...stick to what you're good at, and it ain't talkin' smack. It's the "hi-diddly-ho neighbor! I love my Buffalo Bills!" skipworthy posts that you spam us with. You're the Ned Flanders of the Bills fanbase

Obviously you don't read my stuff...you really should, you would actually learn something. Was I right on the diaper thingie, or have you progressed into pull-ups yet?

BillsOverDolphins
09-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Obviously you don't read my stuff

You're right, I just skip over everyone of your posts now because they're as vanilla and predictable as they come. Be thankful I'm even acknowledging you now.

YardRat
09-14-2012, 06:17 PM
You're right, I just skip over everyone of your posts now because they're as vanilla and predictable as they come. Be thankful I'm even acknowledging you now.

I can do without 'acknowledgements', but thanks anyway.

It's a good thing for you that you are able to at least participate in discussions by starting inane threads like this, because anything you post that is even remotely related to to the actual game of football is evidence as to how far over your head you actually are.

BillsOverDolphins
09-14-2012, 06:23 PM
I can do without 'acknowledgements', but thanks anyway.

It's a good thing for you that you are able to at least participate in discussions by starting inane threads like this, because anything you post that is even remotely related to to the actual game of football is evidence as to how far over your head you actually are.

I've forgotten more about football then you'll ever know. Don't make me go through your post history and find all the stupid football takes you've had through the years--b/c that would entail compiling evidence for an entire week. If you want me to, I'll be happy to do this on Monday--I'm DEAD SERIOUS.

You are a simple person with simple things to say. I can bury you and you're supposed football knowledge if I wanted to with just 2 questions, so stfu and go be vanilla some place else.

YardRat
09-14-2012, 06:30 PM
I've forgotten more about football then you'll ever know. Don't make me go through your post history and find all the stupid football takes you've had through the years--b/c that would entail compiling evidence for an entire week. If you want me to, I'll be happy to do this on Monday--I'm DEAD SERIOUS.

You are a simple person with simple things to say. I can bury you and you're supposed football knowledge if I wanted to with just 2 questions, so stfu and go be vanilla some place else.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/212995-***The-Official-quot-We-should-ve-drafted-Michael-Floyd-quot-Thread***

Still waiting....

BillsOverDolphins
09-14-2012, 06:33 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/212995-***The-Official-quot-We-should-ve-drafted-Michael-Floyd-quot-Thread***

Still waiting....

You bring up that thread after Gilmore gets sodomized by Stephen Hill?:roflmao::roflmao:

BillsOverDolphins
09-14-2012, 06:34 PM
YR, on Monday I will air all your dirty laundry. Will you kiss the ring after that?

I also said Marcus Fortson would make the Patriots roster and Hill would burn Gilmore. I know more than you do, just accept it. On Monday I'm going to pull your pants down, so start deleting posts.

YardRat
09-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Stillllll waiting.

Why delay until Monday? Do it now.

BillsOverDolphins
09-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Stillllll waiting.

Why delay until Monday? Do it now.

B/c I'm going out soon and not going to waste a Friday night (or a weekend) with you and your bottle of Jergen's. All good things to those who wait. On Monday (when I am inevitably bored at work) you will repent and kiss my ring.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-14-2012, 07:17 PM
No, not from a nursing home, but my apartment is across the street from one.

YardRat
09-14-2012, 07:22 PM
I also said Marcus Fortson would make the Patriots roster and Hill would burn Gilmore.

If you could link to both of these alleged posts, that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2012, 07:34 PM

WHO GIVES A ****?

Mr. Pink
09-15-2012, 05:11 AM
Were you postin from the nursing home when you thought KII the "solja!" was gonna do anything this year?

I'm a fair guy though since ya know he's not even on a team, I'll let ya slide out of that bet now since he can't show on the field he's done anymore.

BillsOverDolphins
09-15-2012, 03:40 PM
If you could link to both of these alleged posts, that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Mods, where is the UDFA tracker thread from April? My Fortson post(s) are in there. The Hill comment was right around post-draft as well, but I'm unable to bring up any of our live draft or live udfa tracker threads (my search only brings me back to June 2012). If anybody can point me to these threads, I would be happy to pick out the posts. Muchas gracias.

WHO GIVES A ****?
You're posting in this thread. Derp.

Were you postin from the nursing home when you thought KII the "solja!" was gonna do anything this year?

I'm a fair guy though since ya know he's not even on a team, I'll let ya slide out of that bet now since he can't show on the field he's done anymore.

Nah, a bet's a bet.

YardRat
09-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Mods, where is the UDFA tracker thread from April? My Fortson post(s) are in there. The Hill comment was right around post-draft as well, but I'm unable to bring up any of our live draft or live udfa tracker threads (my search only brings me back to June 2012). If anybody can point me to these threads, I would be happy to pick out the posts. Muchas gracias.

I expected as much, due to the shutdown, in all honesty.

If you were so bent on Hill burning Gilmore, why didn't you post the same sentiment in the week or so prior to the actual game?

BillsOverDolphins
09-15-2012, 03:49 PM
I expected as much, due to the shutdown, in all honesty.

If you were so bent on Hill burning Gilmore, why didn't you post the same sentiment in the week or so prior to the actual game?

Damn, well there goes Monday's plan if all the history's gone (congrats). I don't think I was here at all during the week before the game, tbh (I could be wrong)...to answer your question. I do have a # of "Our WR's suck (most notably Donald Jones)" posts to go back on though. As far as I recall we went back and forth on how dire our WR situation was, but then again I could've been arguing with any of the other 500 posters I argue with.

YardRat
09-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Damn, well there goes Monday's plan if all the history's gone (congrats). I don't think I was here at all during the week before the game, tbh (I could be wrong)...to answer your question. I do have a # of "Our WR's suck (most notably Donald Jones)" posts to go back on though. As far as I recall we went back and forth on how dire our WR situation was, but then again I could've been arguing with any of the other 500 posters I argue with.

I think we were on the same page on the WR's, at least for awhile...

"WR-Stevie/DP OR FA/Nelson/Roosevelt/Aiken or Easley/(Smith) (5)

Sign Stevie. Use a high pick or some cash in FA to get a #2. Nelson is more than solid, Rosie adequate depth. Rooting for Aiken, who knows if Easley will even be able to play again, ever. I've had enough of ChinaDoll Parrish and WhoTheHellIs Jones to last me a lifetime. Ruvell Martin also, ST's be damned."

BillsOverDolphins
09-15-2012, 04:21 PM
If that's the case, then I apologize.

YardRat
09-15-2012, 04:32 PM
No need for apologies, it's all good. :beers:

OpIv37
09-15-2012, 05:09 PM

It bothers me because it distracts from the conversation.

If someone like me sees a potential problem in preseason and posts about it, we get trashed and fed lines like "preseason doesn't matter" because some of the homers want to hold on to a delusion of a winning team for as long as possible.

If an article about the Bills moving pops up, people get trashed and called "pessimists" or "negative nancies" or "know-it-alls" for posting it or discussing it. No one posted those articles or discusses that issue to be a dick and ruin everyone else's good time. Those articles came out this week, they were about the team, so it makes sense to post them and discuss them on a message board devoted to said team.

Then it just becomes a pissing match of two people arguing back and forth about one being a "pessimist" and one being a "homer," and we are no longer talking about the team. And yes, I have to take my share of the blame on that because I have allowed myself to get drawn in to too many of those conversations. When those things start happening, I try hard to remind people that it's about the team and not about me, but I don't always succeed. And then the level of debate and discourse on this board goes right out the ****ing window.

BillsOverDolphins
09-15-2012, 05:31 PM
It bothers me because it distracts from the conversation.

If someone like me sees a potential problem in preseason and posts about it, we get trashed and fed lines like "preseason doesn't matter" because some of the homers want to hold on to a delusion of a winning team for as long as possible.

If an article about the Bills moving pops up, people get trashed and called "pessimists" or "negative nancies" or "know-it-alls" for posting it or discussing it. No one posted those articles or discusses that issue to be a dick and ruin everyone else's good time. Those articles came out this week, they were about the team, so it makes sense to post them and discuss them on a message board devoted to said team.

Then it just becomes a pissing match of two people arguing back and forth about one being a "pessimist" and one being a "homer," and we are no longer talking about the team. And yes, I have to take my share of the blame on that because I have allowed myself to get drawn in to too many of those conversations. When those things start happening, I try hard to remind people that it's about the team and not about me, but I don't always succeed. And then the level of debate and discourse on this board goes right out the ****ing window.

I, too, am guilty of this--probably to a much more egregious extent. I don't have the diplomacy or tact that Op does on here, but that's probably because I'm younger and have very little patience...so for that, I apologize.

I want this team to succeed so badly it's maddening. I'm starved for it. It affects my mood on Sundays, but that's part of being a fan--you can't help it. We all care to some extent, which is why we post on a football message board so often. For 12 (going on 13) years I've watched this team make one incompetent move after the other. First it was Bum's Son benching Flutie. Then it was the MSM itself. Then it was a comedy of errors after that with highlights like:

1. The 2003 collapse
2. Not beating the Steelers' b/u's to get into the playoffs--to this day I can't get over that game.
3. 2007 Dallas game
4. 2008 collapse
5. 2011 collapse

We have had a slew of bad coaches and even worse QB's and overall personnel for OVER A DECADE. This year I actually applaud the FO for spending--albeit in a Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder kind of "just throw money at them" manner. At least it was a change from the status quo.

That being said, I'm sick of losing. I'm sick of seeing my team take it up the ass every Sunday. I'm sick of every other team drafting (or acquiring) their franchise QB while we sit idly by and twiddle our thumbs. Most of all, I hate the seemingly bottomless pit of ambivalence toward it all by the fanbase. We are going to lose this team b/c the product on the field is excrement, and not attractive to buyers. If loyal fanbases like the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Colts can lose their teams, so can we. If LA can lose 2 teams, then we sure as hell can lose one.

I just want them to ****ing win. That is all.

YardRat
09-15-2012, 06:31 PM
I can't believe there is somebody out there that believes they have less diplomacy and tact than Op.

OpIv37
09-15-2012, 06:37 PM
I can't believe there is somebody out there that believes they have less diplomacy and tact than Op.
Lmao. Actually, in real life I have a lot of diplomacy and tact. On here, not so much.